Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-06-16, 15:19   Link #841
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
And that is the tragic thing about it in more ways than one. How is it that Fido got the most care yet the least time? This came to mean something, even if it was fleeting. I doubt I could remember the others but Fido I would because it was given a chance to make an impact, to do something memorable.

If Fido is gone, good luck to anyone that isn't Shin surviving in that last lot of the 86 we know. Hopefully Lena shows up in the last episode. Making up my mind with it whether I want to watch S2 or not.
There's going to be a S2? It doesn't end next ep in undead robot apocalypse?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-16, 16:45   Link #842
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
That depends. Do we count a second cour as a season 2 these days ?
Old 2021-06-16, 16:48   Link #843
Yazi88

Yeah, 2nd cour would count as season 2 given it is airing after a season break.
Yazi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-16, 17:04   Link #844
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I heard there was enough LN material to last 4.
Old 2021-06-16, 20:26   Link #845
Yazi88

Volume 2 and 3 both make up the 2nd story arc. Those 2 alone I believe is enough material for the 2nd cour. Although if they speed things up they could adapt volume 4 as well in it.
Old 2021-06-16, 23:27   Link #846
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazi88 View Post
Volume 2 and 3 both make up the 2nd story arc. Those 2 alone I believe is enough material for the 2nd cour. Although if they speed things up they could adapt volume 4 as well in it.
There's a certain obvious ending point that I think would be a good way for the anime to close out (barring, hopefully, future seasons) which is why I would be really surprised if they touched on volume 4 at all.
Old 2021-06-19, 12:03   Link #847
Frontier

It figures things couldn't keep going well for the team as they get ambushed by the Legion and end up losing all their Juggernaut's save for Shin's. And then poor Fido takes a shot meant for Shin .

The team finding a school and getting a little bit of that innocent school experience back was sweet in its own way, especially for how excited about it Kurena ended up being. Her enthusiasm was so infectious .

I thought something was up with Shin, so I wasn't that surprised when he left the rest of them behind to face off against the remaining Legion on his own and buy them more time. Of course, I don't think he was quite expecting a long-range artillery type with some very strong memories and anger behind him .

Shin does his best in a really cool action sequence, and Spearhead is charging right after him with nothing but normal guns, but in the end they're powerless against the Legion and are left in dire straits .

Lena finally arrives at Spearhead's base along with the next batch of Eighty-Six. She's supposedly under house arrest after what happened, but that finally gives her the free time she needs to do what she's probably been wanting to do for a while now, go to the place where they lived and existed and see how they lived their lives .

Turns out the mechanic Lev was an Alban the whole time, which is why he hid his eyes behind sunglasses, and he followed his wife and daughter into the camp to try and save them, only for them to die on the battlefield. But Shin was able to give him the peace of mind that his family had moved on and didn't resent him, and he's been helping the Eighty-Six as much as he can. He seems like a really cool guy .

Lena finds the pig princess drawing thanks to Spearhead's cat, with the teams' last words to her and a blurry group picture showing probably as good an image of them all that she's going to get at this point, and of course Lena gets super emotional about it but Shin's last words to her are able to reinvigorate her conviction to keep fighting to both honor their memory and to make it to the battlefield they headed towards .

Well...that's a very morbid way of ending this cour as Shin sees his brother again and he once again becomes the Skull Knight Shin probably imagined him as, indicating Shin might be dead too and then we cut to a shot of Shin's head cut off, implying the Legion grabbed him. Jeez, what a way to end things .
Old 2021-06-19, 12:06   Link #848
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Well...that's a very morbid way of ending this cour as Shin sees his brother again and he once again becomes the Skull Knight Shin probably imagined him as, indicating Shin might be dead too and then we cut to a shot of Shin's head cut off, implying the Legion grabbed him. Jeez, what a way to end things .
Apparently this episode isn’t cour finale, but next week with a newly revealed special episode
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-19, 12:42   Link #849
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra117 View Post
Apparently this episode isn’t cour finale, but next week with a newly revealed special episode
Yeah, I'm...really curious what they're going to do there .
Old 2021-06-19, 15:47   Link #850
Twi

You think they would have announced it before now...
Old 2021-06-19, 16:15   Link #851
Eraea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
You think they would have announced it before now...
Which is a very welcome surprise from A-1...

Anyways with that end title card for the special episode, I think I can guess what's gonna be shown and I'm very excited

Last edited by Eraea; 2021-06-19 at 16:16. Reason: Added some thoughts
Eraea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-19, 16:54   Link #852
Alchemist007
*Author

I can see how this could have been a hell of an ending if the 86ers cast was endearing, but I didn't find them to be as such. As to the military industrial complex and Lena's role in it, I found that to be a bit more interesting and look forward to what becomes of it.
Old 2021-06-19, 17:23   Link #853
grecefar

Well its going to take a while for them to meet, that of course if they are still alive.

At least I think shin is alive.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-19, 17:24   Link #854
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Awww.... A part of me was hoping that, somehow, they'd come out of this alive; maybe stumble on a new resistance party that was also fighting the Legion. Shame that all of them(supposedly) lost their lives here. Only thing I didn't quite understand was why at the end, Shin didn't take his own life, like he had constrained so many others to do? He actually let himself get taken instead of killing himself, unless its part of some bigger, unexplained plot of his(or the end was ambiguous like it always is and the outcome is not what it seemed).

The flashes of the long-range cannon user was interesting. The flag there was different than the Republic's, so either these are people from another country that was also attacked by the Legion or perhaps the Empire of Giad itself. I can easily see this as an opening to continue the story from a different perspective, but given the determination Lena showed at the end, seems that the story still might be told from her point of view. I'm not sure what exactly she can do to change anything, but it'll be interesting to see from this point on.

Also, sad her 1st love was(supposedly) killed. Can't imagine if, somehow, she ends up on the battlefield and has to fight Shin's ghost in Legion form, although it would also be amazing if Shin's cleanly-stolen head allowed Lena to keep that shared ability to hear the Legion, or some-such via para-raid.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-19, 18:07   Link #855
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Damn, that ending. For a minute Ithought they cancelled 2nd cour. Let's hope the special episode will clear things up.

Overall one of my favourits this season along weith Odd Taxi and sHadow House. The setting was a bit meh, but characters, story and good production more than compensated for it.

I'm waiting for more now.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-19, 18:26   Link #856
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm almost disappointed there is a second cour (and a special episode apparently), because this episode would have made for a great ending to the show. The last members of Spearhead were unable to escape their fate but they at least died swinging like they wanted. Lena is more determined than ever to follow their example, knowing deep down the days of the Republic are numbered.

Yes, it would have been depressing but I like that kind of ending sometimes.
Old 2021-06-19, 18:34   Link #857
Yazi88

That scene where Shin saw/heard the vengeful Shepard was something new here.

That is the same unit who bombarded them episodes earlier, where a lot of members were killed in the enemy artillery attack. Very long range bombardment that is different from the Scorpion legion fire they are used to.
Old 2021-06-19, 18:57   Link #858
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

I'm confused, why didn't Shin just shoot himself in the head so Legion couldn't take it, he did have a handgun right?
Old 2021-06-19, 19:31   Link #859
Wandering Soul

You could actually be fooled into believing that was Spearhead Squadron's final stand if you didn't know there was a second cour.
Old 2021-06-19, 19:43   Link #860
Tenzen12

Well, it's not Like Shin and orhers being alive is prequisite for second season.

Tags
harem, mecha, politics, sci-fi