AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-14, 08:21   Link #1541
Sundae
Nightmare 'rings

don't add fuel to the flame >.<
It won't be long before Asa's fan barge in here -.-

I love every character in SHuffle, their character was well made unlike some other harem anime
Old 2006-08-14, 09:23   Link #1542
-Nyu-
Yozora

Shuffle is a good series, in my opionion especially because of the good mix of romance, action, a bit harem and drama in there.
I also think, that each character in Shuffle! has his/her interesting sites.
Moreover I asume some people dislike Asa because of the ending in the anime.
I also didn't like it, because it was too rushed in my opinion (whole time Sia and suddenly Asa). But well, just because of that I don't say I hate Asa or whatever.
Would be the same as claiming Fate/stay night sucks or Air sucks because it has not a perfect happy ending. My point to this discussion.
Old 2006-08-14, 10:15   Link #1543
~Daisuki~
☆☆☆&amp;#97

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Nyu-
Shuffle is a good series, in my opionion especially because of the good mix of romance, action, a bit harem and drama in there.
I also think, that each character in Shuffle! has his/her interesting sites.
Moreover I asume some people dislike Asa because of the ending in the anime.
I also didn't like it, because it was too rushed in my opinion (whole time Sia and suddenly Asa). But well, just because of that I don't say I hate Asa or whatever.
Would be the same as claiming Fate/stay night sucks or Air sucks because it has not a perfect happy ending. My point to this discussion.
well said lol
Old 2006-08-14, 13:41   Link #1544
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Agree with Nyu .... I thought the character designs for *all* the girls were delightful and Asa "winning" (ignore last minute reset attempt) was *not* the issue for me so much as the way the script just fell apart as it moved from the Kaede arc into and through the Asa arc. I stopped feeling like I was seeing representations of "real people" and they'd been replaced by some stick puppets manipulated by really incompetent puppeteers. And at the last minute those puppeteers tried to "reset" the story by having everyone still after Rin despite the life changing events of the previous 24 episodes... lame lame lame --- at least Magikano (a light comedy parody of harem) used a time loop to avoid destroying the credibility of their characters.

Don't mind me, I'll just focus on Ama's encounter with the kings in the last episode which was brilliantly written in comparison to everything around it.
Old 2006-08-14, 14:47   Link #1545
-Nyu-
Yozora

Agree with that^^
But I think the ending of Magikano also was not good, it's also not following the storyline of the manga.
Well, that's another topic Forget about that.
Back to the roots: I played the Shuffle game and think, that it was very difficult for the anime to present each character in a proper way. I think they did a nice job with this point.

Last edited by -Nyu-; 2006-08-14 at 15:21.
Old 2006-08-14, 18:10   Link #1546
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

Kaede and Asa are my two favorites. i think if you play the game but dont understand what Asa is saying it might come across as a bit dull, but that's not the case. All of the characters have had their personalities adjusted a bit in the anime, mostly towards more extreme actions. Asa in the game is not as dominating over Rin but she does make whitty remarks over everthing he does. the magic stuff is mostly only in the anime to make the show more appealing to a larger audience. the God, Devil, other world stuff doesnt really impact the game too much in my opinion; but this is a key point in the story plot that most people focus on when they watch the anime. on the other hand, though, if you dont take into account the anime, kaede's story line loses alot of her background. and that would be problematic, easily affecting her popularity levels.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Potatochobit; 2006-08-15 at 03:37.
Old 2006-08-15, 02:15   Link #1547
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

^ You know, that's a spoiler, someone may not have seen Air
Old 2006-08-15, 03:37   Link #1548
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

ok ill put the little spoiler tags on before the grammar police show up and try to arrest me again j/k

now im a little confused on nerine's household. forbesee is the dad, thats obvious but sage is nerine's real mom? how exactly is Ai related to the family?

here is a website with an online guide for tick tack and alot of other neat games that someone recently showed me.

http://www.geocities.jp/rophan_tom/Capture/game.html
Old 2006-08-15, 03:52   Link #1549
Wrath88
Kissing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
now im a little confused on nerine's household. forbesee is the dad, thats obvious but sage is nerine's real mom? how exactly is Ai related to the family?
She was Forbesii's fiance at first, but he decided to follow his heart and go for Sage instead.
Old 2006-08-15, 06:51   Link #1550
ponydash
Nyoro~n!

Hai! Sorry for being AWOL! I'll get round to doing Mayumi's path as soon as I have some spare time (work... ugh...). As an apology, here's a present for anyone who doesn't already have it:

http://rapidshare.de/files/29474748/...ation.mp3.html

This is Tsubomi's image song from Shuffle! On The Stage. It's silly, catchy, and I really love it, although the rest of you might find it seriously annoying...

Latest: Win a LTD Edition of Tick! Tack! Come to our site and register for more details!
Old 2006-08-15, 07:03   Link #1551
ShadowrazoR
Unlimited Bishoujo Works

Speaking of which, does anyone know who voices Tsubomi? I feel weird leaving the artist section of her song's ID3 tag empty.
Old 2006-08-15, 07:20   Link #1552
ponydash
Nyoro~n!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowrazoR
Speaking of which, does anyone know who voices Tsubomi? I feel weird leaving the artist section of her song's ID3 tag empty.
Ryouko Tanaka

Latest: Win a LTD Edition of Tick! Tack! Come to our site and register for more details!
Old 2006-08-15, 07:29   Link #1553
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponydash
although the rest of you might find it seriously annoying...
Nope, heard it just have the DVD was released - and i love each song on it. ^^
Old 2006-08-15, 07:36   Link #1554
ShadowrazoR
Unlimited Bishoujo Works

Thanks a lot, ponydash!
Old 2006-08-15, 09:51   Link #1555
-Nyu-
Yozora

About Air
Spoiler:

Thank you for the song PonyDash ^-^
Old 2006-08-15, 12:14   Link #1556
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The whole reincarnation cycle and thousand year curse are the essential core of AIR ... not sure how you avoid the tragic aspects of that. The trap of course is that the series just starts out like most any other "harem" series and then ensnares you in a much bigger story. It is painful for me to even pull up the file folder and I loved the story.
Old 2006-08-15, 12:33   Link #1557
-Nyu-
Yozora

Mee too, Air is my most favourite anime. I just love every little aspect of it.
But when you watch the opening "the 1000th summer" there's still, even after the plenty tragedic moments, something positive in it.
Back to topic: Since Helkin's still not around I think we could discuss a bit about the alpha patch.
What do you think of the translation, is it fitting?
What problems did you experience?
And so on.

In my opinion the translation is pretty good, I just started learning Japanese but I showed it to my Sensei (she was working 10 years in an elementary school in Japan) and she told me it's well done. Of course there might be always some scenes you can have an argument about. But the only possibility in this case would be a direct translation or help from Navel^-^
About some errors, well, didn't have any. Just had to set the language for non unicode programs into Japanese to eliminate gaps in the text.
Old 2006-08-15, 18:16   Link #1558
bobmarleypeople
Inactive Member

2 things. 1) I wasn't saying I didn't like primula. Yes she is cute IN A SMALL CHILD WAY!!! I was referring to the h-scenes (which are disturbing) as I was guessing that Really? Really? was going to be another h-game. Seriously, how did she know how to do that? She looks about 8! (It's obvious now that I'm against lolicon). If you disagree with her age or if it's mentioned in the anime somewhere (I really must watch that again sometime) let me know. Once again, sorry if people got the wrong idea.
2) The translation is good but quite often letters in words overlap making it a little hard to read. The menus are done very well ^_^
Old 2006-08-15, 20:04   Link #1559
n0sk1llz
Gao~

Send a message via AIM to n0sk1llz Send a message via Yahoo to n0sk1llz
Unhappy Ummmm....?

Could someone tell me how the translation/s are going? I don't really wanna go through the ENTIRE thread
Old 2006-08-15, 20:18   Link #1560
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0sk1llz
Could someone tell me how the translation/s are going? I don't really wanna go through the ENTIRE thread
All you have to do is read the past two threads, and you'd find out.