AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2021-10-27, 21:19   Link #6001
KnightShade

@Zoldec is right, kiyotaka gave Suzune and by extention the class an out to get rid of kushida and they still fumbled at the one yard line.

Hard to blame kiyotaka for making the hard choices when he's surounded by impulsive morons
Old 2021-10-28, 00:54   Link #6002
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightShade View Post
@Zoldec is right, kiyotaka gave Suzune and by extention the class an out to get rid of kushida and they still fumbled at the one yard line.

Hard to blame kiyotaka for making the hard choices when he's surounded by impulsive morons
That's kind of moralizing Ayanokoji's actions. Ayanokoji has a lot of beef with Kushida but we have to remember that Horikita doesn't at the moment and neither did the rest of the class. And Kushida is one of the most capable students in the class as it was stated that she would be a candidate for Class B originally. Expelling Kushida would be more of an impulse as it makes no sense to expel one of the best students in the class which would hurt the class when it came to their exam score averages and for future exams.

You're just basing it around what Ayanokoji wanted but the fact is that someone like Ayanokoji is far too intelligent not to predict what Horikita would do and not know who would have been the one to get expelled. In my view, that was the whole point of baiting Kushida as she was the only one in the class stopping them from having an unanimous vote on that subject so Ayanokoji had to play his hand to get the whole class to have an unanimous vote. And I don't believe that Ayanokoji's end goal was expelling Kushida.

The moralizing whatever Ayanokoji does is really annoying to be honest.

@LG-MAX I know. I was just joking.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-28, 04:38   Link #6003
AP24

It’s understandable that Kiyotaka wants Kushida expelled. She’s like a ticking time bomb and it would be disastrous if she explodes at a crucial moment.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-28, 05:32   Link #6004
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
It’s understandable that Kiyotaka wants Kushida expelled. She’s like a ticking time bomb and it would be disastrous if she explodes at a crucial moment.
The question is did he want her expelled. I'm working with very little since there's no detailed summary but I seemed that Ayanokoji anticipated what Horikita would do. So I'm more convinced he used Kushida to manipulate the class into expelling someone as basically all of them besides Koenji and Kushida we're against it and Kushida wasn't budging. So I feel like he used Kushida as a means to an end but expelling Kushida wasn't the ultimate end in itself. I do think he would want to have Kushida expelled but likely knew it wouldn't be possible if Horikita defended her.
Old 2021-10-28, 08:39   Link #6005
LG-MAX 2.o

I don't think from the start Kiyo planned to kick Kushida out, but he just prepared for the worst result ((Before the exam he talked to Hirata and Kei, and told Hirata that if there were two hours left of the exam and if the class had not reached an agreement, he would take drastic measures).). The exam would have gone well if it hadn't been for Kushida's insistence on wanting to expel someone.

We even have the scene where Kiyo tells the class that he would reveal who the traitor was and if he was wrong he would take responsibility and leave the school. But Kushida didn't take Kiyo seriously, SHE DIDN'T TAKE HIM SERIOUSLY.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-28, 08:43   Link #6006
Anime_Sekai

Kushida last boss confirmed.
Anime_Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-28, 08:47   Link #6007
LG-MAX 2.o

I find it easier to be Horikita, Kushida is too stupid for that. She was saved by the person she hates the most. And all her plans go wrong. She looks like a comedy character.
Old 2021-10-28, 09:07   Link #6008
GPMS

Once it got down to it Kiyotaka 100% wanted to expel Kushida. He even manipulated her into exposing the secrets of the people in the class to gather up even more hatred towards her and increase the chances of getting an unanimous vote for her expulsion.
However Horikita declared she absolutely wouldn't vote for it so he had to go to the next best option which is Airi since they were forced to expel someone otherwise they would lose 350 cp and then their chances of reaching class A would be basically 0.
GPMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-28, 15:29   Link #6009
KnightShade

Everything in the summaries points toward kiyo wanting kushida gone and rightfully so, her potential is pointless if her own personality prevents it from ever being an asset. the difference between her and Koenji is at least the latter isn't actively plotting against classmates... and is a fucking prodigy who's potential is worth keeping around. How many people has kushida sold her own class out for? Ryuen, yagami, the list keeps growing.

With kushida exposed, her biggest asset that is her sphere of influence is now gone. There were several students with better exam scores than her, and kiyo can easily put in a little more effort to make up for her being gone.
Old 2021-10-28, 19:25   Link #6010
Lucidrago

Quote:
Everything in the summaries points toward kiyo wanting kushida gone and rightfully so, her potential is pointless if her own personality prevents it from ever being an asset. the difference between her and Koenji is at least the latter isn't actively plotting against classmates... and is a fucking prodigy who's potential is worth keeping around. How many people has kushida sold her own class out for? Ryuen, yagami, the list keeps growing.

With kushida exposed, her biggest asset that is her sphere of influence is now gone. There were several students with better exam scores than her, and kiyo can easily put in a little more effort to make up for her being gone.
Still it would still take away from their class exam average which does contribute to them receiving class points and even if Kushida isn't the best student academically she is one of the better ones and it is more pragmatic to expel a student who has one of the lower OAA scores.

Even if Koenji is a prodigy he only helps the class when he wants to and really for his own sake and not for the class. What happens if he decides not to participate in the sports festival again this year?

And besides Ayanokoji is a prodigy but hasn't been using his abilities to the fullest until recently. So being.a prodigy doesn't really justify anything. Especially when Ayanokoji purposely got 50s on all his exams just so he wouldn't stand out.

Even if we don't like Kushida, we can't really neglect her talent. And besides what would happen if Kushida had even more dirt on the class than she revealed and got someone else expelled if the class chose her.

Besides wouldn't the vote need to be unanimous for Kushida to be expelled? So wouldn't that mean Kushida would have to vote for herself to drop out?
Old 2021-10-28, 22:03   Link #6011
KnightShade

Not to any signifigant degree for the aforementioned reasons, certainly not enough to outweigh her massive liabilities

Koenji litterally carries the exam scores with MINIMAL effort.... I'll take him helping when he wants to in sports over kushida potentially botching a sport exam to screw over classmates anyday lmao

So potential only matters for kushida, but not people like ayanokouji or koenji who far surpass her? forget the prodigies, i'm convinced that if Kei keeps up her studies, they could drop kushida and not miss a beat.

No one is neglecting her talent. At this point her talent is effectively useless with her being exposed, but even if that weren't the case, she is actively plotting on two key members of her own class who contribute far more, and are far more valuable despite multiple opportunities for reconciliation. That alone negates any value she has individually, nevermind all the self sabatoge in the past.

Exams with votes to expell people aren't always unanimous, see volume 10. in fact this is the one exam that required a unanimous vote to expell thus far.

Last edited by KnightShade; 2021-10-28 at 22:17.
KnightShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-29, 20:55   Link #6012
Lucidrago

Quote:
Not to any signifigant degree for the aforementioned reasons, certainly not enough to outweigh her massive liabilities

Koenji litterally carries the exam scores with MINIMAL effort.... I'll take him helping when he wants to in sports over kushida potentially botching a sport exam to screw over classmates anyday lmao

So potential only matters for kushida, but not people like ayanokouji or koenji who far surpass her? forget the prodigies, i'm convinced that if Kei keeps up her studies, they could drop kushida and not miss a beat.

No one is neglecting her talent. At this point her talent is effectively useless with her being exposed, but even if that weren't the case, she is actively plotting on two key members of her own class who contribute far more, and are far more valuable despite multiple opportunities for reconciliation. That alone negates any value she has individually, nevermind all the self sabatoge in the past.

Exams with votes to expell people aren't always unanimous, see volume 10. in fact this is the one exam that required a unanimous vote to expell thus far.
I do agree with you and have revised my opinion a bit.

If they ended up expelling Kushida she might have decided to take the class down with her. She caused a class breakdown in middle school when she was found out. She could basically reveal everyone's secrets and irreparably damage the class if she was expelled and had nothing to lose.

And two it wouldn't be a choice born out of fairness or pragmatism but one based on emotion. This is also dangerous because Kushida held a lot of influence among her classmates and if she was revealed and got expelled it would be the class reacting in anger. The problem with that would mean that no one would be safe in any future exams where they would have to expel someone if someone like Kushida was able to get expelled.

What would happen if they came in last place for the next exam between the second-year classes and decided to expel Ayanokoji? There's quite a number of them that don't trust him because of his recent exam scores and him getting a protection point last year because of Class A. They could accuse him of colluding with other classes and holding back and being the reason they lost and expel him. And some may even hold him responsible for Kushida's expulsion. Just because they expelled Kushida who held a lot of influence in their class. Or they could even expel Horikita. They could entirely nuke their chances of getting to Class A just because of the aftereffects of Kushida's expulsion and how it would affect the class.

It would be very risky to expel Kushida as it could easily set off a chain reaction in the class both in the short-term and long-term.

And Volume 10's exam was very different from this one where the first-year students each got three praise votes and three criticism votes that could be given to any of their classmates or those in the other first-year classes. And the person who got the most praise votes in each of the four classes would get a protection point and the ones who got the most criticism votes would be expelled unless they could spend 20 million points to cancel it out.

This volume's exam is called the 'Unanimous Vote Exam' which each class would have to unanimously vote on five topics. So I was basically guessing that Kushida would have to vote with the rest of the class if she was going to be expelled. I just need a more detailed summary though so I can't be certain.
Old 2021-10-29, 21:43   Link #6013
GPMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
This volume's exam is called the 'Unanimous Vote Exam' which each class would have to unanimously vote on five topics. So I was basically guessing that Kushida would have to vote with the rest of the class if she was going to be expelled. I just need a more detailed summary though so I can't be certain.
Of course, the one being chosen to be expelled can't vote for or against it. The unanimous vote is for everyone besides the one chosen. In Kushida's case Horikita said she definitely wouldn't vote for it so it was impossible to expel her. With Airi, however, Kiyotaka was able to convince her that her getting expelled was the best option for the class and for herself so she convinced Haruka (the only one against it) to vote for it.
GPMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-29, 22:39   Link #6014
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
I do agree with you and have revised my opinion a bit.

If they ended up expelling Kushida she might have decided to take the class down with her. She caused a class breakdown in middle school when she was found out. She could basically reveal everyone's secrets and irreparably damage the class if she was expelled and had nothing to lose.

And two it wouldn't be a choice born out of fairness or pragmatism but one based on emotion. This is also dangerous because Kushida held a lot of influence among her classmates and if she was revealed and got expelled it would be the class reacting in anger. The problem with that would mean that no one would be safe in any future exams where they would have to expel someone if someone like Kushida was able to get expelled.

What would happen if they came in last place for the next exam between the second-year classes and decided to expel Ayanokoji? There's quite a number of them that don't trust him because of his recent exam scores and him getting a protection point last year because of Class A. They could accuse him of colluding with other classes and holding back and being the reason they lost and expel him. And some may even hold him responsible for Kushida's expulsion. Just because they expelled Kushida who held a lot of influence in their class. Or they could even expel Horikita. They could entirely nuke their chances of getting to Class A just because of the aftereffects of Kushida's expulsion and how it would affect the class.

It would be very risky to expel Kushida as it could easily set off a chain reaction in the class both in the short-term and long-term.

And Volume 10's exam was very different from this one where the first-year students each got three praise votes and three criticism votes that could be given to any of their classmates or those in the other first-year classes. And the person who got the most praise votes in each of the four classes would get a protection point and the ones who got the most criticism votes would be expelled unless they could spend 20 million points to cancel it out.

Kushida already did that this volume, she pulled the nuclear option and they(well suzune) still didn't get rid of her. she spilled tea on numerous people this volume to the point that it's highly unlikely she has anything of substance left. IIRC she was fully prepared to be expelled, that doesn't sound like someone with more cards left to play.

Keyword held. Her influence is gone now. It's not like they were about to boot her simply off alegations. she was literally exposed and proven as a traitor. To argue that there was no pragmatism here had she did get booted just isn't supported based on the summaries.

This idea that getting rid of kushida would lead to the class devolving into a finger pointing mob is just a reach based on the assumptions addressed above. This theoretical powder keg also relies on the idea that the whole class didn't just see kushida going nuclear after being exposed. It seems like a herculean leap in logic to think the class would blame kiyo/horikita in a future failed exam for getting rid of a person they were literally shown to be a cancer to the class, especially when said person basically confirmed it themselves.

This exam being different is exactly the point. Why are you asumming a future expell vote would require a unannimous vote by default when this is the first time this has happened? Also, what GPMS said.
Old 2021-11-05, 16:32   Link #6015
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diluc View Post
At this point Sakura is masochist if she still liking Ayanokouji after all of this.
Sakura: harder daddy
Kiyo: what
Kei: what
Sakura: w h a t
Old 2021-11-09, 23:40   Link #6016
EvI

What happens to my girl ichinose in this volume?

Last edited by EvI; 2021-11-19 at 07:23.
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-16, 12:46   Link #6017
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvI View Post
What happens tomy girl ichinose in this volume?
Ichinose is the leader of a cult.
Old 2021-11-17, 06:07   Link #6018
tuckersister

How did Class D take the news that Kiyo and Kei are a couple?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-17, 10:03   Link #6019
LG-MAX 2.o

That part has been translated already. Kiyo was invited by the Ayanokouji Group to have lunch, but kei jumped in and said he was going to have lunch with her. When she did that, everyone except Koenji looked at them. Haruka was quite confused before understanding.
A funny thing is that Kiyo answered questions from Haruka, but none from Horikita, who also asked questions.

There is a summary with a lot of details and with scenes translated in reddit.
Old 2021-11-22, 09:50   Link #6020
LG-MAX 2.o

Kono Light Sugoi 2022

Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi 2022 Women's TOP 5

1. Mahiru Shiina (The Angel Next Door Spoils me Rotten)
2. Siesta (The Detective is Already Dead)
3. Yukino Yukinoshita (Oregairu)
4. Kei Karuizawa (Classroom of the Elite)
5. Myne (Ascendance of a Bookworm)

Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi 2022 Men's TOP 5

1. Kiyotaka Ayanokoji (Classroom of the Elite)
2. Chitose Saku (Chiramune)
3. Hachiman Hikigaya (Oregairu)
4. Ferdinand (Ascendance of a Bookworm)
5. Amane Fujimiya (The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten)

Tags
comedy, drama, harem, mf bunko j, romance, school, thriller