AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-03-09, 04:50   Link #101
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
I kinda feel this last episode was somewhat meandering. The "revolution" kinda came out of nowhere.
She says she wants a revolution. Well, you know. She wants to change the world. She tells me that it's evolution. Well, you know. She wants to change the world.

That was the best prophecy ever, it almost makes up for the goddess being insane.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-09, 07:59   Link #102
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Show Hayami totally stole the show this week. I always love hearring him in comedic roles.
Old 2022-03-09, 08:20   Link #103
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
I kinda feel this last episode was somewhat meandering. The "revolution" kinda came out of nowhere.
It was like that in the manga as well. Going from "Yeah, ofc I gonna help you" to "DOWN WITH THE KING!" "Oh shit shit shit...". Never accept for a cute girl's request before hearing it out first. XD

Jinguuji is struggling more and more to withstand his feelings for Tachibana and Tachibana as well understands how much his feelings have changed and how he wouldn't care about random praises, just about the praises from one particular person. Still not sure if that really is the curse of the goddess or something that just happened after the gender change.

What was missing in this episode was how Tachibana had problems to remember what he looked like as a man, but I guess they cut that out because it might have opened a new can shortly before the end of the season.

Next episode gonna be great with Schwa returning and having to do the savings like a real hero would.^^
Old 2022-03-09, 17:03   Link #104
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Jinguuji is struggling more and more to withstand his feelings for Tachibana and Tachibana as well understands how much his feelings have changed and how he wouldn't care about random praises, just about the praises from one particular person. Still not sure if that really is the curse of the goddess or something that just happened after the gender change.
That aspect of the series is what makes it so much fun. Like KonoSuba, the isekai world is almost entirely full of degenerates because of the various Goddesses that control it. Just a different flavor. Far less toxic, but more insidious.

There's rampant narcissism among the Goddess of Love's followers and chosen, and Tachibana is definitely not immune to it. Tachibana and Jinguji are very much aware of what the curse is slowly turning them into, both individually and as a pair of friends, and now increasingly desperate to finish the quest before they fall in love with each other for their own respective reasons shown at the beginning of the series.

Stuff like the paper bag treatment keeps Tachibana from being corrupted like the Elf or the Church sister. Slip into an act too much, or revel in the power the Goddess Blessed body gives, and end up with behaviors they both openly resented before they were sent here. Since they started with so little and knew almost nothing, unlike Schwa who is totally into all this, they've been forced to use Tachibana's looks from time to time. The corresponding slow changes in personality is a progression throughout the series so far.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-15, 12:19   Link #105
Frontier

I didn't expect that...the citizens are not having any of the princess' call for rebellion and have better sense than to go along with it, at least up until Ygraine and Tachibana become idols in short skirts and turn all the men into simps. I guess that's one way to rally people .

Well, to the princess' credit, she doesn't want any wild violence or bloodshed, and wants to make this a peaceful coup...but I think her maid has other ideas .

Tachibana's thighs in that short skirt! Tachibana putting her tights on! Too bad Jinguuji didn't get to see that .

Poor Mouria...she's tied up so thoroughly that Tachibana thinks she's into bondage, and then Tachiabana ties up her up even more thoroughly in another bondage position up in the air and straight up abandons her .

Yggie's maid gives Tachibana a thorough slime massage and listens to Tachibana wail on about how self-conscious she feels about Jinguuji and her lack of really doing anything...but if the earlier indication of the maid being suspicious wasn't enough, Kalm's ears popping up when she's corrupting Tachibana's hero marking is definitely showing some trouble ahead .

So Jinguuji's been shoving people in the dirt for Tachibana since they were kids. What was in Tachibana's distorted memories? It seemed like he called Jinguuji a Hero, but was there more to it than that ?

I just love how the first time we properly see that Goddess again it's as she's enjoying her evening drink and meal right before watching over everyone while Tachibana is easily swayed against her .

Who will save the kingdom? Why none other than Schwartz-kun, of course! Gotta love how Schwartz immediately gravitates towards Jinguuji when he sees him and fails to realize he completely ignored the king...and then redoes his intro. Man, I missed him .

Schwa-kun and Lucius have gotten really chummy, and Schwa-kun now sees Lucius as a "master," and Lucius seems actually proud of Schwa-kun, in-between hitting him whenever he does his Isekai Hero shtick .

So not only did Schwa-kun get Gram back, but he's apparently learned to use it to slice through peoples' clothes and brainwashing, freeing the rampaging idol fans and leaving them to all go home naked. Good job, Schwa-kun .

Schwa-kun is on cloud 9 now that he's finally properly living his Isekai experience, but he can't help but comment on Jinguuji and Tachibana's relationship and tell that Jinguuji's jealous Tachibana abandoned him for the princess. Not that Jinguuji takes it well, but how brave of Schwa-kun to face Jinguuji's wrath, listen to his problems, and still tell him like it is .
Old 2022-03-15, 12:21   Link #106
James Rye

Schwartz's weapon being able to cut anything, even willpower, is pretty impressive, ngl. Turned a whole rebel army into a peaceful nudist movement with one swing.

Tachibana's memory from the past was adorable, Jinguuji was alreadya hero for him back then. Too bad the head maid is messing with his mind/feelings over the goddess mark. Gotta say, head maid knows what men do like, miniskirt and idol looks - perfect mix to create a (perverted) army out of peasants.^^

Jinguuji, bro, you better start being honest with yourself, you depressed jealous old ma-"gets drilled into the ground with Jinguuji's Judo power"

Also Schwartz, keep dreaming, you will never get a spin-off. xD
Old 2022-03-15, 19:10   Link #107
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was happy to see Schwartz return and be competent even if that only for a brief moment. Gram is an even more OP weapon than we thought, being able to cut through concepts.
Old 2022-03-15, 20:48   Link #108
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Schwartz is back and he got his sword back to but he seems dumber then before but it all so good to see Lucius again as well

Jinguuji is just sitting there a lost of what to do
Old 2022-03-15, 21:25   Link #109
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I've got to admit, Scwartz and his sword are pretty awesome. Sure it was a bit of a weird way to win, but he did win. Plus he stopped a riot without killing anyone. That's pretty good. Especially when...one person there was antagonizing the crowd! Plus it kind of fits him. Not the type of person that would want to kill a bunch of people. Also credit to the guy for withstanding Jinguuji's bloodlust.

Props to his Goddess too. Gave him a pretty awesome sword. It cut through weapons, clothes, and willpower. Snapped everyone back to their senses that had been driven crazy in part from Tachibana's beauty. Honestly if he keeps going steadily forward, he could legitimately turn into a hero capable of saving that world. Just...needs to keep working on his weaknesses.

Jinguuji does need to get his head back on straight. Not only is Tachibana left alone with a demon that is messing with that goddess mark...but it's just not a good situation in general. Just let himself end up in this state and hasn't been able to pick himself up. In a sense it's good that Schwartz has shown up. Needs someone that will say what needs to be said. Even if it does risk upsetting Jinguuji who is a terrifying individual when he's upset.

Also secondary props to the guy for withstanding Jin
Old 2022-03-15, 21:36   Link #110
Wandering Soul

Not only did Schwartz return, but he got Gram back and got to br competent. I also like how he's the one to tell Jinguuji what he needs to hear.
Old 2022-03-18, 02:58   Link #111
jdennis007

If Tachibana was to cry help Jinguuji would turn into Superman and immediately come to her rescue.
Old 2022-03-18, 15:21   Link #112
ryllharu

There's actually some lessons in this series about healthy co-dependencies, or even what aspects make a couple strong (either platonic or romantic!).

We've always known that Tachibana needs Jinguuji to protect him in both worlds, but they've kept secret the real reasons that Jinguuji needs Tachibana back. In the fantasy world, he even gets weaker when they're separated, but the Goddess has forced their codependency to become far more obvious, and over the course of the series they've both spent a lot of time reconsidering why they were such closely intertwined friends. They've played it off as Tachibana being used to help deter Jinguuji's potential suitors by providing him a companion and an excuse, but eventually we'll find out what they've been leaving out of those flashbacks.

Even Schwarz got more powerful and legitimately amazing by being brutally trained and directed by Lucius, when he was largely a joke before. Lucius in turn, while still a bit sour about everything, at least seems to have lost a substantial amount of bitterness. They've both improved by being paired with the other.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-22, 12:04   Link #113
Frontier

I don't think the Demon Lords forces expected their plan to be thwarted Schwa-kun turning their rioting fanboys into nudists .

You have to admire that Kalm was committed to this plan enough to actually put in the work to become Head Maid through her own effort. She may be evil, but that's dedication .

So how much of this rebellion was Ygraine's idea and how much of it was Kalm manipulating her? Because it seems like Kalm was doing the same thing she did to Tachibana to push Ygraine into going along with this, at least to some extent .

I love how Yggie goes "blegh" when Kalm karate chops her into unconsciousness. And apparently Kalm has had to suffer for working under Yggie for so long that it was very emotionally cathartic .

The kingdom's secret weapon being a giant rabbit mecha that shoots adorable beams at people was so on-brand for this kingdom that I'm not surprised that crazy Goddess came up with it .

Lucius letting loose her inner girl because Mehpon is just too adorable .

I love how Vizzd and Kalm are bickering like the whole time Vizzd is trying to pilot the robot. They're like the Tachibana and Jinguuji of the Demon Lords' side .

It looks like Jinguuji and Schwa-kun are about to make their last stand...only Jinguuji has no power so he's basically just leaving it up to Schwa-kun to take care of since he's got the weapon and everything, and thankfully Schwa-kun can actually slice the beams but it's still kind of unfair (yet hilarious) that they're leaving everything to him .

Japanese apartment doors can apparently withstand giant ray beams. Good to know .

Tachibana eventually takes over the robot and goes mad with power because the envy and frustration she feels toward Jinguuji and never receiving any kind of praise drives her to try and take Jinguuji out now that she has the power to do it. And with their relationship strained at this point, Jinguuji doesn't have any of his powers either. And he can't just randomly compliment her too, because she knows he doesn't mean it. Things are definitely set up for a very dramatic finish for the series .
Old 2022-03-22, 16:51   Link #114
James Rye

Nice finish! Next episode gonna be the last one, kinda said, really enjoyed this series. About time the two talk about Tachibana's feelings of inferiority towards his friend. Once that has been resolved, I bet Jinguuji already did praised Tachibana in the past and that spell just blocked everything good related to increase the frustration/jealousy, then those two will end up even closer than before.
Won't end with a kiss, obviously lol, but with two bros being able to have an open heart to heart talk. Thanks to Calm and her one-year plan. XDDD

The Goddess of Love really got a weird design taste though, that Meepon...

Schwartz was MVP! Blocking all those shots, telling the pushy adults to shut up, saving the fall, telling Jinguuji off, etc and etc. Dude is on a roll. "Can I add that line to my list of lines I wanna say before I die?" I love this guy! XD

Tachibana was super cute in his jealous fit with those teary eyes and chocking voice. Must have been eaten away at him for a long long time. Man, I both want next week to already be here and at the same time I kinda don't. :c
Old 2022-03-22, 19:06   Link #115
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Schwartz's weapon is even more OP than I thought
If not for Tachibana being in it, he could probably easily destroy the robot.
Old 2022-03-22, 20:47   Link #116
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well good thing Schwartz got that sword or that kingdom would be a goner

Jinguuji & Shen just standing there while Schwartz is doing all the work
Old 2022-03-23, 19:16   Link #117
Wandering Soul

When he's not being played for comedy, Schwartz is pretty OP. He singlehandly threw a wretch into the villain's plans and could probably end all of this if not for Tachibana.
Old 2022-03-24, 01:15   Link #118
magnuskn

When you get comical villains, a comical sidekick with an OP weapon is good enough to stop them. ^^
Old 2022-03-29, 12:12   Link #119
Frontier

Well, at least Jinguuji is self-aware enough to realize he's never praised anyone, even if it's at like the worst timing considering the situation .

Look at Schwa-kun holding his own against Mehpon's onslaught! And then he straight up socks Jinguuji and tells it to him straight that it's okay for men to feel jealous of each other and that he and Tachibana shouldn't feel bad or run away from their real feelings! Schwartz has really grown into a hilarious yet compelling hero in his own right .

And then Jinguuji is finally honest with himself and Tachibana...while Tachibana has always envied and been self-conscious around Jinguuji, Jinguuji always envied the openness and freedom he saw in Tachibana. For Jinguuji it was drilled into him at a young age to never be vulnerable or open himself up to others, but Tachibana always wore his heart on his sleeve, and Jinguuji wished he could've been more like him .

Just when it seems like Jinguuji's feelings have finally reached Tachibana, Kalm tries to manipulate her again, but Tachibana's genuine feelings and respect for Jinguuji break through the spell. As much as Tachibana wishes he were more like Jinguuji and hated being compared to him, Tachibana has always seen Jinguuji as a hero who helps others, and that's stronger than any spell or tiff between the pair .

Of course then the magical interference ends up setting Mehpon into "kill 'em all" mode...which I guess is on-brand for this Goddess. She never does anything in half-measures .

Jinguuji's not going to withhold praise from Tachibana any more! Which means basically praising everything about Tachibana and telling Tachibana that Jinguuji finds everything about her, foibles and all, perfect. And then he princess carries her out of the self-destructing Mehpon. Now if that's not romantic I don't know what is .

Oh hey, Tachibana's sister! She was a redhead, huh .

I love how both Tachibana and the king are basically apologizing for Yggie's rebellion while she's trying to downplay how much this is her fault. I mean, ultimately it was Kalm who orchestrated everything, but this princess sure is quick to make sure she doesn't have to face any consequences for her actions .

Poor Mouria about to kill herself when Tachibana points out that it's partially her fault because she didn't accomplish anything. I feel bad for her .

So apparently that giant waypoint mark in the background was the Demon Lord's tower the whole time? It would've helped if the Goddess had told them about that, but that was probably expecting too much. And judging by Vizzd's comments it seems like, the Demon Lord is the type to pet and comfort her .

If one thing has changed about Tachibana and Jinguuji's relationship, it's that now Tachibana is the one getting charmed by a more emotionally honest Jinguuji and being unable to help herself when she sees his stellar bod shirtless .

Well, it's sad to see Schwartz go again, but it's neat that he's planning to visit Lucius' homeland, and I'm sure their paths will cross again as fellow Heroes. Also I love Lucius defending Schwartz when Jinguuji starts planning payback for that punch .

So as Tachibana and Jinguuji go back to their journey we flash to all the characters they've met along the way...Shen who they put into the ground again, the Premier's assistants who are growing plants in her honor, the Premier herself who is just standing around at a pier looking cool and eating tentacles, Vizzd and Kalm climbing the tower, the Goddess of the Night giving the Goddess of Love a massage, a desponded Mouria leaving the kingdom because she feels too bad to stay but being stopped by Ygraine who (hopefully) is asking her to stay, and leaving off with our pair in denial of their feelings as ever. Just get married already you two, the imagine spots of their wedding and family together is just too adorable for this pair .
Old 2022-03-29, 15:30   Link #120
magnuskn

Alright, the series started out very strong, but kind of tapered off by getting a bit too serious at the tail end. I'd say an 8/10 for me. I could do with a second season.

Tags
isekai, no homo