AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2022-04-03, 08:16   Link #461
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ugh, Youtubers. I'm not watching any of that.

Thanks for taking the time to answer though.
Old 2022-04-03, 13:00   Link #462
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Ugh, Youtubers. I'm not watching any of that.
I mean, they're the ones who are chosen to get the early access of the first 4 episodes of MK from Marvel Studios itself. We won't get early insight if not from them. Also, many of them are just people offering their opinions. And the fact that some of them dare to say something negative about the show is actually pretty refreshing. Unlike some shills who will always praise Marvel no matter what.

Quote:
Thanks for taking the time to answer though.
Anytime.
Old 2022-04-04, 17:10   Link #463
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I mean, they're the ones who are chosen to get the early access of the first 4 episodes of MK from Marvel Studios itself. We won't get early insight if not from them. Also, many of them are just people offering their opinions. And the fact that some of them dare to say something negative about the show is actually pretty refreshing. Unlike some shills who will always praise Marvel no matter what.
I can give them that. I know I shouldn't put everyone in the same bag, but I just hate Youtubers as a rule.

A completely unrelated question that I've been asking myself for a while: Disney/Marvel vaunts the merits of the Imax aspect ratio for their movies and even turned it into a selling point, so why are all their series filmed in widescreen? It just doesn't make sense to me. It sounds absurd but are they trying to give them a more cinematic feel?
Old 2022-04-08, 18:34   Link #464
GDB

Okay episode 2... definitely didn't have the same... it factor that episode 1 did. That being said

Spoiler:
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-08, 18:57   Link #465
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I said the first episode reminded me more of the Netflix Marvel shows... but the second one was classic Marvel from start to finish, for better or worse. It's worse. Way too many jokes.
Old 2022-04-08, 19:08   Link #466
GDB

To me, it felt like "The Mask - by Marvel Studios".
Old 2022-04-10, 07:12   Link #467
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I had a pretty good laugh coming across an interview where the journalist told Oscar Isaac that Moon Knight is probably the darkest Marvel series yet. I mean, maybe he's right and the show will get back on track, but the second episode was almost full blown comedy.
Old 2022-04-13, 16:59   Link #468
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was much better, but it raised different issues...

Spoiler for Episode 3:
Old 2022-04-17, 08:04   Link #469
jdennis007

There is a third personality there, but we will find out more about him later on.
Old 2022-04-17, 08:13   Link #470
GDB

I do like how they just... let him go. Didn't do any follow-up or anything that'd be super easy to do.

Also, I figured out why episodes 2 and 3 aren't clicking for me. Episode 1 was fresh and new, so it got a pass for this, but these two episodes have had like... almost no Moon Knight in them. 3 hours/halfway into the series, and we've had maybe 20 minutes of Moon knight? If even that?

Also doesn't help that Marc is not an interesting character who cannot even interact with other characters in the slightest.
Old 2022-04-27, 12:19   Link #471
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I have no clue how Moon Knight's story is going to wrap up with only one episode left. So much needs to happen. I'd say they most likely have a second season planned especially since they've hinted several times that Marc has a third personality and there's really no time to introduce him. It will most likely be the after credit scene.

Episode was great by the way. Oscar Isaac is quite an actor.
Old 2022-04-27, 15:52   Link #472
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I have no clue how Moon Knight's story is going to wrap up with only one episode left. So much needs to happen.
You can apply that to almost all Disney+ Marvel shows so far .

Also yes, the episode is quite a trip .
Old 2022-04-29, 17:04   Link #473
GDB

I'd like to point out that's basically two episodes of Moon Knight in a row without Moon Knight. Sure, we saw him suit up for like 3 seconds, but that's it. Combine that with the like 13 seconds in episode 1, and a couple of minutes at best in episodes 2 and 3... this has been a very title-hero-lite series.
Old 2022-05-04, 16:49   Link #474
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Well, I'd say Moon Knight stuck the landing. I liked this finale a lot.

Spoiler for Moon Knight 6:

Multiverse of Madness also came out today in several countries. Haven't gone to see it myself, and probably will just wait until it hits Disney Plus (so in 17 months there). I did spoil myself, and...

Spoiler for Massive spoilers for Dr. Strange 2:
Old 2022-05-04, 19:07   Link #475
GDB

Osiris, not Anubis.
Old 2022-05-05, 17:09   Link #476
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Osiris, not Anubis.
Right, I'm not sure why I confused the two.

Overall I'm pretty satisfied with Moon Knight. I didn't know anything about the character other than him supposedly being Marvel's Batman before his series got announced. They've apparently made quite a few changes to the character when they brought him into the MCU, since he never felt like a Batman expy at all. In fact, he's got nothing in common with Batman here.
Old 2022-05-05, 18:28   Link #477
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

It's hard to believe that my desire to watch a serious story of Egyptian gods with animal heads is fulfilled by a Hollywood superhero first before any anime could do it.

I mean yes, there was that chibi short anime show about Egyptian gods but I want to see the full fledged ones and Moon Knight actually gave it to me with Taweret & Ammit (Khonsu doesn't really count coz his head is just bones and also not a falcon like he's supposed too). It's also interesting that in the actual IRL lore, Taweret & Ammit are supposed to share physical traits. Taweret is not supposed to be all-hippo, she should possess the back & tail of a crocodile. And Ammit is not supposed to be all-croc, she should possess the lower body of a hippo. But I can't complaint much when I can see the kaiju-battle between Ammit & Khonsu.

Btw, a lot of the early reviews from YouTubers were right. Episode 2-4 really were the "valley" of the show with the part where Harrow was being judged by other gods being another most idiotic writing Marvel ever conceived post-Endgame next to the twist in Eternals & NWH's giant plot hole of an ending. But after that, episode 5-6 are really quite enjoyable & a bit smarter.

Quote:
I didn't know anything about the character other than him supposedly being Marvel's Batman before his series got announced. In fact, he's got nothing in common with Batman here.
MK was Marvel's Batman-expy during his first iteration of being a rich man patroling city at night in a funny costume. But that's before later versions of the character where authors added the DID aspect with actual split personality & the Egyptian gods being real.
Old 2022-05-09, 18:42   Link #478
AnimeFan188

Quote:

Multiverse of Madness also came out today in several countries. Haven't gone to see it myself, and probably will just wait until it hits Disney Plus (so in 17 months there). I did spoil myself, and...

Spoiler for Massive spoilers for Dr. Strange 2:

Another not-so-rosy review of Multiverse Of Madness (MASSIVE SPOILERS):

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-09, 22:15   Link #479
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Multiverse of Madness probably the best example for adressing Marvel movies writing qualities post-Endgame.

Spoiler for :
Old 2022-05-10, 06:03   Link #480
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

My basic take on Dr. Strange 2:

Spoiler for movie plots:

Tags
marvel cinematic universe