AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-05-30, 00:26   Link #401
magnuskn

The story certainly is intriguing enough for a second season and more. This show and Skeleton Knight in Another World are the two new shows I hope get renewed for a S2.
Old 2022-05-30, 08:08   Link #402
maximilianjenus
[E]

it's sad because ln 3 is peak mobuseka. the one. right before 3tgia anime ends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I think it would be pretty infuriating having Marie as the protagonist. Someone like her is only entertaining as the villain and only when things aren't going her way. Leon was pretty frustrating here. But I think it could be a lot worse.
oh boy if you knew.

the author of the on made a poll asking about which character should get a spin off/route, she also wrote a lot of route baiting for the black haired girl in the op. still Marie won and she got a pretty amazing spin off.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-30, 15:53   Link #403
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
This show and Skeleton Knight in Another World are the two new shows I hope get renewed for a S2.
So far all the Shows under Over-lap have gotten a Season 2 (Arifureta, Realist Hero, Faraway Paladin), so Skeleton Knight would probably also get one.

As for "this" Series, technically they would have to do a Season 2 to complete it.
Because the "Game" plot arc is around 3 Volumes long, but the current Anime is going to only cover until the 2nd Volume (as per the animation in the Opening).
So, for conclusion and climax, they would have to make another Season to cover 3rd Volume plot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I think it would be pretty infuriating having Marie as the protagonist. Someone like her is only entertaining as the villain and only when things aren't going her way.
For that, just read the Series "Villager 'A' Wants to Save the Villainess no Matter What!".

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")

Last edited by Huh...?; 2022-05-30 at 16:06.
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-30, 16:46   Link #404
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
The story certainly is intriguing enough for a second season and more. This show and Skeleton Knight in Another World are the two new shows I hope get renewed for a S2.
I would definitely rate Gaikotsu much higher than this (haven't read Mob source, so no idea whether it's just adaptation or the source level too), but I wouldn't complain about getting a S2 for this too. Though Yuusha, Yamemasu would be nice too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
That's kind of bullshit, the source doesn't make Leon look like less of a dipshit and more importantly he really has no plan or intention of getting the game back on track. Leon did just as much (if not more) damage as Marie by embarrassing the 5 and getting them disinherited during the duel. He has absolutely no concept of consequences; he's completely in the wrong here and Luxion tries to tell him as much.I'm still really confused as to why they're doing it this way.
Marie wasn't actually doing any real damage. She was faithfully tracing the game scenario even including the character lines. Yes, she replaced Olivia, but that's really only a minor detail without any consequences (except to Olivia, of course). It is only when Leon started getting involved that things went south.

In the first place, there were hundreds of ways he could have helped Angie and he intentionally chose the one with the worst consequences for everyone just because he was pissed on the 5 princes for being handsome and getting all the attention.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-30, 16:59   Link #405
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
Marie wasn't actually doing any real damage. She was faithfully tracing the game scenario even including the character lines. Yes, she replaced Olivia, but that's really only a minor detail without any consequences (except to Olivia, of course). It is only when Leon started getting involved that things went south.
I dunno, it's shown Olivia has legit special abilities that Marie can't replicate. That's sure to matter for the "endgame" of the scenario.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-30, 17:03   Link #406
Twi

Marie was speedrunning the romance events, but Leon getting involved did get the consequences rolling. If Leon doesn't defend Angie, she gets banished ahead of schedule which sucks for her, but there's no harm upfront. Likely be consequences later on, but that's not relevant here.

Leon stomping the five into the dirt, the resulting duel getting them to threw away their titles, his own ascension into being Knighted, etc causes more things to move outside of the Academy and then bleed back in. Outside of the Academy, there's some Games of Thrones political stuff happening, but the series doesn't focus on that.

That being said, it occurs to me that the Offrey Family downfall was because the daughter was stupid enough to sic pirates on someone just because she was feeling... what? Vengeful?

I mean, she had Carla ready to get Olivia to be a patsy before she visited the Cafe and before Leon cost them more money. I guess she bet against Leon and I could understand petty revenge, but she was plotting slavery and murder and it got her and her family likely executed. I get that it was because she was haughty, but you'd think her parents would be a little more careful about authorizing a hit.
Old 2022-05-30, 18:08   Link #407
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
In the first place, there were hundreds of ways he could have helped Angie and he intentionally chose the one with the worst consequences for everyone just because he was pissed on the 5 princes for being handsome and getting all the attention.
For being such a dense harem protagonist where the girls are concerned he really has no issue ruining the boys' day... or lives.

I was wondering if there might be plans for a movie since a whole season is kind of long for one volume but ENGI is a pretty new studio and their only S2 even announced so far is Uzaki-chan. I'm not really expecting much, especially after Angie's fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
For that, just read the Series "Villager 'A' Wants to Save the Villainess no Matter What!".
Isn't that basically a MobuSeka clone? I read the manga at some point and it just seemed a super generic RPG isekai with a villainess.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-30, 22:31   Link #408
mickbis

Quote:
that basically a MobuSeka clone? I read the manga at some point and it just seemed a super generic RPG isekai with a villainess.
Mobsekai become unique can mainly contribute to how author write his characters and their dynamic Especially Leon Luxion Angie Olivia. even Marie + 5 colors idiots is a good one compare to generic setting.

Minus their unique personality and flaw from the template setting and we got super generic RPG Isekai

"I wanna save Villainess" 'Villainess going to save herself" is a genre with several good title

but it fall into a GENERIC one if author have no idea how to write actual interesting character and apply isekai/tensei "boy save girl" template over another template

Last edited by mickbis; 2022-05-30 at 22:42.
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-30, 23:55   Link #409
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:

Without any consequences? Oh there will be a lot of them later on. I don't think you realize the threats that are lurking out there. Marie trying to claim the Saint role even though she's not suited for it. Here's a hint, both Marie and Olivia can use healing magic but Maries abilities pales in comparison to what Olivia can do.

And I don't think you understand why Leon hate the five idiots. It's not because he's jealous that they are getting attention.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-31, 02:01   Link #410
mickbis

Also it should be remember that,
"The combat part is so hard Marie have to push Leon to play the game for her"
"It so hard Leon need to buy cashshop item to clear the game"
that the entire point of Leon annoying behaviors and why he is hellbent on following game route.
He does 100% the game after all
Old 2022-05-31, 05:53   Link #411
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post

And I don't think you understand why Leon hate the five idiots. It's not because he's jealous that they are getting attention.
It is though. There is no deeper meaning then him being annoyed by stupid ikemen being stupid ikemen.
Old 2022-05-31, 06:34   Link #412
mickbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
It is though. There is no deeper meaning then him being annoyed by stupid ikemen being stupid ikemen.
There is, the 5 idiots have a big flaws and practically useless in combat part ( Red Blue Purple ) and otome part ( mainly Green) one way or another which make Leon life harder that why he want to punch them when he got opportunities.

Combine with the fact that the 5 is oblivious to surrounding academy situation
Old 2022-05-31, 09:08   Link #413
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbis View Post
Also it should be remember that,
"The combat part is so hard Marie have to push Leon to play the game for her"
"It so hard Leon need to buy cashshop item to clear the game"
that the entire point of Leon annoying behaviors and why he is hellbent on following game route.
He does 100% the game after all
IIRC Marie had him play it for her because she wanted 100% and the reverse harem route which isn't really necessary. In theory Livia could just get onto the Brad or Greg route and call it a day. Of course Leon reverting to calling Livia 'Olivia' while telling her she "makes a cute couple" with a guy who's already taken is the dumbest fucking way to go about trying to put things back on track but Leon's track record isn't great considering how he isekai'ed himself.

I'm not sure what you meant about the other story but there's a handful of 'male isekai'ed into an otome game' stories out there that tend to be ridiculously similar to MobuSeka. This series is mid in all honesty, maybe a 6.7 for me if I'm feeling generous, but I stick with it because I really like villainess isekai and enjoy an otome game here and there so I can appreciate a parody... though its really more shitpost than parody because MobuSeka is unapologetically shounen, with harem and mecha and so on. Most of the audience for MobuSeka seems to have very little knowledge of otome games or villainess isekai beyond HameFura, at best.
Old 2022-05-31, 11:41   Link #414
Twi

The later parts of the game have a broken level of difficulty to where Leon was getting Game Overs even when he uses a Walkthrough. If it was just the dating aspects he wouldn't have a problem since he plays Dating Sims as well (though he preferred the ones with big-breasted girls).
Old 2022-05-31, 12:44   Link #415
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
The later parts of the game have a broken level of difficulty to where Leon was getting Game Overs even when he uses a Walkthrough. If it was just the dating aspects he wouldn't have a problem since he plays Dating Sims as well (though he preferred the ones with big-breasted girls).
What's typical for otome isekai and RPG - and how Leon described it - is that the battle party is decided by who the heroine has the highest affinity with. Its not like Persona or something where social links/accomplices are more or less cosmetic, its usually something more similar to the routes in Nier Automata for lack of a better example.

And like... I guess things aren't so great for Sakura if you were to drop Fate/stay night after only finishing Saber's route but it would make sense in Leon's circumstances to go with the easiest route or the path of least resistance. But the entire otome game setting is a shitpost that only exists to set up Leon's story so its pointless to really discuss.
Old 2022-05-31, 13:38   Link #416
mickbis

Quote:
IIRC Marie had him play it for her because she wanted 100% and the reverse harem route which isn't really necessary. In theory Livia could just get onto the Brad or Greg route and call it a day. Of course Leon reverting to calling Livia 'Olivia' while telling her she "makes a cute couple" with a guy who's already taken is the dumbest fucking way to go about trying to put things back on track but Leon's track record isn't great considering how he isekai'ed himself.
She did mention about the combat part difficulty in the duel episode so she push it to Leon because she absolutely find combat part a chore so that she could get easy 100%.
Old 2022-05-31, 16:48   Link #417
Magewolf

Quote:
What's typical for otome isekai and RPG - and how Leon described it - is that the battle party is decided by who the heroine has the highest affinity with. Its not like Persona or something where social links/accomplices are more or less cosmetic, its usually something more similar to the routes in Nier Automata for lack of a better example.

And like... I guess things aren't so great for Sakura if you were to drop Fate/stay night after only finishing Saber's route but it would make sense in Leon's circumstances to go with the easiest route or the path of least resistance. But the entire otome game setting is a shitpost that only exists to set up Leon's story so its pointless to really discuss.
From what I can tell the game switches over to a brutal strategy RPG/wargame near the end regardless of the route with an insane difficulty spike. That even with a walk-through requires days of grinding to beat. That is the overarching problem. The five idiots were coasting along on easy mode to a fight where they would be worse than useless which is part of the reason he hates them so much.

Also at the start of school he was less worried about the game plot line especially after he saw Marie(who at the time he thought was just another game character) playing fast and lose with it. However now he has seen more and more "game events" playing out even with Marie and him crashing through the "plot" like a cannonball. So he "knows" that Olivia is off limits if he wants everyone to keep breathing and while it might be safe to go after Angie from a "game" perspective from an in-world one it is not.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-31, 18:53   Link #418
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
Also at the start of school he was less worried about the game plot line especially after he saw Marie(who at the time he thought was just another game character) playing fast and lose with it. However now he has seen more and more "game events" playing out even with Marie and him crashing through the "plot" like a cannonball. So he "knows" that Olivia is off limits if he wants everyone to keep breathing and while it might be safe to go after Angie from a "game" perspective from an in-world one it is not.
Like I said earlier, for being such a dense harem protagonist where the girls are concerned he really has no issue ruining the boys' day... or lives. He's still pretty content playing the hero or heel when he feels like it, he has no regret for actions he's already taken nor is he going out of his way to fix anything -- he just holds the girls to a different standard, mostly because of the mob complex.

The problem with dwelling on in universe stuff is that this is Leon's story and its obvious by now that going forward the Power Rangers are going to be about as worthless as the Three Stooges from Shield Hero, and there's going to be zero NTR because Livia and Angie are his harem too. There's really not a feasible otome game at the skeleton of MobuSeka, just some tropes peppered in. The author left things open for unlimited asspulls, really.
Old 2022-06-01, 03:35   Link #419
Huh...?

Quote:
and there's going to be zero NTR because Livia and Angie are his harem too.
Just to note, the one doing NTR in this Series are the Girls.
As per game plot, its Olivia who unwilling seduces either 1 or all 5 capture targets (in Reverse-Harem Route), since all 5 of them had Fiancée's (though they were all political marriage, and only 2 of the 5 girls had feeling of love towards their Fiancé).
In the actual story, its Marie who is doing the NTR.
Even Leon's sister tried to NTR a boy.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-01, 04:23   Link #420
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbis View Post
There is, the 5 idiots have a big flaws and practically useless in combat part ( Red Blue Purple ) and otome part ( mainly Green) one way or another which make Leon life harder that why he want to punch them when he got opportunities.

Combine with the fact that the 5 is oblivious to surrounding academy situation
That's exactly what being "stupid ikemen" means. They are useless and have good life without any dificulties. Of course he's annoyed and jealous.

Tags
harem