AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-02-03, 05:30   Link #281
magnuskn

A certain amount of pragmatism has to be ingrained into you if you are an adventurer, otherwise you'll end up as a dead adventurer soon enough.
Old 2023-02-03, 13:54   Link #282
Lex79

Well, I can understand Bell being more reluctant to loot actual corpses than I'd be when playing a game with a similar setting. I'm glad that in the end pragmatism won and he did what he needed to do in order to improve his chances to survive.
Old 2023-02-03, 18:01   Link #283
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

I loved the scene in Welf's head, but we really should have seen his father and his grandfather there too, but that's what happens when they skip adapting volumes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Hestia trying to get out of her payment's for Bell's knife because she used up too much money on the backup team...no dice. If she really loves Bell, she'll find the money .
I laughed at Hephaistos's comeback... She's well versed at making cheapskates cough up the cash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
The moment seemed a bit overdramatized for me, however the strictures against looting the dead may be pretty prevalent in Orario, as it seems.
Looting corpses has been a taboo in real life for centuries.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-03, 18:22   Link #284
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I loved the scene in Welf's head, but we really should have seen his father and his grandfather there too, but that's what happens when they skip adapting volumes.

I laughed at Hephaistos's comeback... She's well versed at making cheapskates cough up the cash.

Looting graves has been a taboo in real life for centuries(not taboo enough to keep people from doing it,mind you). Looting corpses has been pretty standard through the ages.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-04, 01:55   Link #285
EroKing

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-13 at 03:04.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-04, 04:08   Link #286
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I'm pretty sure that DanMachi is not modeled on the real world, though. Observe the lack of dungeons with monsters in them in our world.
Old 2023-02-04, 10:39   Link #287
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Give me an Astrea Familia Beach Episode OVA .
Old 2023-02-04, 18:29   Link #288
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
A certain amount of pragmatism has to be ingrained into you if you are an adventurer, otherwise you'll end up as a dead adventurer soon enough.
Yeah, but corpse desecration probably doesn't come up often. You either don't need it, or you don't have a handy, useful corpse to loot. Unless you're the MC, I guess.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-05, 02:04   Link #289
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yeah, but corpse desecration probably doesn't come up often. You either don't need it, or you don't have a handy, useful corpse to loot. Unless you're the MC, I guess.
It comes up all the time, at least if you're playing official adventure paths from Pathfinder (and it's a standard in D&D as well). Okay, so most of those corpses are fresh ones you made yourself....
Old 2023-02-05, 12:57   Link #290
HandofFate

glad Bell didn't putt up a tantrum too much about the corpse salvaging.
yea I get its something that's discouraged or taboo on random exhibitions, but in a dire situation like hat? Bell is a 'naive'/good person, but he's smarter than that.

Welf's forging scene was pretty hype. Welf seems to have a nice little harem of his own back at his old familia.

Curious to see which familia the dead adventurers are from.
Old 2023-02-09, 09:35   Link #291
Frontier

We return to another Astrea Familia flashback to Ryu with her archrival Kagura, Ryu being very serious and determined in her high ideals while Kagura is a realist trying to make Ryu see the futility of following her ideals to their bitter end. Things were definitely tense between these two .

Bell and Ryu are still fending off hordes of monsters, but they're able to get by thanks to the resources they skimmed from Jura, and admittedly Bell Firebolting a practical grenade of fire is pretty cool .

Bell is feeling the pressure and kicking himself for his mistakes and how much he feels out of his depth, but Ryu is able to get through to him that he's doing an amazing job for someone stuck in the Deep Floors for the first time, and she can be the one to teach him what the right thing to do is. Also a bit of lewd handholding thrown in with an instrumental version of the Opening. It was a surprisingly intimate scene .

Just in case you were worried the support team would just stand around looking pretty, we actually see them in action. Now they just need to catch up! I love Anya just yelling for Ryu like they're playing a game of hide and seek instead of a life or death situation .

Welf is really carving a path for them with his sword, but there's still only so much he can keep doing, especially when things aren't letting up for the party. Particularly when they come across some deadly and fast vipers out to eat them like they ate the corpses of Bors' group. Jeez .

Well, points for trying to warn them Marie !

I didn't expect to see Bell drinking from ooze monster, but desperate times...but the real highlight is Ryu getting all bashful and embarrassed about sharing an indirect kiss with Bell .

Cassandra once again dwells on despair for a second and almost gets killed. Girl, get over it already .

Just when you're hoping the support team finally shows up to help...instead it's the Xenos! Nice !

Oh no. Ryu is taking this mentor thing so seriously she's assuming she's even more likely to bite it once she's taught Bell everything he needs to know. She also recognizes she's thinking more like Kagura now compared to her old self whom she sees in Bell. But even if Ryu has to make her own choice to sacrifice herself for Bell's sake...Bell will make his own choice .
Old 2023-02-09, 12:36   Link #292
AP24

The scene with Ooze monster was actually from a bundled SS. It would be nice if scenes from other bundled SS will be added in the anime too.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-09, 18:56   Link #293
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I totally thought the catgirl team was going to save the party so I was really surprised to see the Xenos show up. Things are really looking up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
The scene with Ooze monster was actually from a bundled SS. It would be nice if scenes from other bundled SS will be added in the anime too.
If they're like this one I'd rather they don't. It was super cringe to see Ryu refuse to drink because she was embarrassed over an indirect kissu. They're in a life or death situation, and she's supposed to be a level-headed veteran. It was completely out of character.
Old 2023-02-09, 20:47   Link #294
grecefar

yeah, ryu looked bad refusing to drink the ooze, it would be cute in other situation but this is do or die.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-09, 20:47   Link #295
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I totally thought the catgirl team was going to save the party so I was really surprised to see the Xenos show up. Things are really looking up!
We keep saying that and then something terrible happens again .
Quote:
If they're like this one I'd rather they don't. It was super cringe to see Ryu refuse to drink because she was embarrassed over an indirect kissu. They're in a life or death situation, and she's supposed to be a level-headed veteran. It was completely out of character.
I didn't think it was completely out of character in as far as Ryu can be awkward and anxious when it comes to stuff like possible romantic affection for one reason or another (her own feelings and for Syr) although I guess you could argue it was out of place in terms of the tone of this arc...but sometimes a little gap moe can be a nice breath of fresh air .
Old 2023-02-09, 21:47   Link #296
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Bell and Ryuu are really making a good head way for being so beat up and low on equipment
Old 2023-02-10, 01:41   Link #297
magnuskn

Yeah, Bell is probably increasing his stats as he goes, due to his special skill to advance more quickly. He is kind of a Saiyan.
Old 2023-02-10, 01:46   Link #298
Lex79

You know you are watching a Japanese series when the heroine can murder people amd survive among monsters but an indirect kiss is too much.
Old 2023-02-10, 03:54   Link #299
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

In Ryu's defense at least, elves in DanMachi are just that sensitive when it comes to romance and skinship. Like how Ryu hesitated and only just touched Bell's finger at first. That's how bad they are. There are only 3 people who let Ryu touch her that she's ok with(4 if you include another one from Astrea Records). And her fully grasping Bell's hand shows that she respects him to overcome the elves' stigma. In Sword Oratoria as well, we have several elves there that show this.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-10, 07:04   Link #300
Xiyon

Though unlikely, I wish our boi the Minotaur from Hell would come back just to curbstomp all the monsters. Still, glad to see the Xenos return.
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote