AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-02-12, 14:11   Link #101
HandofFate

Poor Misuzu, I think she feels that once Tomo and Jun actually do become an official couple, she just be a 3rd wheel, and Tomo won't have time for her anymore.
Old 2023-02-15, 13:39   Link #102
Frontier

Tomo and Jun's relationship as childhood friends is central to their romance (and the central conflict of it), so it makes sense we'd get to finally see it from the beginning as a withdrawn gamer kid met a very boyish and exuberant girl !

Tomo has some...interesting ideas about Tokyo. I can only imagine how disappointed she'll be at the lack of flying cars and giant robots !

Ah, I see Tomo not only breaks girls toys, but games too. And Jun throws the first punch of their relationship! But Tomo is a very dutiful and responsible person, willing to take as many punches as possible to make up for her mistake, which she gets from her dad. Although she also gets being utterly terrified of her mom from her dad too .

Even in her younger years before her womanly assets started asserting themselves, Tomo was quite cute! Which probably lead to a lot of sexuality questions from Jun over the years .

I see Misuzu was still pretty much the same back then. Still stoic, snarky, and acting superior towards Jun all the time, and getting jealous of him being close to Tomo. I love her smugly rubbing it in his face that Tomo was carrying her .

Tomo brought Jun out of his shell and made him physically active, and going out of her way to rescue his game from some bullies is what inspired him to become strong like her to where he started training. But even if he's physically stronger, he still doesn't feel like he has the same kind of strength Tomo showed him, hence she still has the game console. Of course there's a whole lot going on in their relationship beyond that .

The beach episode! And Carol is so hyped she's been showing off that ring ever since they bought it with their swimsuits, it seems like. And of course they foist everything on the guy .

The perks of a bikini is unleashing a girls most dangerous weapon...her boobs. And Tomo's Tomos and Carol's Carols are practically laid bare for all to see in their big, bouncing, glory. And Jun doesn't know what to do with himself around such a glorious sight .

All the girls look great in their swimsuits and the natural fun of the beach environment makes Tomo act natural and closer to Jun even in a swimsuit, which is great !

Don't put your arms around Tomo's man, Carol! Or you'll get some water projectiles thrown at you !

We even got to see the Class B girls in swimsuits! And comisserating with Misuzu over not having the bountiful bosoms of Tomo and Carol .

Ah yes, the classic guy at the beach who hits on the cute girls...Tomo is actually flattered to be hit on, but not when he tries putting the moves on her. Though Jun protecting her was nice, even if he didn't have to double down on how they're not a couple. And then he goes and saves Carol from more guys and is less overt in saying they're not in a relationship. Come on Jun, give Tomo a break .

Sitting next to each other eating ice cream? Tomo licking the ice cream off her shoulder? This is too much for poor Junichiro! He can't help himself but become entranced by Tomo on the beach. Could his feelings be changing? Though Mizusu will still enjoy every time she can smugly hog Tomo for herself .
Old 2023-02-15, 14:14   Link #103
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-12 at 15:25.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-15, 16:22   Link #104
Blaat

Not going to lie it's been a while since I've properly enjoyed a beach episode in anime. The woo-hoo posted by Ero-king above me was the highlight.
Old 2023-02-15, 17:06   Link #105
grecefar

jun is really lucky because not other kid would've bother with him if he gives that attitude the first time they met, really luck that tomo is like that.

beach episode, not enough misuzu fanservice or good swimsuit shots to screencap
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-15, 19:05   Link #106
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was waiting for the moment Jun would discover Tomo was a girl, but it never came so I guess he actually knew from the start. Jun and Misuzu's relationship doesn't seem to have changed at all over the years, she was picking fights with him and attempting to troll him from day 1. We also saw what appeared to be the origin of Jun's love for big boobs which became relevant in the second half: Tomo's mom.

And as luck would have it, Tomo inherited her mother's assets, making it completely impossible for Jun to push back his feelings and try to see Tomo as his best friend. As Misuzu herself said, he can't not see her as a girl now. Such is the power of boobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Not going to lie it's been a while since I've properly enjoyed a beach episode in anime. The woo-hoo posted by Ero-king above me was the highlight.
I love when Misuzu is forced to go along with Tomo and Carol's antics. Mainly Carol's, lately.
Old 2023-02-15, 19:16   Link #107
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I was waiting for the moment Jun would discover Tomo was a girl, but it never came so I guess he actually knew from the start. Jun and Misuzu's relationship doesn't seem to have changed at all over the years, she was picking fights with him and attempting to troll him from day 1. We also saw what appeared to be the origin of Jun's love for big boobs which became relevant in the second half: Tomo's mom.
I think we're meant to assume he discovered she was a girl in middle school when he saw her wear a skirt. If I remember the timeline right that was around when he was trying to distance himself from Tomo and tried dating Misuzu, probably because he found she was a girl and didn't know how to handle that.
Old 2023-02-15, 19:36   Link #108
grecefar

I think now it was because in middle school tomo got boobs and it was too much for him.
Old 2023-02-15, 19:39   Link #109
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I think we're meant to assume he discovered she was a girl in middle school when he saw her wear a skirt. If I remember the timeline right that was around when he was trying to distance himself from Tomo and tried dating Misuzu, probably because he found she was a girl and didn't know how to handle that.
That makes sense. Until now I had just assumed he started avoiding her in middle school because puberty hit. I didn't pay attention to the pronoun Tomo used to refer to herself when she was younger, that would give us a clue.
Old 2023-02-17, 01:17   Link #110
HandofFate

maybe its the swimsuit, but Tomo was very feminine this episode.
surprised Jun didn't have any female beach go-ers try to hit on him, that body of his is huge
Old 2023-02-17, 10:35   Link #111
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
surprised Jun didn't have any female beach go-ers try to hit on him, that body of his is huge
He is already surrounded by the best looking girls on the beach the rest knew they had no chance.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-17, 10:39   Link #112
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
They wouldn't have survived Tomo .
Old 2023-02-18, 21:35   Link #113
Alchemist007
*Author

It was good to have some better background on Jun/Tomo. Even the second half had some progress on his perspective of Tomo.
Old 2023-02-22, 13:34   Link #114
Frontier

The girls having a sleepover at Tomo's and playing the King's Game? They chose Chaos, then. Although the highlights were definitely Carol's uncanny Misuzu impression and Misuzu playing sadistic wingwoman. Also, Tomo in that loungewear !

A festival date seems like a great opportunity for Tomo and Jun to progress their relationship, with Jun still reflecting on how he really feels about Tomo even though he's still a bit in denial that she confessed to him...though Tomo can be a little dense herself .

What will Misuzu do if Tomo and Jun actually start going out? She's basically been using helping their relationship as an excuse to spend more time with Tomo and go girly stuff together, so what happens when it actually succeeds? Even Carol realizes this, though points for wanting to spend the festival with Misuzu rather than just leave her alone so she could be with Misaki. That's the mark of a true friend...even if Misuzu is the perpetual third wheel .

First we've got Carol cuddling Tomo in bed and still clarifying her misconceptions while asleep and in the next morning she and Misuzu switch places. Carol magic !

Festivals mean yukata's and all the girls looked great in theirs! Bonus points for Tomo looking undeniably a beauty in her yukata. It got all the festival stall guys so shocked they forgot she cleans house on them. And Jun is so entranced by her womanly charms that he actually starts putting the moves on her .

This might've been a good spot for Tomo to confess again...but are she and Jun ready for that next step in their relationship? Maybe it's smarter to wait until they mature more and are more sure of their feelings and what they want from each other before she bites the bullet again .

Oh man, not these idiots again. And now they're trying to pick on Misuzu to get to Tomo? Honestly Misuzu probably could've intimidated them with her glare alone but...here's Carol with a stun gun! And her super klutzy performance !

Well, it's nice to see Misuzu more or less admit that Carol is her friend. Carol will hug her one of these days !

Tomo and Jun make swift work of the bullies in true Tomo and Jun fashion...but Misaki's only role in this plot is seeing Carol in her bra and thinking the worse and freaking out like a rage machine. Which is great for Carol because she loves seeing him get worked up over her !

Yeah...Misuzu may not be the most well-endowed or physically fit of the cast, but she can wreck an entire burgeoning gang with just a few words and a sadistic smile on her face. That's Misuzu to a T. Maybe she won't have a pleasant death, but I bet it'll be epic .
Old 2023-02-22, 19:12   Link #115
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Misuzu and Carol's friendship is truly the highlight of this series for me. They're complete opposites in both personality and body, yet they think alike in many ways and appreciate each other's company. Misuzu was of course in hard denial until now, but even she was forced to admit she sees Carol as friend.

I know a lot of people dislike Misuzu, but while she does have a nasty personality, she's very loyal and protective of her friends. I hope she'll find happiness too. Tomo and Carol are pretty much set already...
Old 2023-02-22, 22:05   Link #116
grecefar

Well misuzu is my favorite in this.

Ko-chan going murder mode was hilarious. Funny chapter overall.
Old 2023-02-22, 23:24   Link #117
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I know a lot of people dislike Misuzu, but while she does have a nasty personality, she's very loyal and protective of her friends.
Do they? Pretty sure I saw a reasonable amount of manga readers say she was their favorite before it aired. Its hard to compete with the treasure that is Carol though.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-23, 17:15   Link #118
GDB

I imagine Carol's voice contributes a lot to her likeability.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-23, 17:34   Link #119
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Apparently the manga character is extremely popular too, but no question Sally is doing a fantastic job.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-23, 20:18   Link #120
Chosen_Hero

I don't find Mizusu to be that interesting of a character (personally not a fan of her type), just another one in the long line of friends that for no good reason believe that they will be left behind by their best friend that clearly would never do that.

If anything when I read the manga long ago, I found that the rest of the characters interacting with her is what makes her character tolerable, at least for me.