AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-10-14, 22:33   Link #21
Decel

Indeed, friends like these are friends for life, and Mr. Green is the type of mentor every kid needs.

I also preferred the Damian segment. Short and sweet.
Old 2023-10-15, 00:51   Link #22
SamCurt

It's nice to see how the boarders are like on their day off.

BTW, when Mr. Green mentions "picnic" as an euphemism for defection to Westalis, was Endo referring to the Pan-European Picnic?
SamCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-15, 04:07   Link #23
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Who knew Bond could do so much when motivated to get the right food in his bowl! Bond and Loid tagged teamed to take out those researchers in epic style. I hope to see these two do more missions together.

The research field trip was something else. Definitely beats watching a movie, and the lessons and advice the teacher imparted upon those 3 were priceless. I had to remind myself that Damien is still so young when I saw that "report" haha
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-15, 04:08   Link #24
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think that Damian is Endou Tatsuya’s favorite character. His chapters dig a lot deeper into the pathos.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-15, 15:54   Link #25
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
This episode was ok. I mean Bond is fine and Damian is an important part of Anya's school life. So nothing wrong there. But this episode wasn't anything special either. It at least had some Loid so it wasn't completely devoid of the main cast.
I feel that this week and next week's episodes are going to be most problematic episodes of the season, as, given both the current location of the anime in terms of the manga and the anime opting not to skip over any chapters, we are at a part of the manga that is basically a "breather" between major arcs, with the manga using this time to focus on the minor characters (with bare minimum screen time for the main family). As such, while they do appear in manga, these episodes would come off more as "filler" to anyone who hasn't read the original source (with the Damien story feeling more like something that could be featured in an OAV instead of a regular episode).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I think that Damian is Endou Tatsuya’s favorite character. His chapters dig a lot deeper into the pathos.
The purpose of Damien's chapters usually explore the complexity of his character. Basically, while me may be the son of someone who is a major threat to world peace, Damien is still just a child, in particular one who is the younger sibling who feels overshadowed by his older brother.
Old 2023-10-15, 16:38   Link #26
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
I feel that this week and next week's episodes are going to be most problematic episodes of the season, as, given both the current location of the anime in terms of the manga and the anime opting not to skip over any chapters, we are at a part of the manga that is basically a "breather" between major arcs, with the manga using this time to focus on the minor characters (with bare minimum screen time for the main family). As such, while they do appear in manga, these episodes would come off more as "filler" to anyone who hasn't read the original source (with the Damien story feeling more like something that could be featured in an OAV instead of a regular episode).

The purpose of Damien's chapters usually explore the complexity of his character. Basically, while me may be the son of someone who is a major threat to world peace, Damien is still just a child, in particular one who is the younger sibling who feels overshadowed by his older brother.
Definitely one time that being loyal to the source material can be a bit difficult. Because honestly a breather is the last thing the anime viewers need. Season 1 basically wrapped up last December. It's been almost a year since we saw these characters.

They aren't the worst chapters or episodes. But they do feel a bit dull when we're finally back with this show and people would want the season to start with a bang.

We're going to head into good stuff. So will just ride out this easing into the second season for now .
Old 2023-10-15, 16:57   Link #27
Frontier

I actually think Slice of Life stuff fits the series pretty well at this point .
Old 2023-10-15, 17:43   Link #28
Wandering Soul

Got to love how Bond only changed his mind about accepting death once he realized Yor would the cause of his death.
Old 2023-10-15, 17:49   Link #29
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Also that he decided somehow that Loid’s job was hunting pigs with a spear.
Old 2023-10-15, 19:33   Link #30
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Probably heard Anya say Loid "brings home the bacon" and extrapolated from there.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-15, 19:55   Link #31
Frontier

Well, he does hunt things...I guess .
Old 2023-10-16, 01:40   Link #32
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Spy X Family Season 2.

The Forger's are back with more spy mayhem and ESP antics, but whatever is said and done in this show it is a truth that Anya remains as kawaii as always.

CODE I: Follow Mama and Papa
Yors' buttocks learned a very hard lesson. Assassins must make sure to clean house before easing their guard, particularly their rear-guard.

Loid learned a cringey lesson that is valid to talk face to face to your spouse on whatever issue is afflicting them rather than presuming your spouse is mad at you when she's actually suffering a contingency but cannot reveal it.

Anya teaches bad guys not to mess with mama and papa on their date, or their bad stuff is going to be turned against them by a spy-loving, cute, ESP girl that watches spy anime cartoons.

Lesson of the day to remember is that high-tier assassins eventually develop bodily immunity against most poisons. However, in Yor's case her body turns the poison into a painkiller to ease the discomfort to her buttocks although the effect eventually wears off by next morning.

CODE II: Bond's Strategy to Stay Alive
Do not assume your pet is happy with the food that you give it.

Bond averted to learn the lesson the hard way. He definitely needs Papa cooking his meals, because Mama cannot be trusted under all and any circumstances to cook for him something remotely edible.

You may never know or not if your pet dog can foresee the future or more specifically it's date of death. Better serve it real quality food just to make sure it stays alive next day.

Bond understood that he had to help Loid with the latter's mission in order to finish things real soon, so that Papa could return home earlier and prepare him good food that would allow him to survive.

CODE III: Damian's Field Research Trip
Life lessons to learn:
  1. Real friends will literal stick by your side even if that means also they getting themselves in detention to help you out carrying dull and mundane tasks.
  2. Do not make a ridicule of yourself before others at bodies of water if your feet can safely reach the bottom running no danger from drowning.
  3. Nothing tastes better than eating the food one cooks for himself or herself, and it's most fulfilling doing things by yourself.
  4. Grammar and spelling mistakes will not be tolerated by the Principal or any other school faculty.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-16, 04:14   Link #33
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Bond is a lot more into vegetables than I'd have thought.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-16, 13:33   Link #34
SamCurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
CODE I: Follow Mama and Papa

Lesson of the day to remember is that high-tier assassins eventually develop bodily immunity against most poisons. However, in Yor's case her body turns the poison into a painkiller to ease the discomfort to her buttocks although the effect eventually wears off by next morning.
Except tetrodotoxin is indeed being tested for cancer pain. This is why the on-screen message did not reject the medical utility of blowfish poison. It's a nerve blocker specifically, so its effects on Yor is only exaggerated, but not fictional.
Old 2023-10-21, 11:00   Link #35
Frontier

Yuri returns! And just reminding us that while he is a hardcore and crazy siscon, he's also a very effective and capable agent of the Ostanian Secret Police! Especially with his inhuman stamina and work ethic, fitting for a Briar .

Frank is your typical down-on-your-luck guy who has fallen on hard times because he disagrees with the government but still has to take care of his ailing father...so he turns to anti-government articles to get by, but of course that can't be allowed to go on. I mean, maybe the Ostanian government has genuine issues, but the dude bullied some kids just to forge an article. That's not okay .

Yuri can't sympathize with his anti-government views but he can relate to someone in a situation of having to do all he can to take care of his family...so while he does still arrest Frank, at least he'll do what he can to make sure his father is taken care of. And that's all Frank could ask for .

"I would never do anything to make my family sad" - I dunno Yuri, how would Yor react to you being a Secret Police agent? Or unknowingly hunting her husband? Definitely caught some vibes that maybe, just maybe, something will cause conflict in his loyalty to his job and the government .

Of course Yuri still needs his big sis recharge, but "stupid leash girl?" That's no way to talk to your niece Yuri! She was trying to comfort you! Though then she's repulsed by his huge siscon thoughts .

Bondman loves the ladies! And he's such a "gentlemanly" ladies man that he keeps making women fall for them and keeps picking them up to be part of his ever-growing Harem (even dragging each girl to watch him romance the next), running through all the Bond Girl cliche's before he ends up snagging even his landlady. It's all well and good until the women all turn on him for leading them on. Can't say he didn't have it coming .

I do love the idea of Anya getting romance ideas from Bondman like Becky does from soap operas .

Omakes! Loid tries to understand kids! A glimpse of Yor in a swimsuit! Anya freaked out about how many people pee in pools! Damian is up and at 'em way better than Anya !
Old 2023-10-21, 12:50   Link #36
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Today in SxF: "100 Girfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Want to Kill You".
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-21, 18:45   Link #37
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Of course Yuri still needs his big sis recharge, but "stupid leash girl?" That's no way to talk to your niece Yuri! She was trying to comfort you! Though then she's repulsed by his huge siscon thoughts .
That was a weird translation. He just calls her chihuahua girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Today in SxF: "100 Girfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Want to Kill You".
Bondman is a great spy, but he ain't no Rentarou.
Old 2023-10-21, 18:57   Link #38
grecefar

I remeber looking foward to each chapter of this, these two chapters were underwhelming. The best thing was the little omakes at the end with the forgers.

at least the next one we got some anya finally.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-21, 21:10   Link #39
SamCurt

I think Crunchyroll's subtitles didn't do one place in this episode very well. When Perkin is in the post office, the cart of mail that he mixes his own into is simply described as "inspected."

This is an understatement if compared to Viz' translation as "cleared/screened by the [postal] monitors", and even more of an understatment if we follow the usual notion that Ostania is based on East Germany, where mail is regularly censored by the Stasi.

PS: Amazon's Asian translation directly used the word "censored," and I would consider it the most appropriate, since most of the show's viewership were born after the Cold War.

Last edited by SamCurt; 2023-10-21 at 22:05.
Old 2023-10-21, 22:05   Link #40
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yuri really is awful. Series would be so much better without him.