AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-10-16, 15:47   Link #21
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Did Romantica get a bust upgrade? I don't remember her being all boing-boing in the manhwa.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-16, 16:52   Link #22
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Did Romantica get a bust upgrade? I don't remember her being all boing-boing in the manhwa.
Seems about the same to me.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-17, 08:43   Link #23
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I dunno I haven't been that impressed by the Chinese anime that I've seen and its typically pretty heavy on 3DCG. I tried an episode of that Let Me Check the Walkthrough series and it basically looks like entire episodes were done in Unity. In all honesty I wasn't that fond of how Lookism looked either. Plus Korea doesn't have bilibili to bankroll it.
Donghua production quality can be rather hit or miss at times (Check the Walkthrough vs amazing stuff as in Tian Guan Ci Fu), but that hasn't stopped the donghua industry dead in its tracks. It's not like the bad ones ever discouraged Bilibili or the like to declare that Chinese anime was a mistake and give up on it, otherwise China wouldn't have a donghua industry to speak of right now.

Besides, doesn't Korea have established bankrollers/publishers for webtoons like Hybe and Webtoons.com who could support the creation of a homegrown Korean animation industry?

If anything, I think the massive popularity of live-action Kdrama could play a factor. If the Korean viewers' attention, time and money is laser-focused on liveactions, the creative writers and types will go into the liveaction industry as that's where fame and fortune lie. The bankrollers will pour their funds into live-action as they know its will be profitable. And in all of this, there'll be no one to support a local animation industry since the attention of the funders, the creative writers and the target audience are all aimed elsewhere.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-21, 16:18   Link #24
magnuskn

Gotta say, I think so far the series is quite well written.

No, I'm not going to stop making fun of the fact that the writer named the dragon villain "Boromir Napolitan". Was "Napeoleon Bonaparte-san" taken?
Old 2023-10-21, 19:22   Link #25
grecefar

I agree and I'm liking this more and more.

I would like it if they show at least little memories of the other timeline, like what happened with romantica when she choosed blue moon. It seems it was a big mistake in the end, not the one that lead her to her dead but still.

I guess azeth will join his party too or at least I hope so.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-22, 01:19   Link #26
magnuskn

Yeah, some context on how things went back then would be nice, although you can also infer it from how Desir acts around people.

It seems that Desir is explicitly getting people into his party who were neglected by the school system to properly train them up, although magic knight girl probably also will join of her own initiative, because she was beaten by Desir. We'll see if the party will grow beyond those three and him, because just training up two more people doesn't seem to me like it would change the final outcome by too much (by which I mean that all the other people aside from the hero party died to defeat the dragon boss even once).
Old 2023-10-22, 01:58   Link #27
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Gotta say, I think so far the series is quite well written
I'll admit the story of the Manhwa isnt unique but its selling point is that it is indeed well written. Its well paced, interesting world and fun characters. Its just a lot of fun and I am excited to see this first story arc play out.
Old 2023-10-22, 02:38   Link #28
magnuskn

As I get older, I appreciate the well crafted stories much more than purely innovative ones. Yes, tropes are around for a reason, but if a writer brings the story well together, it's still a joy to read.

I know some people who can't enjoy stories anymore which use known tropes and I pity those people.
Old 2023-10-22, 03:10   Link #29
Lex79

So, how long until the blue haired shota is revealed to be a blue haired loli?
Anyway, so far the series is nice, although as an Italian guy hearing names like Boromir Napolitan and Romantica feels weird to say the least.
Old 2023-10-22, 22:33   Link #30
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
The anime ditched some things and shuffled some events around, but it worked well for the anime.

Romantica gushing over Pram while he gushed over Desir was just as cute here as in the manhwa.
Old 2023-10-23, 02:08   Link #31
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
While the idea of nobles being stupid and sabotaging themselves isn't new, I do like the weight it has here. It's not just that people like Pram, Romantica, or Desir are being given worse educations and their potentials are being sapped. That is bad and unbelievably stupid. But it's the actual loss of life that has and will happen again if nothing is changed. All these cackling nobles smugly putting all the commoners in the Beta class either likely died themselves or lost friends and family due to a conflict they simply couldn't handle. The chance to come out of it so much better was there, but those idiots stymied that hope.

Romantica and Pram clearly never could reach their potentials and while they probably did extremely well all things considered...they also died. In that sense it's no surprise that Desir will do whatever he has to. Even if it makes Romantica hate him or creates a lot of trouble. He simply can't allow the future to unfold as it's going to. The cost is too high for doing nothing.

Can imagine things really did go horribly for Romantica in the past. She clearly took that offer before. And either during his efforts to get Romantica up to Alpha Class or at some other point he found out. His "love" probably evaporated at that point and depending on when he found out that would have been a nightmare scenario for Romantica.

Curious about the specifics for Pram. Even Desir seemed baffled for why Pram chose a weapon like that. The intention had to be to lose, but not entirely sure why. Afraid of upstaging someone in the Alpha Class? Seemed rather concerned about Desir doing so, so probably some family situation at play there. But unfortunately that can't be allowed. Pram needs to flourish and times of "peace" like this is a much better time than on the battlefield.

I do wonder what Desir's overall plan is. Because yeah...
Quote:
We'll see if the party will grow beyond those three and him, because just training up two more people doesn't seem to me like it would change the final outcome by too much (by which I mean that all the other people aside from the hero party died to defeat the dragon boss even once).
Having Romantica and Pram reach their true potential can't be enough. I mean it should be enough to save their lives which does matter to Desir obviously. But enough to save millions of lives?

Maybe he's going for a show of example. Creating a Beta Class team that is so overwhelming that the status quo is forcibly shifted. Because if he can force that kind of change within the school then a ton of students could benefit. Even if everyone in Beta Class isn't full of potential, each one that gets stronger than they were in the original timeline could steadily add up to a huge difference in saved lives.
Old 2023-10-29, 01:37   Link #32
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Wish I could tell if Pram selling that sword was something that originally happened or not. If not then it could be a case where having knowledge of the future actually ended up biting them. Stirring up Pram too much may have pushed him to sell a sword he normally would have left sitting around until closer to that disaster. Though possible he sold it originally and when things went bad he got it back from that scummy merchant.

Things are going way better with Romantica. Occasionally Desir actually drops that creepy smile and can lift up Romantica's spirits. The path with her is a bit easier right now. Desir knows how strong Romantica got during the war. If he can accelerate her growth then she can do great work in that tournament and it leaves her even more room to grow. Can build on that foundation to be much more capable for when things get serious.

And decent approach. Clearing that tournament gets them: 1) access to the Alpha classrooms and training rooms, 2) can shake up the narrow-minded stupidity that is going to hold everyone back in a life or death situation. A shake-up like that can get the Beta students as a whole the education they need to be more than fodder.

It's a worthwhile approach.
Old 2023-10-29, 02:07   Link #33
magnuskn

It is, although it will lead, for sure, to reprisals by the stupidly proud nobility. But then again, what's the alternative? Training a bit more and hoping it is enough?

Yeah, Desir stirring Prams feelings up like this did lead to a result unexpected by him. I guess he himself can still be surprised, since he didn't seem to know that Pram had all that childhood trauma sitting around.

I quite liked the comedy with the dirty training room. ^^
Old 2023-10-29, 13:37   Link #34
grecefar

It was obvious that something was going on with the sword, even if it has not real value (obvious lie in the end), pram should've know that his father knew the consequence of having a child with a commoner and even knowing about him, he let them live and even left a memento for him.

He should figure it out in the next chapter and I'm sure the future pram started to use the sword after he met his father. I'm enjoying this a lot.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-04, 14:27   Link #35
Rasty

It's refreshing that the peasant-hating arrogant noble has a reason for a change. Sure, all the professors are stupid just for stupidity's sake, but at least the students seem to have reasonable motivations.

Also, am I the only one who finds it slightly uncomfortable that the MC left the 40 silvers in the shop? Since the shopkeeper resorted to violence I would take back everything except for the 3 silver that were originally his.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-04, 15:15   Link #36
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
It's refreshing that the peasant-hating arrogant noble has a reason for a change. Sure, all the professors are stupid just for stupidity's sake, but at least the students seem to have reasonable motivations.

Also, am I the only one who finds it slightly uncomfortable that the MC left the 40 silvers in the shop? Since the shopkeeper resorted to violence I would take back everything except for the 3 silver that were originally his.
Was about to say the same thing. Figured it was the typical stereotype of "all commoners are trash because they are below us nobles", but having the reason being that commoners caused an uprising and publicly shamed and executed people he loved is as much a valid reason as any to hate any particular demographic. I'm sure his parents were probably one of the "good" noble peoples and that they were setup somehow, as that would be the best way to vindicate his hatred and for the viewer to sympathize with it.

Disagree with the idea that Desir should take the money back. Business was conducted with the shop owner giving 3 silver for the sword, and selling the sword back for 40 silver. Those were legitimate business transactions. If Desir took it back, then that would make him a thief, no different than the shop owner trying to take the sword back. Another thing, though outside the scope of the show, is that its hard to tell how much value 40 silver actually has as the show hasn't really given an impression on the money system. I can assume its alot based on Pram's reactions(assuming that reaction isn't based solely on the inflation), but if that's the case, how does Desir, a 'plain' commoner, have it?

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-04, 16:37   Link #37
magnuskn

Yep, I agree with frubam regarding the 40 silver.

Good episode again. Although I don't know how far we'll get in this story if its only one cour (which is the normal thing I'd expect it to be). Given how good this is so far, I might see if there's a manga to follow.
Old 2023-11-04, 17:26   Link #38
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Good episode again. Although I don't know how far we'll get in this story if its only one cour (which is the normal thing I'd expect it to be). Given how good this is so far, I might see if there's a manga to follow.
I ended up reading the manhwa though there might be a WN somewhere... I haven't seen anything translated. Its worth checking out at least. I don't remember the currency being explained any further though...
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-04, 18:41   Link #39
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
I'll just say even the professors have a reason for their bigotry. I cant say much to avoid spoilers so I'll just say this wasnt a minor uprising and it was somewhat recent so the wounds are still fresh in the minds of the nobles.
Old 2023-11-04, 18:52   Link #40
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Disagree with the idea that Desir should take the money back. Business was conducted with the shop owner giving 3 silver for the sword, and selling the sword back for 40 silver. Those were legitimate business transactions. If Desir took it back, then that would make him a thief, no different than the shop owner trying to take the sword back. Another thing, though outside the scope of the show, is that its hard to tell how much value 40 silver actually has as the show hasn't really given an impression on the money system. I can assume its alot based on Pram's reactions(assuming that reaction isn't based solely on the inflation), but if that's the case, how does Desir, a 'plain' commoner, have it?
There is such a thing about bad faith business transitions. This was basically a pawn shop with the owner ok with misleading costumers to his own advantage. While immoral, there probably isnt any laws against it so its probably safest to just pay. That said the merchant is a scumbag. Though, another way to think about this in a positive way is that those 40 silvers payed for the shady merchant's reactions which are definitive proof of the worth of that rapier to Pram. I dont think he'll be questioning how his father views him anymore.