Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2006-10-26, 08:55   Link #381
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firetiger027 View Post
There already have been charater design sheets put out showing the Clamp designs for ALL the main characters. To say they only designed Lelouch and Suzaku is silly though. Jermiah(SP?), Clovis and most of the other guys look exactly like Clamp characters too. I'll give you the girls though...
I meant what's left of CLAMP's designs.
Clovis is a bishounen, and, well, I dought we'll be seeing much more of him.

The terrorists, as well as the classmates, don't have any hint of CLAMP left in them.
Lulu and Suzaku are pretty much the only ones left (as of right now) that have a strong CLAMP design left in their appearance, don't you think?

I'm sure there will be more bishounen characters that look CLAMP, but as of right now, majority of the characters are totally Kimura's trademark look.

Anyways, picture says a thousand words, right?
Here's a collage of Kimura character designs from some of his works.

Last edited by aohige; 2006-10-26 at 10:30. Reason: adding picture
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 13:07   Link #382
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Yeah I saw the ANN review and I instantly replied with a bash on the reviewer. In fact, most people who frequent the ANN forums and people who work there are ****ing western lay-fans who know NOTHING about Anime. God they piss me off.

I swear the only thing they watch is probably Death Note. It's idiots like them who fuel the 24 fansub groups working on Death Note the same time. I hate over-hyped series....(off topic).

If you look in the replies a bit you might find my post. Too lazy to post it here.

Maybe they let Clamp do all the guys' designs, and Kimura the girls designs. lol

Episode 4 just got aired. It's available at the usual 'outlets.' I can't wait to see it.
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 13:32   Link #383
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Seems like ep04 already aired because there's already a torrent for the raw. Screenshots/summary/spoilers, anyone?

On a side note, the only girl I could somewhat identify as a CLAMP traditional design was Nanaly - she sorta reminded me of a few characters seen in xxxHolic, especially that little medium girl, Kohane. But she's the only one.
Old 2006-10-26, 13:48   Link #384
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Screenshots here:
http://2-cat.twbbs.org/~tedc21thc/index.php?res=15221

I am still in the process of obtaining the episode from the 'outlet.'
It's really slow right now.
Old 2006-10-26, 14:12   Link #385
JediNight
キズランダム

Lelouch's sister (sister right?) still seems fairly CLAMPish to me. Maybe not the face -- but she definitely has the gangly elongated limbs and proportions like the more recent CLAMP shows. Thank god its not as bad as xxxHolic .... I can't even watch that show bc the chara designs are so retardedly proportioned (not to mention the plot sucks).
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 16:59   Link #386
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Finished watching Code Geass 4. Looks like someone's not dead...

Spoiler:

You know, it'd be interesting to cosplay as Zero. LOL

Last edited by W-General; 2006-10-26 at 17:50.
Old 2006-10-26, 17:02   Link #387
Haruka-Kun

I don't think that it really matter who design whom. Plots -> animation -> character design. I did not watch this series due to CLAMP even though I am a huge fan of CLAMP.

Eps 4 thoughts:
Spoiler:

I am used to hate pink-hair girl, but this season seem to change that. I like Sana (from Innocence Venus) and now I like Karin (sp?). She is so cool. I love her reaction in that car, it like, "what am I doing here? I must be crazy." In the next eps, look like another pink hair girl join the cast.
Haruka-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 17:12   Link #388
monstratboy

I thought Karen was hilarious, I was waiting for her to piss her pants, she was totally shaking and still went on with it. She has to have the biggest set of balls I've ever seen.
monstratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 17:52   Link #389
Omniscient

Episode 04 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 18:15   Link #390
tragicsmile
おじさんはパスタ好き?

Send a message via AIM to tragicsmile Send a message via Yahoo to tragicsmile
I would be greatly amused if the blonde guy with the camera didn't catch the eye slit and everything on film - having that out of film would get Jeremiah a "get out of trouble free" card and basically give away to everyone that you should be careful of looking into purple eyes.
tragicsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 18:20   Link #391
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

What's this? So next week, we're getting...

Spoiler:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 18:37   Link #392
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Yeah that's what I thought. When I saw Euphemia falling through the sky she had that ditsy pre-Queen-of-Universe-despot Lacus look...
Old 2006-10-26, 19:16   Link #393
monstratboy

Spoiler for Next Episode:

Am I the only one, besides the rebels in the show, who thinks Lulu's now definitely boderline insane. Look at the amount of confidence he shows in these crazy plans of his. They might be somewhat effective, but crazy is crazy.
monstratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 20:43   Link #394
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

The more insane the better. That's what makes him awesome (and that's what makes Light look pathetic in comparison)
Old 2006-10-26, 22:03   Link #395
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-General View Post
The more insane the better. That's what makes him awesome (and that's what makes Light look pathetic in comparison)
W-General, you've made five posts on this page. Are you that in love with this series? *Laughs*

Help us locate with your Japanese language skills more mitomonai images of Karen or something so we may all condemn the ludeness and then set them as our wallpapers or something.
Old 2006-10-26, 22:16   Link #396
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

It's the thing I'm watching this season...needed something to fill the void that was the awesome called Eureka Seven.

As for images....I'll look into that.
Old 2006-10-26, 22:56   Link #397
Omiane
Shounen Archiver

Send a message via AIM to Omiane Send a message via MSN to Omiane Send a message via Yahoo to Omiane
Is Lelouche the hero of this show cuz that guys insane.
Omiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 23:01   Link #398
Darkman.exe213
Yurippe is mai waifu

Well.....sort of. He's destroying everything with his insanity, but there's also two other factors to consider:

1. He's doing it for a "good" cause.
2. He's the main character. Doesn't that automatically make him the hero?

Last edited by Darkman.exe213; 2006-10-26 at 23:54.
Darkman.exe213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 23:07   Link #399
JediNight
キズランダム

Lelouche is a realist -- he believed that no one student would ever be able to change things, but then after getting the "evil eye" and outmanuevering the military in Ep2, he begins to believe that he could successfully defeat Britannia.

Being a realist, he knows that he IS gambling with peoples lives (he says as much) but also knows that it would be impossible to overthrow the system without sacrifices. The key to him, is having the minimal amount lost as possible.

Suzaku is a pragmatist (optimist?) I think is the correct term? He would like to see the system overthrown as well, but he doesn't believe in sacrificing anyone in order to do it. But then of course the question is would the system ever change then?
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 23:08   Link #400
Omiane
Shounen Archiver

Send a message via AIM to Omiane Send a message via MSN to Omiane Send a message via Yahoo to Omiane
Yeah hes doin it for a good cause but the main guy hasnt always been good, MD Geist. But I think I like that about him, his crazyness. I just hope theres more mecha like the Lancelot.
Omiane is offline   Reply With Quote