AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-28, 18:59   Link #2701
Demon Eyes
May Haru-ki Be With You

Send a message via MSN to Demon Eyes
Ah...So there it was...

Any way...where is my Fate-chan? I wanted to see a sneak of her too...*Pouts*
Old 2007-03-28, 19:13   Link #2702
Lemon
Tiana Lanster Fangirl

Oooh..awesome need to see If I can grab tose clips Of Tiana from the Video, or find some Gifs of them >3
Old 2007-03-28, 19:20   Link #2703
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loner
Nanoha: Well, he'll recover. It wouldn't have been so bad if Vita hadn't been...

Hayate: Don't say it! I already regret teaching that to her.

Fate: Er... teaching her what?

Nanoha: *sigh* "I've Been Working on the Railroad"...
Vita: Come here for a moment...
trainees: W-Why?
Vita: I want to show you a game I've picked up on Earth played by senior citizens...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
The real question is, just how many poor new trainees met ultimate suffering after attending their first day of combat classes with Vita as the instructor, and making comments like "We're being trained by this little girl?".
Come to think of it, maybe the won't assign her training duties , but if they do... refer to my little script at the bar...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Well any trainee that survive combat instructions by Nanoha and Vita would be a very strong and capable agent for the TSBA.
With an incredible will to live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Eyes
Ah...So there it was...

Any way...where is my Fate-chan? I wanted to see a sneak of her too...*Pouts*
I guess they're trying to fit only the main focus of the season... It IS only 30 secs.
Old 2007-03-28, 19:43   Link #2704
aers
*Fansubber

It's barely 20s of actual show, and is really just spotlighting Nanoha's group, so don't worry about Fate not being shown, lol.
Old 2007-03-28, 20:16   Link #2705
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

I can just imagine Nanoha's combat lesson on evading oncoming projectiles from multiple vectors.

Nanoha: Accel Shooter! SHOOT!
Students:
Old 2007-03-28, 20:49   Link #2706
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

*logs in*

*Sees video*

There is much WIN there O_O

I like how Nanoha still sounds like her younger self while having a more adult voice, and Subaru and Tiana are just plain awesome (especially with Subaru's Broken Magnum and Tiana's grappling hook)

And it does confirm that Nanoha saved Subaru (score one XD). The best thing about the video though is the much improved animation over the previous two series (especially the Revolver Knuckle part and Subaru's dash ^^).

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-03-28, 21:38   Link #2707
Loner
Lurking In the Darknes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I like how Nanoha still sounds like her younger self while having a more adult voice, and Subaru and Tiana are just plain awesome (especially with Subaru's Broken Magnum and Tiana's grappling hook)
Subaru: Zafira! FUUUUUUSION!!
Zafira: ...I refuse.

Quote:
And it does confirm that Nanoha saved Subaru (score one XD). The best thing about the video though is the much improved animation over the previous two series (especially the Revolver Knuckle part and Subaru's dash ^^).
Assuming they don't sublet certain episodes out to other production companies. Again.
Old 2007-03-28, 21:49   Link #2708
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
I can just imagine Nanoha's combat lesson on evading oncoming projectiles from multiple vectors.

Nanoha: Accel Shooter! SHOOT!
Students:

Lindy: Chrono? What are you doing here?
Chrono: I'm just worried... I can't sleep peacefully ever since I heard Nanoha became a combat instructor... I just have a bad feeling about this...
Lindy: Oh come on, you worry too much, Nanoha's a big girl now.
Chrono: It's not her I'm worried about...
Lindy: Huh?

(Door opens...)

Nanoha: Remember, maximum power is very important too!
Students:
Nanoha: Like...THIS!
Raising Heart: Divine Buster.

*Chrono smack his palm to his forehead*
Lindy: Eheh...
Old 2007-03-28, 21:51   Link #2709
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
*logs in*

*Sees video*

There is much WIN there O_O

Indeed. The new kids are shaping up to look pretty cool (except for Elio, BOYS DO NOT WEAR SHORT SHORTS), and it looks like at least the aces are going to get plenty of focus. I get the feeling that I'm going to like StrikerS. (even if it does need more Arf)
Old 2007-03-28, 22:05   Link #2710
Ottocycle

Those other production companies could do pretty well actually..

I think the 1st series' episode 8, when Nanoha deactivated her barrier jacket IIRC was sublet, judging from the lots of talking and simply the vastly different style of de-transformation, can be an example.

That scene was awesome...or maybe just a breath of fresh air from all the transformation scenes...XD
Old 2007-03-28, 22:10   Link #2711
Demon Eyes
May Haru-ki Be With You

Looks like Nanoha's group is all about power...

Just like their mentor...*Sighs*
Old 2007-03-28, 22:22   Link #2712
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Promo CM was okay. Nothing spectacular nor was it very well-crafted, but it gets the point across in 30 seconds. Well...one part of the point anyway.

For most part, the only part I kind of disliked was the flashback part. It just looks like it could get a much better storyboarding to add extra umph to that scene. I mean, it was night time with fires and destroyed buildings and crying lolis and flying saviours...

The animation looks decent. It had good animation for most part, but I believe the most consistent one would be the animation at the flashback, which means around so-so close to A's level, but slighty better.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-03-28, 22:37   Link #2713
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Eyes View Post
Looks like Nanoha's group is all about power...

Just like their mentor...*Sighs*
<someone put the logo for the Stars Team here>
If you're not fixing the problem by hitting it with all you've got, you're not hitting it hard enough
Old 2007-03-28, 22:43   Link #2714
Aaron008R

Well... The focus on power may be there to compensate for Teana and Subaru's inability to fly. Anyway, Subaru can pretty much move fast enough with Mach Caliber and Tiana has her grappling hook.
Another thing, wasn't it mentioned in the A's manga that Intelligent Devices drain the user for every action they make? Subaru is using TWO devices at a time. Maybe she's got a helluva lot of magical stamina like Nanoha~san.
Old 2007-03-28, 22:45   Link #2715
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Well... The focus on power may be there to compensate for Teana and Subaru's inability to fly. Anyway, Subaru can pretty much move fast enough with Mach Caliber and Tiana has her grappling hook.
Another thing, wasn't it mentioned in the A's manga that Intelligent Devices drain the user for every action they make? Subaru is using TWO devices at a time. Maybe she's got a helluva lot of magical stamina like Nanoha~san.

Wait, her blades are intelligent devices as well?
Old 2007-03-28, 22:56   Link #2716
Ottocycle

I doubt that, since the site said that Subaru made them herself...I highly doubt she has the skills, even with suspension of disbelief..
Old 2007-03-28, 23:11   Link #2717
Aaron008R

Oh. But I remember the earlier posts in this thread stating that her main device is Mach Caliber. I think it was in a MEGAMI issue. Maybe the earlier translations were wrong or the production crew decided to change the specs.
In any case, from what I've seen in the StrikerS manga, Tiana keeps Cross Mirage in a drawer and Subaru leaves the Revolver Knuckle on her table. I wonder what would those devices look like in their portable form.
(ie. Raising Heart - pendant, Durandal - card)
Old 2007-03-28, 23:13   Link #2718
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
I doubt that, since the site said that Subaru made them herself...I highly doubt she has the skills, even with suspension of disbelief..
Plus, I don't think that you'll need an AI to help you use a roller blade... unless it's to pull of fancy stuns, Air Gear style.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R
In any case, from what I've seen in the StrikerS manga, Tiana keeps Cross Mirage in a drawer and Subaru leaves the Revolver Knuckle on her table. I wonder what would those devices look like in their portable form.
(ie. Raising Heart - pendant, Durandal - card)
Do they even have portable forms? So far, I've only seen Nanoha, Fate and Chrono's weapon having portable forms, none of the knights' weapons seem to have them...

Perhaps it's only for staff/polearm type weapons ? (hammer doesn't count)
Old 2007-03-28, 23:18   Link #2719
Demon Eyes
May Haru-ki Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Plus, I don't think that you'll need an AI to help you use a roller blade... unless it's to pull of fancy stuns, Air Gear style.
Were even those in Air Gear I.Ds?
Old 2007-03-28, 23:37   Link #2720
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Do they even have portable forms? So far, I've only seen Nanoha, Fate and Chrono's weapon having portable forms, none of the knights' weapons seem to have them.. (hammer doesn't count)
No, their weapons have portable forms. Episode 6, about 18:20. I remember that they showed Vita's little hammer pendant at some point too, but I can't remember when...
Closed Thread