AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-14, 08:29   Link #1321
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
You think? I'm not so sure that it would be so straightforward, if the foreshadowings are anything to go by.

As things stand today, I'm not entirely certain that Clare is prepared for post-Awakened Priscilla -- in the sense that Priscilla isn't exactly the same monster she remembers.
Meh. If so, I'd like Clare to go "I didn't come here to win a philosophical debate over who's right or wrong, or the merits of vengeance. I'm here to kill you."

Actually, I'd like her to not even attempt conversation and just kill Priscilla. No questions asked or answered.
Old 2007-06-14, 08:55   Link #1322
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Meh. If so, I'd like Clare to go "I didn't come here to win a philosophical debate over who's right or wrong, or the merits of vengeance. I'm here to kill you."

Actually, I'd like her to not even attempt conversation and just kill Priscilla. No questions asked or answered.
I'd expect Clare to show as much mercy as Priscilla showed to Teresa.
Old 2007-06-14, 09:00   Link #1323
SimplyEd
Claytard

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyPrey View Post
When he has been properly "claymorized". Even better, he would appear in the form of Raki, but he really would have been an awaken being (after clarmorization).

-EasyPrey
Which would mark the point where i'll stop reading Claymore for an indefinite amount of time and revel in its past glory...
Old 2007-06-14, 09:39   Link #1324
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyEd View Post
Which would mark the point where i'll stop reading Claymore for an indefinite amount of time and revel in its past glory...
We'll all stop reading at that point since that will happen right at the end so he can stay with Clare forever

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Old 2007-06-14, 09:52   Link #1325
EasyPrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
The current state of elders in the org looks more like awakened beings than humans.
They may look like Yoma/awaken, but we know that Yoma (and presumably awaken beings) can take any shape or form. If they were truly Yoma, then they would look completely normal. I think the "modifications" were attempts to prolong what may have started out as human life.

The problem is that we truly don't have any data on the org. All we know is that they have absolutely no oversight. This tends to corrupt over time ("Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely." [1]).

There is another angle to this. I don't think awaken beings are "good" or "evil" per, se. Sure they are carnivores, but are we not carnivores ourselves? Just because you consume a different species for food does not make you "evil". They just appear to be on top of the food chain (replacing humans).

Same argument applies to the org. They don't seem to be doing this for the betterment of mankind. It is a muscle-for-hire service. However, having power for so long, may have corrupted the org beyond redemption. So, in the end, I guess I am leaning towards the opinion that the org is evil.

-EasyPrey

[1] "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men." An observation that a person’s sense of morality lessens as his or her power increases. -Lord Acton in a letter to Bishop Mandell Creighton in 1887
Old 2007-06-14, 17:21   Link #1326
Seska

Man, i am curios how they go to animate the Battle in the Youma city... Where Clare awakens her 4 limbs...

[rumor on]
Clare is like Sasuke of Naruto, Sharingan...
[rumor off]

She saw "Phantom Miria" in action in Anime ep. 11
in the fight where she awakens her 4 limbs, she just copy Mirias Youki level (or some kind of that), and bang... She is on the same Youki level like Miria. but of course, her body is different like her.

She wants to be faster, and perhaps she remembers Mirias Phantom Youki level in Miria legs to gain the same level of the speed,in her legs...

Wha will she do, if she learns from Galatea her "Eye" skill or her Youki manipulate skill?...

Please, dear Story writes. Even Sasuke from Naruto, has needed a body to set Mind things into action.... (Hint: Rock Lees speed. "What help if that, if your eyes are faster then your body can move?". Don't give Clare to much godlike powers...Let her grown this powers in a "human being" line).

For making more sense. On what kind of power lies Clare Claymore powers?. Yup, Teresa. Master of reading Youki and compare/copy it. Hint: Quicksword Irene, kinda Quicksword with Pricilia...
Old 2007-06-14, 17:34   Link #1327
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't think Clare's awakening had anything to do with copying Miria. If anything, it was just another application of the basic Quicksword principle.

I joked a time or two about Irene escaping Raphaela thanks to that, in fact. The Quicklegs: awaken her legs, run like hell.
Old 2007-06-14, 17:39   Link #1328
Seska

Yup, i think her awakened 4 limbs, based on her knowledge's of the Quicksword use...
We remeber, Irene teaches her, to put imense youki power into the arm, and the rest of the body fight against her awankend arm. To keep it in check... her it's the same. But this time she pumps imense Youki power into her legs, where the rest of the body fight against it.... and she surpass the limits in the Limbs....

Without the knowledge's of the Quicksword basics, that is impossible.
Old 2007-06-14, 18:08   Link #1329
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well, is it a teaching of Quicksword, or a general principle when using a solitary limb in that fashion? Who's to say that Helen doesn't have a similar thing she goes through to use her stretch arms & legs.

...hmmm, maybe that's how one determines just what sort of ability one gets. If their Youki is surging and they want to do something...like for Helen, what if her circumstance was 'if I could just stretch my arm little bit more...!' I'm comparing it to Clare's mental mantra that she went through before she awakened her legs. Everytime one of her limbs awakened, it helped whatever issue she was having such as matching speed for speed and then rectifying her speed braking/stopping issue.
Old 2007-06-14, 18:39   Link #1330
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

It could be the case that up till the point of full Awakening, a warrior could impose her own thoughts on what kind of body she wants. It certainly seems that Clare's limbs Awakened in exactly the way she wanted them to.

But once Awakened, the form becomes fixed. I imagine it might be a bit like baking wet clay until it becomes a hardened pot?

That being said, it seems that Isley had conscious control over his Awakened form as well. He changed his arms from bow & arrow to lance & shield just before he engaged Luciela in melee combat.
Old 2007-06-14, 21:05   Link #1331
Archmagination2002

I think Isley has control of his arms in his awakened form.. they can form into whatever he wants them too. Its one of the main features of his body, but I don't think he can do it with any other part of his body.
Old 2007-06-14, 22:01   Link #1332
Sci-Fi

Goes to show or create speculation on how powerful Teresa and Ilena/Irene would/could have been in their awakened forms. Claire had 1/4 of yuma power from Teresa and 1/2 the speed and power from Ilena's arm. The different awakened weapons Clare has (from Ilena's arm and the rest from Teresa) gives Clare some options. Rigald resigned himself that it was all over for him after seeing Clare's 4 awakened limbs and how fast she learned to control her "insane" speed. Now it's just a matter of whether or not Clare can or is able to use any of that in combat, like Helen or Deneve, or go all out and still return to normal. Would be more of being forced to use that power since Clare and the gang can fight pretty evenly with single digits with using any yuma power while hiding their yuma auras.
Old 2007-06-14, 22:34   Link #1333
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Just curious. Is next months chapter when Claymore starts it's run in Weekly Jump?
Old 2007-06-14, 23:09   Link #1334
rimaa

Really? Claymore is going weekly?
Old 2007-06-14, 23:32   Link #1335
B-day
Yokomo driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negativedark View Post
Just curious. Is next months chapter when Claymore starts it's run in Weekly Jump?
Where do you get this rumor?
Old 2007-06-15, 00:06   Link #1336
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci-Fi View Post
Goes to show or create speculation on how powerful Teresa and Ilena/Irene would/could have been in their awakened forms. Claire had 1/4 of yuma power from Teresa and 1/2 the speed and power from Ilena's arm. The different awakened weapons Clare has (from Ilena's arm and the rest from Teresa) gives Clare some options. Rigald resigned himself that it was all over for him after seeing Clare's 4 awakened limbs and how fast she learned to control her "insane" speed. Now it's just a matter of whether or not Clare can or is able to use any of that in combat, like Helen or Deneve, or go all out and still return to normal. Would be more of being forced to use that power since Clare and the gang can fight pretty evenly with single digits with using any yuma power while hiding their yuma auras.
I was always thinking how funny it would be if Noel and Sofia were still alive, too. Noel would give Clare her legs for speed and Sofia would give Clare her left arm for power.
Old 2007-06-15, 00:08   Link #1337
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Burst View Post
I was always thinking how funny it would be if Noel and Sofia were still alive, too. Noel would give Clare her legs for speed and Sofia would give Clare her left arm for power.
The author would really have to pull something out of his ass for Claymores to survive being pierced through the head.........
Old 2007-06-15, 00:27   Link #1338
Newguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negativedark View Post
I think so.

It's not going weekly. The magazine the Claymore was in is getting killed so it's moving to Weekly Jump.
Old 2007-06-15, 03:04   Link #1339
Sci-Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Burst View Post
Nah...Clare would be Frankenstein...lol...The parts and abilities she got is good enough. It's Clare's smarts, ability to analyze or watch/copy others, then come up with tactics and new ways to control or use her abilities to win battles, save comrades/friends/innocents, or survive. That being said, in the heat of a desperate battle, it wouldn't be a reach if Clare needed to "borrow" body parts from dead or dying Claymores if her own was cut off and destroyed...Clare hasn't been seen (so far) with the ability to regenerate, plus she's an offensive type. Personally I hope the writer doesn't go down that path, but you'll never know. Better to show her continued development rather than getting easy powerups. Right now Clare knows when to run when she's out-matched and she wants to stay alive to avenge her comrades and find Raki. That's a big difference from when we first met Clare...she used to jump in and take unnecessary risks and damage.
Old 2007-06-15, 04:46   Link #1340
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archmagination2002 View Post
I think Isley has control of his arms in his awakened form.. they can form into whatever he wants them too. Its one of the main features of his body, but I don't think he can do it with any other part of his body.
I think all of them can control all parts of their body, but they have no use for them. they either transform their hands since that are their weapons most of the time ( Luciela certainly didn't need her hands ) or they go full form.

And yeah Claymore is going ot be published montly in Weekly Jump, that's a fact not a rumor.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Closed Thread