2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.90%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 2.48%
Voters: 444. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-07-29, 12:26   Link #181
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi
At the end of episode 25 (after CC's monologue) there is a picture of someone near Lelouch.....who is he???(he doesn't look like Sukazu!)
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 12:52   Link #182
Irkalla
I asked for this

Yeah, it really ended with a major cliffhanger...But oh well it's kinda obvious what will happen in the next season...
Spoiler for major spoiler:
Irkalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 14:41   Link #183
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Man, i think it's kinda pathetic the way everyone fell apart without Zero. I mean, there should be some other commanders, like todou and his group that are capable of ordering the black knights about.
You know what they say,

If the general goes down, the entire battalion goes down.

Diethardt had already pointed this out though due simply to the fact that the Order exists only because of Lelouch's will. They are nothing without him even if another capable commander takes up the reins.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 15:04   Link #184
cf18
Mecha Pilot

"Holy Shit" - from me, after the gun shot and ED starts rolling. Damn cliffhanger againt!

On V.V. - he didn't show much power other than teleporting into highly secure places. Zero's little trap for Lancelot turns out to be his biggest undoing, otherwise at least Sayoko would be there to protect Nunnally.

On Villetta - a point blank shot that is non-fatal? Do she still have some feeling for Ogi? I predict tragic death of them dying together.

Zero is not the only one sacrifice his troops for personal reason. Cornelia wasted the aerial reinforcement to lure Zero.
cf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 15:49   Link #185
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
Yeah, it really ended with a major cliffhanger...But oh well it's kinda obvious what will happen in the next season...
Spoiler for major spoiler:
a possibility but not 100% by any means ~ heck with what has happened now nothing is for certain but hints about S2 being more "suzaku" centered gives it more of a reason that it wont happen :/

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 16:12   Link #186
Daniel di Espania

Kallen could be extremely confused and in shock since she sort of hates the way lelouch thinks but is inamored with Zero and the way he thinks (even tough before she tought them to be the same person but was thrown off)
Daniel di Espania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 16:34   Link #187
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
End like what?
End in a cliffhanger.
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 16:51   Link #188
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

The ending was disappointing

i mean its still good, BUT GODDAMN DISAPPOINTING

and I thought Geass could become the BEST anime ever made......

well done Sunrise, well done

i guess theres no such thing as perfect anime huh?

/wrist
guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 16:58   Link #189
Barry

It was worth the wait waiting for these last 2 episodes. The ending could've had some more detail, but maybe it's been done this way to leave room for a possible season 2. With that said, I'll recommend Code Geas to anyone.
Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 17:08   Link #190
Frog
Shimako's Embodiment

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltygearxt View Post
The ending was disappointing

i mean its still good, BUT GODDAMN DISAPPOINTING

and I thought Geass could become the BEST anime ever made......

well done Sunrise, well done

i guess theres no such thing as perfect anime huh?

/wrist
sure the pain of a cliffhanger hurts now but in the long run that was the perfect move and i cant think of a better way to close act 1 of code geass.
Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 17:25   Link #191
myopius

Ahhh... the characters never say what I want them to say. I would've loved a conversation like: Lelouch: "Nunnally is kidnapped, yet you, who no longer has anyone worth protecting, cares only for revenge against the only being who can save her! There is no place for your kind of evil in the new world!" Suzaku: "Everything you say is a lie! A monster who is capable of only murder, you can't save anyone, so go to hell!" Something along those lines.

This episode had so many different plotlines going on... yeah, everything just reared its ugly head all at once. Looking forward to season 2, but I hope they slow down the pace a bit when they start it out. If they start out replaying the scene where Suzaku has his gun pointed at Lelouch, that won't be possible, of course.

Yeah I'm not sure why Kallen was so upset that it was Lelouch.... Must be because she thinks that that means he didn't really mean what he was doing, because he's Brittanian? What a letdown. Anyway, now to eat dinner.

Edit for more comments:

It's really too bad that the ending was leaning way more toward C.C and away from Kallen as far as romance with Lelouch... I guess it was inevitable since C.C and Lelouch had just been growing closer through the episodes, but it really hit a high point in episode 25, and meanwhile Kallen, who was already in a volatile situation with her fanatic attitude toward Lelouch, hit a low point. Although I really can't understand why she'd be upset, like Lelouch said Japan had been liberated as he had always said, it's too bad Zero left his post and caused deaths but I think it's more her fault for deifying Zero and not paying attention to the parts where her goals didn't coincide with his. Not that I don't like C.C, I just think that the meaningful potential in Kallen's relationship with Lelouch/Zero shouldn't be so easily cast aside, especially after there was a whole episode focused on her. Then again, this show is really good at having everything go to hell--in part I already expected it'd go like that when he took of his mask.

By the way, there's one thing I didn't pay attention to, or just couldn't figure out. How did the students escape, the Nunnally get left alone?

Last edited by myopius; 2007-07-29 at 18:02.
myopius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 17:43   Link #192
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I was really disappointed with the pacing in these two episodes. It's like they took 5 episodes worth of plot and compressed it into a messy 2 episode package. Seems like every Sunrise show I watch these days has poor endgame pacing.

Anyway, I'm likely the only one who was quite turned off from the show because of these two episodes. Things were going at light speed. I wonder if I will even bother with the second season.

If Kallen dies then it's gameover for me... It was a fun ride while it lasted.

Suzaku must die by the end of the story.
Old 2007-07-29, 17:54   Link #193
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Kallen already knew Zero was Brittanian since the meeting with the Kyoto Boss, and she already suspected Lelouch of being Zero at some point. And even so, that doesn't change Zero's past actions, he obviously didn't do all that just for the lulz.
Oh well, Kallen has been pretty retarded lately, so that didn't surprise me all that much.

As for the cliffhanger...meh. I'm pretty sure none of them is going to die for a reason or another (probably because of Suzaku's "live" geass and his hax abilities).

Well, overall these episodes weren't bad at all; the big problem is that they weren't worth such a long wait, so it ended up being disappointing to me.
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 17:56   Link #194
Kisuke06
I see...

I still can't believe in the end of episode 25... but I think both will live.

And CC kissing Lelouch, that was very unpredictable IMO.
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 18:09   Link #195
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
Quote:
By the way, there's one thing I didn't pay attention to, or just couldn't figure out. How did the students escape, the Nunnally get left alone?
They left the student alone cause they start to search for the person who shot Ogi. They took advantage of the chaos to escape.
dxanato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 18:53   Link #196
Paek

so.. its a fact that s2 is comming right ?

if so, is there any info if the sequel will be of the s1 characters or it will be with another main char ? (i mean like.. 10 years passed.. some1 else got geass and along in the story they tell what happened that day or something like that)
is there any real info about what s2 will be about?
Paek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 18:59   Link #197
Terra

Season 2 will continue with the current characters in same roles as they currently have. So Lelouch is still the main character, etc...
Old 2007-07-29, 19:00   Link #198
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

First off, boring opening animation but I guess there was no point in creating a whole new one just for two eps.

As for the episodes themselves, what a mess...

Spoiler:

Last edited by Xcomp; 2007-07-29 at 19:14. Reason: Forgot about the last scene.
Xcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 19:44   Link #199
kivine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon_ View Post
Kallen already knew Zero was Brittanian since the meeting with the Kyoto Boss, and she already suspected Lelouch of being Zero at some point.
I think the part Kallen knew about Zero was that he was NOT a Japanese/Eleven. Not about him being a Brittanian. Cause being a britainian = enemy .
kivine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 20:07   Link #200
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I love how CG makes you feel for both sides. On one hand there's the unyeilding loyalty of Cornelia's knights that makes you want to root for them, and on the other, there's the desperation of the OotBK.

And the old Viletta is back, kick ass! But I bet she won't admit she actually likes that guy, since she could've easily aimed for a critical point rather than his abdomen.

And I half expected the CCXLulu kiss, much to my chagrin. I mean, there's a reason why they showed the previous contractor; it isn't just filler...

And more Lasharta vs Lloyd goodness, the eternal rivals. And Cecille kicking ass too? Fun fun fun.

Milly and Shirley also had screentime, w00t! Milly concerned about students of her school, as expected of student council prez. And Shirley having absolute faith in Zero? Look out CC, your rival in love is still alive and very much kicking. :P

If the show ended there, then CG would've terribly disappointed me. But since there's a second season, it's all very good with me. Now I wonder where Zero would get his army, when he all but deserted them in mid battle... Bring on stage 26!

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote