3 out of 10 : Bad 6 11.11%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.85%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.70%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-09-27, 16:28   Link #181
Beqa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
Watched the episode. And well. Some are expected. Some are well, flipped.

Love triange:
So the main problem about the thress was that none of them were honest about their feelings. Hayate confessed, Mirage confessed, Freyja confessed. Well, a way to solve the problem but isn't really satisfying. But compared to Frontier at least not a real Girls fight for a boy. Instead it's a real triangler with Hayate and Mirage as Freyjas Wings. I first thought Freyja and Mirage were Hayates wings, but this changed in the finale.

Windermere vs. Rest of the Galaxy:
Well, it was obvious that they aren't enemies or at least not the true enemy. It's Macross and it's foreseeable who isn't the enemy from the beginning. Otherwise it would be too easy and from the storytelling too boring. At least from my expectation of Macross franchise.

Windermere has to work up a lot, however, those who have driven the war are dead. On both sides. From my side. NUN has to investigate internally to avoid such things that an MDE can be easily dropped by overwriting the pilots control. At least the high court of NUN must have the power to decide if an MDE must be used. Following the series it feels more like NUN higher ups weren't fully aware of this and instead a false story has been reported.

Windermere has to rebuild their reputation. And maybe the rest has to listen their story. How they felt, when outsiders dropped a bomb on their planet. Please don't tell me about ultimo ratio or collateral damage. No one knows or can tell that it would not have been possible to fight the enemies without MDE and even better without the planetary defense have their own planet garrisoned to defend.

Walküre. Well back together but with the star singer on stage they have to be aware of other enemies maybe.

All in all, Delta was ok. I liked it female characters more compared to Frontier and also the antagonists were a bit funnier to see. Let's see what comes next after delta or how the OVA will look alike when it is planned to be shown.
Absolutely agree. I thin remain a huge question about Mikumo and her position from now on, I hope to have answers a movie because ... well ... the girl is a clone of the protoculture and NUNS, well they are afraid of bio superweapon ^^u

Kaworu Nagisa
Beqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-27, 16:32   Link #182
Magewolf

Lets get the good things out of the way first.

I liked Mikumo's new dress.
Freyja X Hayate.

Everything else was crap.

No plot threads are tied up.
The Windies get away with murder.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-27, 16:40   Link #183
Beqa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
Lets get the good things out of the way first.

I liked Mikumo's new dress.
Freyja X Hayate.

Everything else was crap.

No plot threads are tied up.
The Windies get away with murder.
All get away with murder... but this is Macross u_u not Gundam... and come on... ChibiMirage is cuteeee :3

Kaworu Nagisa
Beqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-27, 16:45   Link #184
Dextro
He Without a Title

I can't even say much about this. I think I'm just glad it's over and the show isn't dragging itself around anymore, that's it. The episode was flashy and had some nice action sequences, some good fanservice with some of the best songs that came out of this show and resolved a couple of plot points leaving the entire mess built in the second half of the season hanging.

Tonnes of characters went virtually unused from start to finish like that old pilot from Windemere for instance. I forgot his name, the one who should have had a showdown with Mirage this episode. Speaking of Mirage there's another completely wasted character. I appologize to the fans of her character but her even having a role in the final episode is a travesty to the lack of development she got during the entire season. It's like she was just there, spoke her lines and then Freyja remembered that she actually had something to say. I felt zero impact for Mirage intervention in that scene.

I won't even comment on Mikumo. She got her "role" but she's a much better character than this show ever deserved.

Oh well, at least we got some great songs and songstresses out of this.
Old 2016-09-27, 17:43   Link #185
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post

I won't even comment on Mikumo. She got her "role" but she's a much better character than this show ever deserved.
To be honest. Mikumo felt like Ranka after she has been caught and put under Roids observeration.
Old 2016-09-27, 18:06   Link #186
-Antares-
Nope.
*Fansubber

How did they even manage to rush the final episode this badly when the past ten episodes were spent on meandering, pointless nonsense? And what the heck kind of resolution was this, even? The conflict with Windermere is obviously not over, by Heinz's own words.

Mirage was still as pointless a character as Chuck. Kaname was the only character that had development that reached any kind of satisfying conclusion. Mikumo could have come close, but then they just shut her down in Star Singer land. We were given no answers about anything. I did not hear Hear the Universe proper (leave me alone! I just wanted to hear what Rasmus Faber composed for Walküre since I loved what he composed for Megumi Nakajima!), and Heinz did not sing in a way that was appropriate for how his character arc seemed to be developing.

PLEASE tell me they still plan on doing that movie conclusion. This was awful...

You people don't actually talk to each other, do you? No way you could be this dysfunctional as a team and contradict each other if you did. Power trips not appreciated regardless.

Last edited by -Antares-; 2016-09-27 at 18:11. Reason: My period ran away from me. :(
-Antares- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-27, 23:22   Link #187
Terri87

It would have been nice if during the entire everyone is connected to the universe scene, we could have heard the voices of some Macross characters outside of Delta. It has been only 8 years after Frontier so pretty much everyone is still alive.
Terri87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-27, 23:26   Link #188
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri87 View Post
It would have been nice if during the entire everyone is connected to the universe scene, we could have heard the voices of some Macross characters outside of Delta. It has been only 8 years after Frontier so pretty much everyone is still alive.
Fair point. Some short cameos by Alto, Sheryl, and/or Ranka might have been nice.

I can understand Kawamori being a little worried that such cameos might overwhelm the current cast, but if you kept them short enough, it probably would have been fine.

Could have been neat if Sheryl or Ranka said "What's going on here? Somebody has to stop this!", and Freyja said "That voice? It sounds very familiar..." and this helped pump Freyja up to sing against Roid.
Old 2016-09-27, 23:36   Link #189
Kokojin

any talk of a season 2 or a movie?
Kokojin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-28, 03:08   Link #190
Random14

Have the later fates of the major singers ever been cleared up? Like Minmei has just disappeared (even Frontier touched on that briefly), but not sure about Basara or Sheryl and Ranka. And having that Lady M thing be teased yet go nowhere is annoying. Unless it was intentionally left to an OVA, which I hate when this already seems like the obvious end point. Doesn't help that Macross continuity is... fluid (any and everything could be or is just a story in-universe), and while I'd love to see Frontier characters again, this series' characters have already been neglected so much, it would be even worse if Sheryl showed up and stole the show again.

I wonder how far that galactic hive mind stretched. But then this series has been a bit odd with its sense of scale. Originally it just focused on that local sector, then it supposedly expanded to galactic domination, then not and... yeah, another dropped plot.

Not to mention it was a rushed episode, despite so many of the last ten episodes seeming to be filler. Not a surprise, its been clear for a while now that the pacing would be horrible- the show simultaneously seems stretched out and still has a rushed conclusion at the end. When the final battle hadn't even started in the second to last episode, yeah, that was a bad sign. Still a decent episode (and series) but a far cry from previous Macross.

Last edited by Random14; 2016-09-28 at 03:28.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-28, 03:29   Link #191
HirouKeimou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokojin View Post
any talk of a season 2 or a movie?
I don't believe it's aired on its second station yet. We'll likely find out by next week or at the beginning of October.
HirouKeimou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-28, 03:33   Link #192
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I seriously doubt Delta would get a 2nd season, since there is literally never any other Macross that got a 2nd season. However it is possible for them to release a condensed movie/OVA.

The issue is, normally you make a movie because of popular demand. To make a movie to "fix mistakes" is problematic, as there is no guarantee that there is an actual market for the fixed version.
Old 2016-09-28, 05:24   Link #193
Father Hentai

They fixed some character issues when they made the movie about frontier.
Old 2016-09-28, 05:26   Link #194
HirouKeimou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The issue is, normally you make a movie because of popular demand. To make a movie to "fix mistakes" is problematic, as there is no guarantee that there is an actual market for the fixed version.
I don't know because
Spoiler:

And based on Japanese Twitter and a dozen other Japanese sites, people are happy with Delta. It's mainly people overseas who are excessively complaining about it*. So it's still a possibility, especially if those albums keep selling out and Blu-Ray sales keep up.

* = This could mean Japan dropped its standards but considering their seasonal anime...
HirouKeimou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-28, 07:44   Link #195
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I seriously doubt Delta would get a 2nd season, since there is literally never any other Macross that got a 2nd season. However it is possible for them to release a condensed movie/OVA.
To be honest, given the substandard quality of Delta, I'd find it insulting that this particular Macross anime gets a second season.

Not to mention that the show can only keep its happy facade by ending with this current snapshot in time. Advance the timeline a few weeks or months and things will be decidedly less happy for some factions and people.
Old 2016-09-28, 08:05   Link #196
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Delta doesn't need a second season. It ended very well for the protagonists. I'd certainly watch a second season if it happened (or any future Delta OVA episodes if they happen), but I think the story has a satisfactory ending and ends at a good spot.

I know that many of us, myself included, aren't entirely content with how Windermere has been handled. But really, the situation is kinda grim for Windermere right now, which may force it to self-correct some. Consider the following:

1. Windermere lost two of its Aerial Knights, including its best. (Three if you count the newbie Hayate shot down in the first season)

2. Windermere lost its Chancellor Roid. A clever dangerous man. Dangerous to his own people, but also very dangerous to the people of other worlds.

3. Windermere's current King had serious health issues the entire show, and has premature white growth. He also has no heirs. The royal line could end with Heinz, which might cause Windermere's government to change the way some of us would like it to. Even if Heinz does manage to have a child at some point, his health issues will likely prevent him from being able to do much as a song-based WMD.

4. Windermere probably isn't that popular outside of its own planet right now.

5. Taking all of the above into account, Windermere probably has little choice but to try to negotiate peace with NUN.

6. Perhaps Freyja will inspire others on Windermere to follow her lead. Popular pop idols might become Windermere's most beloved export in time, which may well warm relations between Windermere and other worlds. If so, perhaps this will not be lost on Windermere's leadership and they'll embrace a more cooperative/peaceful stance with the rest of the galaxy.
Old 2016-09-28, 08:07   Link #197
charles883

Yes Triple R I argree. I think best choice right now is negotiate peace with NUN. Hopefully Chaos will expose conspiracy of NUN cause major reform in NUN
charles883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-28, 10:06   Link #198
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
While I'm glad that the love triangle is resolved, I feel bad that Mirage is somewhat neglected as she's reduced to Hayate's wing-mate.

As for a peace negotiations between Windermere and the New United Nations, it'll be a long time for it to happen given the atrocities committed by both sides. However, I think the real winner on this conflict is Berger Stone and the Epsilon Foundation as they amassed huge profits for selling their products.

One last thing though, I'm disappointed that Kawamori didn't explored about Lady M's true identity on whether she's Lynn Minmay or not.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-28, 11:50   Link #199
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
However, I think the real winner on this conflict is Berger Stone and the Epsilon Foundation as they amassed huge profits for selling their products.
I'm laughing right now because that's true. Berger was pretty much an antagonist for most of the show providing tons of essential resources for Windermere, then he saw how things were going south and preemptively switched to the "good side" and pretty much got off scott free with a load of money and two pissed off former business partners.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-28, 14:08   Link #200
SleepingTerror
green hair, don't care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
They fixed some character issues when they made the movie about frontier.
That's really all I'm hoping for. Please, 50 million yen? What's that?