Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-07, 06:43   Link #181
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
With episode one coming on Friday, I've made a characters/seiyuus page for this show. It gives pics of 22 characters and their seiyuus, with a bit of info about each character and about the seiyuu.

The info is mainly from the official site. Researching it certainly made things a lot clearer for me, especially learning a little bit about each of the many characters.
Episode one is not airing today. The series starts next week. The first broadcast on all channels is just going to be a pre-airing special program.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 10:03   Link #182
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Just a reminder to Animax Asia viewers.

Last Exile -Fam, The Silver Wing- will airing on Animax Asia on October 15 at 8pm HK/MY/SG time.

Last edited by MrTerrorist; 2011-10-07 at 21:20. Reason: Update
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 10:08   Link #183
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Just a reminder to Animax Asia viewers.

Last Exile -Fam, The Silver Wing- will airing on Animax Asia at 8pm HK/MY/SG time.
Yes, next week. For clarification, it starts on the 15th of October. Not this weekend.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 14:07   Link #184
azarhal

This weekend, they are showing a special presentation that explain the world of Last Exile and present the characters. Doesn't seems to be "simulticasted" though.

and once again Greek will be really handy to understand half the stuff written on the screen. :/
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 14:26   Link #185
E_I
Yuri fan

Are they showing the 1st episode today or not?
E_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 14:37   Link #186
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_I View Post
Today is a special.

1st episode is next week.
Old 2011-10-07, 15:39   Link #187
DangerMouse

Yeah, almost forgot they were doing an info special first, only one week to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
This weekend, they are showing a special presentation that explain the world of Last Exile and present the characters. Doesn't seems to be "simulticasted" though.

and once again Greek will be really handy to understand half the stuff written on the screen. :/
Hehe that was a cool little thing in the first series and visually looked neat, I still remember going online at various times to see if there were any translations around heh.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2011-10-07 at 15:49.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 17:29   Link #188
azarhal

The special actually confirmed that

Spoiler for Spoiler to be sage:
Old 2011-10-07, 17:54   Link #189
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_I View Post
No, they aren't. First ep next week. My mistake. But the special should be fascinating, anyway, especially since most of it will apparently consist of interviews with the director and the seiyuus -- Toyosaki Aki, Yuuki Aoi, Kayano Ai -- as well as clips from the anime.

EDIT: Yes, it was pretty interesting. Not enough of the seiyuus for insatiable me, but lots of footage, and comments from the director, character designer, and art director. Several things:
-- the visuals have been ramped up by newer technology
-- the show combines action, setting, character and relationships, and gives them all some emphasis
-- the character designs are "cuter" than the last time, with some young-girl accoutrements and big eyes "that show emotion better"
-- Fam is a moving character, willing to do anything to help her friends
-- the seiyuus almost felt as if they were flying themselves, as they watched the images and recorded the sound
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2011-10-07 at 22:06.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 00:28   Link #190
DangerMouse

Quote:
No, they aren't. First ep next week. My mistake. But the special should be fascinating, anyway, especially since most of it will apparently consist of interviews with the director and the seiyuus -- Toyosaki Aki, Yuuki Aoi, Kayano Ai -- as well as clips from the anime.

EDIT: Yes, it was pretty interesting. Not enough of the seiyuus for insatiable me, but lots of footage, and comments from the director, character designer, and art director. Several things:
-- the show combines action, setting, character and relationships, and gives them all some emphasis
-- the character designs are "cuter" than the last time, with some young-girl accoutrements and big eyes "that show emotion better"
-- the seiyuus almost felt as if they were flying themselves, as they watched the images and recorded the sound
Cool, can't wait.
Old 2011-10-08, 04:04   Link #191
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Quote:

I just finished watching the TV special (.TS raw) and I'm so unbelievably excited to see this more than ever.

Yup, it looks like Gonzo got a much bigger budget than the [first] season. Of course the first Last Exile already had impressive artwork and 3D graphics, but fast forward to now with today's technology, from what I've seen so far, it's much better. The ships look more badass than before. And, the Vespa, mini-Vanship, looks cool.

Definitely agree on this:
"-- the show combines action, setting, character and relationships, and gives them all some emphasis
-- the character designs are 'cuter' than the last time, with some young-girl accoutrements and big eyes 'that show emotion better'
"

The character designs are "cuter" and seem to show a lot more emotion than before.

The OP song, "Buddy," is growing on me already. I'm liking it so far. It isn't "Cloud Age Symphony" but if going by what I think is the theme of the Silver Wing, it works.

Other than the character designs by Range Murata, the airships and Vanships, the one thing I also liked about the first Last Exile was the music. Hoping the second series will be just as good.

Great to see that Tatiana took the position of Captain. (Silvana perhaps or her own airship?) Dio is still the same as always. I am sure he is going to be saying "Immelman Turn" again in the series. I was expecting him to say it in the special but didn't. With the exception of Dio, Tatiana and Alister look much older which led to me think...
Spoiler:

Also, any confirmation this is going to be one or two-cour?

*crosses fingers and hopes it two-cour like the first one* x(><)x
octoberasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 06:46   Link #192
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberasian View Post
Great to see that Tatiana took the position of Captain. (Silvana perhaps or her own airship?)
The ship is called Silvius, taking screenshot and converting Greek letters is quite interesting. Especially when it is also written just on top of the Silvius line:
Spoiler for Hiding some Greek translation that might be considered spoilers:

Quote:
With the exception of Dio, Tatiana and Alister look much older which led to me think...
Spoiler:

Show is confirmed for 26 episodes.
Also, it start 2 years after the end of the last series (confirmed on the official twitter). Which mean that Tatiana got her captaincy really fast. Also, you can see one panel of Fam and Giselle in the Last Exile manga continuation (not to mix with the Silver Wing manga).
Old 2011-10-08, 14:47   Link #193
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Quote:
The ship is called Silvius, taking screenshot and converting Greek letters is quite interesting. Especially when it is also written just on top of the Silvius line:

Also, it start 2 years after the end of the last series (confirmed on the official twitter). Which mean that Tatiana got her captaincy really fast. Also, you can see one panel of Fam and Giselle in the Last Exile manga continuation (not to mix with the Silver Wing manga).
Ah, thank you for that. Yeah, that's incredibly fast to get Captain from 1st. Lt.

Thank you! 26 episodes.
octoberasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 17:40   Link #194
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Spoiler:
Hate to burst your bubble but Fam's mother and father are both listed on the character section of the website, she has three or four younger siblings too.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 19:26   Link #195
DangerMouse

Quote:
I just finished watching the TV special (.TS raw) and I'm so unbelievably excited to see this more than ever.

Yup, it looks like Gonzo got a much bigger budget than the [first] season. Of course the first Last Exile already had impressive artwork and 3D graphics, but fast forward to now with today's technology, from what I've seen so far, it's much better. The ships look more badass than before. And, the Vespa, mini-Vanship, looks cool.

Definitely agree on this:
"-- the show combines action, setting, character and relationships, and gives them all some emphasis
-- the character designs are 'cuter' than the last time, with some young-girl accoutrements and big eyes 'that show emotion better'
"

The character designs are "cuter" and seem to show a lot more emotion than before.

The OP song, "Buddy," is growing on me already. I'm liking it so far. It isn't "Cloud Age Symphony" but if going by what I think is the theme of the Silver Wing, it works.

Other than the character designs by Range Murata, the airships and Vanships, the one thing I also liked about the first Last Exile was the music. Hoping the second series will be just as good.

Great to see that Tatiana took the position of Captain. (Silvana perhaps or her own airship?) Dio is still the same as always. I am sure he is going to be saying "Immelman Turn" again in the series. I was expecting him to say it in the special but didn't. With the exception of Dio, Tatiana and Alister look much older which led to me think...
Spoiler:

The footage and stuff in there is getting me so freaking excited.

Totally agree on the incredibly improved visuals (the improved flow of expressiveness is a good point too), budget and even more stunning ship CG (man those new ships look crazy good and those clips of the new larger scale and yet even more detailed fleet battles!), and this is coming from a first series that I was always blown away by for it's time (and still think it holds up remarkably well aside from a few shots and aside from some of the textures which in this new series you can very clearly see the enhancements thanks to the time that's passed, improved techniques and tech and probably budget too).

"Other than the character designs by Range Murata, the airships and Vanships, the one thing I also liked about the first Last Exile was the music. Hoping the second series will be just as good."
Totally agree with this. So glad they got the composer back too in addition to Murata and and LE design work, her music and style was so incredibly in sync with the first series, the short clips you can hear a bit of under the interviews sound quite promising.

Dio's voice can be heard saying "Immulman Turn" in the second trailer so I'd be even further shocked if doesn't say it

Speaking of Dio, he's so "Dio" in the special when he's amusingly
Spoiler:

Quote:

Epic! Finally confirmed 26, makes me incredibly happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Hate to burst your bubble but Fam's mother and father are both listed on the character section of the website, she has three or four younger siblings too.
I don't think she'll be their's obviously given the age and when the series takes place, but isn't Giselle's mother, father and siblings listed on the site not Fam's?

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2011-10-08 at 20:20.
Old 2011-10-08, 20:41   Link #196
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post

I don't think she'll be their's obviously given the age and when the series takes place, but isn't Giselle's mother, father and siblings listed on the site not Fam's?
I thought it was Giselle's family also.

However, Claus was 15 yo in Last Exile so he's 17 yo now. Lavie is prob the same age. Alvis was 11 yo in Last Exile and is now 13 yo.

Either way Fam is not a kid from any shipping involving Claus as only 2 years have elapsed.
Old 2011-10-08, 23:05   Link #197
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Y'all are right and now I feel very dumb, that's what I get for not double checking first. Funny enough, in the first trailer I could've sworn Fam yelled something along the lines of "I'm *someone's* daughter!" but I could never figured out whose name she was yelling, did anyone else hear that?
Old 2011-10-09, 02:12   Link #198
Reeuq

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Y'all are right and now I feel very dumb, that's what I get for not double checking first. Funny enough, in the first trailer I could've sworn Fam yelled something along the lines of "I'm *someone's* daughter!" but I could never figured out whose name she was yelling, did anyone else hear that?
You misheard what she said. I'm guessing you heard "musume" when she's actually saying "nusumu" meaning "to steal". I made the same mistake when I first watched the PV. The full translation of that line is "I've made up my mind! I'm going to steal that ship!".
Reeuq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 09:38   Link #199
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Ahhhh, I had seen that line quoted quite a few times and guessed it was from the trailers, didn't realize it was the same line I was thinking of. Thanks for clearing that up!
Old 2011-10-09, 14:18   Link #200
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeuq View Post
You misheard what she said. I'm guessing you heard "musume" when she's actually saying "nusumu" meaning "to steal". I made the same mistake when I first watched the PV. The full translation of that line is "I've made up my mind! I'm going to steal that ship!".
Same here, until the translation came out I thought I heard "musume" there too especially when I first saw that first PV way back.

Tags
adventure, science fiction