AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-08-08, 16:53   Link #181
Elestia

My heart strings were definitely tugged this episode, which is quite surprising I didn't think I would get this emotional when I've already read One's webcomic. I should really applaud the studio with their amazing directing for when Teruki started resorting to physical violence against Mob with his own two hands. It hurt to watch Mob being strangled, and it was almost unbearable seeing him put up meager resistance against Teruki.

The only thing that Mob could do was respond in the same way, with just a punch on Teruki's face. The blow was so soft and barely made any sound it just strongly echoed Teruki's entire point. They are nothing without their powers, and Mob can't even save his own life with his own strength and continued lambasting Mob on how all his efforts within the Body Improvement club was futile and that people do not easily change.

The next gut punch was when Mob realized that he has used his own powers against another person. Even though he was unconscious, he wanted to change that, but he couldn't. He was no different than in the past. He did not change. That moment when he just buried himself into the ground to cry the fact was painful to watch.

Only a few nitpicks though. Was kind of disappointed they didn't put more importance on Teruki's action when he stopped using his psychic powers and instead started to physically strangle Mob. Another was when Teruki realization that ???% Mob was unconscious, which did not transition as well as they could to make it seem more natural.

Other than that, everything else was just wonderful. Great adaptation and props to the director this episode.
Old 2016-08-08, 18:05   Link #182
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Oh wow. I haven't followed this topic at all but I have been watching the show.

This episode really drives home how good this show is, for its rather simple premise.

Apparently, the "explosion" and this "freakout" aren't the same thing. The "freakout" happens when he goes unconscious. The "explosion" is actually just him giving in to his emotions, which gives him great power, but not the extreme destructive power he showed when he was unconscious. Apparently "sadness" is what restored everything and saved everyone's lives.

Looks like during the "incident" he fell unconscious as well.

I don't know what his brother's deal is, but he appears to be right about the fact that whatever it was, that 'thing' isn't Mob.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-08, 18:37   Link #183
Wandering Soul

That fight certainly didn't fail to impress. It was an emotional and well animated episode.

Reigen for all his flaws does give good advice.
Old 2016-08-08, 19:24   Link #184
sikvod00

Top of Teru's head: 0%

10/10 Episode, don't even need to finish it.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-08, 19:50   Link #185
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
That was a pretty good episode ... but to be honest after it all I could not help but feel incredibly sorry for ... not Teru, but Mob. Dimple exorcized, struggling to stay true to his principles and yet apparently "failing" when he was unconscious and whatever power is inside him "took over" and started causing destruction on natural disaster level.

Also - yet another point for his "shishou". Maybe it was ultimately to protect himself should Mob ever realize that he is being exploited and the possibility of turning his anger against him arise, but even so it is actually something that it was objectively a really good thing for Mob to take to heart. Can you imagine Mob behaving like Teru and cultivating his powers with a similar intent in mind?

Of course the quality of the episode about it and everything was superb - Bones is Bones.
Old 2016-08-08, 20:12   Link #186
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

That episode just utterly blew me away. I don't really even have words for it. Just... wow.
Old 2016-08-08, 23:35   Link #187
Boukenxha

That was a fantastic battle. Visually, it was more eye feast of raw, wild and entertaining sequence that one would come to expect of this artistic style. Mentally, the exploration of Mob's principles and his rejection of his psychic powers in contrast to Teru's reliance and abuse of it was very interesting. And man... too bad about Dimple, his tsukkomi have been a nice companion to our stoic MC and despite his comedic nature he even stand up for Mob there against Teru. I've come to like him some and it appears that Mob does as well.
Boukenxha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-09, 00:29   Link #188
sayde

Finally, I've arrived. THIS is the episode that has made officially hooked to this anime. I'm so glad I stuck with it till now because the payoff was certainly well worth it.

Just a couple thoughts to add...

- Is Dimple really gone for good? I can't believe a character like him would get killed off! I really liked him too.

- Did Mob actually inadvertently completely restore the school he destroyed? Or did I misinterpret that scene? Because it's one thing to have incredibly OP destructive capabilities. But to be able to reverse the destruction caused takes his capabilities to a whole new level.

- If Mob really did restore the school, I'm hoping he somehow restored Dimple with it. That guy was turning out to be such a great guardian angel for our main protagonist. And for me to have become attached to such a character so quickly is just a testament to how well the story's been told so far.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-09, 02:02   Link #189
Hakai

Holy shit Teru's bald

I had to pause there for a few minutes because I was laughing too much.
Old 2016-08-09, 02:07   Link #190
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Finally, I've arrived. THIS is the episode that has made officially hooked to this anime. I'm so glad I stuck with it till now because the payoff was certainly well worth it.

Just a couple thoughts to add...

- Is Dimple really gone for good? I can't believe a character like him would get killed off! I really liked him too.

- Did Mob actually inadvertently completely restore the school he destroyed? Or did I misinterpret that scene? Because it's one thing to have incredibly OP destructive capabilities. But to be able to reverse the destruction caused takes his capabilities to a whole new level.

- If Mob really did restore the school, I'm hoping he somehow restored Dimple with it. That guy was turning out to be such a great guardian angel for our main protagonist. And for me to have become attached to such a character so quickly is just a testament to how well the story's been told so far.
Yes. In the manga he had restored the school piece by piece.
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-09, 03:16   Link #191
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
Yes. In the manga he had restored the school piece by piece.
So, uhm, KUREJIIII DIAMOOOND ?

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-09, 05:33   Link #192
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I also have to compliment the musical score. That theme that plays whenever Mob (or that thing) gets serious is a real treat to the ears.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-09, 06:16   Link #193
LevelSeven

good epsiode EXCEPT for the part where the half-bald-boy tried to suffocate mob without psychic abilitys, the manga had a teller explain the situation and the inner thinking of the chars but the anime didnt use it, i kind of think it took away a hugh amount of epicness which the scene previously had

but still really well done, now lets see peoples reactions to reigan

PS: in the manga the school wasnt restored to 100%, it was loosely put together but no human with common sense would be willing to go into it im sure, i was actually surpised to see the school getting repaired perfectly, but i guess it isnt such a big change :/
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-09, 07:53   Link #194
Yamada II

Episode 5

I kinda only expected a sugoi looking fight with some comedy or something. Got more than that here. That fight was pretty damn great.

Teru could be considered as Mob's psychic powers begging to be unleashed but Mob is keeping them suppressed. He doesn't want to use them because there are chances that he may not be able to control it and might end up hurting Teru more than what is necessary to just subdue him.

Teru felt that he was special because he has strong psychic powers and Mob is destroying his world. He wanted to teach Mob a lesson and defeat him. It was also a matter of pride for him so he wanted Mob to use his powers to fight so that he wins fair and square and also proves his might. Mob, on the other hand, believes that psychic powers shouldn't be used for fighting, and that a person having psychic powers is as special as a kid who's good at maths or a kid good at sports. You're good at one thing but it won't make you good at other stuff. Psychic powers have their quirks but it isn't everything and can't help you get everything. Take away those powers and you're as average as averagenees goes. They don't make you the main character of the world (in the real world of course. In animes that's enough of a qualifications). (That Reigan may be one terrible greedy guy, but he sure said something pretty damn good.) This went against Teru who believed that psychic powers make him someone above others. Mob wants to change, he doesn't want to use his psychic powers anymore especially for fighting, he doesn't want to rely on them and wants to live like other normal kids his age by finding something else which can make him special. But the problem really isn't just him being bad at almost everything else. I mean, is Mob seriously expecting Tsubomi, or any other girl for that matter, to fall for a face like that? I mean, at least change your hairstyle or something if you can't do anything about that face of yours. Even if you have the physique of a body builder there's no way Tsubomi would fall for your boring face (and that makes the need to control his powers rather than suppressing them even more)

There's one thing about his thinking, he is kinda wasting his potential here. If you're good at football, you can become the best footballer out there if you try hard enough. Mob can use his abilities in different ways which would be beneficial to others if he learns to control his abilities. He's only suppressing them right now and isn't using them as well as he could, just like what Dimple said. Teru is using his psychic abilities to the max and has gotten all the popularity he has right now. It's good to try and be better at something else too so you can survive if your leg is broken and you can't play football anymore, but it's a waste if you suppress what you're already good at. Reigan didn't tell Mob to not use his powers anymore (as far as what Mob recalled goes), he told him to not hurt people with his powers. Mob is trying to deny his powers as he doesn't want to depend on them at all anymore. He could have ended the fight ages ago if he knew how to control his abilities well – things could have ended with Teru not getting much hurt at all and without Teru having to go overboard. It's kinda like he wants to forget that he has psychic abilities probably to erase some bad memories.

And the reason behind Mob thinking as such is that he has something pretty freaky inside him which is the source of his unmatched powers among espers. Teru thought Mob was insulting him by rejecting him so he blew a fuse and started to strangle Mob. Mob lost consciousness and Teru walked away because he thought it all ended in a draw. But the unconscious Mob got up and unleashed his psychic powers and blew away Teru alone with the delinquents and a great chunk of the school. And when Mob gained consciousness, he saw the destruction he caused, another emotion was released – sadness. He became somewhat sadistic and didn't care about his enemy at all when his anger came out. And when this emotion took over, he made right what he had messed up and fixed the school as though nothing had happened.

And Dimple supposedly dies for good. Lol when Dimple was exorcised for good all memories Mob had of him were ones with him wanting to take over his body or telling him to use his powers or whatever. None of those were good memories. And Mob even said that he isn't really mad at that lol. But Dimple was probably the only one to be so close to him and in the end Dimple did stand up to protect Mob. Maybe that's why he wants Dimple back.

This episode was better than I expected. I got a lot more than just a sugoi fight and some comedy and that's brilliant. Those faces were pretty gold though lol. This surely is one hell of a show.
Yamada II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-09, 07:55   Link #195
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

This episode illustrates why while OPM may be ONE's commercial flagship series, it is Mob Psycho that is his flagship writing.
So much emotion and powerful energy brimming from the exchange it's insane.

And were's still JUST FIVE EPISODES IN. The ride is just starting.
Old 2016-08-09, 07:59   Link #196
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
good epsiode EXCEPT for the part where the half-bald-boy tried to suffocate mob without psychic abilitys, the manga had a teller explain the situation and the inner thinking of the chars but the anime didnt use it, i kind of think it took away a hugh amount of epicness which the scene previously had
I don't know what exactly was said but I as an anime-only viewer I thought that scene was perfect as it was. Very powerful and I think it transmitted well the sense of exasperation and fear Teru was feeling at that moment. It was as if being so physical both expressed how much angry he was, how much he was losing control, and at the same time made the experience more repulsive and frightening for him, since despite his hands being a far less lethal weapon than his ESP powers, this actually felt like committing murder. That was when he realised he was about to genuinely kill Mob, and how he was fucking up possibly his entire life, and still was not able to stop. It was an amazing scene, and it was all told beautifully by images.

Old 2016-08-09, 08:43   Link #197
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
I don't know what exactly was said but I as an anime-only viewer I thought that scene was perfect as it was. Very powerful and I think it transmitted well the sense of exasperation and fear Teru was feeling at that moment. It was as if being so physical both expressed how much angry he was, how much he was losing control, and at the same time made the experience more repulsive and frightening for him, since despite his hands being a far less lethal weapon than his ESP powers, this actually felt like committing murder. That was when he realised he was about to genuinely kill Mob, and how he was fucking up possibly his entire life, and still was not able to stop. It was an amazing scene, and it was all told beautifully by images.
im not saying it is terrible only that there was the voice talking about terus feelings and his actions like where he tried to kill mob with his hands (he appeared later in the episode but it was in another situation ),
in HxH there is also a voice talking about how characters percieved a certain situation right?
in the manga there was the same which i missed in the anime, im sure it would have made it into a really epic mindbreak if the voice said this things while the action happened

but maybe it is also only me since i have seen the chapter :/
Old 2016-08-09, 10:16   Link #198
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
in HxH there is also a voice talking about how characters percieved a certain situation right?
Yeah, but that was also a much longer stretch, it would have been downright awkward had they kept silent that long .

Anyway I should read the manga chapter to judge, I dunno. But it was a very powerful scene to me as it was, my favourite in the entire episode in fact, is all.

Old 2016-08-09, 14:14   Link #199
LevelSeven

^they could still keep making noises but simply that the voice explains what happens, it seemed awkward to have the chars's thoughts for the exposition instead of the all-knowing-teller :/
Old 2016-08-09, 18:39   Link #200
grecefar

???% that was epic.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote