Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-05-07, 10:57   Link #181
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

OOF. That receipt at the end must not be a pretty sight for Westalis MI6 boss
Old 2022-05-07, 10:59   Link #182
Frontier

I love how the agency is so confident that Twilight is going to pass because it's Twilight, not knowing all the bad luck the Forger's are courting and the fact that they didn't actually pass in the straightforward way .

"Pantsu: Black" - I don't know why a spy agency needs to know its' agents color of underwear preference, but okay .

So, yeah, Anya didn't pass...but she was made top of the wait list, so that's something! And it's not long before she actually gets in, so all's well that ends well. And hopefully Henderson will still be there when she attends .

Find an uncle who will celebrate your admission with a lavish dinner and guilting your dad into going through an extensive and costly theatrical performance in real life so you can live out your favorite cartoon. I think Franky partially just wanted to screw with Loid, but still .

I'm somehow not surprised Yor can't hold her liquor, but she definitely gulps them down full. Also they drag an obviously drunk woman all around for this, which makes it even more hilarious .

Gotta love how Loid drags his agency and fellow agents into participating and financing this whole thing and they all go along with it because of course Agent Twilight is doing this for the sake of Operation Strix and not just to make his daughter happy .

Can't be a Loidman without the mask !

Loid beating up his fellow agents and making them look like goons for the sake of his daughter was pretty awesome, especially with that OST .

Loidman vs Yorticia was pretty exciting, and a glimpse at what a proper Loid and Yor fight might be like...and Yor practically goes to town on him, even while drunk and not thinking clearly. Although I guess her being drunk means she's not balancing herself properly so her heels finally fail on her and she trips and falls asleep on the floor .

To be honest, Franky had that one punch coming .

It's nice that Loid and Anya were able to bond more and Anya was left happier than she's ever been thanks to having her papa be there for her and be her favorite anime hero .

All's well that ends well...save for the massive amount of cost of this whole endeavor which now the agency needs to account for .
Old 2022-05-07, 11:24   Link #183
EroKing

Episode 5

It should be illegal for a show to be this awesome.

Images
Just Yor
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-15 at 08:37.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-07, 11:47   Link #184
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

There was a lot of anime original scenes this episode. They're definitely... savoring this adaptation.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-07, 11:57   Link #185
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I don't care anymore, I'll just enjoy the ride, turning off my brain seems to be the best after this episode

When I saw last episode's preview I thought the couple will get a mission where they'll cross paths and seriously fight with each other, turns out it was just a drunk Yor. At least now we know how lethal Yor really is even when drunk!
frodonk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-07, 12:41   Link #186
James Rye

I think Boss just lost his job once the bill hits the desk of the defense/security minister. xD

Frankie really enjoyed taking Loid for a ride here and Anya had a ton of fun and Loid now knows to never let Yor drink or else his life is in danger.

And next episode we finally get Becky, Damian and THAT FACE! 8D
Old 2022-05-07, 13:25   Link #187
Decel

The animation's action was way up there.

I guess Frankie's a party-agnostic broker, and benefits from Lord of War-style immunity? I can't see the East letting him operate freely otherwise.

Frankie must know about Yor's identity by now, and not telling Loid... because he's definitely on team Anya.

Similarly, the East ignoring a Western Spy party retreat in their backyard is a bit...

For the west, it was probably worth every penny! Talk about motivating/inspiring your troops.
Old 2022-05-07, 13:40   Link #188
Strahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel View Post
Similarly, the East ignoring a Western Spy party retreat in their backyard is a bit...
Yea, the last episode had a lot that wouldn't make much sense but:

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
I don't care anymore, I'll just enjoy the ride, turning off my brain seems to be the best after this episode
is a very good philosophy about it, lol. Obviously an ep just meant to have fun with the characters, so one shouldn't think too hard on it. Like Loid should definitely realize something is up with Yor after their brief fight; I'd have to assume not many can put him on his heels normally, especially whilst being shitfaced lol

It's funny, Anya doesn't want to let them know her power because she's afraid of being sent back to the orphanage. If Loid found out about her, that's the last thing he'd do. A telepath ally would be a goldmine for an intelligence agency. He'd probably get a new mission once Strix ends; raise Anya as a protégé. Between dad and mom's expertise, Anya would be quite a formidable agent
Strahan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-07, 15:50   Link #189
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Gotta love how Loid drags his agency and fellow agents into participating and financing this whole thing and they all go along with it because of course Agent Twilight is doing this for the sake of Operation Strix and not just to make his daughter happy .
Technically, keeping Anya happy is also a key element for Operation Strix, since it would be her who would be initiating all of the contacts and stuff for Twilight inside the Academy.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-07, 15:50   Link #190
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

From start to finish, this was a fantastic episode! Superstitions, check, pixelated unko, check, admissions waiting list, check, and then the Bondman (James Bond) - save Princess Honey (Princess Peach) in a Disney castle turned into a carnival funhouse with paintballs, versus all other agents (with the "bad" acting), check!

Loidman is definitely one of the coolest dads. Humor was on point, what does Anya want at this very moment? The answer was none other than what a typical child would normally feel...thirsty.

Rescue scheme was great, the fight between "witch" Yor was epic though shortlived. One lucky break (yes pun intended) saved Loid from imminent death, and the ending shows that spies cost a lot of money.

Btw, who else caught that little James Bond theme jingle?
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-07, 16:47   Link #191
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
There was a lot of anime original scenes this episode. They're definitely... savoring this adaptation.
It's Wit Studio and Cloverworks.
Old 2022-05-07, 18:38   Link #192
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

FYI it wasn't that ridiculous in the manga. About 1/3rd of the episode was filler.

Spoiler for Manga comparison:

I'm not sure how to feel. The anime had done a superb job until now but now I'm thinking they don't actually get the series.

Well, anyway, smug Anya will finally make her debut next week.
Old 2022-05-07, 19:12   Link #193
leongsh
Daijoubu!

I cannot get over the feeling that the apartment Twilight is using looks like a furniture showroom, combining various designer furniture with vintage-looking furniture of a certain time period. I wonder whether any furniture designer/distributor is sponsoring this show.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-07, 20:56   Link #194
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I definitely needed something like this episode. Even just something like Yor considering assassination just to make sure someone dropped out and Anya scored a position in the school! She's really become a proud mother at this point .

Though honestly it was all smiles when Anya got accepted. Obviously I knew it was coming. But I just felt good for these characters .

That whole chaotic bit of fun was worth it. Anya looked so darn happy and she deserved it. They could barely find moments to separate Yor from that bottle . Which was all the more dangerous since her skills weren't any less deadly in drunk mode. They definitely added quite a bit to this episode. But I think it's fine. They didn't leave the level of ridiculous that was inherent to renting a castle to play Bondman with Anya. In terms of pacing I think it makes sense to end the episode where they did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post

It should be illegal for a show to be this awesome.

Images
Just Yor

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
I'm so glad Yor is getting all the fan art love that she is. You never really know if certain shows will get that much love, but she's definitely getting it here. I'm sure the latest episode will just line up nicely with plenty more great drunk Yor art .

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2022-05-07 at 21:18.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-07, 22:51   Link #195
grecefar

This was really fun, and Loid just made anya the happiest girl alive, it was so worth it.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-07, 23:40   Link #196
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
FYI it wasn't that ridiculous in the manga. About 1/3rd of the episode was filler.

I'm not sure how to feel. The anime had done a superb job until now but now I'm thinking they don't actually get the series.

Spoiler:
Old 2022-05-08, 03:00   Link #197
Chosen_Hero

Quote:

So the anime had the better version then? GOOD.
Old 2022-05-08, 05:35   Link #198
ryllharu

Quote:

They took a chapter that didn't really fit in with the manga either and just had fun with it. It's a good use showing off animator skills with some Lupin antics and drunk Yor with her guard down (who ends up still being quite deadly).

And Franky got some minor revenge taunting/teasing Twilight.

Ultimately, it is a light character development episode.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-08, 09:09   Link #199
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
They took a chapter that didn't really fit in with the manga either and just had fun with it. It's a good use showing off animator skills with some Lupin antics and drunk Yor with her guard down (who ends up still being quite deadly).

And Franky got some minor revenge taunting/teasing Twilight.

Ultimately, it is a light character development episode.
Franky for Best Uncle .

I love how Drunk Yor's only weakness is she's too tipsy to balance herself in heels properly .
Old 2022-05-08, 09:47   Link #200
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Ironically, in initial drafts Franky actully was an uncle in the family, but author changed it for the actul release.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, bondman, comedy, espionage, james bond, secret agency