AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 74 69.16%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 18.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 7.48%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.93%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.87%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-23, 00:05   Link #181
Mappy
Eat This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien View Post
Apparently Jail wants to physicall/magically improve humans. I personnally find that creepy, but from the scientist's point of vue, it might appear like a good thing. And the TSAB does hamper his work.

And deciding whether his a Bad Guy or not, is IMHO a matter of personal opinion, not a Universal Truth.
In a series of this nature, a person doing what he is doing for the reasons you state will always equal Bad Guy who will commit genocide without a second thought to prove he is right in what he believes. That's why he is placed in the position of Person Who Stands Against The Main Character/s, aka the Bad Guy. StrikerS is not a philosophical show about the rights and wrongs of having an organization running things like the TSAB etc etc, though it can be an aspect of the show that it isn't perfect. But in the end, we all know he'll end up gibbering in a dingy cell, forgotten by all and sundry, or be splattered on the back wall of his lab, most likely by Nanoha and/or Subaru. Because this episode has just guaranteed he won't be on Nanoha's "to befriend" list anymore.
Old 2007-07-23, 00:15   Link #182
Dark Wing

Well since RF:6 just got their rear ends handed to them next up we can expect the (Your team screwed up so now it's break you all up episode, then the Oh crap we got beat emo-ness episode followed by then recovery and power-up episode. So it's safe to say we won't be seeing real battles for a little while again.

Anyway on to the most important topic. THOSE BASTER! how dare they kidnap my Vivio! Nanoha and Fate better get up and start blasting some numbered butt! Then thay had the nerve to beat up on Ginga oh it's on!!!

sorry lost myself there for a sec...great episode by the way. Caro's Red eyes was great.
Old 2007-07-23, 00:24   Link #183
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Well since RF:6 just got their rear ends handed to them next up we can expect the (Your team screwed up so now it's break you all up episode, then the Oh crap we got beat emo-ness episode followed by then recovery and power-up episode. So it's safe to say we won't be seeing real battles for a little while again.
*Gagged and binded by Nightengale and Thisguy before could reveal anything...*

Quote:
Anyway on to the most important topic. THOSE BASTER! how dare they kidnap my Vivio! Nanoha and Fate better get up and start blasting some numbered butt! Then thay had the nerve to beat up on Ginga oh it's on!!!
I wasn't expecting Ginga to be beaten like that without showing us the painful details, oh well...

Lol, yeah... Vivio gone...

Quote:
sorry lost myself there for a sec...great episode by the way. Caro's Red eyes was great.
I wonder if it's like Evangelion, where Caro refuses to let go of Erio and reds eyes guards her against everyone
Old 2007-07-23, 00:28   Link #184
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
*Gagged and binded by Nightengale and Thisguy before could reveal anything...*
PM plx?

Quote:
I wasn't expecting Ginga to be beaten like that without showing us the painful details, oh well...
I was actually, if we don't know what happened while Subaru is racing, it's more dramatical.
Old 2007-07-23, 00:40   Link #185
Ratler

Location: Currently Recovering in the TSAB Rehabilitation wing.
HOLY FRIKIN CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK I don't even know where to start or what to think about that one.
Spoiler for ...:

@Chaos how can you at Vivio being kidnapped
Old 2007-07-23, 00:50   Link #186
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratler View Post
HOLY FRIKIN CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK I don't even know where to start or what to think about that one.
Spoiler for ...:

There's no way Rein's dead. Sound Stage 3 : Episode 18.5 is about her after all. And there's no way it could end without a proper Agito/Rein battle with more worthy opponents...like Signum/Hayate.

And Chaos isn't the only one grinning from the sight of Vivio being kidnapped... This episode had me in stitches the entire way, watching RF6 getting wtfpwned. About damn time.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-07-23, 00:51   Link #187
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Next upgrade for the Number Girls: Anti-stealth/decoy sensors. In fact, Dr J should have installed one after the last fake and switch episode So much for being the smart mad scientist when his crew falls for the same trick twice.
Old 2007-07-23, 00:54   Link #188
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
And Chaos isn't the only one grinning from the sight of Vivio being kidnapped... This episode had me in stitches the entire way, watching RF6 getting wtfpwned. About damn time.
The drama in this episode was enough to make me forget I feel terribly sick at the moment. Vivio's capture was expected, but Subaru's "Gin-nee kaise!" and still getting beaten up is absolutely the peak of StrikerS drama at this moment! Hospitalized Nanoha flashbacks got nothing on this episode.
Old 2007-07-23, 00:54   Link #189
Ratler

Location: Currently Recovering in the TSAB Rehabilitation wing.
Quote:
There's no way Rein's dead. Sound Stage 3 : Episode 18.5 is about her after all. And there's no way it could end without a proper Agito/Rein battle with more worthy opponents...like Signum/Hayate.
thanks for informing me (I speak like 0 Japaneses so i don't listen to the sound stages >< )

Edit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
The drama in this episode was enough to make me forget I feel terribly sick at the moment. Vivio's capture was expected, but Subaru's "Gin-nee kaise!" and still getting beaten up is absolutely the peak of StrikerS drama at this moment! Hospitalized Nanoha flashbacks got nothing on this episode.
I hope you get better soon. For me that whole section of Subaru's rage and still getting beat put my jaw on the floor. Drama = going in full force, I agree that Nanoha flash back got nothing on this at all.
Old 2007-07-23, 00:58   Link #190
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:

I could see Signum take on Zest, Since they are so similar, However Hayate should be only be pulling up the big guns over Jail's to leave it in ruins.

While it is sad such a defenseless and moe loli like Vivio got kidnaped, however it does give the chance for Nanoha and Fate to strengthen their bonds in time of crisis .
Old 2007-07-23, 01:02   Link #191
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
thanks for informing me (I speak like 0 Japaneses so i don't listen to the sound stages >< )
Even without the japanese, it's still easy to see that Rein's just badly beaten up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratler
I hope you get better soon. For me that whole section of Subaru's rage and still getting beat put my jaw on the floor. Drama = going in full force, I agree that Nanoha flash back got nothing on this at all.
Technically though, she wasn't defeated, she just didn't win, since Cinque got whisked away by Sei at the last second. But still, HOTBLOODED Subaru is One Thousand Different Kinds of Awesome!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-07-23, 01:04   Link #192
Satty
Slash!

This was an interesting episode, with a lot of plot twists...

I suspect Scagletti's gonna use Vivio for something concerning destroying something...I was surprised at what happened to Subaru, that was unexpected. Her berserk mode scares me....now, I wonder what's gonna happen.....
Old 2007-07-23, 01:05   Link #193
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
PM plx?
*Signal you to cut me loose*

Quote:
I was actually, if we don't know what happened while Subaru is racing, it's more dramatical.
Hmm,I guess, but it would seem abit ... 'all of a sudden'...

Quote:
Chaos is 90% practical, 10% sentimental

Quote:
Erm, YAH! Same reason as you ()
Old 2007-07-23, 01:13   Link #194
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
Next upgrade for the Number Girls: Anti-stealth/decoy sensors. In fact, Dr J should have installed one after the last fake and switch episode So much for being the smart mad scientist when his crew falls for the same trick twice.
Well, in both cases it didn't screw up his plans completely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
While it is sad such a defenseless and moe loli like Vivio got kidnaped, however it does give the chance for Nanoha and Fate to strengthen their bonds in time of crisis .
VERY important Friend... FRIEND...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty View Post
I suspect Scagletti's gonna use Vivio for something concerning destroying something...I was surprised at what happened to Subaru, that was unexpected. Her berserk mode scares me....now, I wonder what's gonna happen.....
The wings...

Say... there's a bluebird in the ending right...
Old 2007-07-23, 01:20   Link #195
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
*Signal you to cut me loose*
*cut's chaos loose* Now gief PM plx!

Quote:
Thanks.

I certainly do hope that things won't 'calm down' so to say, any more then neccisary. Too much calming down would not make sense, and get a filler like feeling.
Old 2007-07-23, 01:37   Link #196
Jimmy C

It's odd though, weren't the "wings" supposed to appear before the tower went down?
Old 2007-07-23, 01:40   Link #197
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Erm, YAH! Same reason as you ()
Ah... We're not alone. I was laughing at Regius all the way. His face made my day.

Nanoha was noticibly missing for the entire episode. That carrying Teana thing kept her busy. I'm sure if she was at any of the major plot turning events, it would've turned out otherwise. It's obvious what the creators are doing here.

Vivio's loss was... regrettable. But the thorn in the eye of the [deleted] is gone!

"Get ready men. It's going to be a wild night." - Leonidas
Old 2007-07-23, 01:44   Link #198
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
It's odd though, weren't the "wings" supposed to appear before the tower went down?
Well, I haven't watched the episode yet, but was the tower down? Is Ground Forces scattered, lost, and confuse without leaders?
Old 2007-07-23, 01:47   Link #199
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well should be interesting to see the aftermath. A lot of emotions are going to be flying around after all. Everyone will feel the loss of Vivio especially Nanoha and Fate. Zafira and Shamal got seriously injured out there. Eisen got busted up so Vita will be upset, and throw in Rein being hurt and it's a lot of drama there. Subaru of course being a cyborg, and the question of whether she was even aware of this could be a serious issue. Not to mention Ginga hurt and captured.

Signum upset she completely missed the actoin . But really Caro, Erio, and Teana will all probably feel that they couldn't do anything. Really the fact is they lost big time and no doubt next week is heavily going to be them trying to deal with this and plan their next move. Of course heavily will center on recovering Ginga and Vivio.

Was wondering how Chaos felt about mode 2 being a mass of boosters. Guess it's a way to fly without the magic and of course it didn't get used in a victory. Still felt a bit like Vita's rocket hammer move.
Old 2007-07-23, 01:52   Link #200
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Ah... We're not alone. I was laughing at Regius all the way. His face made my day.
Looking forward to it

Quote:
Nanoha was noticibly missing for the entire episode. That carrying Teana thing kept her busy. I'm sure if she was at any of the major plot turning events, it would've turned out otherwise. It's obvious what the creators are doing here.
What could she possibly be doing all that time

Quote:
Vivio's loss was... regrettable. But the thorn in the eye of the [deleted] is gone!

"Get ready men. It's going to be a wild night." - Leonidas
*Cough*

What the [What's your title again?] is trying to say is that Vivio serves her purpose to the plot better when she's GONE and AWAY FROM her mamas.

With RF6, she's just an accessory.
Closed Thread