AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-07-14, 22:45   Link #181
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Credit to Chiba Saeko 千葉紗子 for running two different voices in the same show. Some of Sae-chan's other roles: Yuki in .hack//Liminality, Natsuki in Mai-HiME, Natsuki in My-Otome, Momo in Peach Girl, Chika in Ichigo Mashimaro, Dokuro in Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan, Nina Einstein in Code Geass, Sakamoto in Strike Witches. She's 31 and she just got married a few months ago.
Yeah, she is Nina. Gahh....though I suppose that just proves her talent how I can go from utterly hating one character she portrays to loving one like Birdy.

Love those heels too! So far I'm enjoying this series. It's good fun.
Old 2008-07-15, 01:23   Link #182
ThoHell

This series is rather good. Good animation, good music, good development. Liking it, and definitely gonna keep track of it. Old series redone always seem to be good, like more thought went into making them. ANYWAYS, this should be a good series!
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 03:40   Link #183
lavarock
Busy wasting my time..:-(

best show of the season so far for me.

Last edited by lavarock; 2008-07-15 at 23:44.
lavarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 06:17   Link #184
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I quite like Chiba Saeko as Birdy/Shion. I didn't think i'd be this used to her by the second episode, because of how much i loved Kotono Mitsuishi as Birdy in the OVA. That's the sign of a great seiyuu.
Old 2008-07-15, 07:55   Link #185
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

For me, it's a tossup between Slayers Revolution, Mighty Birdy and Antique Bakery for the best new shows of the season.

Mighty Birdy reminds me a lot of Dirty Pair/FlashOVA shows in a way. Lots of super-cop antics + the weird future technology meshed in. It shows all of its age with its design, but it's just done so well, I think it's very likable. Now we just need more fanservice.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 10:50   Link #186
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

after watching ep 2 i noticed that the story is somewhat has been twisted from the ova( wish has its good and bad side)

but hell cant w8 for ep 3 haha many many many confusions hahahaha
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 12:10   Link #187
sikvod00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda1 View Post
2nd ep feels like it should, Birdy kicking ass and looking hot. I didn't realize how much I've missed this character.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickHopper View Post
Damn I'm definitely following this series. The way Shion talks is so cute. :3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
^ Yes! Definitely! ~de arimasu

Birdy is deadly but really cute and straight forward, I love her personality :3
Senkawa was already a painfully dull person to begin with. Now that he's paired up with such an awesome character like Birdy\Shion, I'm afraid he's going to look like a kill joy. The pairing is just so lopsided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
I want to turn the tomboy school friend into a real life girl. Hope that's not wrong.
Yep. <3 the cute, tomboy type. It doesn't hurt that her seiyuu also voices the delicious Amu in Shugo Chara.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 22:00   Link #188
FuzzyWuzzy

Just saw episode 2. Really great anime. It has the FLCL feel to it while having that super hero with a normal identity kind of feel to it like superman.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 10:20   Link #189
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
Just saw episode 2. Really great anime. It has the FLCL feel to it
Really you think it has FLCL feel? hum i would disagree but to each his own maybe its the animation. But Birdy has complete different feel than FLCL imo.

Episode 2 only reinforced that somethings are just as good the second time around if not better. Being a fan of the original series I would have to say the remake is off to a strong start with likable characters, catchy music and humor that hits in all the right place without going overboard, the animation is very easy to follow and very easy to follow. Birdy's character designs are very nice with bright and vibrant colors that set her aside from most other characters in the series. The fighting sequences are well done and just damn fun to watch each fight gets you excited and you have to love that overwhelming confidence border line arrogant attitude Birdy exudes during a fight. I love how she waits for an attack to get close then at the last second moves her head like saying "that was some weak shit, is that all you got"

The series will get more complicated as our two characters begin to meld into each other lives. Im hoping they integrate the kind of closeness the two develop in the original series as well the understanding between the two. Easily one of my favorite picks if not my favorite for the season.
Old 2008-07-16, 11:40   Link #190
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

My only beef so far is that the villains are very plain or just plain annoying. That parasite alien is not only getting on my nerves but just too creepy IMO. I wish Birdy just kills him dead.

Also, the ED is just amazing. Only two eps in and it's in my head. Afromania is quickly becoming one of my favorite J-Rock group.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 13:01   Link #191
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post

Also, the ED is just amazing. Only two eps in and it's in my head. Afromania is quickly becoming one of my favorite J-Rock group.
I am eagerly awaiting the OST release.
Old 2008-07-16, 13:14   Link #192
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I am eagerly awaiting the OST release.
Which is being released on September 24th.
Old 2008-07-16, 13:32   Link #193
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Which is being released on September 24th.
Just looked that up
Old 2008-07-16, 14:47   Link #194
FuzzyWuzzy

Now I know where I've seen that blue jellyfish like character in Birdy before.
The character strongly resembles the mechanic/scientist in gurren lagann in terms of looks, personality and the way they talk.
Old 2008-07-16, 16:49   Link #195
jlee

I enjoyed the first two episodes of this series.

Encouraged me to watch the oav. Found it enjoyable.

Hopefully the series will keep my attention for its duration.

Regarding Tute, I thought the same thing when I first saw him. "That's that guy from Gurren Laggan."
jlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 20:37   Link #196
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

now we know why he never ages, he is a alien.
Old 2008-07-17, 18:09   Link #197
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
The fighting sequences are well done and just damn fun to watch each fight gets you excited and you have to love that overwhelming confidence border line arrogant attitude Birdy exudes during a fight. I love how she waits for an attack to get close then at the last second moves her head like saying "that was some weak shit, is that all you got"
This is the exact reason birdy is so cool. She is so... diva like. Its like she has the same confidence of a woman who controls men, she knows she will get him, because men can not resist. Birdy is the same, but for fighting. *yawn* I have to paint my nails, could you please hurry and die??? Its so fantastic. And she is vicious too, didn't give a shit about the dying human, she just wanted melting zombie dude. If boring dude wouldn't have broken her concentration (which it looks like he's pretty good at doing) she would have smoked melting zombie dude. "so are you just going to let another human die???" "I would of... if you would of shut yer trap!" Man she is an interesting character. But I still like shion better. Her personality is too cute. Birdy is strong shion is cute.
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 18:21   Link #198
lavarock
Busy wasting my time..:-(

She's a nice person, she just easily got carried away in the heat of a battle....
I like her personality very much, not wimpy, determined and no-bull-sh!t attitude.
lavarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 14:18   Link #199
FuzzyWuzzy

Birdy looks like Yoko too from Gurren Lagann. They have similar looks.
Old 2008-07-18, 14:20   Link #200
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
Birdy looks like Yoko too from Gurren Lagann. They have similar looks.
You mean Yoko looks like Birdy. Birdy came first.

Tags
action, sci-fi