Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-25, 03:58   Link #2001
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I have a lot of low level shit for characters in the 10s and 20s that I kept for no reason. Upon learning that salvaging normal/nightmare items is worthless and you can't sell them for much gold I am just going to give them out. If for some reason you have a character there, just tell me and I'll inspect your things to see if I can improve them.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 04:04   Link #2002
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Mantra of Healing in inferno is useful for its 20% resist increase.
Not its actual Hps
Old 2012-05-25, 04:11   Link #2003
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I have a lot of low level shit for characters in the 10s and 20s that I kept for no reason. Upon learning that salvaging normal/nightmare items is worthless ...
Tell me about it >.>

After reading Skane's post I felt like my (virtual) life's work have been a waste... >.>
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 04:56   Link #2004
Skane
Anime Snark

Exclamation

Oh wow... soloing Hell is tonnes easier than public grouping...

Currently 13k DPS only, and when I get into groups of 3-4, it feels like cutting wood with a butterknife. I dunno... maybe the other people have low DPS?

Solo though... things just explode on contact. Currently solo farming on Hell-A4. I tried soloing because I gave up on trying to get a group with a non-afk Monk/Barbarian.

Not sure if I will continue to solo in Inferno.

ADD] Currently trying to set some time to level up my softcore Monk. There is a terrible lack of active melee players in public games, and all the good ones I befriended are currently in Inferno.

Cheers.
Old 2012-05-25, 06:41   Link #2005
Kyouka
Is Here

NUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AZMODAN runs got nerfed my easy 60 is killed now
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 06:50   Link #2006
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

I have a feeling that with group play, mob damage scaling is a bit off to the point that 2 friends and me each played through hell act 2 alone rather than together because it was so much easier solo. And yes, we we had a tank and alot of group synergy spells.

It's not like I want the group scaling to get nerfed, it'd be fine for me if solo play got more difficult, but when players feel punished for playing with their friends, instead of solo, something is wrong
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 07:00   Link #2007
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Tell me about it >.>

After reading Skane's post I felt like my (virtual) life's work have been a waste... >.>
Wasn't really a waste to me, i got a bunch of yellows with high stats and +magic find.
Old 2012-05-25, 07:45   Link #2008
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouka View Post
What did they do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
I have a feeling that with group play, mob damage scaling is a bit off to the point that 2 friends and me each played through hell act 2 alone rather than together because it was so much easier solo. And yes, we we had a tank and alot of group synergy spells.

It's not like I want the group scaling to get nerfed, it'd be fine for me if solo play got more difficult, but when players feel punished for playing with their friends, instead of solo, something is wrong
I thought damage didn't scale? As far as I know, only the mobs' health gets buffed, hence the butterknife cutting wood thingy. On solo, my Disintegrate is a beam of destruction and herald of end times. In Co-Op, it might as well be a chart-pointer.

~~~~ ~~~~

Encouraged by the results of solo play, I made a push to complete Hell Difficulty and finished up with minimal problems. Took a while before I remembered about getting a Follower though.

Currently in Inferno Act-1 and things seem promising. Taking my time to progress through the Act. Haven't gotten hit yet, so I dunno how's the damage so far.

Cheers.
Old 2012-05-25, 08:46   Link #2009
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
What did they do?

I thought damage didn't scale? As far as I know, only the mobs' health gets buffed, hence the butterknife cutting wood thingy. On solo, my Disintegrate is a beam of destruction and herald of end times. In Co-Op, it might as well be a chart-pointer.

~~~~ ~~~~

Encouraged by the results of solo play, I made a push to complete Hell Difficulty and finished up with minimal problems. Took a while before I remembered about getting a Follower though.

Currently in Inferno Act-1 and things seem promising. Taking my time to progress through the Act. Haven't gotten hit yet, so I dunno how's the damage so far.

Cheers.
According to the offcial strategy guide the "Monster DMG increase per additional player" is 0% in normal, 5% in nm, 10% in hell and 15% in inferno.

Here's a whole article about grp play. It was written before the actual game launch but the numbers from the strategy guide should still be correct: http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/com...alone-or-is-it
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 10:44   Link #2010
Tom Bombadil

Never though the "armor blocking" technique is so popular.

Original link

http://imgsrc.baidu.com/forum/pic/it...8ba71e46b6.jpg

People are using it to kill inferno ponies.

Last edited by Tom Bombadil; 2012-05-25 at 11:54.
Tom Bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 10:52   Link #2011
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Never though the "armor blocking" technique is so popular.

http://imgsrc.baidu.com/forum/pic/it...8ba71e46b6.jpg

People are using it to kill inferno ponies.
Edit: Nvm, finally got it to work.

So what exactly is going on here? Dropping shields on the ground and enemies can't get past them?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2012-05-25 at 11:14.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 11:42   Link #2012
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Edit: Nvm, finally got it to work.

So what exactly is going on here? Dropping shields on the ground and enemies can't get past them?
It is an exploit. You buy a certain specific type of armor from an NPC and use them to block the road. All the monsters in the pony land are melee, so once blocked, they are nothing but folder for ranged attacks. Some say that Blizzard has fixed the bug, but the poster says it still works. So I am not totally sure about the status of it now, but it should be fixed soon.

Edit: it is said that it has been fixed in the US server, and still working on the Asia server.

Last edited by Tom Bombadil; 2012-05-25 at 12:12.
Tom Bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 14:48   Link #2013
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Anybody play Diablo 3 on a mac and if you do have you had any problems with it..i.e. lag etc?
Old 2012-05-25, 16:59   Link #2014
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I don't play a DH, but couldn't you smoke shield and try to kill one before you run out?
With all the synergy, it shoud buy you 15 seconds or so to kill one.

After that? Well, you could always simply die and come back to kill one more.

All of us have types of elites that takes us numerous death to wear them down.
For us melee, "illusion knockback invulnerable minions" is pretty much throw our hands up in the air and give up.

Act IV Hell on monk here, probably gonna beat it tonight.
Instead of stacking VITs, I switched to stacking resist, and it's going much, much smoother.
I have about 300 resist to all, which cuts damage by half by itself, before even considering the armor and 30% melee bonus.
Only 26k health, but this feels a LOT more suvivable than when I had 30k health and less resist.

Just like how in D2 you HAD to have resist high in later difficulties. It's a Diablo tradition.
I'm slowly but surely getting better at killing them; largely all due to increasing focus on things like crit chance, crit damage, speed, and other little things like long range globe pickup.

I pretty much look at it like this: if I have a tactical advantage in terrain then sure I'll kill it. If I don't have a tactical advantage over it then I'll just bypass it. I have something like 100% magic find and honestly those are barely worth my time. If you can't bypass it just lure it out until you can.

I found open areas to be advantageous for most mobs; depending on mob's ability and/or inert ability some terrain pieces might be required like easy to circle terrain blockers.

As DH I think the cathedral style corridors are pretty shitty. Caves are pretty good on the other hand, just because they're so narrow you can fear-cheeze your way to victory. Open areas are also great; especially against pesky wallers.

Currently running this build...
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...RgT!gTe!YbZbZZ

Suggestions welcome. (though I think Hell and beyond it's mostly item build )
Old 2012-05-25, 19:39   Link #2015
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouka View Post
Inferno?

Hell Azmodan valor x 5 runs are easy as cake still.
Old 2012-05-25, 21:44   Link #2016
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
I'm slowly but surely getting better at killing them; largely all due to increasing focus on things like crit chance, crit damage, speed, and other little things like long range globe pickup.

I pretty much look at it like this: if I have a tactical advantage in terrain then sure I'll kill it. If I don't have a tactical advantage over it then I'll just bypass it. I have something like 100% magic find and honestly those are barely worth my time. If you can't bypass it just lure it out until you can.

I found open areas to be advantageous for most mobs; depending on mob's ability and/or inert ability some terrain pieces might be required like easy to circle terrain blockers.

As DH I think the cathedral style corridors are pretty shitty. Caves are pretty good on the other hand, just because they're so narrow you can fear-cheeze your way to victory. Open areas are also great; especially against pesky wallers.

Currently running this build...
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...RgT!gTe!YbZbZZ

Suggestions welcome. (though I think Hell and beyond it's mostly item build )
Interesting build, gonna try out evasive fire tonight. I've mainly overlooked it for Devouring Arrow+Ball of Lightning+Caltrops with Steady Aim and Cull the Weak.

Although I am not in Hell yet, what is your opinion on ball of lightning rune for Elemental Arrow once one gets to hell mode? Right now I am finding it one of the most useful AOE spells out there. Low hatred cost and the large cone of reach makes it my bread and butter for the moment alongside Impale with Impact for emergency stuns.

I am amazed you can get by without Vault, Caltrops, or Smokescreen. I am guessing Screaming Arrow must proc a lot.

edit: This may seem like a strange suggestion, but have you tried Rain of Vengeance with Stampede? For close quarters like in the Cathedral corridors its seems rather valuable.

Last edited by Nixl; 2012-05-25 at 22:28.
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 00:16   Link #2017
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Just debuted in Inferno.
So far, not too bad. I know all hell breaks loose in Act 2, but so far in Act 1, it's somewhat managable even as a melee.
I mean sure, you die a LOT on the way, but why would you expect anything less?

Certain elite combinations seems impossible, but that's to be expected.
From all the whining and horror stories of "melee can't take a single hit from anything this game sux" are greatly exaggerated.
Old 2012-05-26, 03:23   Link #2018
Aesthetic Shampoo

I just debuted as a barbarian in normal, and i must be the only person to die so much Why is this happening?
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 04:20   Link #2019
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Interesting build, gonna try out evasive fire tonight. I've mainly overlooked it for Devouring Arrow+Ball of Lightning+Caltrops with Steady Aim and Cull the Weak.

Although I am not in Hell yet, what is your opinion on ball of lightning rune for Elemental Arrow once one gets to hell mode? Right now I am finding it one of the most useful AOE spells out there. Low hatred cost and the large cone of reach makes it my bread and butter for the moment alongside Impale with Impact for emergency stuns.

I am amazed you can get by without Vault, Caltrops, or Smokescreen. I am guessing Screaming Arrow must proc a lot.

edit: This may seem like a strange suggestion, but have you tried Rain of Vengeance with Stampede? For close quarters like in the Cathedral corridors its seems rather valuable.
You mean "Lightning Bolts"? It's a stun. Okey here's the thing, I actually played really really heavy stun pre-Hell. But the moment you walk into Hell you find out stun has become this stat that just doesn't work anymore. Essentially it doesn't work on elites (at least for me it felt like it only procs 20% of the time it used to), perma stun is almost non-existent; it might be that the balance just changed but anything to do with stun doesn't seem to be able to kill elites. Of course it works on normal mobs but it's pretty irrelevant to stun normal mobs in Hell. My screaming skull for example one-shots normal mobs; with the exception of fatties which just run away. And you have to one-shot or you die. It's killed or be killed. Fear seems to work fine on elites too. So if you get into an advantageous position and don't forget your bat, you can just spam it.

Now about Vault. Vault currently has a problem, evasive fire isn't perfect either but it has a really fast animation. Basically when you vault your character isn't moving until you've actually reached your destination, so for me for example vault in the middle of elites equals rolling forward and exploding. In addition I've seen videos of people playing DH and using Vault and honestly when I use it there seems to be a .8s delay before it initiates... which is pretty damn huge.

Evasive fire on the other hand is great for several reasons. First off, I don't have to move my damn mouse in the opposite direction and you often want to just go in the opposite direction (because there's fire, damage pits and lazors where the elites are coming from). The time you take to move the mouse is time you get killed in. Secondly I also like it because it's not a projectile base. But the main reason should be that it does the same damn thing as Vault with half discipline! It's not that hard to move and shoot it at an advantage and I've found it a lot easier (with practice) to use over vault -- again the reasonable animation helps a lot (might be I just lag on vault though).

Smokescreen lasts at most 1.5s now with the duration rune, 1s with out (tooltip has not been updated). SS wasted too much discipline to be viable IMO (I have 38 desc BTW and that build manages it pretty well). Shadow power is the way to go. Basically I have something like 16k hp and hit mobs for at the very least 17k+ damage so when I spam impale with this on it's a sort of invulnerability mode since I just heal damage faster the they do it to me (and they do it pretty damn fast). It's basically what I use against certain jailer situations or in a pinch when I need heal (pot and prep being on cooldown). With my disc I can spam it maybe 3 times for 9s of kind of invulnerable but not really. It's especially good on bosses just to get that HP back so you don't get oneshotted by a missclick/lag. Very indecisive on whether 30% life leaching is better then the 20% leech / 65% damage reduction version.

Caltrops. Elites don't care about it. Normal mobs should die in 1, 2 hits or you're in trouble. Really really heavy disc spender. I've used it, but it's too fiddly, very easy to waste your disc. Also the immobilization one seems to be the most effective, tried just about all except the damage one.

And yes I have tried rain of vengence. It's good when you don't have the damage yet to oneshot things and need that extra area damage to help out with swarms. It's cooldown so yeah pretty decent, used it with Anathema or whatever. It's one of my options for my Shadow Power slot (the only one with some options to it), the other option being Mines (used long fuse with relative success before; probably go with Scatter now that I have the level for it).
Old 2012-05-26, 05:15   Link #2020
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssTEss View Post
I just debuted as a barbarian in normal, and i must be the only person to die so much Why is this happening?
I died a lot too when i first started a barbarian. Got a lot better once i gotten Revenge for healing. Still, compare to my monk, my barbarian feels weaker in terms of defense. Probably just havent found a good combination of skill for my part.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler