AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-10-03, 18:31   Link #21061
GrimJack

I just read that Cantonese is the official language of Hong Kong so it most likely is best translated as FongFong Wong as it is pronounced that way in Cantonese but either is correct. It is the problem of having two + languages in a country both using the same script, it depends on who romanizes it ha ha
Old 2011-10-04, 02:02   Link #21062
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Summary courtesy of raptorfalcon:

Spoiler for ch.46 S2 summary:
Spoiler for 46:

Last edited by Alhazad2003; 2011-10-04 at 20:16.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 02:10   Link #21063
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Spoiler for 46:
My thoughts exactly.

Thanks to Ruby's masochistic ways she can resist pain. Funny and disturbing at the same time.
Old 2011-10-04, 02:33   Link #21064
Chris38

Spoiler for 46:
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 02:52   Link #21065
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Spoiler for 46:
Spoiler for 46:
Old 2011-10-04, 04:46   Link #21066
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Tsukune VS Miyabi first before rescuing Moka.
Old 2011-10-04, 07:50   Link #21067
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
With the kind of person Miyabi is i'm beginning to wonder if him and Tsukune will have a rematch.
Old 2011-10-04, 09:34   Link #21068
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Hmmm I wonder if Tsukune is powerfull enough.... Miyabi is able to stand up to Gyokuro and has Kiria and Hokuto as his underlings also he is the head of section 1. I am doubtful that Tsukune's group is gonna fight him. I personally think section 1 is going to be the next enemy to beat (considering they planted that egg thing at the snow village and also want moka for their own purposes).

I have no idea though if Tsukune and Moka will be reunited or not and whether it'll be for a longer period or shortlived. It is something to look forward to.
And ofcourse if Tsukune's blood has remained as delicious as before (it is the series greatest mystery)

Also I really like the way Ikeda has set up the story. He has focussed both on the current and upcoming story/battle so there's loads to discuss and to look forward to.
If only we could read about it now.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 11:45   Link #21069
Tachibana
タチバナ

Tsukune and Moka will definitely have their reunion nothing will keep those two apart, it's just a matter of time.

Tsukune is stronger than Kiria and Hokuto no doubts there, however, Miyabi, Akua and Gyokuro are the three big problems here though there are the leaders of Fairytale's subdivisions as well, but the girls and Fong Fong will take care of them, reinforcements probably won't start arriving until it is around time for Tsukune to finally do battle.

Raika is already down that leaves 4 to go excluding Miyabi because he will be a different case than the others and as for Kahlua i also excluded her because i am unsure of where her allegiance will lie, but she might start making her move when the situation between Tsukune's side and Gyokuro's side becomes desperate, however with the feelings for not only Moka but for Kokoa as well, i believe she will support Tsukune's side, but she is definitely one of the ones more proned to join Tsukune's cause anyway, with Kahlua's encounter with Kokoa and Ruby in the Snow Village that is evidence of this.
Old 2011-10-04, 12:09   Link #21070
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

My biggest disdain with a Tsukune versus Miyabi match is that assuming Miyabi pulls of a serious battle against Tsukune, it would leave Tsukune more or less youki-drained (by whatever amount it may be) for the clash against Akua and her Jigentou, unless Tsukune has reached such a degree of physical heights where he can overpower Miyabi without spending Youki.

As for now Miyabi's whole division is a huge grey sector within Fairy Tail due to the in-manga mentioned inner opposition or something like that against Gyokuro. I would love to see Sun again, but I assume she's best when she teams up with someone (like Gin or the karate guy) as too much strain of her voice is bad for her.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 14:08   Link #21071
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
My biggest disdain with a Tsukune versus Miyabi match is that assuming Miyabi pulls of a serious battle against Tsukune, it would leave Tsukune more or less youki-drained (by whatever amount it may be) for the clash against Akua and her Jigentou, unless Tsukune has reached such a degree of physical heights where he can overpower Miyabi without spending Youki.

As for now Miyabi's whole division is a huge grey sector within Fairy Tail due to the in-manga mentioned inner opposition or something like that against Gyokuro. I would love to see Sun again, but I assume she's best when she teams up with someone (like Gin or the karate guy) as too much strain of her voice is bad for her.
That's only if he challenges him before he reaches Moka. The way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if taking down the other subdivision leaders was exactly what Miyabe wants; eliminating the competition so the only the authority remaining in Fairy Tale is his. Of course he knows he'll have to eliminate Gyokuro, highly unlikely he can do so on his own.

If anything, I'd imagine he'd challenge a youki-drained Tsukune after he's defeated Akuha and rescued Moka. Why take unnecessary risks? If he's in on the scam, I'd imagine this would be his most likely course of action. Either that, or let Kiria and Hokuto "liberate" her. Can't wait to find out for sure. Until then...

Last edited by Alhazad2003; 2011-10-04 at 20:15.
Old 2011-10-04, 14:16   Link #21072
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
Tsukune and Moka will definitely have their reunion nothing will keep those two apart, it's just a matter of time.

Tsukune is stronger than Kiria and Hokuto no doubts there, however, Miyabi, Akua and Gyokuro are the three big problems here though there are the leaders of Fairytale's subdivisions as well, but the girls and Fong Fong will take care of them, reinforcements probably won't start arriving until it is around time for Tsukune to finally do battle.
Hmmmm I have to disagree with you on the Kiria part.... There's something fishy about him. Remember when he was kicked by Moka.... he never showed any damage and also remember when he snuck up on Fuhai Touhou. That together with his love for battle and his attitude just reeks of being stronger then he appears.
Old 2011-10-04, 14:54   Link #21073
Tachibana
タチバナ

Remember back in season 1, Kiria held Moka hostage while Tsukune and Hokuto were fighting, when Moka ripped her seal off by force to free Ura-Moka, she easily overpowered Kiria with a single kick, so it's indeed safe to say he is one of the weaker opponents, but probably will become a problem in this arc though.
Old 2011-10-04, 15:11   Link #21074
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
Remember back in season 1, Kiria held Moka hostage while Tsukune and Hokuto were fighting, when Moka ripped her seal off by force to free Ura-Moka, she easily overpowered Kiria with a single kick, so it's indeed safe to say he is one of the weaker opponents, but probably will become a problem in this arc though.
What's to say he didn't want to be kicked....
He was interested in her from the start.
When he got kicked by her he might have realized her true potential or it might just have been a test for him to know how strong he himself is.
I don't know why but whay I do know is that when he showed up again he had no injuries whatsover.
So no I have yet to see his weakness.
Old 2011-10-04, 18:53   Link #21075
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Finished volume six tonight. I had planned on spreading it out.. but you all know how that works out, haha.

Turns out Ikeda had planned those silly chapters to provide contrast for the future drama. He said it was meant to be looked back on by the characters. And the extras at the end of the volume were excellent this time around. It addressed the character designs not being moe so we got to see moe versions of the girls, pretty funny.
Old 2011-10-04, 20:25   Link #21076
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
What's to say he didn't want to be kicked....
He was interested in her from the start.
When he got kicked by her he might have realized her true potential or it might just have been a test for him to know how strong he himself is.
I don't know why but whay I do know is that when he showed up again he had no injuries whatsover.
So no I have yet to see his weakness.
Well, when he showed up again he probably healed his injuries by that time before him and Hokuto left Youkai Academy, because thats the last time he was seen along with Hokuto until chapter 28 of season II, besides his role is more of that of a subordinate than anyone who actually poses a threat to Tsukune and the gang, however, just because he has yet to show his true power doesn't mean hes a strong enemy, sure this is typical for strong laid-back opponents like Miyabi for example, it doesn't mean this logic applies to Kiria, we do not have enough evidence to support how strong Kiria really is, so waiting and seeing is all we can do.

In my opinion, i don't really see Kiria becoming any kind of serious threat nor do i think he is very strong either, but in this current Arc, i believe he will become a problem that will need to be dealt with.
Old 2011-10-04, 22:10   Link #21077
tomboy8888
Bloody Vampire Lover

About Kiria -

We know he showed a strong interest in vampires in general, as well as Moka in particular. quote-I've always wanted to meet a vampire.

He has given his blood to Hokuto, a human.

He is of quite likely of mixed ancestry. Don't humans given the blood of ayashi take on the traits of their host? Remember Hokuto in full battlemode? Looked rather like a dragon to me...

My thought is that Kiria is probably a mix of Dragon and Vampire (potentially a very strong crossing!). Don't ask me about the ratios - while half and half would make him a true Damphire, I don't expect anything quite so neat.

This would also explain why the two of them were so interested in vampires - if they already carry vampire blood, it should not be as much of a problem if they happen to aquire more.

Of course, I also think Shinso would be just a little too strong for them to handle!

Just some of what has been percolating thoiugh my head about those two...
Old 2011-10-04, 22:25   Link #21078
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Iam pretty sure later on Tsukune is the one gonna trigger the awakening of Alucard not Moka.
Old 2011-10-04, 23:05   Link #21079
Johnny
Working the bags...

Yeah, my money is on Tsukune raging over something and triggering his new look and Alucard...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 23:47   Link #21080
Chris38

Except that Ikeda could always put some plot twists that would change how we look at the matter of Alucard, after all, we don't know how Ikeda is going to continue developing this particular plot point.

Still, I agree that Tsukune is more susceptible on being the one who is going to awaken Alucard, due to the fact that he has less control over his Shinso power's compared to Moka, but because of that, I wouldn't put it past Tohou Fuhai to put some counter measures that would prevent Tsukune from awakening Alucard, even if he loses control over his powers - since, I doubt that Tohou Fuhai would allow Tsukune to rescue Moka if it contained even a small risk that Alucard would be awaken.

Now, it's certain that sooner or later Alucard is going to be awakened, but I don't think it's going to occur in the current arc.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire