AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2006-08-18, 06:36   Link #2101
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theclow
Uhh isen't there soposta be 4 "*" I count five.
Maybe it's an exclamation mark.

Of course, you don't censor exclamation marks but he sounds pretty aggressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeLegend

lmao
Funny animated gif, by the way.
Maxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 08:37   Link #2102
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker
Yea, she did in the latest comiket.
Haruhi looks more like Mayumi to me.

Also at the comiket:

And a rare Emiri pic.
Bunnysuit too. :x

@K. Yamato

Oooo... nice!
But shouldn't the *cough*pantsu*cough* be white? :x
OMFG, Nishimata Aoi's Haruhi doujin. She's even drawn Shana as well.

You know you could've made a fortune if you bought a few more copies and sold them off eBay.

LOL. Haruhi getting arrested for making indecent material. I'm guessing this is the last page of a hentai doujin with lots of Mikuru molestation in it?
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 08:42   Link #2103
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

OMG! So Moe~

Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 09:47   Link #2104
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
WOw O_o
Riker, you know what is this game?
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 10:15   Link #2105
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo
WOw O_o
Riker, you know what is this game?
Graffiti Kingdom 2

You can draw a character, choose the attack then play as him/her/it.
Old 2006-08-18, 10:30   Link #2106
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Wow Cool
If i find it on Best Seller Price
I may buy it
Thanks
Old 2006-08-18, 10:38   Link #2107
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo
Wow Cool
If i find it on Best Seller Price
I may buy it
Thanks
You can look for Graffiti Kingdom 1.
It's translated to english, I think.
http://ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-2/magic-pengel-2/

But I guess the drawing tools are better in Graffiti Kingdom 2.
Old 2006-08-18, 15:14   Link #2108
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi
http://www.geocities.jp/ynus_ss/flash/tyuru_clock.html

Tsuruya-polka clock.

I found this on the Naruto-fan forums.

All right, I need to know what that background song is!
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 15:48   Link #2109
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07
All right, I need to know what that background song is!
"Ievan Polkka" by Loituma.
And if you guys haven't found out yet, you can click the words near the bottom for a high pitch version of the song.

I also posted the Ryoko version in the Suzumiya Haruhi Music Videos thread. :x
Old 2006-08-18, 15:56   Link #2110
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
"Ievan Polkka" by Loituma.
And if you guys haven't found out yet, you can click the words near the bottom for a high pitch version of the song.

I also posted the Ryoko version in the Suzumiya Haruhi Music Videos thread. :x
aieeeee, I had my sound turned off the first time I looked at it ....

What an infectious little ditty .... .... edit: the high pitched version is like having screws fired into the brain..... it doesn't quite hurt but things stop working in a bad way.
Old 2006-08-18, 19:54   Link #2111
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Quote:
OMG! So Moe~

Ok that makes me whant to learn how to read japanese and get graffiti kingdom 2
P.S i have Graffiti kingdom 1 and I'm guessing the tools are pry better or i hope so :P
Theclow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 21:28   Link #2112
Aiya Kasai

Quote:
Originally Posted by saner
Why do you mean to terrify me? These girls are so ugly.

I think that maybe in HEAVEN I will meet Rin or Saber and we will be happy together Now, it isn't possible that anyone can look as gorgeous as any character in anime, why do they try? Do they want to terrify me?

Woa...

Let's see you cosplay and look as good as these girls...and seeing the fact that most of the people on here are guys...

why don't you go and try and be a male character and let us see it? If you can look just like an anime character than what you just said is justified....but if you can't...then put a foot in your mouth.

Girls don't look like anime girls.

Guys do not look like anime guys.

Live with it, and don't be rude.

p.s (not to this person): The Yuki is cute =3.
Aiya Kasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 21:43   Link #2113
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiya Kasai
Let's see you cosplay and look as good as these girls...and seeing the fact that most of the people on here are guys...

why don't you go and try and be a male character and let us see it? If you can look just like an anime character than what you just said is justified....but if you can't...then put a foot in your mouth.

Girls don't look like anime girls.

Guys do not look like anime guys.

Live with it, and don't be rude.
Well.. I'll stick myself out again.

The guy may have had a harsh opinion with some biting words but I don't see why you should have posted in that manner in return. You accuse him of being rude and yet you mock him and challenge him to look as good as them.. hardly gracious. Don't expect manners on the net; although it is admittedly pleasant you must be some sort of dogmatic moron to demand manners from others.

Plus, I don't see why someone cannot criticize another just because the critic cannot create the artiste's work. Some overzealous AIR fans used this defence against critcism of AIR (if you can do better, go do it!! if not stfu!!!).. this is most ridiculous. It's like a handicapped person without arms can never criticize or talk about another person's art. Or a person without a voice can never critcize poor singing. You just need to stop to realize how stupid this sort of argument is.

I appreciate that people want to build a more harmonious/polite (at least on the surface) forum, but these very people exercise a suprising amount of venom to ostracize who they don't like. In the end, they are no better save for being the majority.. many pots calling the kettle black.

In line with the topic though, the girls aren't fantastic looking. The Haruhi looks suspiciousllllyy pale, but I suspect she'll look much better in real life.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 23:46   Link #2114
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I always recommend people play to their strengths when cosplaying ... if you're 300 pounds for god's sake don't dress up as Chiyo-chan or the rest of us may have to set you on fire (especially if you're a guy).
No matter how cute I'd like to be, I'm better off dressing as a barbarian escaped from those Capital One credit card commercials. I am not nor will ever be "bishie". Now my *sons* can pull bishie mode ... but they got nicer genes from their mother. Their japanese mother may *act* like some combination of Hazuki-chan and Haruhi but she knows better than to dress as them --- she *looks* like a fairly tanned petite polynesian island girl so she's better off as Shinobu's island "twin sister" or Kagura from Azumanga.

I don't see anything wrong with insisting people not behave poorly or rudely but it is an admittedly tough line not to end up being annoying yourself. A forum is like a pub conversation metaphor --- someone walks in spewing profanity, calling names, or being a putz should expect to be dressed down. Elsewise, I agree the "try it yourself" tack is useless as a talking point in that instance. I'm more concerned about someone saying real girls don't measure up to animated drawings ... something Darwinian going on there

"the girls aren't fantastic looking" is kind of a backhanded slap comment itself. They're attractive and cute rather than plastic glamourized beauty queens. The Haruhi model was photographed in mostly fluorescent light which screws up anyone's skintone -- I suspect she doesn't tan much though. As I've said before, some of the cutest girls ever just do not photograph well.

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-08-18 at 23:58.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-18, 23:48   Link #2115
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-19, 00:42   Link #2116
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend
http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?i...jyoker3tz4.jpg

hmmm such memoriable memories...
And if anyone mistaken them as any Shuffle! character, please, it might just be a coincidence.
SnakeLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-19, 00:50   Link #2117
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeLegend
http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?i...jyoker3tz4.jpg

hmmm such memoriable memories...
And if anyone mistaken them as any Shuffle! character, please, it might just be a coincidence.
I mistake Primula for Nadeisco's Ruri Hoshino on a daily basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
I always recommend people play to their strengths when cosplaying ... if you're 300 pounds for god's sake don't dress up as Chiyo-chan or the rest of us may have to set you on fire (especially if you're a guy).
No matter how cute I'd like to be, I'm better off dressing as a barbarian escaped from those Capital One credit card commercials. I am not nor will ever be "bishie". Now my *sons* can pull bishie mode ... but they got nicer genes from their mother. Their japanese mother may *act* like some combination of Hazuki-chan and Haruhi but she knows better than to dress as them --- she *looks* like a fairly tanned petite polynesian island girl so she's better off as Shinobu's island "twin sister" or Kagura from Azumanga.

I don't see anything wrong with insisting people not behave poorly or rudely but it is an admittedly tough line not to end up being annoying yourself. A forum is like a pub conversation metaphor --- someone walks in spewing profanity, calling names, or being a putz should expect to be dressed down. Elsewise, I agree the "try it yourself" tack is useless as a talking point in that instance. I'm more concerned about someone saying real girls don't measure up to animated drawings ... something Darwinian going on there

"the girls aren't fantastic looking" is kind of a backhanded slap comment itself. They're attractive and cute rather than plastic glamourized beauty queens. The Haruhi model was photographed in mostly fluorescent light which screws up anyone's skintone -- I suspect she doesn't tan much though. As I've said before, some of the cutest girls ever just do not photograph well.
Well there's not many people you can do my friend if your 48 as people older than 20 (parents anyone?) often don't even exist in anime. I guess you could do some villains, older people are always villains right. My friend put it that if he were in an anime the characters would probably be calling him Oyaji. He also added that we all know anime characters reach there sexual prime at the age of 10 and by the age of 20 your old and useless, but thats an entirely different and somewhat creepy story. Me at the age of 21 I would probably be some sort of mentor figure that gets killed off right at the beginning because "I'm ooooooooold, today's youth has no use for old farts like me".

In conclusion:

10 and under = Untouchable asskicking loli heroine (Right Bower)
15-16 = Common hero character, unlike the asskicking loli who's already unstoppable they have to train a bit, go figure. (Lower tier Trump)
17-19 = Mature Hero character, usually he can kick ass but not as much as 10 year old unstoppable loli. (Left Bower)
20-50 = Old Fart: Whoa gettin old there boy, not as spry as we used to be, better start training the next generation of heroes before, oops you got killed off oh well. (Regular Card)
50+ = Evil supervillain bent on destroying the world, he also is more spry and dangerous than 20 Year Old Fart (High Trump)

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2006-08-19 at 01:03.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-19, 02:10   Link #2118
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmmmm, sounds like I should take a refresher course in the Evil Supervillain specialty so I get bumped off in a spectacular way instead of getting "redshirted" as an Old Fart so that the hero has his motivation.

Most of my experience in cosplay is at the old Trek conventions where I usually played a dangerous older Klingon ... I could probably do a really seedy Van Helsing (big hat and trenchcoat style).

edit: ah.. there WAS that admiral in the Nanoha A series... but I'd have to recruit two scrumptious catgirls to be my sidekicks. A sacrifice but I'd do it.... not cutting my hair though, I'd have to tie it back.
Old 2006-08-19, 05:32   Link #2119
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Haruhi's Cars

Some Deja vu Pics and New.

Last edited by IchiKyo; 2006-08-19 at 06:01.
Old 2006-08-19, 07:53   Link #2120
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend
lol,
Itsuki as Vam in MGS2? XD
SnakeLegend is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
images