AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-08-03, 23:18   Link #2161
Skuizaan

Don't be, Kaito. I've read just about all of yours and Vanant's chapters, and they appear to be quite well done. Outside of the few lines you've ad-libbed when necessary, (and where you've provided the kana line as reference) I don't see a problem with the quality of translation at all. Comparatively it feels your sentences and dialogue are more compact and succinct than my own, which are a bit particle and adverb heavy.

Vanant also. The way he handled v6's side story is incredibly well done. More than the other chapters, that particular one felt alive as I read it.

And ~10% error. Even with a machine's help, that's rather impressive. That's already better than Crunchyroll...
Skuizaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 23:33   Link #2162
Ahou
Worshipper of 3 Goddesses

Hey Kaito, I'm doing editing for vol 9, as I said in my last post and I have a question.

Is the line "The abundant Asura is far from the Magic Continent, there are few with the radical idea of rejecting the Magic race." supposed to be a few or just few? because that can change the whole meaning of the sentence lol

I fell like it should be "a few" but I'm not too sure if you missed an a or not

edit: this is vol 9 chapter 1 btw

also should i send pm's for these things?

Last edited by Ahou; 2014-08-03 at 23:47.
Ahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 23:47   Link #2163
Kaito Yamakage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahou View Post
Hey Kaito, I'm doing editing for vol 9, as I said in my last post and I have a question.

Is the line "The abundant Asura is far from the Magic Continent, there are few with the radical idea of rejecting the Magic race." supposed to be a few or just few? because that can change the whole meaning of the sentence lol

I fell like it should be "a few" but I'm not too sure if you missed an a or not

edit: this is vol 9 chapter 1 btw
You can sort of tell from how its worded, but that line was worded kind of difficult in the original text.

The way I took it was that "within Asura Kingdom, there are few people generally who have extremist ideals/views on the Magic Race as an enemy"

Though many of them teach stories of fear of the Supard to their children as bedtime stories or might look at Magic Race people funny (they do have horse heads after all), few outright reject them to the point of pitchforks and rock throwing.
Kaito Yamakage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 23:50   Link #2164
Ahou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaito Yamakage View Post
You can sort of tell from how its worded, but that line was worded kind of difficult in the original text.

The way I took it was that "within Asura Kingdom, there are few people generally who have extremist ideals/views on the Magic Race as an enemy"

Though many of them teach stories of fear of the Supard to their children as bedtime stories or might look at Magic Race people funny (they do have horse heads after all), few outright reject them to the point of pitchforks and rock throwing.
So then it should be "a few" right? because "few" in this case would mean there aren't many people that have radical ideas while "a few" would mean there are a few people who have those ideas.
Old 2014-08-04, 00:01   Link #2165
Kaito Yamakage

Quote:
So then it should be "a few" right? because "few" in this case would mean there aren't many people that have radical ideas while "a few" would mean there are a few people who have those ideas.
The way "extreme" works in this case is that generally everyone has some amount of aversion to the Magic Race.

Basically everyone in Buena village felt that at first, but gradually they accepted it and there ended up being none with the "extreme" view of total rejection.

To that end, you'd have to define few in regards to there actually being people who completely can't accept the views or not...

It's like trying to define exactly what % of extreme republicans in the US can be considered extreme.

Beyond that I don't really care either way, you can add it if you think it sounds better or not I have absolutely no idea which way is more correct since it's vague from the start.

Luckily there is no Tea Party in Asura Kingdom and no person in specific is ever mentioned, so I'd say few.
Old 2014-08-04, 00:06   Link #2166
Ahou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaito Yamakage View Post
The way "extreme" works in this case is that generally everyone has some amount of aversion to the Magic Race.

Basically everyone in Buena village felt that at first, but gradually they accepted it and there ended up being none with the "extreme" view of total rejection.

To that end, you'd have to define few in regards to there actually being people who completely can't accept the views or not...

It's like trying to define exactly what % of extreme republicans in the US can be considered extreme.

Beyond that I don't really care either way, you can add it if you think it sounds better or not I have absolutely no idea which way is more correct since it's vague from the start.

Luckily there is no Tea Party in Asura Kingdom and no person in specific is ever mentioned, so I'd say few.
Ah, so that is what you mean by few. I think there is a better way to put it but I can't think of it atm so I will leave it as is... well if I think of it while editing, i'll change it but thanks for clearing that up

And btw should i just pm you about stuff like this?
Old 2014-08-04, 00:12   Link #2167
Kaito Yamakage

Quote:
Ah, so that is what you mean by few. I think there is a better way to put it but I can't think of it atm so I will leave it as is... well if I think of it while editing, i'll change it but thanks for clearing that up

And btw should i just pm you about stuff like this?
That works.
Old 2014-08-04, 03:29   Link #2168
Dowaray

that’s not it, they usually practicing battle against Lion in nude while shouting 「Tiger is stronger than Lion!」.tiger mask reference
Dowaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-04, 03:31   Link #2169
real123

Spoiler:
real123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-04, 03:36   Link #2170
Dormouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by real123 View Post
Spoiler:
Tempted to answer
Spoiler:
Dormouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-04, 06:20   Link #2171
Rahuman
Masked Reader

since Kaito and Vanant will jump straight to vol 13, can someone summarized vol 12 ?
I want to know what happen in each of the chapter.
Rahuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-04, 06:35   Link #2172
PuddingGod
Despair's event horizon

So I checked BT registration and apparently nobody is doing volume 12, which is a shame since I hear it's the volume where Elinalize's character gets developed.
PuddingGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-04, 06:39   Link #2173
merpati

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingGod View Post
So I checked BT registration and apparently nobody is doing volume 12, which is a shame since I hear it's the volume where Elinalize's character gets developed.
maybe because that is the reason?
merpati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-04, 06:44   Link #2174
Dormouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahuman View Post
since Kaito and Vanant will jump straight to vol 13, can someone summarized vol 12 ?
I want to know what happen in each of the chapter.
I can't remember the chapters exactly, but it goes like this

Spoiler:

Also I don't remember any development of Elinalise lol.
Dormouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-04, 07:54   Link #2175
Nihgthawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingGod View Post
Its not that nobody is doing it its just that no one has registered to do it yet. Just give it some time and I am sure someone will pick it up.
Nihgthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-04, 08:01   Link #2176
real123

Can someone tell about what happens on volume 18
also does rudi ever kill in the current timeline
real123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-04, 08:45   Link #2177
Nihgthawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner0 View Post

I wouldn't dare to put them up in BT since it's my first time translating japanese.
Read this it was posted a few weeks back and it is mostly readable.

Also I think we will see another turning point chapter in either volume 20 or 21 they seem to happen about every 50 chapters or so and we are nearing that point again. I am not even going to try to think what the turning point could be however, they have almost all been such curve balls that there is no way to predict them.
Spoiler for Truing point incident list:

Last edited by Nihgthawk; 2014-08-04 at 09:03.
Nihgthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-04, 09:22   Link #2178
toujouten
Denizen of Paradox Spiral

After I read 109.5. I feel sorry for Ober/Auber. No one remember him. lol
toujouten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-04, 09:33   Link #2179
Ahou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dormouse View Post
I can't remember the chapters exactly, but it goes like this

Spoiler:

Also I don't remember any development of Elinalise lol.
Man... how could forget about the Dodoria's trying to suck the essence of men ;<

DID THAT PAINT A HORRIBLE PICTURE IN YOUR MIND!!? CAUSE IT DID FOR ME!! LOLOLOL
Old 2014-08-04, 09:48   Link #2180
kagato3

Quote:
Man... how could forget about the Dodoria's trying to suck the essence of men ;<

DID THAT PAINT A HORRIBLE PICTURE IN YOUR MIND!!? CAUSE IT DID FOR ME!! LOLOLOL
But Dodoria is the most beautiful and fertile woman form her planet. So it completely fits
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate world, fantasy, gods, harem, incest, og isekai, polygamy, reincarnation, seinen, time travel, true harem, webnovel