AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 8 17.02%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 14.89%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 40.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 12.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 12.77%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.13%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-30, 00:15   Link #201
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Actually he did NOT make Ginga and Subaru

the episode confirms that they were designed by an unknown person
The numbers were based on Ginga and Subaru.

As I said before, Megaman X theory. Ginga and Subaru are the originals. Numbers are reverse engineered descendents

And Ginga and Subaru definitely know about their own bodies and past
Well, while it's true that he didn't create them, wasn't he the one who (( once again )) was the baseliner for man-machine hybrid technology of Sentoukijins?

Funny how his "developed baselines" all get exploited by other scientists, be it man-machine or Project F. He wasn't very tight-lipped on copyrights, huh?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-07-30, 00:17   Link #202
Nemesis

Quote:
Well.. I don't trust Verossa at all.

Furthermore, who made Vivio?
Probably the same mystery 3rd or 4th faction.
Old 2007-07-30, 00:19   Link #203
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Well, while it's true that he didn't create them, wasn't he the one who (( once again )) was the baseliner for man-machine hybrid technology of Sentoukijins?

Funny how his "developed baselines" all get exploited by other scientists, be it man-machine or Project F. He wasn't very tight-lipped on copyrights, huh?
Well... There has already been several instances about people patenting other people's work.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-07-30, 00:20   Link #204
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Well, you've seen how he's like He's not afraid to brag.
Old 2007-07-30, 00:26   Link #205
Key Board
Carbon

Quatro says Ginga uses technology developed by the doctor, but she doesn't know who her created Ginga

That's why they don't know much about Subaru's IS capabilities

but an originator of a scientific theory being surpassed by another one in the same field isn't exactly new.

And baseliner has a broad meaning, you know. Regius was a baseliner for artificial mages and sentoukijin too in the past
Old 2007-07-30, 00:33   Link #206
Nemesis

sigh....looks liek a gloom future for Erio.............

does any one have pictures of the preview?
Old 2007-07-30, 00:35   Link #207
Key Board
Carbon

Why is it gloom?

I'm quite sure Signum won't kill him in the next episode
Old 2007-07-30, 00:36   Link #208
Nemesis

Quote:
Why is it gloom?

I'm quite sure Signum won't kill him in the next episode
Gloom as in not being able to get character development or showing cool moves.
Old 2007-07-30, 00:39   Link #209
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
but an originator of a scientific theory being surpassed by another one in the same field isn't exactly new.

And baseliner has a broad meaning, you know. Regius was a baseliner for artificial mages and sentoukijin too in the past
Well, that's true. Project F seems to be one example too. Otherwise, was there even a need for him to be interested in Fate and Elio back at Ep.5? Then again...he didn't include them in the attack's mission objectives... Wonder why?

Well, from what I interpreted, Regius's involvement was more of a push-towards-it-being-developed alongside possibly funding and stuff, while Jail's was more intellect. So, it's a comparative of baselining from an intellectual, theoretical sense vs the legalization and monetary sense.

Zest was probably a surviving a.mage from one of Regius's involved past skeletons. Since jealousy runs hand in hand with imitation and flattery, it's possible that he pushed for the development of Artificial Ancient Belka types, since legitimate ones seem rare as hell, only 3 actual living ones recorded.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-07-30, 00:42   Link #210
Aaron008R

Well... He's being trained by Signum starting next ep. So It's at least a given that he'll pull off something cool sometime later. Hey, Thunder Rage was quite useful already, right?

OC Profiles
Old 2007-07-30, 00:43   Link #211
Key Board
Carbon

True, but I don't think he deserves all the credit.

Scag wasn't the only one working on the project. There were several other scientists. I'm think that even Precia was involved with some of the research. Her field was dimensional science IIRC
Old 2007-07-30, 00:46   Link #212
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Random notes I made after watching only the Numbers/Jail parts + Zest:

Cinque was badly damaged from her fight with Subaru
My thought process at this time:
Spoiler for random:

Lutecia wants the relic for her mom, but she only thinks that the woman is her mom. She has no memories of her mom. (Jail could be easily deceiving her, or maybe not).

Zest acts coldly to Uno. Maybe it is just the quality of the video, but she seemed somewhat saddened with his attitude. They were "allies", but he just didn't care much with his "you don't need me anymore, right?" attitude.

Uno and Jail= In tune. Their smiles made me laugh. Good face to make in front of Vivio.

Quattro- scaring Vivio and saying that no one will save her no matter how much she screams or cries. (But it's okay, it was enjoyable).
Old 2007-07-30, 00:46   Link #213
Aaron008R

Quote:
Well, that's true. Project F seems to be one example too. Otherwise, was there even a need for him to be interested in Fate and Elio back at Ep.5? Then again...he didn't include them in the attack's mission objectives... Wonder why?

Well, from what I interpreted, Regius's involvement was more of a push-towards-it-being-developed alongside possibly funding and stuff, while Jail's was more intellect. So, it's a comparative of baselining from an intellectual, theoretical sense vs the legalization and monetary sense.

Zest was probably a surviving a.mage from one of Regius's involved past skeletons. Since jealousy runs hand in hand with imitation and flattery, it's possible that he pushed for the development of Artificial Ancient Belka types, since legitimate ones seem rare as hell, only 3 actual living ones recorded.
In that's the case, then it means more skeletons in the cabinet for dickhead Regius. And to think he has so much influence... I'll wait for a chance to see if Zest and Regius ever comes face-to-face.

OC Profiles
Old 2007-07-30, 00:53   Link #214
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Well... He's being trained by Signum starting next ep. So It's at least a given that he'll pull off something cool sometime later. Hey, Thunder Rage was quite useful already, right?
Was expecting him to be at Fate's level in the first season
Old 2007-07-30, 00:58   Link #215
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
For the first time, RF6 seems quite underpowered. The Strikers seems to have "leveled-up" to a similar level to the limited Aces but it doesn't seem like it's enough to make up for the lack of numbers. In the opening, we see the Lightning Strikers up against Lutecia and the Wolkenritter seems to be aimed towards Zest and Agito. That means we only have the Aces and the two Stars Strikers to go up against the Numbers. They may be strong, but they're still outnumbered 3-to-1. I can't see Subaru and Teana being able to take on more than five of the Numbers at once(even four is pushing it), and even Nanoha and Fate will have a hard time taking on the other seven. This isn't even taking in account Ginga, whatever may happen to her. Perhaps unlimited Nanoha and Fate might be able to do something, but I have my doubts about even that.
Will have to agree. Most of the reserve is out already on both sides, and the correlation does not look good.

The two forwards will be lucky to even take out our old friends 5,9 and 11 if they improve their troop control. The important thing is to quickly hit Teana with those chains - she won't survive the attack nearly as well as Subaru (who was at best one attack away from being broken herself). Her decoys will be much less effective without Caro so hitting her won't be much of a pain. Use either 9 or 11 in a sacrificial delaying attack on Subaru. Heck, forget the "Or", use 9, because 11 has the tool you need next (and I'm not sure I like 9 either, so her dying doesn't bother me as much).

Now, after taking out Teana, 5 and 11 are to get onto that skateboard thing and retreat, full speed. Because they are both really mid-range fighters and Subaru is a close range fighter with a limited medium range ability, the important thing is to maintain distance from her deadly but zero-range IS and blast her until she's so damaged that even berserked and desperate there isn't enough cyborg circuitry to keep her running.

Now for the air. Put all the remaining Numbers in a free-for-all. The bigger the fight, the more I can employ combined arms. If Hayate comes out this time, use some of my Numbers to engage Nanoha and Fate and use one or two to hit Hayate, otherwise just concentrate on the pair for a defeat in detail before Hayate gets onto the field. If I stick to close combat the girls can't power up some really deadly attacks to blast my Numbers...
Old 2007-07-30, 00:58   Link #216
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
In that's the case, then it means more skeletons in the cabinet for dickhead Regius. And to think he has so much influence... I'll wait for a chance to see if Zest and Regius ever comes face-to-face.
Well, I doubt one could give to such a high post without getting oneself dirty.

Everyone has skeletons, what they don't all have is proof .

And Zest is probably his biggest Skeleton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
Was expecting him to be at Fate's level in the first season
Fate was lucky (In that sense), the magic that had killed Alicia gave her her magic potential.

Project F doesn't make super soldiers.
Old 2007-07-30, 00:58   Link #217
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

I guess even though we were speculating that there won't be anymore training from episode 17 and on, they still decided that the Forwards need a little bit more...I guess this will be the last training session they'll have?
Its a pretty interesting one, Signum vs. Erio...Lighting 02 vs. Lightning 03.
Old 2007-07-30, 01:04   Link #218
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
I guess even though we were speculating that there won't be anymore training from episode 17 and on, they still decided that the Forwards need a little bit more...I guess this will be the last training session they'll have?
Its a pretty interesting one, Signum vs. Erio...Lighting 02 vs. Lightning 03.
Just speculation since I haven't seen the preview yet, but perhaps this is just Erio's request?

For a Sparta training... Ichigo-style
Old 2007-07-30, 01:11   Link #219
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

maybe signum knows some techniques to teach Erio on how to use his Mode 2 Strada more efficiently...with all of those boosters on each side of Strada, there seems to be boundless strategies with his Mode 2.

About the new opening, if they do the same combatant pairing as the opening, then Signum will surely take on Zest in the final fight.
Old 2007-07-30, 01:11   Link #220
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Just speculation since I haven't seen the preview yet, but perhaps this is just Erio's request?

For a Sparta training... Ichigo-style
In a way, he's in over his head.
At least that should give Signum and Strada's other forms some screentime for the next ep. And while their at it, show a glimpse of the other forms of the devices of the other forwards as well.

OC Profiles
Closed Thread