AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-05-26, 13:46   Link #201
kari-no-sugata II

Ep8: this episode is well named. Definitely a low point. Lots of tension too! And oh my~
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-26, 14:30   Link #202
bakato

Now, that's the Kaiser we know. Remember what I said before. He ain't back until Kaiser yells his name. That said I never actually thought the show would end on a cliffhanger without Kaiser yelling his name.

Last edited by bakato; 2017-05-26 at 14:42.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-26, 14:43   Link #203
magnuskn

It's about time.
Old 2017-05-26, 14:57   Link #204
konart

Lol, I knew they will meet him as soon as I heard word "prison". Where the fuck could he be, right?
Old 2017-05-26, 15:35   Link #205
EroKing

Jeanne, Favaro and Kaisar at the same place. Next episode is going to be epic
Old 2017-05-26, 16:49   Link #206
James Rye

Man, just how long was Favaro in this prison? Just look at his epic beard! XD
Old 2017-05-26, 18:03   Link #207
Wandering Soul

He's back! They missed the perfect chance to have this episode end with Kaiser screaming his name.
Old 2017-05-26, 18:08   Link #208
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Favaro!!! He sure made us wait. From the look of it, he's been imprisoned for a long time and Kaisar had no idea.

I loved Kaisar's fight against Charioce and Azazel, he pretty much owned them both. Too bad his pacifist ways only earned him the wrath of his lord. I thought Charioce would at least be lenient with Nina, but he proved to be a real asshole by sentencing her to spend eternity in a dungeon.

The Gods got Mugaro, and I don't trust them one bit. I couldn't help but notice they're using the exact same method as Martinet used on Amira in the first season ("if you do what we say, you'll get to see your mother"), and we all know how that ended.
Old 2017-05-26, 18:08   Link #209
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
He's back! They missed the perfect chance to have this episode end with Kaiser screaming his name.
I think it's for the better. It's like that episode where Bacchus sneaked up on Mugaro. Funnier left unsaid. In any case, leave it up to Favaro to be so chipper after rotting in prison for god only knows how long. He was probably thrown in there with Jeanne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Favaro!!! He sure made us wait. From the look of it, he's been imprisoned for a long time and Kaisar had no idea.

I loved Kaisar's fight against Charioce and Azazel, he pretty much owned them both. Too bad his pacifist ways only earned him the wrath of his lord. I thought Charioce would at least be lenient with Nina, but he proved to be a real asshole by sentencing her to spend eternity in a dungeon.

The Gods got Mugaro, and I don't trust them one bit. I couldn't help but notice they're using the exact same method as Martinet used on Amira in the first season ("if you do what we say, you'll get to see your mother"), and we all know how that ended.
Kaisar really needed that moment of epicness with all the shit he's been taking.

Then it seems they haven't learned a goddamn thing. Unlike the demons, they will not be missed.
Old 2017-05-26, 18:10   Link #210
kuromitsu

Did anything happen in this episode aside of Azazel getting whipped and Kaisar having his hair down? Thank you, MAPPA. Thank you very much.

(By the way, whipping, really? I'm not complaining but I'm sure there are more effective ways of torturing a demon...)

The three-way fight was pretty fun. First Azazel vs Charioce, then Azazel and Charioce pretty much teaming up against Kaisar, then Kaisar kicking both their asses. That was badass. And yes, Azazel, do attack Kaisar instead of your archenemy who is distracted. This is why you keep failing.

Poor little Mugaro. This is shaping up to be the Martinet and Amira 2.0 although maybe Mugaro doesn't have all that strong a connection to his mom? It would be kind of funny if Gabriel had to use a demon as a bait for Mugaro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Man, just how long was Favaro in this prison? Just look at his epic beard! XD
Yes, that was my first thought when I saw him.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-26, 18:24   Link #211
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Did anything happen in this episode aside of Azazel getting whipped and Kaisar having his hair down? Thank you, MAPPA. Thank you very much.

(By the way, whipping, really? I'm not complaining but I'm sure there are more effective ways of torturing a demon...)
Whipping is a standard form of torture for a medieval setting.
Old 2017-05-26, 18:36   Link #212
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Whipping is a standard form of torture for a medieval setting.
Whipping is kind of like punishment, not torture. You'd be surprised how many standard forms of torture existed in medieval times, which are a lot more effective at getting information out of a tough subject, or just simply making them regret ever turning against you.

(Of course none of them would feature Azazel groaning and writhing around half-naked, so I'm not complaining.)

Also:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I thought Charioce would at least be lenient with Nina, but he proved to be a real asshole by sentencing her to spend eternity in a dungeon.
But... as far as he knows she conspired against him. Would you seriously expect him to be lenient with someone who, for all he knew, was planning to kill him?

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2017-05-26 at 18:54.
Old 2017-05-26, 19:08   Link #213
Blueknight78

ok, i really feel that episode was overal good, however how everyone ended captured sounded a "little" biased", ok i'm not watched previous season but based on what i read, if the peoples prisioned specially the afro where "so op" why they where trapped so easy, specially nina, for what i remember nina both strengt and speed where "superhuman" and she even on her "human form" could easy give a good fight to almost everyone here(only the king probably being able to hold her), then how they get so easy trapped and worst why she is not able to easy break that handculf"??? is something "magical" or a unbreakable material??? cuz based on her strengt alone she could easy be able to break it and even the prison.

that part is really not making to much sense for now, but overal good episode.
Old 2017-05-26, 19:12   Link #214
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
based on what i read, if the peoples prisioned specially the afro where "so op" why they where trapped so easy, specially nina, for what i remember nina both strengt and speed where "superhuman" and she even on her "human form" could easy give a good fight to almost everyone here(only the king probably being able to hold her), then how they get so easy trapped and worst why she is not able to easy break that handculf"??? is something "magical" or a unbreakable material??? cuz based on her strengt alone she could easy be able to break it and even the prison.
Favaro is not all that op, he's just a good fighter, but he can get overpowered and captured like anyone else. Kaisar as we saw considers this his fair punishment so he went along willingly. Jeanne used to be super op, but since then lost her powers. And Nina is strong, yes, but she's one person against hundreds of soldiers.
Old 2017-05-26, 19:23   Link #215
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Favaro is not all that op, he's just a good fighter, but he can get overpowered and captured like anyone else. Kaisar as we saw considers this his fair punishment so he went along willingly. Jeanne used to be super op, but since then lost her powers. And Nina is strong, yes, but she's one person against hundreds of soldiers.
she could not need to fight everyone, just enough to escape, they are in a "prision" and normally prisions don't have all the "army" to fight normally just enough to watch over, which for a person like her could be easy to overcome and in the battlefield almost the same she could have just fight enough to run which for a "fast person as her" could not be a trouble, she being captured while i could get but she being in that prision as she is a weakling is really hard to get, i'm waiting for the next epísode, but serious after see she easy lifiting at superman style huge tree logs and run in a crazy speed see her "powerless like that" is really weird.
Old 2017-05-26, 19:27   Link #216
SeaDoor

BTW: for those who haven't watched this episode yet
Be sure to watch beyond the ED for the already posted reveal.

Charioce now threatening the kill the gods as well as the demons. At this point the only thing he is missing is a mustache to twirl.

Actually, it seems that all three sides to this story are equally bad. Good story is good, though.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-26, 19:53   Link #217

Well, I guess we now know where Favaro was being carted off to in the closing credits.
998185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-26, 22:55   Link #218
Irenesharda

That was a great episode. Kaiser actually was kind of cool here, though I don't really see what he plan was for AFTER the fight?

So Mugaro's name is El? For those who don't know, "El" basically means "God" in Hebrew. It's why most angels have names that end in "-el" (Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, Uriel, etc.)
So, is Mugaro really the reincarnation of the head god somehow?

I wonder what Jeanne's take on all of this is? I don't trust Gabriel, I think she might have gone a bit astray with all of her archangel siblings gone. But I can understand she's desperate just as Azazel is. Both their people are on the verge of extinction because of King Genocide over there.

I just love how Charioce's solution is "Oh, they got what I didn't want them to have?" "I'll just have to kill them all."
I really can't wait till Nina actually figures out Chris and Charioce are one in the same.

Nice seeing Favaro again, he looks like he's been there for a long time!

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-27, 06:22   Link #219
drawr

Charioce is just incredible, he's full on SMT deicide route now. His fall will be worse than Azazel's, but I'm enjoying his high. Now all the key players are in jail together I'm very interested in seeing how to break out.
drawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-27, 08:08   Link #220
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
she could not need to fight everyone, just enough to escape, they are in a "prision" and normally prisions don't have all the "army" to fight normally just enough to watch over, which for a person like her could be easy to overcome and in the battlefield almost the same she could have just fight enough to run which for a "fast person as her" could not be a trouble, she being captured while i could get but she being in that prision as she is a weakling is really hard to get, i'm waiting for the next epísode, but serious after see she easy lifiting at superman style huge tree logs and run in a crazy speed see her "powerless like that" is really weird.
I'm sure she could break out of her cell if she wanted to, but what's the point if she can't leave? From what I can see it's a pretty large island prison (or at least surrounded by water for the most part) so even if there aren't that many guards and she's able to fight them off for the time being it's not like she can get away just like that. (Unless she turns into a dragon, which she obviously can't do yet on her own.) Plus she's Nina, obviously she would try to rescue Kaisar and Azazel, and then that would be that.

To get out from here they need more than strength. They need... well, Favaro, really. And an outside helper, most likely Rita.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawr View Post
Charioce is just incredible, he's full on SMT deicide route now.
Is it true deicide though, if "god" is just a race and not actual deities...

I don't think Charioce is coming across as a moustache-twirling villain, really. More like a woefully misguided extremist who is looking for what is best for his people, but has complete and utter disregard for everything else, including people who are not "his" people. He's ruthless and arrogant, sure, but I don't think he is, or that he's supposed to be, evil. And to be honest I'm pretty curious of what makes him tick.

(I'd wager that the reason why he's fixated on proving Jeanne wrong and breaking her faith is that despite what happened to her, she's still faithful to the gods. Maybe he used to admire Jeanne back in her saint days? who knows.)

Tags
angels, dark fantasy, demons, dragons, gods, sequel, undead