5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 0.68%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 1.58%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 0.45%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.90%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 2.48%
Voters: 444. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-07-29, 20:10   Link #201
Vicious108

Well just finished watching both episodes and it was pretty damn awesome, though it felt like too much happened too fast. Nina and Orange-kun were nothing but a waste of space.

And god, the Black Knights are worthless, Lelouch goes "brb" for one moment and they start getting owned, what the hell.

Anyways, what else... didnt really like Kallens reaction to Zero being Lulu, she didnt have to freak out that badly. Oh and angsty Suzaku is definetely better than the lame old one.

Shirley is pretty stupid, why doesnt she just go ahead and tell everyone Zero is Lulu instead of saying all that vague crap?

And yay Tamaki didnt die. Too bad neither did Nina... god what horrible character.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 20:55   Link #202
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

It may have already been told but is there any confirmed or official sources that tells us when Code Geass Season 2 will be aired?
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 21:03   Link #203
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

nope, theres no confirmation on airing dates of season 2 or sequel yet

kind sux doesnt it
guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 21:32   Link #204
prototype_sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for Episode 24 & 25:

Kaguya said "Zero-sama". That was cute. Found it amusing that she was sitting on Clovis's chair.

SUZAKU needs to DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Cliffhanger... must wait... nooooooooooo...

GARARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR *Rolls on the floor in pain*
Killing off suzaku in geass is like killing of
Spoiler for Death Note:
he is need to balance off Lulu brain with his brawn

Its kind of funny cornelia knighting suzaku. I guess she finally realized that when he's not there to cover her ass against zero she gets pwned. In a way he has been more her knight than her little sister.
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 22:05   Link #205
Destructive

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
Its kind of funny cornelia knighting suzaku. I guess she finally realized that when he's not there to cover her ass against zero she gets pwned. In a way he has been more her knight than her little sister.
I view it like this: Suzaku was the person her sister chose and she's honoring that decision by recognizing him.
Destructive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 22:10   Link #206
Var
Banned

How will Zero/Lelouch salvage his cause after this I wonder. His identity is known now, his Order is falling to pieces (questioning why they abandoned him), Suzaku is mad crazy and ready to kill, Nanally is missing, C.C. is sinking, and Kallen is shattered because the man she loved used her like a pawn. I'd say he's basically lost everything.

Btw, for those who think Kallen falling to pieces is over done. She just found out that she'd been used, that her dream had been used, for a selfish cause. On top of that. it was all done by the person she loved/admired. Shucks.

Also, did anyone else catch C.C. saying that Lelouch isn't her type, or am I misunderstanding Japanese again?
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 22:18   Link #207
Freeter
beyond

Spoiler for blue-haired girl:

Quote:
for those who think Kallen falling to pieces is over done. She just found out that she'd been used, that her dream had been used, for a selfish cause. On top of that. it was all done by the person she loved/admired. Shucks.
I have a crazy feeling that Karen will stick by Lelouch regardless of this "betrayal". She seemed genuinely concerned when he strapped that bomb on himself, so maybe she doesn't completely hate his guts like Suzaku does.
Old 2007-07-29, 22:25   Link #208
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Spoiler for blue-haired girl:

I have a crazy feeling that Karen will stick by Lelouch regardless of this "betrayal". She seemed genuinely concerned when he strapped that bomb on himself, so maybe she doesn't completely hate his guts like Suzaku does.
Of course she'd be concerned, the bomb would kill her too . I do, however, agree that she will stick with Lelouch (this being because I see no other option).
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 22:58   Link #209
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Also, did anyone else catch C.C. saying that Lelouch isn't her type, or am I misunderstanding Japanese again?
I believe the msg was directed at Orange who C.C.'s taking down with, not Zero

not sure if your-mom translated it correctly since they do have pretty bad reputation on sub quality

Last edited by guiltygearxt; 2007-07-29 at 23:31.
guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 23:01   Link #210
WhiteWings

Well, at least this series of events more or less opened up of Kallen being more attracted to Zero (maybe Lelouch as well now) more obviously to the viewers.

Nina... she is the type of character that often tends to cause a considerable headache to the protagonists before dying a pointless death. Am I too harsh in saying she is my least favorite character in the series?

Millay didn't seem to suprised to Kallen being part of the Black Knights as one might have been. Another point in her favor.
Old 2007-07-29, 23:14   Link #211
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWings View Post

Nina... she is the type of character that often tends to cause a considerable headache to the protagonists before dying a pointless death. Am I too harsh in saying she is my least favorite character in the series?
Who cares about that crazy girl?

Though onto other things. Odyessus doesn't seem to ring out as a "confident" leader. He first stresses out about how his pappy isn't here to take care of things and shows uncertainty on how to deal with Japan and hesitates sending troops, especially with the Chinese fleets mobilizing. That and he rejoices when Schzenziel takes responsibility to head to Japan. How the heck did this guy get first place in taking over the throne?

And it's nice to see Guilford using his own version of Lancelot's sword.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 23:34   Link #212
WhiteWings

If what's been said throughout the series have been true than the real heir to the throne is most likely decided through vicious internal struggles in a 'survival of the fittest' style where there are little for the weak and the losers. Being the oldest probably doesn't necessarily mean that much in the royal family of Britannia right now anyway.
Old 2007-07-29, 23:34   Link #213
digigb

OMG thats pretty much the show OMG

and the deadliest ciff hanger
digigb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 23:58   Link #214
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

Can Suzaku even shoot Lelouch without triggering his "live!" or "survive!" command? Suzaku knows rationally that shooting Lelouch will kill him too. Suzaku freezes up and Lelouch shoots Suzaku. Suzaku dies. Lelouch has more blood on his hands.

Of course, a variation on this theme is that Lelouch knows that Suzaku can't kill him without triggering his command. So he shoots to injure or incapacitate. Karen, of course, doesn't know about the command and kills Suzaku. Thus, we are given a bit of a dramatic tragedy.

V-2 could intervene and hold the laws of physics in abeyance. Everything slows to a crawl and we're given a dream sequence. Not likely, but a possible way to resolve the stand-off without killing Suzaku.

I also don't know why Karen freaked out so badly that Zero is Lelouch:
-She had to have already known that Zero plays dirty and accepted it back in the episode where they "sacrifice" the Japanese Liberation Front. Having it revealed that Lelouch has been bloodying his hands is just a lateral move. She also already knew that Zero was using her. She already got over the battle at Narita, remember?
-She also already knew that Zero is a Britannian with a vendetta, so that can't be it either.
-Either way, she was set to hump both Zero and Lelouch, regardless of their shortcomings. Lelouch's major shortcoming in the romance department was that he was apparently unwilling to "go all the way" and do something about Britannian oppression. Well, come on, he's a terrorist leader in his spare time. Her dashing hero is the one-and-the-same as her princely genius classmate. What's the problem?
-Lelouch is still the best chance she's got for a liberated Japan.

Last edited by Twisted Reality; 2007-07-30 at 00:17.
Twisted Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 00:22   Link #215
kungfudiscomonkey

I'm not even upset about the cliffhangers since I knew that was coming. Brilliant two episodes and I look forward to season 2.
kungfudiscomonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 00:22   Link #216
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
You know what they say,

If the general goes down, the entire battalion goes down.

Diethardt had already pointed this out though due simply to the fact that the Order exists only because of Lelouch's will. They are nothing without him even if another capable commander takes up the reins.
It's slightly more complicated than that.

Ougi is too severely injured to act as overall military co-leader. Diethard only knows how to do media, communications and information and can't take-over and adapt to military situations. Todou has his hands full after running into some unexpected resistance in the form of the Glaston Knights. If things weren't so FUBAR, they might have been able to better understand the overall situation and adapt without Lelouch's help. As things stand, all three military commanders are out of the picture.

What Diethardt was talking about had more to do with the political conceptions of the importance of nobility and the need for an elite few to act as the political soul of the people.

Last edited by Twisted Reality; 2007-07-30 at 00:32.
Old 2007-07-30, 00:24   Link #217
The Undertaker
OCTB Undercover

C.C. better not be dead! Screw S2 if there's no C.C.!
The Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 00:27   Link #218
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

...Hopefully Lelouch blasted Suzaku so we never have to hear from the little Kira poser again. That tool was willing to let whoever do as they please with Nunnally just because he was emo over his blue balls. Last I checked he was supposed to care about her.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 00:46   Link #219
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Who cares about that crazy girl?
*stutters*
Bwuh?!
But. . .but. . .
If there's no Nina, who will be Lloyd's replacement in the field of mad science in the new world order?

My friends, I have seen the future, and it is nuclear powered!
Old 2007-07-30, 01:36   Link #220
Tsukou

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
Killing off suzaku in geass is like killing of
Spoiler for Death Note:
he is need to balance off Lulu brain with his brawn
It's really funny you say that.. because.. ya know..
Spoiler:

I could see these episodes being the end of series, it leaves you kind of at mystery, but with C.C.'s final monologue, but it gives off the vague feeling that everything is over. So like, I wouldn't mind like season 2 being nothing about season 1, just with the common-place of Geass(or even an aftermath 5 years later thing), with a new main character, but that obviously won't happen. I just feel satisfied with it, a lot of people are like "ARGH CLIFFHANGER" but I don't mind.

I just can't see how it'll get better, just very hard to visualize it.
Tsukou is offline   Reply With Quote