AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator 2 - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 14 21.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 37.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 23.44%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 17.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-13, 05:29   Link #201
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Akira's expression is like "well... I was used to be rejected..."
so she's surprisingly isn't shouting to Shoko like Yamada did

Spoiler for out of topic.. Lacus comparison:

anyone know why the preview for next episode isn't leaked out yet?
Lacu's main trait isn't her idol stuff, that was mostly her cover. Meer was more a real idol than Lacus was. We're not talking about "love interest" status, but plot and personality: serene, mature, beloved princess with the ideals with pink hair: Lieselotte. Not that applies 100% but comparing Shoko to Lacus is a bit reaching.

You can watch the preview here.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2013-12-13, 05:51   Link #202
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Lacu's main trait isn't her idol stuff, that was mostly her cover. Meer was more a real idol than Lacus was. We're not talking about "love interest" status, but plot and personality: serene, mature, beloved princess with the ideals with pink hair: Lieselotte. Not that applies 100% but comparing Shoko to Lacus is a bit reaching.

Thank you for the preview!!

Can anyone translate the title for next week's episode?
All I know is 'Module 77' and 'Operation(military)'.
Old 2013-12-13, 05:58   Link #203
~BC~

Basically the "Battle to Recapture Module 77". Official translation has it as "The Operation to Retake Module 77". That works better I guess.
Old 2013-12-13, 06:00   Link #204
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
Basically the "Battle to Recapture Module 77".
Thank you!!
Old 2013-12-13, 06:16   Link #205
Destined_Fate

Curse you Pino. Does everyone want to force Shoko to take back Haruto or something?

Well, at least Saki has a one eyed Prince now and... Haruto is reaching the next level! Super Kamitsuki Haruto incoming?

Next thing we know he'll have L-Elf do a permanent fusion biting with him to explain the L-Elf-like child in the future.

L-Earuto is the father of Shoko's baby.

Saki most likely is penetrated through her chest by a sharp object, like a sword, around the birthing.
Old 2013-12-13, 06:17   Link #206
~BC~

Pino just wants to eat. Though I wonder how much she'd want Shoko if she knew she was an obstacle to her Haruot/Saki OTP.
Old 2013-12-13, 06:23   Link #207
Destined_Fate

With like 2 episodes left Pino is going with the next best thing as a certain Prince seems to have his eye on Saki now.

Maybe she'll just have to teach L-Elf and Haruto how to make a true merging of the two races by becoming a single person. That would easily explain why that child looks like L-Elf but has Haruto's eyes.

But than where's the Shoko in him? Did her DNA, and her descendants DNA, get overwritten by the Haruto/L-Elf DNA or is L-Earuto Asexual and their child is an eternal Shota?

Such a mystery!
Old 2013-12-13, 07:36   Link #208
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I swear, if Haruto is in future Saki’s body fulfilling that recent promise I will be beyond upset

Edit: also in case anyone is still wondering, the Empire is indeed what the Kamitsuki started. The beginning of the episode confirms it
have you forget what happened in s1 when saki hijack Haruto body?

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Lol, the first thing I thought after watching this episode is....
"Did Valvrave stole Gundam 00's scene?".
I mean when Haruto was getting punched by L-Elf, he had his dead friends talk to him(From Gundam 00 movie when Lockon and the other two dead members talk to Setsuna before the final battle) and became mentally prepared(?). And also how one of the Valvrave pilots died few episode the end.
Also, I would be sad if Haruto chooses Shouko....
newtype flash in most if not all gundam anime and many other mecha anime
not just gundam 00
Old 2013-12-13, 07:55   Link #209
kiak666

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
You know, I just have a funny thought. With the next episode title literally translated as "Fist of the Moon's Surface", and seeing how our two MCs are fighting on the Moon, what are the chances that this will be the first time Haruto successfully land a punch on L-Elf (hey, a guy can dream right? )
Well, this isn't exactly what happened in the episode, but L-Elf being blown away by the Rune barrier is close enough I guess (though Haruto didn't do it intentionally... )
Old 2013-12-13, 09:35   Link #210
MeggieMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
Given there were still critically injured students on board I can understand Takumi agreeing with her decision. The students seem to have settled down, no reason to get them worked up again (especially if anymore are hiding firearms). I didn't think Akira looked particularly hurt. She's the only one besides L-Elf who knows about the other tragic decision Shoko was stuck with as PM; she seemed more contemplative to me.
The thing about the story with Shoko and the forum response is the response is missing the point of view of the students. They look to still back up Shoko here and not the Valvrave pilots. While I don't agree with how Shoko's handled this (I'm disappointed in her but probably not as much as many have been because I never thought she was a good candidate for PM to begin with), her reaction looks to be the one supported by the majority of student survivors. The reason we the viewers are prone to be more upset at Shoko is we followed the Valvrave pilots! We know what is going on; we know the sacrifices made. A big point of what the writers are trying do here is point out Shoko doesn't know any of these things and neither do the students. The Prof also understands that there are two sides going on here and that's why he's backing her up. Remember he's got a background in black ops for JIOR IIRC and seems to have a better understanding of people in general at times.

Now, something that hasn't come up yet about what happened to Shoko this episode is she now knows 100% that she, and the rest of the students (or at least most of them), are not human. She's not in a good position with this information and her fellow students (they are NOT going to want to here this information,IMO) but she's got enough leadership background to know they're going to have to be told and the Valvrave pilots brought back in ASAP. Or she will after she thinks about it. At this point she's crying it out of her system with Pino, so we'll have to see what her next move is next episode.

Oh and all this Shoko is Lacus stuff is striking me weird. I never got through CG so those comparisons make no sense to me but I did see SEED and Shoko isn't Lacus (that was Lise and a bit of Saki). None of these characters are really totally comparable to other show characters, IMO. However, I think the other kids following Shoko at this point has nothing to do with Shoko being super special and I don't think Shoko could stay in power, even if she wants to (and I don't think she does but I'm not sure on that either).
Old 2013-12-13, 09:47   Link #211
black_cat1

Shoko's regret this EP is really....ridiculous. I rather want to see her death just like Shirley than watching her cries out:"OMG! I was wrong! Arghhhhh!" like this. It only make me hate her more.

At least, Saki is back though we don't know how she escapse (probably the glasses guy helped her). With the secret behind Valvrave revealed, I somehow understand how the other chars can become immortal
Old 2013-12-13, 09:58   Link #212
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post

thanks... earlier that website said that the video isn't available yet for my country

yeah.... it's like... bringing Lacus to Valvrave discussion is little too much.. She is too perfect
Old 2013-12-13, 10:13   Link #213
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
That bromance was so intense my eyeballs nearly melted.
Old 2013-12-13, 10:15   Link #214
John117xCortana

"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." " - Captain America
Old 2013-12-13, 10:16   Link #215
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." " - Captain America
That assuming every humans is like Captain America.
Old 2013-12-13, 10:22   Link #216
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_cat1 View Post
Shoko's regret this EP is really....ridiculous. I rather want to see her death just like Shirley than watching her cries out:"OMG! I was wrong! Arghhhhh!" like this. It only make me hate her more.
Let me point out that technically she did not conclude or say that she was wrong.

All that can be taken from that scene is that she is upset to learn that Haruto became a kamitsuki because of her.

She probably will expand on that next episode, but as of now, anything else is merely an inference.
Old 2013-12-13, 10:27   Link #217
Fjoergyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_cat1 View Post

At least, Saki is back though we don't know how she escapse (probably the glasses guy helped her). With the secret behind Valvrave revealed, I somehow understand how the other chars can become immortal

Shoko did not ask you to give up your humanity, she knew nothing of that inccidente xDDD
Old 2013-12-13, 10:39   Link #218
John117xCortana

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
That assuming every humans is like Captain America.
You only need a few like him to move the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
Shoko did not ask you to give up your humanity, she knew nothing of that inccidente xDDD
I know that this sounds cruel but I felt no pity to her. I felt more like "Whats the matter? You can't handle the truth? Well too bad. You should have thought about what they had to sacrifice for all of you first before you judged them like that."
Old 2013-12-13, 10:56   Link #219
zero7090

Moar fujoshi bait in this ep. I wonder how many circle will do yaoi vvv in this year comicket
Old 2013-12-13, 11:06   Link #220
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeggieMay View Post
The thing about the story with Shoko and the forum response is the response is missing the point of view of the students. They look to still back up Shoko here and not the Valvrave pilots. While I don't agree with how Shoko's handled this (I'm disappointed in her but probably not as much as many have been because I never thought she was a good candidate for PM to begin with), her reaction looks to be the one supported by the majority of student survivors. The reason we the viewers are prone to be more upset at Shoko is we followed the Valvrave pilots! We know what is going on; we know the sacrifices made. A big point of what the writers are trying do here is point out Shoko doesn't know any of these things and neither do the students. The Prof also understands that there are two sides going on here and that's why he's backing her up. Remember he's got a background in black ops for JIOR IIRC and seems to have a better understanding of people in general at times.

Now, something that hasn't come up yet about what happened to Shoko this episode is she now knows 100% that she, and the rest of the students (or at least most of them), are not human. She's not in a good position with this information and her fellow students (they are NOT going to want to here this information,IMO) but she's got enough leadership background to know they're going to have to be told and the Valvrave pilots brought back in ASAP. Or she will after she thinks about it. At this point she's crying it out of her system with Pino, so we'll have to see what her next move is next episode.
This is a pretty good post.

Sometimes viewers fall into the trap of forgetting that Character A doesn't know everything that you, as the viewer, knows. And if you factor that lack of knowledge into Character A's actions, they often start to make a bit more sense.

In addition to what you wrote here, I think some viewers have underestimated just what it means to "resign as a human". Being immortal, feeding on runes, not being exactly human any more... this is a big deal, guys. This is a big demarcation line between some protagonists in this show, and some other protagonists.

It's not just Shouko that thinks this way, at least for now, but also initially L-Elf. L-Elf was initially enraged and disgusted at the thought of his beloved Lieselotte being one of "them".

I think that some are viewing this as analogous to racism. But the differences between different racial backgrounds is nothing compared to this difference. This is like the difference between a normal human and a vampire. Of course the "normal humans" (including Shouko) are spooked and concerned and fearful. The fact they were kept in the dark about this just causes red flags to fly even higher, as it feeds into rampant speculation over "What else might these people be keeping from us about themselves?!"

I'll have more to write about the episode later, but I wanted to leave it at that, for now.