Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-10-09, 06:42   Link #201
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Then who makes the rules? Because this was one revue nobody called for. Who gets to decide the rules for it? And who's going to make them stick?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
The show runner of course. Whoever put together the show or the stage. Definitely not the actors. The fact you're asking me this means you're thinking about the show in a vacuum and not as the allegory the show tries to be.
Who makes the rules is a gray area for me... not fully understood. At first glance Giraffe makes the rules, but if someone wins.. for example Banana had that time loop going for so long - Giraffe kept following what Banana wanted him to do. There's a rule set by Giraffe where the losers are used as "fuel" by the winner, but when Hikari won, that did not happen. And lastly, the rule that only one can stand on top the stage... but when Karen won, both her and Hikari are standing on stage. It seems the rules can be bent by whoever won the contest.
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-09, 11:28   Link #202
4th Dimension

More bent however it amuses Giraffe more.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-09, 23:20   Link #203
Alchemist007
*Author

Was an ok show but it lacked depth IMO. I wish Banana's time repetition was the endgame and went deeper.
Old 2019-07-14, 02:55   Link #204
Liddo-kun
is this so?

the specials are super cute!

episode 1 is on youtube.

Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-27, 03:41   Link #205
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Watched up to episode 5 and found it to be a lot of fun. The visuals are stunning though I kind of wish the other characters had transformation scenes! Also a talking giraffe. That's... new

Some thoughts:

I thought Juuna's fights were great and she seems to be a character to root for, being the underdog and the victim of main character plot'd armor. Amazing sense and style and hope she tries harder.

Karen's okay. She's a plucky main characater in a genre very full of them. She really hasn't stood out yet, but I guess she's inoffensive.

Hikari..... is kind of a meme. She acts like something out of a really bad Madoka Magica fanfiction and honestly kinda makes me cringe when she interacts with Karen. While I am definitely a fan of the cryptic dark haired beauty, I think she takes it so far I can't take her seriously. And she slapped Karen without even saying anything; while not even being the worst thing she did so far. And of course, Karen's like okay, that's cool. Maybe Karen just is into that kind of kink? I dunno.

Mahiru, despite also not being particularly sane, is pretty cute and has my attention the most. Over the years, I've probably grown far more sympathetic to the "always there for you" friend especially when she goes out of her way to keep Karen out of trouble. But this being anime will always have the MC always go after some random person that hasn't done anything for them for years all because of some stupid promise they made as children. Because that makes a lot of sense. As a side note, again, with the only actual lesbian in a yuri vibe anime being portrayed as crazy and to be the butt of a joke. Aww, man. Her revue was fun though.

Will be interested in how this turns out. Btw, this series is pretty, which is why I initially saw it. But you didn't need me to say that.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote