AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-31, 21:00   Link #201
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

The latest episode confirmed my assumption of the direction for this anime. This show will most likely prove to be lighthearted and one must be carefree to enjoy. It won't be a great show or bad one.
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-31, 21:01   Link #202
AC-Phoenix
Detective

What is it with all those Phoenix Wright jokes in anime lately oO?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-31, 21:18   Link #203
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.4

fresh day give kousaku see ringo looking on mirror yet wonder give farm been snacked give it assume a monkey doing.

so trap ideas from electric fence, feed it to full, even a gataling fire work blaster got denied so hire some otaku guy yet happen to blow dart expert yet caught a monkey.

yet wonder to do for monkey well the moos suggest bring to a zoo be happy there yet kousaku notice something on ringo.

call in kei & minori give had room all YES YES YES but got NO NO NO cause real reason that ringo never smile ever since she arrive.

so going kei's dark matter to minori's tickle both got reverse & ringo tickle minori give reason she can't smile.

in dream gaia talk so bring ringo a soil place give area been not growing yet in time can grow again with bitter tomato ringo is finally a smile.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-31, 21:25   Link #204
Zangor17

is it just me or are they really pushing kousaku and Ringo because they really seem to be showing them becoming closer but him and his childhood friend get nowhere.
Zangor17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-31, 21:38   Link #205
Anime Online

I thought the one Kousaku is closest to is the wallaby, Wakadanna, which is revealed to be Gaia. Go, Saint Seiya!
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 05:03   Link #206
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Episode 4 was very good. Probably the best one thus far. Cost of success shouldn't come at ones own enjoyment. May Ringo find her smile soon enough!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 05:58   Link #207
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

NSFW
MegaNYan
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

This series is a pleasant surprise I didn't know what I was getting into when it first aired, and do I love it! And that teacher
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 07:18   Link #208
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Did I just saw that old man holding a Nyarko-san poster?
Old 2014-02-01, 07:54   Link #209
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-2 View Post
Did I just saw that old man holding a Nyarko-san poster?
Same publisher.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 07:57   Link #210
majestix1988

Parodies(thing i see on episode 4)

1. Monster Hunter Monkey
2. Dangaronpa Eyes
3. Saint Seiya
4. Phoenix's Wright Objection!
Old 2014-02-01, 09:57   Link #211
aiuewatcher
The Eternal Newbie

It looks elaborate, Athena and Lalah Sune were played by Keiko Han.
aiuewatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 16:33   Link #212
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I love Yoshida and I only watch this for her. Easily takes 2nd place girl of the season for me.

No Becky this week is disappointing.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 22:07   Link #213
lightbringer
M9000

I was expecting something more serious, like Silver Spoon, when I heard that this is a farming setting. But this works, too. It fails on the farming topic but it is good enough for light entertainment with a pinch of drama.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-01, 22:11   Link #214
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
I was expecting something more serious, like Silver Spoon, when I heard that this is a farming setting. But this works, too. It fails on the farming topic but it is good enough for light entertainment with a pinch of drama.
Actually, I thought the analogy between the soil and Ringo's state of soul to be a very insightful one and well described.... In some ways that teeny segment was just as insightful as the best parts Gin no Saji offers - tho the latter is far more thought provoking and serious as a whole in my opinion.
Old 2014-02-01, 22:37   Link #215
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

Quote:
I was expecting something more serious, like Silver Spoon, when I heard that this is a farming setting.
Hmm on my term not at all since there is an idol setting mixed to it
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2014-02-01, 23:21   Link #216
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Actually, I thought the analogy between the soil and Ringo's state of soul to be a very insightful one and well described.... In some ways that teeny segment was just as insightful as the best parts Gin no Saji offers - tho the latter is far more thought provoking and serious as a whole in my opinion.
It was a good analogy in some ways, but as you say, that was just one small part of one episode, with the rest so far being typical romantic comedy, with the comedy part thick enough to throw common sense out the window. Which is totally fine, just totally not what I was expecting

OK, somewhere under all that otaku pandering there might also be a bit of social deconstruction mixed in, but you really have to dig for it
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-02, 00:50   Link #217
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Umm... social deconstruction as an underlying message in No-rin?

That reminds me of the old calvin and hobbes comic about his avant garde snowman:

Whatever else one can say about No-rin I think we can safely say it is not consciously laced through with social destructionism.

Err... at least in my opinion.

To be honest part of the reason it made an impression on me was because it seemed pretty close to my guess as to why Ringo quit being an idol and came to the agricultural school in the first place I made a few weeks back after ep 1 aired. Rarely do I guess anywhere close to the markon the reasons why people might be doing what they do in anime series, so there coud have been some happy self congratulation mixed in with the reason it made the impact on me that it did. Who knows? ^^
Old 2014-02-02, 15:15   Link #218
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangor17 View Post
is it just me or are they really pushing kousaku and Ringo because they really seem to be showing them becoming closer but him and his childhood friend get nowhere.
That's what's happening on the surface, for sure. But there is a deep connection between the childhood friends that might dominate in the end. The room full of "yes" was hilarious, sad, and charming, for me.

I'm getting more or less what I expected here -- more comedy than serious business -- but it's better than I expected. I only watched 2-3 episodes of Gin no Saji, which seemed boring and clunky up to that point, to me. I actually prefer this show. The analogy with the fallow field -- and the way the conclusion went unsaid -- was stronger for me than anything I saw in those few eps of Gin no Saji.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-02, 15:27   Link #219
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I actually didn't like this episode as much as the previous ones. The poignant moment would have normally been something worthy of Silver Spoon if it weren't for the fact that this show threw all it's dignity out of the window in the first episode. Sorry but the complete shift in tone was just far too much for me to take seriously. I was just waiting for there to be a massive punchline but it never materialised. I like this show a lot more when its focus is juvenile humour...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 21:33   Link #220
DeathAngelBR
Yuri addict

So I'm watching episode 3. Someone give me a really good reason to not drop this.
DeathAngelBR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, romantic comedy, shounen