Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-03, 13:59   Link #201
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

See thats what you miss when you dont watch the ED credits Very cool though.

Two things I noticed after rewatching 6 (first time got cut short...oh gawd did I just make that pun...)
1) I think this is the first time Neuro talks about using up his power. Up until now (which is why I asked in the manga thread) he didnt seem to have any type of limit but we see he does.
2) Yako reminded me much more of manga!yako in this epi. Her little monologue at the end was nice.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-01-07, 01:42   Link #202
EarlyBlake
N L A M

I just watch episode 6 also and I enjoyed it. Most of the time when I watch this series, I come away thing that episode could have been sooooooo much better. But the ending kind of bugged me. Since when are high school girls supposed to catch serial killers? The police don't even like to go up again them alone. And what exactly does she owe Neuro? All he does to knock her around then threaten her life? Why does she feel any obligation towards him? The overly plucky too easily put on anime girls are very unbelievable when you un-suspend you belief.
Old 2008-01-07, 02:59   Link #203
pingmeep
A koi is fine too...
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyBlake View Post
Why does she feel any obligation towards him? The overly plucky too easily put on anime girls are very unbelievable when you un-suspend you belief.
They handled it a bit better in the manga but that question was always in the back of my mind.

Is it just her father's mystery, appetite, sense of justice, the chance to observe human nature or is Neuro the persuasive/lovable bully.

That question of motivation is vexing but I'm still having fun watching.
Old 2008-01-07, 03:34   Link #204
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyBlake View Post
I just watch episode 6 also and I enjoyed it. Most of the time when I watch this series, I come away thing that episode could have been sooooooo much better. But the ending kind of bugged me. Since when are high school girls supposed to catch serial killers? The police don't even like to go up again them alone. And what exactly does she owe Neuro? All he does to knock her around then threaten her life? Why does she feel any obligation towards him? The overly plucky too easily put on anime girls are very unbelievable when you un-suspend you belief.
She says that she will stay with him until he solves her mystery (her dad's murder). It's different in the manga though.

The main reason is that Neuro threatens her. Nothing wrong there, right? Because he really would kill her if he wants and unlike a human, there are SOO many creepy ways he could torture and kill her (though I admit humans have some disturbing ways to torture people too). Better to keep your life and work part-time, than turn into a corpse, right?

Technically, Neuro's the one that catches the criminals. Yako couldn't stand a chance.

The police to whom? If you are talking about the criminals, well... would you? They're all crazy lunatics and very dangerous at that. If you are talking about Yako and Neuro, it's probably because she has a successful reputation as a detective, they know she can solve it, and if they don't, Neuro would force them.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-01-07, 10:53   Link #205
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Epi 7, I forgot did they show Sazazuka following the guy the whole time in the manga? I dont think they did but I dont remember either. I know they cut the part with his grandma though, it was just mentioned in the anime that she followed him.
Also if I remember the guy doesnt manipulate the camera but has someone else fill in for him at the store. Either way it still works.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-01-08, 01:44   Link #206
Ash Falls Town

Subbed Episode 6 felt a bit weird to me. Yako seemed to act more like her manga self and was almost going to bail on trying to catch the killer. Neuro seemed a lot angrier in the episode too like he was disapointed in Yako which seems strange to me since Neuro doesn't seem to expect Yako to be able to do anything on her own.
Episode 7 was good though because I didn't really understand anything the first time I watched. I think it was a good explanation to how he found out the "real criminal". I don't know why but the part at the start seemed to bother me though for some reason.
Spoiler for Yako Thoughts:
Old 2008-01-09, 11:29   Link #207
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

epi 14~
Spoiler:
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-01-09, 15:08   Link #208
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 14
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-01-09, 18:33   Link #209
free_lancer
~Nobody Important~

Spoiler for episode 14 comments:
Old 2008-01-09, 18:45   Link #210
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep14:

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-01-09, 18:51   Link #211
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

OK I thought it had some manga bases but I wasnt totally sure. Mixing of manga and filler isnt fun
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-01-10, 01:39   Link #212
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Even though I don't know who "HAL or Sixs" is, cutting them out seems to be an indicator that this series is going with the fluff route >_< anyway though...I hope X gets solved...we need another epix fight

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-01-10, 11:04   Link #213
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Even though I don't know who "HAL or Sixs" is, cutting them out seems to be an indicator that this series is going with the fluff route >_< anyway though...I hope X gets solved...we need another epix fight
According to a post over on the Neuro lj comm, epi 16 and 17 will introduce HAL, this is a good thing Whether or not we see Sixs though is anyones guess.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-01-10, 17:49   Link #214
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
According to a post over on the Neuro lj comm, epi 16 and 17 will introduce HAL, this is a good thing Whether or not we see Sixs though is anyones guess.
I wonder where he got the Japanese summaries...

Well, they seem to be skipping various characters, but those brothers are not major players in the arc (I think), so it shouldn't be too bad.
According to JP wiki, the anime will have 25 episodes. I haven't found that anywhere else, so I still can't be sure.
But if so, they could end the series with Sixs' appearance which marks the fall of another villain (though Ai doesn't seem to exist -_-).
Also, that still leaves Yako's father's death's mystery. They should just leave it unsolved to prevent strange divergence from the manga.

Old 2008-01-12, 05:17   Link #215
Ash Falls Town

I'm a bit late to comment on 14.
Regardless
Spoiler for Episode 14:

Spoiler for Future:

Now I still like the anime but everything about it screams "I should be better than this" which sucks.
Old 2008-01-12, 20:42   Link #216
BanditKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Epi 7, I forgot did they show Sazazuka following the guy the whole time in the manga? I dont think they did but I dont remember either.
Yup in the manga he didn't follow him just neuro and yako.In fact i don't think he was involve in that case at all, which is why he pay yako a little visit a bit after that.
Old 2008-01-15, 18:03   Link #217
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

@Bandit King: Oh! I remember that now, I forgot he showed up later at their place in the manga.

well....
Spoiler for epi 15:
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-01-16, 18:52   Link #218
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep15:

Old 2008-01-17, 03:16   Link #219
Ash Falls Town

Spoiler for 15:
Old 2008-01-17, 12:38   Link #220
free_lancer
~Nobody Important~

Spoiler for episode 15:
Closed Thread