AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-22, 01:47   Link #201
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Don't worry, I for one understand your point completely.

I do hope it happens that way. Although, again, poor Yuzu.
Old 2008-08-22, 01:56   Link #202
Ultenth

I understood you as well, and I agree with a lot of it, but you have to remember that she's been betrayed a lot in the past, so she has a history of it and might react in a manner befitting that. I think of course in the end they will make up, but I'm just saying I won't be suprised if he ends up having to work for it and do something to make it up to her if she gets upset when/if she finds out.
Old 2008-08-22, 02:05   Link #203
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Don't worry, I for one understand your point completely.

I do hope it happens that way. Although, again, poor Yuzu.
yeah, I feel sorry for Yuzu too. for 10 years she's been wanting Daisuke to like her, but he never did. that's gotta really hurt, especially when she noticed he fell in love with Aikawa.

She has been betrayed a lot in the past, but I think the situation is different. In the case with Aikawa and Daisuke, I think she would feel betrayed had he started telling people, rather than try his best to act as if he knew nothing.

I can relate to both Aikawa and Daisuke in a lot of ways. I'm personally terrified of people I don't know, and have been betrayed a LOT by people I thought I was very close with, as well as being mentally abused by my dad, but on the other hand, i'm a little like daisuke, in that despite what happened in aikawa's past, it doesn't make him think any less of her (or something of that nature. but that trait of mine is mostly because of a lot of stuff that happened in my own past)

もいちど。。。
Old 2008-08-22, 02:30   Link #204
DanielSong39

Man, oh man, more trauma for Aikawa.

Personally I think she needs her mother more than she needs a boyfriend.

Just how much more can she take before going insane?
Old 2008-08-22, 03:58   Link #205
Nenkitsune

o_O wow...well that was slightly unexpected.
haha guess I was wrong ^_^
but crap, i really want to know what happens next.
I feel dumb now. I forgot that the only thing that got revealed was that she gave birth.
T_T i hope suwa can do something to make it up to her...
though, kazuki being there is a really big problem. with how obsessive she is, she can easily destroy aikawa. So as of right now, I'm not sure which is hitting her hardest, knowing that daisuke knows absolutely everything, or that kazuki may have found out everything. The initial shock of finding out that he knew probably hit pretty hard, but if she had a bit of time to calm down and such, she might realize that it's not such a horrible thing for him to know. but if kazuki found out, the only thing she could do is run away and never come back to school. kazuki would destroy her life. completely destroy it out of pure jealousy and her obsession with daisuke. (but I'm not sure how seriously she took yuza's words. kazuki doesn't seem like the type that would give up even after hearing that)

もいちど。。。
Old 2008-08-22, 04:18   Link #206
yongshun

cliff hanger damn
Spoiler for chp29:
Old 2008-08-22, 04:37   Link #207
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
shouldn't you be used to the cliffhangers by now ?
Spoiler for chap 29:
Old 2008-08-22, 04:54   Link #208
Nenkitsune

that is true frubam

Spoiler for ch29:

もいちど。。。
Old 2008-08-22, 05:15   Link #209
Ultenth

Spoiler for 29:
Old 2008-08-22, 05:21   Link #210
Nenkitsune

Oh no Ultenth, we are NOT having another "nice boat" ending hahaha.

もいちど。。。
Old 2008-08-22, 05:29   Link #211
Ultenth

Haha, everyone has been talking about it for a while, but saying Kazuki would be the one doing it. I say if it does happen, I'd much prefer it the way I suggested. Lol, nah, I honestly really am not sure how they will end up resolving those two girl's ends. The main storyline seems like it will end rather naturally and predicibly, so right now I'm mostly curious about how the other stories will end.

Damn, I really wish this series would go on longer. This is by far my fav work of the Kei Kusunoki-sensei, I wish she had chosen to drop her other stuff and just work focus on this one a bit longer. Maybe push it to the 100ish chapter range and show how the main chars deal with the progression of their relationship and how they will get past her issues and possibly get to a point where they can become physically intimate. Also I'm sure both of them could turn out to be pretty jealous, because he's so protective of her, and she's so scarred from betrayals, so it would be interesting to throw in a potential foil interested in her or something like that.

Oh well, maybe in a couple years she's get the urge to do just that, I certianly hope so.
Old 2008-08-22, 05:35   Link #212
Nenkitsune

agreed, this is by far my favorite work done by her. (actually, it's one of my favorite series right now, it's so good infact, that i've read every chapter about 4+ times now, and I have NEVER re-read ANY series before hah)t.

100ish might be too long, but maybe a couple more volumes would be best.

I think they both already are very jealous. Yuzu doesn't seem to be the type that would resort to such things, but kazuki has already shown that she has NO problem with causing serious physical harm to aikawa. Yuzu seems to be much more understanding towards daisuke's feelings, so if anything, she may grow to support them instead.
But Kazuki...man, i have no idea what's going on in her head. she's an absolute nut case.....I just thought of something....she's a nut case, that has no problem pulling sharp objects on people...wow, as much as I hate to say it, things could turn into a "nice boat" ending.
T_T Don't do that kusunoki! Make it end happy!

depending on how this ends, it may be nice to see her do a sequal of sorts in the future.

もいちど。。。
Old 2008-08-22, 05:40   Link #213
Ultenth

Yeah, if anything I wouldn't mind a time-skip college years series that focus' on the more mature relationship issues such as physical love, the idea of being together forever, potentially having kids, maybe meeting her child, a guy who falls in love with her, stuff like that. It would be really interesting to see how a relationship that started the way it did (if you think about it, the whole way they got together was pretty messed up and weird) and with her having the issues she does, how they would deal with some of those circumstances.

And yeah, it should be pretty obvious by the way I'm spamming this thread that it is probably my fav manga currently out there, and while I'm excited to finally get to read more of it, I'm pretty bummed it didn't get to go on longer.
Old 2008-08-22, 05:48   Link #214
Nenkitsune

Well this is really the first time I've seriously discussed about any series (manga or anime)
and most all of my posts recently have been in this one thread. I'm going to be really sad when this series ends. It's constantly making me tear up haha

もいちど。。。
Old 2008-08-22, 09:17   Link #215
NEONJE

Hello all,

It looks like this plot wont be settled until the last page of the final chapter. I hate that. I always like an extra chapter of prologue giving us a glimpse into the future. A little prologue helps me get on a story that I've been reading for a longtime. I think it should be a rule that every manga should have a happy prologue chapter at the end of it giving us a glimpse in the future of our characters.

Even though this is just fiction, I have really felt a great deal of sadness while reading this manga. Aikawa's had an extra bad thing happen to her and it's great that she is getting t experience love. However, you have to feel for Daisuke as well because no matter how much he loves her, her past is always going to influence and affect her life in a negative way unless she gets some professional help and becomes one of the lucky few who is able to successfully deal with and resolve her past. If she can't have any more children, this will probably affect her since she will probably want to give him children and will she be able to have a normal sex life with Daisuke or will sex bring back the times she was abused? Like I already said, some women are able to get help and deal with these issues and they become a stronger and better person because of it. A lot of women though even with lots of professional help are never quite able to come to terms with the past and it influences and wrecks havoc on the rest of their lives along with the people who love them. These are the types of questions this manga will leave me thinking about. It is a really good story. I had avoided this manga at first because the name made me think it was about a teenage boy who was having a hard time getting laid. (yes, that's what i thought this manga would be about, hehe)

Jeffrey
Old 2008-08-22, 11:33   Link #216
KickHopper
[Never Give Up]
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to KickHopper Send a message via MSN to KickHopper
Spoiler for Chapter 29:

[R.I.P Lisa Chung : A Truly Remarkable Person.]
Old 2008-08-22, 12:42   Link #217
Merlin7777

Honestly, what can she pull? She's going on a date with Daisuke, but she isn't going to try to kill Aikawa?

She knows that Daisuke doesn't lover her, and that he loves Aikawa, yet she still believes that she can change that fact some how. What in the hell would she do on a date that could possibly change his mind?
Old 2008-08-22, 14:38   Link #218
X207
Gamyūsa

when he hears that aikawa wants to leave, he'll drop/leave the date faster than light can travel. i just hope kazuki finally gives up with that, though it it doesnt work then kissing aikawa should finally hammer the point into kazuki's head.
Old 2008-08-22, 14:43   Link #219
DanielSong39

The irony in all of this is that Aikawa should leave and it's the best decision she could make at this point.

I can only wish that's the ending, but not really getting my hopes up on that one.
Old 2008-08-23, 10:28   Link #220
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I don't get how leaving the one person who truly loves and understands you to go far away and once again bare the burden of having no one know your secret could be the best decison to make. Perhaps you could expound on that?

Spoiler for chap 30:
Closed Thread