AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-03-20, 11:17   Link #201
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNE
hmm, i dont know if anyones brought up this question yet, so.. err i was wondering where do u think sasukes heading??gone to find itachi or oro or something ?_?
I thought so too... He donīt know where he is and where he has to head.

I think the other Jutsu of Shikamaru is something suicide-like...
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 11:41   Link #202
Sethi
StormRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNE
hmm, i dont know if anyones brought up this question yet, so.. err i was wondering where do u think sasukes heading??gone to find itachi or oro or something ?_?
With all that laughing and not answering Naruto at all this time Sasuke snapped completely, personally i am beginning to think that at this point he is beyond salvation, i hope someone kills him and get this over with.
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 12:03   Link #203
jekyll18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icer
Kishimoto will have an explanation for what happened, dont fret that it's just going to be one of those lame Showing up miraculous healing circumstances.
I haven't been disappointed with the first 209 chapters, there's no reason to believe we will be now.
.. remember that Tsunade has the Regeneration Jutsu.. Maybe.. just maybe she redirected that jutsu to Lee, in which case regenerating his bones and nerves near the spinal column. If this were to happen, then the recuperating time should be just short, just like what happened to her wounds on the fight with Orochimaru. I'm just guessing. Opinions anyone?
jekyll18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 12:06   Link #204
Kayess
Guy From Canada

I promised myself that I would not get into this topic.. but I guess I am untrue to myself in this instance . Anyways.. it seems as if Rock Lee was ready to go with the team BEFORE they head out.. as he was in his fighting gear. I believe it is possible, but unlikely, that he could have gotten the operation before that day and was still recovering. He did not seem to be in any pain or such when he was talking with the genin team as they were heading out. I believe he may have just been waiting around, somewhat recooperating from the surgery and decided to use the heal gate to get himself up and running. It seems as though it would be Lee over anyone else because Gai would never use Henge to change into Lee just to help the Genin. As for anyone else, they do not have the taijutsu style that Lee does. That does not mean his speed or strength, but each fighter has their unique stances and way of fighting, and unless Lee was heavily stalked for a long time for the stalker to learn all of his nuisances, I find it highly doubtful that someone else would be just using Henge. However, I am open to the idea that this is Lee's final fight. I do not see him having a role in the series, he does not seem to fit anywhere and he seems a bit too unreal. I think it would be good to use him as a sacrifice to show the power of work and determination above all else. It would do wonders for the show, in my opinion, if he did not get the surgery but was fighting using the gates and beat Kimi... then died. As much as I loved seeing him return, I would love it more if he died in a blaze of glory, validating his life's ambition of becoming a truly strong ninja. I mean, how else can say they fought when everyone said it would be impossible to continue as a ninja and still defeat a massively strong opponent. Just my thoughts. I do not hate Lee, I just think his death would benefit the show as a whole.

Off topic, I hope Hinata comes to save Naruto and shows him how she has changed as a ninja. That'd be awesome. By the way, yes, I am another Hinata fan!
Kayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 12:11   Link #205
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

I take the bet, this arc will finish with Naruto & Co in front of the Hero stone of Konoha looking at the name of Rock Lee at bottom of the list of the ninja who sacrificed their life for Konoha ^^
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 12:22   Link #206
Asmedaus

No, if this is Lee's last fight then it doesn't prove much. Sure, the opponent is difficult to beat, but we don't know if Naruto could have taken him. Lee's ambition is to prove that hard work can surpass genius and this means he needs to test himself against: Neji, Sasuke, and Naruto. I don't see a great victory in which you are dying after you have finished the battle. If Lee was going to die in this way, then he would have during the Gaara angle.

I'm not saying it's not going to happen, just that it won't prove much. It'll prove that Lee could beat his current opponent, but not that hard work can surpass genius.

I get the feeling that there seems to be too many good guys and not enough villans. So people think that good guys need to start dying off. Yet, why? I think it's perfectly reasonable for Lee to just fade into the background of the story only appearing occasionally to show how much he has grown.
Asmedaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 12:30   Link #207
sheen

I don't think Sasuke is beyond Salvation. Neji commented that there is one person that can bring him out of the darkness - Naruto, and plus Orochimaru even noted how Naruto is slowing eroding and changing Sasuke's ambition and they should be seperated early.

Sasuke isn't going to die; the inevitable has to take place unless some unexpected interruption occurs again -_-

Lee appearing on the scene...in my opinion, there is only similar two reasonable explanations that has already been mentioned:
i) the operation failed and Lee is fighting his last fight or
ii) he is somehow fighting on will and will possibly die as well

The disguising thing is really farfetched. Why would anybody, Itachi or Kabuto, need to disguise themselves? Gai would do that either, no matter how much he wants to help Lee's dream come true and if Gai was going to battle, I rather accept Synaptik-san's thoery of "if you cant be there to help your friends...i will do so in your place, just concentrate on getting through the surgery" instead of disguising as Lee. And no, Kakashi isn't cruel XP

Even if the operation was a success there was no way he could have catched up in such a sort amount of time. I don't think there was a way for Tsunade to transfer the Regeneration Jutsu to Lee. It shortens her life to even use it on herself.

Whatever, Lee is here and he is going to fight. I highly believe that this is his last battle. He might not prove his nindo, but isn't his dream to become a great ninja even with just Taijustu? I read somewhere the different "themes of naruto" at different arcs. Maybe this twist isn't trying to prove that hard work could surpass a genius. I'm expecting something along the lines of dying for a cause or something. As hunter-san has said, Lee would be a KIA hero?

I hope Shikamaru is going to be alright. It is clear that Shika have one more jutsu up his sleeves? I think I read somewhere in the last couple of chapters that he has already resorted to his last jutsu, the Shadow Neck Bind. He better not die on me.

All in all, the chapter was pretty entertaining. I didn't find the twist dispointing, if anything, I was just surprised.
sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 13:28   Link #208
chibi Jiraiya plushy

Send a message via AIM to chibi Jiraiya plushy Send a message via Yahoo to chibi Jiraiya plushy
Okay first off the lines I found funny
Shikamaru-"Socking a defenseless woman goes against my policy ,but You don't seem in any way defenseless"
Sound nin- "And then there was one"

SWEEET SASUKE CAME OUT OF THE BOX SWEEEEEEEEEET
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! *fangirl squeal*
I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HOW BADASS HE LOOKS!!!

...NOOOO Sasuke+evil violent laugh= NOT GOOD!!!

(typing this while reading manga chapter)

Naruto "Sasuke can't you hear me damnit!"...smart Naruto REAL smart...

SOUND NIN CAN'T KILL NARUTO *cuddles Naruto plushy while cying*

SWEET ROCK LEE!!!! REAL COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *other fangirl squeal*

Now the story's getting SOMEWHERE!!!

YEAHHHHHH ROCK LEE SURVIVED THE SURGERY I KNEW IT YAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!
*cheers repeatedly for Rock Lees Amazing entrance*

Naruto still calls Rock Lee thick brows...
What an idiot
Oh well *sighs* we can't ALL be smart like Shikamaru

Finally finished the chapter and I loved it!!! I can't believe that Rock Lee is back man am I glad though cause finally this battle is gonna get good...I just hope that Rock Lee is fully healed from the operation...Unless... they didn't go through the operation...but that's not even possible cause then...how could he even be fighting???
I AM CONFUSED!!! Yeah oh well Can't wait for next chapter to come out!!!

Last edited by chibi Jiraiya plushy; 2004-03-20 at 13:43.
chibi Jiraiya plushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 13:44   Link #209
chibi Jiraiya plushy

Send a message via AIM to chibi Jiraiya plushy Send a message via Yahoo to chibi Jiraiya plushy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheen
I don't think Sasuke is beyond Salvation. Neji commented that there is one person that can bring him out of the darkness - Naruto, and plus Orochimaru even noted how Naruto is slowing eroding and changing Sasuke's ambition and they should be seperated early.

Sasuke isn't going to die; the inevitable has to take place unless some unexpected interruption occurs again -_-

Lee appearing on the scene...in my opinion, there is only similar two reasonable explanations that has already been mentioned:
i) the operation failed and Lee is fighting his last fight or
ii) he is somehow fighting on will and will possibly die as well

The disguising thing is really farfetched. Why would anybody, Itachi or Kabuto, need to disguise themselves? Gai would do that either, no matter how much he wants to help Lee's dream come true and if Gai was going to battle, I rather accept Synaptik-san's thoery of "if you cant be there to help your friends...i will do so in your place, just concentrate on getting through the surgery" instead of disguising as Lee. And no, Kakashi isn't cruel XP

Even if the operation was a success there was no way he could have catched up in such a sort amount of time. I don't think there was a way for Tsunade to transfer the Regeneration Jutsu to Lee. It shortens her life to even use it on herself.

Whatever, Lee is here and he is going to fight. I highly believe that this is his last battle. He might not prove his nindo, but isn't his dream to become a great ninja even with just Taijustu? I read somewhere the different "themes of naruto" at different arcs. Maybe this twist isn't trying to prove that hard work could surpass a genius. I'm expecting something along the lines of dying for a cause or something. As hunter-san has said, Lee would be a KIA hero?

I hope Shikamaru is going to be alright. It is clear that Shika have one more jutsu up his sleeves? I think I read somewhere in the last couple of chapters that he has already resorted to his last jutsu, the Shadow Neck Bind. He better not die on me.

All in all, the chapter was pretty entertaining. I didn't find the twist dispointing, if anything, I was just surprised.
GAH HOW COULD WISH DEATH ON ROCK LEE T_T
chibi Jiraiya plushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 14:37   Link #210
Kisame Hoshigaki

did anybody else find the sasuke thing of him busting out of the barrel and just running off stupid?

ok so now that we know who the visitors are, why did kiba freak out then? any thoughts?
Kisame Hoshigaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 15:09   Link #211
sheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibi Jiraiya plushy
GAH HOW COULD WISH DEATH ON ROCK LEE T_T
^^; I'm not exactly wishing death on Rock Lee. I like him the guy. It's really unbelievable to have Lee survive the Gaara fight, go through the operation, and catch up with the current plot line just like that and still live after it is over.

As much as I would love a happy, happy ending because I'm one of those fairy tale believing person, I doubt that the Konoha's genins will all come back alive. All characters serve a purpose in the story and I just think that Lee is going to fulfil his purpose.

I am wondering as well if there is another person other than Lee.
sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 16:21   Link #212
El Diablo

Send a message via AIM to El Diablo Send a message via MSN to El Diablo Send a message via Yahoo to El Diablo
Considering Sasuke can't go to Orochimaru, maybe he's decided to run to Konoha with his Level 2 seal since he's more powerful now.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 16:32   Link #213
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo
Considering Sasuke can't go to Orochimaru, maybe he's decided to run to Konoha with his Level 2 seal since he's more powerful now.
but he has no clue where he is right now. Sasuke doesn't know where Konoha is nor where neverland ranch is. He was probably just mad with power and ran off into the woods without thinking. Next chapter he'll realize he's lost, stop, then cry like a little girl until Naruto finds him.
Old 2004-03-20, 16:33   Link #214
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Alright, what's with this business? A bunch of you folks want Rock dead.

I don't want to see Rock dead... I think he has enough potential to serve a bigger purpose in the future just like Neji.

So, I deem this week...

"Rock Appreciation Week"
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 16:58   Link #215
Truesquirrel
Call me Squirrelmaster

A few points

I would like to bring several things to everyone's attention. First of all, Naruto was not crushed in any way by Kimi. Someone with good taijutsu skills would have no problem avoided and hitting them just once, which is all it takes. Naruto tends to test his opponents before he gets serious, as we have seen with Gaara, Neji, and even Kiba.

As for Shikamaru, he is not in dire trouble yet. In his last panel, he thought to himself "It appears I will have to use THAT jutsu." He has some other trick up his sleeve, and whether or not he will live through it remains to be seen.

It is quite clear that Lee is not yet fully recovered. Naruto mentions the speed of his arrival, and Lee says not to worry about it. I think it is very unlikely that he would have been able to get out of the hospital without first going through surgery. Unlike before, he now has Guy and Tsunade watching over him constantly. It is likely, however, that he left as soon as he recovered from the immediate operation. Also, for all those claiming he will be instantly defeated, there is one piece of evidence against that. In the last panel, while looking at Lee, Kimimaro says "This guy....is good." This would lead me to believe that Lee has at least some hope of defeating him.

I know this was long, but I hope it was worth reading. By the way, Sasuke versus Naruto is assuredly going to happen. It's been coming for a long time.

Last edited by Truesquirrel; 2004-03-20 at 18:06.
Truesquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 17:11   Link #216
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truesquirrel
As for Shikamaru, he is not in dire trouble yet. In his last panel, he thought to himself "It appears I will have to use THAT jutsu." He has some other trick up his sleeve, and whether or not he will live through it remains to be seen.
As someone pointed out eariler that was a mistranslation. Shikamaru says "kono jutsu", meaning this jutsu, rather than "ano jutsu" which would mean that jutsu. What Shika meant was he had to put everything into making his shadow neck bind work.
I wonder, does inane have a different translater now? Lately there seems to be quite a few mistranslations, as well as translations that aren't wrong, but are not quite right giving the context. It seems like someone who doesn't really know much about Naruto did that chapter. No offense to inane, but their recent work hasn't been quite as good as they had been doing.
Old 2004-03-20, 17:47   Link #217
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki
ok so now that we know who the visitors are, why did kiba freak out then? any thoughts?
Yeah, here my thought: KIBA WAS TALKING ABOUT SAKON AND UKON.

I still dont get why people havent given up on that yet.

I suppose you could argue that he was confused ass to why someone he thought was severely injured was nearby (Lee, that is - for the thickos), not that that makes even the smallest bit of sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade
I don't want to see Rock dead... I think he has enough potential to serve a bigger purpose in the future just like Neji.
When Lee defeats Kimimaro, he will have proved his nindo (hard work can beat a genius), and he will therefore have no further use in the story, having completed his story segment.
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 17:47   Link #218
Gabo-san

It's funny, before i read it I was just talking about the fact that Lee's been out of commission for waaaaaaaaaaay too long. Also, i felt sorry for him because it seems like since the gaara fight there have been less lee fans and more shikamaru fans.

i wonder.. if lee caught up to naruto, you think he would've passed at LEAST one of the other genins, well maybe he did and we just don't know it yet. i guess we'll have to wait and see

One thing though, if Lee gets seriously injured or even killed I will be REALLY pissed!
Gabo-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 17:49   Link #219
Zidane

Where exactly (what chapter and what page) did kiba mention more people where coming? I cant find it honestly
Zidane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 17:52   Link #220
Laxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truesquirrel
I know this was long, but I hope it was worth reading. By the way, Sasuke versus Naruto is assuredly going to happen. It's been coming for a long time.
Nah, I don't mind long posts but please paragraph next time. Seeing a huge block of text like that can put anybody off. Nonetheless, I personally do hope that Naruto and Susake get serious soon...like in the next 1-2 chapters. I wanna see Sasuke's level 2 hair
Laxe is offline   Reply With Quote