Don't really like her, don't really hate her. 190 21.49%
I dislike her.. 87 9.84%
I HATE HER. 143 16.18%
Other. 16 1.81%
Voters: 884. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-02, 08:30   Link #2201
Le_Rukia

Location: I am living life and having a ball ... wondering why Lent isn't two weeks vs 8
Send a message via MSN to Le_Rukia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsukushii Hono'o View Post

This is where I have to disagree with you. I don't believe her love is harmful to Ichigo in any way at all. In fact I believe the opposite. Orihime's love for Ichigo is harmful to Orihime. It is because that love, she has no self worth, is a victim of envy. It negatively influences her decision making abilities. That is the problem I have with it. If someone could convince me it was a good thing. I wouldn't have issues with her feelings at all.

The BIG difference is. It wasn't until the the moment Rukia had been deceived into thinking Ichigo and his cohorts lives would be pardoned. Did she allow herself to be happy that Ichigo had come. From the first time she heard about him being alive and there, till she was minutes from incineration did she allow herself to be a little happy. Even then she put her feelings aside and pleaded with him to save himself.

When she wondered why Ichigo had come. At no time until she admit she was happy until he thought he was safe. She also thought about him and everyone who tried to save her and her friends and every one else.

Orihime stated she was happy that they (Ichigo came). The moment she she heard he had come. Not when she saw him...No because all was well and although she'd die anyway, he was safe. Not be because she thought he'd be saved. As soon as she heard they(he) had come. At this point he's in "DANGER"
She says "They" but they only focused on Ichigo. She unlike Rukia actually was apprised of who came with him but she's only happy about Ichigo's arrival. She left to prevent that.

She claims she thought no one would come to save her. No one can convince that deep down inside she really believed that. Knowing Ichigo and the others she should know that her going wouldn't change a thing.

When I factor in that and her own admitted jealousies or her envy of Rukia. Her on feelings of misery and failure. Her own self deprecation because of her perceived ideas about the nature of Ichigo's relationship with Rukia.Coupled with fact that she may have made some stupid choices but she's not really stupid. She just doesn't apply common sense. Knowing that despite that fact she doesn't personally know him... she comes pretty close to guessing Ichigo's feelings.

Her going to his house and pouring on the tears, the touching and almost kissing him. (She could have healed him without the extra ) Was because deep down she truly wished that he would wake up or notice she was there.

Just as she to wanted to see how important she was to Ichigo. If he could or would move hell and earth to save her. I believe it was an unconscious desire and one that not even she was aware of. I just think it was indeed a desire of hers. She may not have said words " I want to be saved too!" But a small part of her wished for it.

So when I hear her say "The truth was that I was a little happy inside"

It just confirms my beliefs. (For me, not saying it has to for you) that she readily accepted her fate, conveniently lost her faith in her religion of "Kurosaki-kun", convinced herself it was okay to passively obey and allow herself to be used, (after given time away from the big- bad -kidnapper-man) give her last goodbye to her one shining star in her dead , lifeless , dark, and dreary skies... Ichigo.

She convinced herself she was doing the right thing by going. because no one would come to save her anyway. Because she had an unconscious hope, wish to be saved, and really pathetic and needy reason for it

Unconscious or not, it screams to me that her feelings for Ichigo are not healthy for her. To me it is an example of ...When loving some one is not good for you. Lovesick, cry-baby, insecure women get on my nerves. You can have a little too much of those qualities sometimes and it makes you hate a character. Orihime is one of them when it comes to things I dislike about a character. which leads me to this thread... that and I have no life...
You have cover so many things here... I really agree and I think we have hammered out Orihime issues; I don't think we missed any ... so as the manga/amine goes forward, does anyone believe, Orihime character will change; if how?
Old 2008-12-02, 11:04   Link #2202
Ichigo&Rukia

Cool

Quote:
As for the kiss, she never even actually kissed him. Sheesh.
What? Wouldn't you be at least a bit scared or uncomfortable if someone from the opposite sex has his/her lips millimetres from yours?
Whatever fans say, it is obsessive. it's very very obsessive. After all, just think about it. Would you ever do such thing?
No matter how much she loves him, she has no right to do this. It's a forced touch. She is just sixteen and she was influenced by emotions. But that is too much damn it-it's disgusting.
Old 2008-12-02, 11:45   Link #2203
Langus
Optimus Prime

Scared? hahahaha

Uncomfortable, maybe depending on the circumstances. More likely nervous than anything else. But I don't think too many mature guys would blanch at the thought of having a pretty girl want to kiss them.

You need to grow up a bit kid.
Old 2008-12-02, 11:58   Link #2204
Sinta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo&Rukia View Post
What? Wouldn't you be at least a bit scared or uncomfortable if someone from the opposite sex has his/her lips millimetres from yours?
Whatever fans say, it is obsessive. it's very very obsessive. After all, just think about it. Would you ever do such thing?
No matter how much she loves him, she has no right to do this. It's a forced touch. She is just sixteen and she was influenced by emotions. But that is too much damn it-it's disgusting.
I think that is pushing it a bit. It was wrong yes. She should not have done it, but I don't think i can really blame her considering the circumstance and the fact that she pulled back. Something like this isn't totally uncommon; even in anime. Have you ever seenn S-cryed ?here is a scene in there that is very similar. I've written about it. The seen was meant to be sweet I think.
Old 2008-12-02, 16:09   Link #2205
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Not if I was conscious

P.S. Im doing 7-8 hours of homewoek nightly, so i can't participate in the discussion properly + my brain is fried, so if I miscalculate something in your post, kindly correct me ^^

*falls asleep pn keyboard*
Old 2008-12-02, 16:16   Link #2206
Scarlett_Rain55

You can only be a stalker if you're hot!
Old 2008-12-02, 16:39   Link #2207
Utsukushii Hono'o
Banned

Location: Currently stalking, Evil Rick, Larthak, Malin, Kholdstare, lv23, as always Endrance.anafewothrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
That's what I gathered...
Old 2008-12-02, 16:44   Link #2208
Le_Rukia

Location: I am living life and having a ball ... wondering why Lent isn't two weeks vs 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
Insert life back into Stalker theory ....AGAIN..... Ok... I did try to move on from this but ….what the hell, since everyone loves talking about it….
.. for the record the girl is borderline stalker not quite over the line but she constantly hovers on it….. It has been shown on occasions that if Ichigo came to a stand still after a long run she would probably end up kissing his ass.. literally… (His thinking by mistake, hers on purpose)….. she did commit a breaking an entering charge, but so what she did not get caught, and yes I think if he had awaken to find her over him …. He would have FREAKED out… he does not do her like that …. He is a real Virgin, only time he has been known to have interest in the opposite sex, in that way was when Matsumoto lifted her skirt, and he tried to get a peak…..other that nothing, … so major FREAK out scene with him screaming, “UGH Too Close, too Close”
Old 2008-12-02, 16:50   Link #2209
Utsukushii Hono'o
Banned

Location: Currently stalking, Evil Rick, Larthak, Malin, Kholdstare, lv23, as always Endrance.anafewothrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le_Rukia View Post
I.. It has been shown on occasions that if Ichigo came to a stand still after a long run she would probably end up kissing his ass.. literally… (His thinking by mistake, hers on purpose)…..

(statement is WIN)
Old 2008-12-02, 17:36   Link #2210
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
she did commit a breaking an entering charge, but so what she did not get caught,
Know what I just realised? She can't pass through anything, yet her tears hit his face? Is this an Aizen glitch??

And she grasped his hand...does this mean that she can reject the spell?(lol, frivolous speculation, but it's a valid question)
Old 2008-12-02, 17:41   Link #2211
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsukushii Hono'o View Post
So it's okay if the girl is psychopath as long as she's hot?
simple answer: yes. I have fallen for those and still will.. at first it was a bit strange to find pink plushy cat-ears on my car's mirror in the morning, but... I like that! But Orihime's not one of them She would have never have stepped into Ichigo's room if it wasn't for her very last chance to see him. In fact it's a bit out of character and it only happened thanks to the circumstances.

Quote:
I understand that you have the feeling it was kind of abusing. But Ichigo would have woken up the moment she kissed him. Then and only then we could really say she was right/wrong/whatever. It's just like that classic scene where the boy/girl takes heart and walks up to the person to kiss her/him without asking questions bond-style.

Btw, why are you people having orgasms about the smelling-thing? That's perhaps one of the first things I notice on a girl and it is often portrayed the other way around where all the girls smell of roses and stuff(hmmm remembering the scene with Iketani and Mako in Intial D when they first met ). Yes, very animal-like, but it's a fact. I once had a long-distance-relationship and I could tell when her scent vanished some days after she's gone

Quote:
She didn’t say, “Uliqurra please don’t kill them, just send them back”; She just wined and felt sorry as they started to die off… Did not step in at all to negotiate…..
You missed that slap? that's certainly a way to negotiate And I never liked it when Rukia started begging and was oh-so-ok with getting killed.. She could have been at least a little bit more rebellious considering her usual attitude. Orihime's supershy in normal life and managed to slap Ulqi, that was just whoa to me tbh, I thought she couldn't stand up to his mindplaygames.
Old 2008-12-02, 20:05   Link #2212
Le_Rukia

Quote:
You missed that slap? that's certainly a way to negotiate And I never liked it when Rukia started begging and was oh-so-ok with getting killed.. She could have been at least a little bit more rebellious considering her usual attitude. Orihime's supershy in normal life and managed to slap Ulqi, that was just whoa to me tbh, I thought she couldn't stand up to his mindplaygames.
you know you are correct I did forget the slap..( that slap was up there with the hinamori knock out from Yama)... OK we will credit her ....hummm what the hell +20 points for the slap....... now she has what a - 80 points to go to get back in the game.. as for Rukia, hell she just wanted them safe that is why she tried to runaway in the real world, that is why she threaten him, and that is why she tried to beg for their safe return...for the sake of her friends no she did not go rebellious; situation did not allow for it
Old 2008-12-02, 20:40   Link #2213
~viva.la.vida~
★bond between sun & moon☼

with -80 points it seems like orihime wont be escaping le-chan's crusade xD
Old 2008-12-02, 21:11   Link #2214
Utsukushii Hono'o
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
hey...I wouldn't be the first human being to judge someone on looks
No you wouldn't and I am not faulting you for it. It's just that the confession can't be sweet when its a big-boobied-broad and then creepy at the same time if it's a person like Annie Wilkes. (Misery)

It's one or the other or you are hypocrite.^_^

That's all I am saying...

Quote:
about the insinuating into Ichigo's life, I more than likely missed it.
Did she or didn't she run up to Ichigo every time she saw him? In most of those conversations didn't she approach him first? Did she or didn't she just start hanging around him?

She has to make herself seen or she will be ignored. (If it's possible to ignore anymore than he already does) ^_^

That is what I mean by insinuation...
Quote:
Though I can probably agree on the unconscious hope, Rukia displayed the same thing imo.
What makes you say that.

There is nothing to suggest that she didn't do anything but resign herself to to her fate. (Execution) and beg Ichigo to leave.

She didn't watch Ichigo go through hell to save a friend (lover, or whatever you want to label her) before hand. She didn't compare herself to that same girl he tried to save before she did the same thing. The situation was nearly the same but the mitigating circumstances were different.

@ Mike ...Some dudes just like psycho women. I ain't mad at ya... It's good you know they are. What you seem to have forgotten that there is also different degrees of insanity, and or mental illnesses. Orihime has one...she's just not the killer kind. She is leading down the path to Ichiban stalker...

That slap was ...Well it was a turn on.

It was also a good example of how strong she becomes when she is with Ulquiorra. Unlike the rest of her ...associates. He wouldn't wrap her in bubble tape and label her "Fragile. Handle with care" He already sees her as strong. More importantly ...he does actually see her! Which is more than I can say for some people...
Old 2008-12-02, 21:26   Link #2215
neoeagle

She annoys me

Yes she does.
Old 2008-12-02, 21:56   Link #2216
NakedAngelX

^
^
^
^

Agreed, shut up and go heal Ichigo already. But she was a very likable character at the begining of Bleach
Old 2008-12-02, 22:02   Link #2217
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedAngelX View Post
^
^
^
^

Agreed, shut up and go heal Ichigo already. But she was a very likable character at the begining of Bleach
Haha key word: beginning

She's a douche now. Doesn't do anything right....and made EVERYONE go on this big detour just to save who? Her. Yep that's right.
Old 2008-12-02, 22:16   Link #2218
Utsukushii Hono'o
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedAngelX View Post
^
^
^
^

She was wasn't she...then her character just went down hill...
Old 2008-12-02, 22:41   Link #2219
Nervous Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Scared? hahahaha

Uncomfortable, maybe depending on the circumstances. More likely nervous than anything else. But I don't think too many mature guys would blanch at the thought of having a pretty girl want to kiss them.

You need to grow up a bit kid.
I heard/saw "nervous" and decided to pop up. (But I was actually lurking just a few minutes ago after a month long hiatus, lol)

Gotta agree that a mature the average hetero male would definitely think it's "hot" for a girl to steal a kiss while they're asleep. But it's Ichigo we're talking about. It took Matsumoto sized breasts in a school girl outfit to make him blush. He doesn't even bat an eyelash (well, unless he had to blink) over Orihime's ample rack for 300 + chapters. Makes you sort of wonder... is Ichigo a closet, hentai otaku (aka Kubo Tite?)

Hmm...

/ random unserious post + 1
Old 2008-12-02, 23:29   Link #2220
Langus
Optimus Prime

Hahaha true. Ichigo is a bit of a dunce in that respect.

Though I maintain that his most likely reaction would've been frozen surprise. Not disgust, fear, or any other warped craziness.