AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2014-02-21, 00:09   Link #2261
ToraTora

About the memory loss, maybe the only memories that are lost are those from their real lives. Their memories about Elder Tale and after the Apocalypse can never be lost. And also, what if Elder Tale is the future.
ToraTora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 02:37   Link #2262
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToraTora View Post
About the memory loss, maybe the only memories that are lost are those from their real lives. Their memories about Elder Tale and after the Apocalypse can never be lost. And also, what if Elder Tale is the future.
Possible, but i have another theory:
Spoiler for novel 6:
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 04:23   Link #2263
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQueenie13 View Post
See the Anime Discussion thread.
Yeah, of all LN-adapted Animes topics I've been following here, this was the only one I wasn't actually doing so... LOL
Found it... GOOD...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 05:00   Link #2264
Breimoon

i think someone said that after apocalypse memories too were lost. Aniway if they want to get back their memories(if they can) i bet there is a backup system on the moon (never heard ofAstolfo from Orlando Furioso? he went on the moon with the gryphoon to get orlando's sanity back )but there is probably a dungeon and at least one of the izuumo knights is probably needed
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 10:53   Link #2265
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
i think someone said that after apocalypse memories too were lost. Aniway if they want to get back their memories(if they can) i bet there is a backup system on the moon (never heard ofAstolfo from Orlando Furioso? he went on the moon with the gryphoon to get orlando's sanity back )but there is probably a dungeon and at least one of the izuumo knights is probably needed
I don't think anyone's confirmed that yet (at least, I haven't read that before and I follow both threads on here and on /a/, where most of the spoiler/translations are done).

And also, you completely and wholly lost me after the bolded part.
Old 2014-02-22, 00:46   Link #2266
Cruor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Krusty, Issac, and Sou are probably around equals, but just from the impression (likely because Sou has had at least three defeats, while the other two have none) I would say Issac is slightly above the other two, and Sou is slightly below the other two.

It's all moot, because Kanami & Keronardo would kick all their asses.

And besides, the loons at 4chan got this whole meaning of Gary Stu wrong.
Gary Stu is an conveniently perfect self-insert character, it has nothing to do with being the strongest.
That's why I pointed out Souji's sociopathic risks and is far from being an ideal character.
Hmm, Keronardo (who's supposed to be among the top players in the world) and Elias maybe. Not sure on Kanami.

While yeah, Kanami's whole group is pretty damn good (5 people vs level 80 raid boss bosses that normally need 24 people) I think skillwise she'd be more round the Krusty/Soujirou/Isaac/etc.
Cruor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 00:55   Link #2267
DQueenie13

Nureha's VA is Chiwa Saito (斎藤千和), apparently, unless some other new, major female character is being revealed this episode.

Last edited by DQueenie13; 2014-02-22 at 01:05.
DQueenie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 08:05   Link #2268
Avaricia
My Lord

yellow green haired Nureha?
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 08:32   Link #2269
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Her Overskill is disguises that completely changes everything from apperance to status bar. I don't know why people can't make the theoretical leap of the character being her. Heck even the original Anime scene has her indirectly telling Shiroe as the storyteller about the Rundelhaus magical girl contract magic.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 08:40   Link #2270
Avaricia
My Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
Her Overskill is disguises that completely changes everything from apperance to status bar. I don't know why people can't make the theoretical leap of the character being her. Heck even the original Anime scene has her indirectly telling Shiroe as the storyteller about the Rundelhaus magical girl contract magic.
I know that, but the novel only said something about a chibi elf as a double agent spy for both Shiroe and the Minami. So I assume that girl was Ooshima?

Also, why the heck is Isaac in Susukino? I thought William was the one doing expedition?
Old 2014-02-22, 08:43   Link #2271
Breimoon

if Nureha's class allows her to make kekkais/barriers even using them to take a walk in the sky , could she use this same skill to stop resurrection?? COuld this be her secret overskill?
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 08:48   Link #2272
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

I don't think they showed the double agent this episode. Maybe that was who contacted Shiroe, but the Storyteller can't be the double agent.

And Issac was part of the group that ensured the safe passage of those who wanted to leave Susukino, and I'm not really sure whether William was already in Susukino at this time or not. There was a period between the RTC formation and Susukino mention that we never heard about him in the novel.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 08:48   Link #2273
Avaricia
My Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
if Nureha's class allows her to make kekkais/barriers even using them to take a walk in the sky , could she use this same skill to stop resurrection?? COuld this be her secret overskill?
Possibly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
I don't think they showed the double agent this episode. Maybe that was who contacted Shiroe, but the Storyteller can't be the double agent.
Quote:
"Are you Shiroe-sama? I am Dariella, a People of the Land traveling writer..."
But the person in the room waiting for Shiroe was not who he expected.
Her wavy black hair, red lips and obsidian eyes shone from her white oval face. The robe that formed intrinsic patterns with red and blue threads covered her soft and well-filled-out body. She was sitting there, but it felt like she was moving slowly.

Dariella (Writer = Black Hair so she's Nureha)

Quote:
Shiroe came here to pay his old friend Ooshima a visit. Shiroe asked Ooshima to search for information regarding the Holy Empire Westelande, and to prepare for the worse case scenario, they cut down on the number of times they communicated by telepathy. Also, he needed to retrieve something, so Shiroe wanted to exchange intelligence with him face-to-face. But he felt uneasy about this.

"Ooshima-san who was suppose to wait for Shiroe-sama is not able to move freely right now... So I came on his behalf to pass the message in his stead."That's right, Shiroe planned to meet with the Adventurer Ooshima here, a tiny and agile dwarf youth, not a black-haired beauty
Not really sure who that woman is...

Last edited by Avaricia; 2014-02-22 at 08:58. Reason: didn't notice the class bit
Old 2014-02-22, 09:10   Link #2274
DQueenie13

Anime takes liberties; I think the LN had William's hair as white (at least, in the CH > EN translation), but it's blonde in the anime (and everyone else seems to have changed accordingly). Also, it's not safe to travel around as a spy in the same disguise all the time.

Furthermore, the LN just referred to Ooshima as a man, and I presume that means a man post-Apocalypse. ("Shiroe wanted to exchange intelligence with him".)
Old 2014-02-22, 10:16   Link #2275
Avaricia
My Lord

Quote:
Anime takes liberties; I think the LN had William's hair as white (at least, in the CH > EN translation), but it's blonde in the anime (and everyone else seems to have changed accordingly). Also, it's not safe to travel around as a spy in the same disguise all the time.
What are you talking about?
Old 2014-02-22, 10:38   Link #2276
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaricia View Post
What are you talking about?
You were saying it can't be Dariella/Nureha because the hair color's not right. I'm saying that it might not be the case, because she's spying on Shiroe, but to be a spy, you can't use the same disguise all the time. Just because Dariella had black hair at that one moment doesn't mean she always goes around with black hair.
Old 2014-02-22, 11:08   Link #2277
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Nureha's VA is Chiwa Saito (斎藤千和), apparently, unless some other new, major female character is being revealed this episode.
The end credits revealing her as Dariella is probably the anime staff's kindness(?) towards potentially ultra-curious fans =3

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 11:11   Link #2278
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
In hard core raiding, dying a few dozen times is not a disgrace, it's the price of admittance.
Hardcore raiders can die dozens of times at every new boss, honing tactics, learning strategies and testing theories.
Death, is no more a disgrace than having a balanced breakfast is.
Also, memory loss has been mentioned to be minimal to the point that dozen deaths has little to no effect.

As for tight knit groups, depends on groups, in some games, and for some guilds there is huge turn over at higher level raiding (burn out from stress, guilds poaching top level skill or geared players, real life, etc...), so some groups might be fairly insular, while others might be more open for pugging.
This

In WoW, Vaelastrasz was legendary for destroying guilds.
Old 2014-02-22, 12:11   Link #2279
Avaricia
My Lord

Quote:
You were saying it can't be Dariella/Nureha because the hair color's not right. I'm saying that it might not be the case, because she's spying on Shiroe, but to be a spy, you can't use the same disguise all the time. Just because Dariella had black hair at that one moment doesn't mean she always goes around with black hair.
fair enough
Old 2014-02-22, 12:42   Link #2280
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
A excellent, excellent choice.

although i was still hoping for Tanaka Rie.

Tags
alternate reality, database, economics, political theory, spoilers