AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-12, 14:49   Link #2321
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKage View Post
To be honest, Lavie's face looking at Claus in his vanship doesn't imply a heartbroken feeling for him. It's a little heartwarming like. If Claus was "reliving" his old dreams being in the sky and he's crippled (putting him in a wheelchair without use of his legs), I doubt she would be looking at him with that type of expression. That's just me. Maybe she's happy he's hoping so hard while being hurt...

But I honestly believe this is short term. A lot of people who are recovering from injuries are moved around in wheelchairs to save their strength (as far as I know that's the reason). It's possible Claus was hurt in another attack or attempt to get Al and he's just recuperating. The promise Dio made to Immelman doesn't imply too strongly either way that Claus can never protect Al. It could be a "protect her while I can't" sentiment.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKage View Post
All I can say is I freaked out and acted like a typical fangirl when the opening played. Then I freaked out even more in that last scene...
I have to say I so did not expect them to break out the awesomeness of Cloud Age Symphony and the original OP. And then to end it with them making their first appearance, soooo good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
wow, I just watched the episode and if they didn't start with adult Al and Dio as the beginning I might mistake myself on what I'm watching because they used that op of the first season which totally brings back memories. That op is still one of the best for me.
Could not agree more.

Also, the Dio and Al scenes at the beginning and particularly the great one at the end were excellent too.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2012-02-12 at 16:19.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 16:49   Link #2322
arkeid

Hi all!
Can anyone tell the name of track which plays when misterions are told to Liliana in 2 ep. and now to Alvis in 17 ep. (when Dio tells her a misterion)?
arkeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 18:37   Link #2323
Graveyard Duck
Bag Giver

The LE1 version is called "Complicated Decisions." I'm not sure if the LE2 version has a different name.
Graveyard Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 13:05   Link #2324
arkeid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard Duck View Post
The LE1 version is called "Complicated Decisions." I'm not sure if the LE2 version has a different name.
Yes, it's it. Thank you!
arkeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 13:50   Link #2325
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Since Milla actually has Turan ships and more on the way, doesn't that mean that she has to fight Liliana's fleet at some point which means Turan has to fight against each other? Also, it's pretty clear that she is going to use the Ansthar as her flagship unless I'm wrong.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 14:00   Link #2326
Joachim1167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
Since Milla actually has Turan ships and more on the way, doesn't that mean that she has to fight Liliana's fleet at some point which means Turan has to fight against each other? Also, it's pretty clear that she is going to use the Ansthar as her flagship unless I'm wrong.
I don't think Liliana has a fleet anymore. I believe that when the Turan military discovered that she is the one dropping the Exile (especially on their own capital), they threw their support back with Millia. I could be wrong, but it seems logical since Millia showed up at the Ades capital with a fleet of her own, including the Anshar and home-grown Turan battleships. Also, during the conversation between the Ades generals after the conquest of Glacies, it was mentioned that the Turan survivors has "brought out Millia" as their new leader. I assume that the fleet that Liliana "stole" from Millia, are crewed by Turan personnel.

Last edited by Joachim1167; 2012-02-13 at 14:11.
Joachim1167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 16:09   Link #2327
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
You could be right about that, it would make no sense to continue supporting Liliana when they have sided with Milla now and all the other nations are after Liliana with bloodthirsty vengeance.
If that was case then what about the ships Liliana stole from Milla?
Old 2012-02-13, 16:37   Link #2328
Joachim1167

Those stolen ships were eventually crewed by Turan personnel. I'm sure they switched sides back to Millia once it was explained to them what is going on with Liliana.

-OR-

Since a lot of the Sky Pirate tribes have sided with Millia, there could have been an operation to steal every one of them back.

But I think the first scenario is probably the correct one.
Old 2012-02-13, 19:33   Link #2329
MeggieMay

Well I managed to get caught up the last few days so here's my thoughts on the episodes:

Triangulation: I personally don't dislike Fam as much as others seem to but she really was quite the tactless woman-child in this episode. While it isn't out of character for her to be this way, I do think the episode ramped it up more than need be. My feeling is the writers thought making Fam like this would be amusing but with so much backlash against the shows namesake going on it didn't work out that way at all. Still, Fam did seem to learn from all her foot-in-mouth issues. She came off to me as truly not knowing the Ades take on things, or that they were actually not that wealthy of a country. The last issue is something I had to wonder about in that the Sky Pirates have always attacked Ades because they were more powerful and I think because they considered them wealthy enough to take the losses of their attacks. The reality seems to have been the Sky Pirates lived lives with better food resources and weren't really that much worse off than Ades's general population if they were worse off and not really better off than them. I think that might have been a wake up call to Fam on the subject. I also thought the part where she comforts Sara was a positive moment for Fam as well. She showed herself to be a good mothering type by trying to be there for the poor girl to cry on.

Millia also had a wake up call on the subject of the displaced people Turan turned out after they returned from their Prester. Turan seems to have just came back and ran out the people who'd moved in while they were gone without trying to work out a possible compromise. This situation seemed to me maybe have a work out-able solution had everyone kept trying to deal with it diplomatically. Dropping an Exile on the Turans just wasn't the way to solve the issue at all. On a slightly different line of thought, I think Antoray's return was missed by everyone because they didn't come back to the Grand Lake area. It wasn't near there and they don't seem to have had any problems with people moving in, or if some did they didn't even think to toss them back out. Now, that makes me wonder if there could be other Presters left that haven't returned because it seems that north eastern Europe/Western Northwest Asia hadn't been repopulated yet, while the Mediterranean and possibly North Africa are. Where are the potential Prester populations for the North and South American and Pacifica, anyway (as well as parts of South East Asia, while we're at it)?

Back to Fam for a moment - the scene were Vasant was looking at Fam, Sara and Gisselle, didn't come off to me of her being disapproving of Fam at all. Instead I think it could have been one, or both, of two things. When Vasant is looking at the group Fam is going on about how the vanships are great weapons. Vasant might not have been happy with that part. However, what I think Vasant was more saddened about (and I think the look was sad more than angry) was she realized how Sara really hasn't had a childhood, due to being the Augusta. As well, all of the girls childhoods are pretty much coming to a end in the next few weeks, if not days, due to the upcoming battles. I'm thinking Vasant probably didn't have much of a childhood either, due to the wars going on before the Farahnaz's death and she most likely knows on a personal level what everyone is losing due to Luciana's decision to ramp this up in the manner he has done so.

Last thoughts - from what Luscinia said, it seems the plan has always been to go and take Sara to be with them. Something about his tone of voice made me wonder if this was really because he wanted her to be with him or if he needs her for something? (edit: I could be wrong on this - I just rewatched the scene and I'm not so sure he was doing that now) Also, Sara said something interesting about Luscinia, IMO, which was that he had told her that he wanted to make her happy. Making her happy doesn't really equal world peace in my mind. Also, Alueda seems to think all Exiles are accounted for, so how does Antoray's fit in, then? I get the feeling from the scene with Vincent that maybe their Exile is in route back from the Prester at the moment, with Sophia on board. However, that's a guess more than anything. (second edit: I think that wasn't Alueda who said that but Sadri instead - sorry about that).

Second Adjournment:
This was a good clip show! This summed up the meat of the original series in how it relates to LE: Fam very well. They still didn't explain how Dio survived though . The current time intro/exit were very interesting. It looked to me like Dio and Alvis were resting at a abandoned Sky Pirate town, so I'm wondering if Dio is trying to catch up with Fam's group? Also Alvis says she can't hear Glacias anymore. I think she means the Exile, not the country. So are the Exiles semi sentient?! Seeing the Glacias ladies also say the Exile is dead I'm starting to wonder if there is some sort of living component to the Exiles? It would explain why many of the returning cultures seem to think the Exiles are "goddess" of some sort.

I have to say the end of the episode threw me in that I thought we had next week trailers. Instead I think the "starfish" comments are about that end battle? That's a big Hmmm moment if so. I can't see Luscinia and Aludia getting those Starfish from what they're working on now but they could be the ones from the place where Aludia got the key for the place out at "the end of the world."

Last thoughts on this episode. Once again the Trial of Amun and the "sword" Dio had to get to win it come up and I'm left going "that isn't a d**ed sword, that's some sort of electronic key of some sort!" I mentioned it way back toward the start of the thread that I thought that "sword" was going to come up again and this episode made me realize even more how it looks like the key Luscinia used to open up that big Exile last episode, just super sized . I wonder if that's what Sophia may have gone back to the Prester for, if they didn't think to bring it with them to begin with? I know the Guild's main ship was taken down in LE but I don't' remember it being 100% destroyed (it kind of ended up stuck in the ground, though not as much as say the Glacias did) and I think Alex and Dephine were on a smaller (relatively that is) ship than that one to begin with when they both died (though I never realized Delphine got herself blown out the window before - that crazy b*t** had better be dead and stay dead! ). Anyway, I am once again wondering if Dio is going to end up playing a bigger roll in the end game than it might at first seem he was going to (well I've been hoping for it but still it isn't confirmed ).

Oh I almost forgot to mention Lavie and Claus! Nice to see them again and I think we will see them again if not next episode, then at least before the end of the series. So what's wrong with Claus? That's the big question of course. I will say I don't think he is crippled, per say. I'm wondering if he is simply having issues walking too far. That's not good but it could be something he can recover from. Now what caused it is another question. It may dove tail into the manga tie in but whether he is injured of simply sick (I though he looked like he could be ill or just recovering from a bad illness, as well) is yet another question needing to be answered.
MeggieMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 20:58   Link #2330
Joachim1167

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeggieMay View Post
I personally don't dislike Fam as much as others seem to but she really was quite the tactless woman-child in this episode. While it isn't out of character for her to be this way, I do think the episode ramped it up more than need be. My feeling is the writers thought making Fam like this would be amusing but with so much backlash against the shows namesake going on it didn't work out that way at all.
You have a very good point. I'm thinking though, that the writers may have purposely ramped it up to punctuate a contrast between Fam and Millia. Millia pretty much has been a fish-out-of-water throughout the series. She not real knowledgeable about vanships, can't fly them, and still seems to be uncomfortable riding in them (as Fam and Dio keep reminding her with their acrobatics during lighter moments ). However in Trangulation, there is a nice reversal. Fam is definitely out of her element while Millia is getting into a familiar comfort zone (the political arena and the royalty issue). Fam's tactlessness AND Millia scolding Fam for her tactlessness emphasizes this. Just my take on what could be going through the writers' heads.

...and dammit, I still want to see the whole "Millia disciplining Fam" thing.
Old 2012-02-13, 22:00   Link #2331
Joachim1167

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeggieMay View Post
Also Alvis says she can't hear Glacias anymore. I think she means the Exile, not the country. So are the Exiles semi sentient?! Seeing the Glacias ladies also say the Exile is dead I'm starting to wonder if there is some sort of living component to the Exiles? It would explain why many of the returning cultures seem to think the Exiles are "goddess" of some sort.
Spoiler for Speculation:
Old 2012-02-13, 22:19   Link #2332
MeggieMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim1167 View Post
Spoiler for Speculation:
Spoiler for Reply to speculation:
MeggieMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 23:54   Link #2333
lordblazer
Radical Dreamer

This show has worked hard to keep Anatoray out of the picture. Just vague references here and there. Its driving me insane!!! I want to see Claus too did they die what happen? There is like no back story of the previous characters will they cameo again?
lordblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 00:07   Link #2334
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordblazer View Post
This show has worked hard to keep Anatoray out of the picture. Just vague references here and there. Its driving me insane!!! I want to see Claus too did they die what happen? There is like no back story of the previous characters will they cameo again?
Sounds like someone needs to see episode 15.5/17. And Anatoray's the next target of Luscinia's forces, I'd be surprised if we don't see them next

Spoiler:

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2012-02-14 at 02:59.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 03:22   Link #2335
Ruciful

think Claus is crippled otherwise why is Alvis entrusted in Dio's care? Well who knows, maybe Claus did go, "MAN I'M SO TIRED OF THIS EXILEGIRLSHIT I just want to sit in my immelman machine."
Ruciful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 08:20   Link #2336
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruciful View Post
think Claus is crippled otherwise why is Alvis entrusted in Dio's care? Well who knows, maybe Claus did go, "MAN I'M SO TIRED OF THIS EXILEGIRLSHIT I just want to sit in my immelman machine."
Claus would have been killed by the Ades Assassins realllllly fast.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 08:28   Link #2337
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruciful View Post
A SINGLE Guildsman pretty much threw Claus and Lavie around like paper bags in Hourglass, and that was when Claus was completely healthy. A Claus who's either permanently injured or otherwise recovering wouldn't be able to do squat to stop a squad of similar guys from taking Alvis away.
Old 2012-02-14, 10:36   Link #2338
Dernhelm
High on Jin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
A SINGLE Guildsman pretty much threw Claus and Lavie around like paper bags in Hourglass, and that was when Claus was completely healthy. A Claus who's either permanently injured or otherwise recovering wouldn't be able to do squat to stop a squad of similar guys from taking Alvis away.
don't worry, he'll just blow a horn and Tatiana err the Silvius will be right there in an instant.

"Bass has mysterious powers over women folk." - Bono, U2

Shunsuke Nakamura makes goalkeepers FLY and land HARD.
Dernhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 12:58   Link #2339
flarezard

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Claus would have been killed by the Ades Assassins realllllly fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I think I'll wait and see how Claus defeats that Guildsman in the Hourglass manga.

Last edited by flarezard; 2012-02-14 at 13:00. Reason: Forget quoting...
flarezard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 17:06   Link #2340
Julio C
Bury My Shell

The manga is so damm slow, it's a chapter a month right? So far there is only 5 chapters?

Tags
adventure, science fiction