AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2015-04-06, 17:00   Link #221
WyrdMonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord
Did he see how wrong his world has become? It was infected by the fantasy virus and became a crapsack world where status means everything. Did he ever think about changing it back to its normal state. I bet many will follow him. He is a friggin god after all...
Seriously how did the governments of the world agree to this? All because of a cultural exchange with a primative fantasy planet?

Sadly this ain't that type of story. Nothing's going to be done about how screwed up this world is.
WyrdMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-06, 20:42   Link #222
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Just because Garest is more advanced than Earth and they harness power more convenient than current era.
amatsunagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-06, 20:50   Link #223
kazzuya

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemhotaTech View Post
Seriously how did the governments of the world agree to this? All because of a cultural exchange with a primative fantasy planet?

Sadly this ain't that type of story. Nothing's going to be done about how screwed up this world is.
Don't you know that the world is already screwd even before the exchange program. Just look at out current society and you will understand.
kazzuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-07, 00:11   Link #224
obnuchious

storywise...

why would the world governments even want to revert back to their old way of living? 8 years had already past, lots of changes already happened, and like every normal humans they adapted to the changes quickly . . . not to mention it was said that said governments were already in contract with Garest for some time before the start of the story ... which means they [WGs] had already laid out the foundations for a new era . . . and they revealed this new world [Garest] around the same time the MC was transported to F-world (forgot the name) . . additionally, the reason why they seemed primitive in your eyes is because you are interpreting their world through a misted-glass . . they dont have science like ours and even if they do, they would had incorporated both magic and science together . . so how likely would our society even possibly beat them when our pure science weapons are completely outclassed by their magitek weapons? do we have forcefields that can nullify attacks? do we have superstrength devices that can rip apart armored tanks with ease/without breaking a sweat? do we even have laser weapons that blow up buildings/large areas? we have none of those since we are more pure science than magitek. so the benefits of having a cultural [and military] exchange between worlds are more of the benefits of our world than of their world. my assumption why they [Garest] agreed to the exchange is because they are more likely fascinated by our pure science world than anything else.

as for the MC, he experienced trauma and loneliness for 2 years in F-world, not to mention losing hope of returning to his own world . . . and when he came back, what did he get? happiness? nope. not even close. more loneliness and being despised by his family (except dad and stepmom) who were his anchor/lifeline while he was in F-world. so what if he have an evil god in him. someone close to him and someone he liked sacrificed herself to make him sane again. he killed lots...some of them are innocent people...which makes him a murderer. would he unleash the evil god on his world just because his family despise him? so that he could turn back time on his world where everything was simple? why would he? he already have enough personal problems as it is so adding more problems [aka being attacked by everyone around him should he decide on making everyone his enemy] would be too much even for him . . . besides, GOD[author] made him as he is right now so we have no right to question
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-07, 00:38   Link #225
WyrdMonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by obnuchious
why would the world governments even want to revert back to their old way of living? 8 years had already past, lots of changes already happened, and like every normal humans they adapted to the changes quickly . . . not to mention it was said that said governments were already in contract with Garest for some time before the start of the story ... which means they [WGs] had already laid out the foundations for a new era . . . and they revealed this new world [Garest] around the same time the MC was transported to F-world (forgot the name) . . additionally, the reason why they seemed primitive in your eyes is because you are interpreting their world through a misted-glass . . they dont have science like ours and even if they do, they would had incorporated both magic and science together . . so how likely would our society even possibly beat them when our pure science weapons are completely outclassed by their magitek weapons? do we have forcefields that can nullify attacks? do we have superstrength devices that can rip apart armored tanks with ease/without breaking a sweat? do we even have laser weapons that blow up buildings/large areas? we have none of those since we are more pure science than magitek. so the benefits of having a cultural [and military] exchange between worlds are more of the benefits of our world than of their world. my assumption why they [Garest] agreed to the exchange is because they are more likely fascinated by our pure science world than anything else.
I get Garest has Imperialistic might, and of course the weak minded nature of our own politicians. But I still don't see why they had to implement that stat BS.

Quote:
as for the MC, he experienced trauma and loneliness for 2 years in F-world, not to mention losing hope of returning to his own world . . . and when he came back, what did he get? happiness? nope. not even close. more loneliness and being despised by his family (except dad and stepmom) who were his anchor/lifeline while he was in F-world. so what if he have an evil god in him. someone close to him and someone he liked sacrificed herself to make him sane again. he killed lots...some of them are innocent people...which makes him a murderer. would he unleash the evil god on his world just because his family despise him? so that he could turn back time on his world where everything was simple? why would he? he already have enough personal problems as it is so adding more problems [aka being attacked by everyone around him should he decide on making everyone his enemy] would be too much even for him . . . besides, GOD[author] made him as he is right now so we have no right to question
Still doesn't mean his family doesn't deserve karma. I'm thinking his sister may end up doing something to make him finally go Asura's Wrath on everyone.
Old 2015-04-07, 00:49   Link #226
obnuchious

Quote:
I get Garest has Imperialistic might, and of course the weak minded nature of our own politicians. But I still don't see why they had to implement that stat BS.
You already answered your own question. If that's how everyone in Garest lived their lives, as not to 'offend' their new friends, might as well incorporate the same thing. Besides, in their[politicians] eyes, it's the ideal system in hiring competent individuals to important jobs and whatnots.

I think this is why various terrorist groups appeared. The usual/universal reason.... Inequality.

Quote:
Still doesn't mean his family doesn't deserve karma. I'm thinking his sister may end up doing something to make him finally go Asura's Wrath on everyone.
Everyone here had a field day on that particular scenario. It's only a matter of time for this to happen.
Old 2015-04-07, 01:34   Link #227
WyrdMonger

Quote:
You already answered your own question. If that's how everyone in Garest lived their lives, as not to 'offend' their new friends, might as well incorporate the same thing. Besides, in their[politicians] eyes, it's the ideal system in hiring competent individuals to important jobs and whatnots.

I think this is why various terrorist groups appeared. The usual/universal reason.... Inequality.
Of course.

Quote:
Everyone here had a field day on that particular scenario. It's only a matter of time for this to happen.
I wouldn't be surprised if she nearly kills his step mother. Still when she does make him snap, I can see her losing an arm.
Old 2015-04-07, 02:03   Link #228
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by obnuchious View Post
I agree some governments will corporate with the other world for their own benefit, but I don't think it's the case for everyone. This fascist-style ranking system must have pissed off a lot of people with low stats and I don't understand why they didn't overthrow those governments already. I believe cultural exchange is a good thing, but discrimination is clearly not. We can learn their magic, but there's no reason to adapt their social system as well, since ours is more civilized than that. Our modern world is a free world that value freedom and democracy more than anything, so that caste system is utter strange to us.
Why did the MC fight terrorist organizations again? Did they attacked him personally? Because, honestly, terrorists in this story must look like revolutionists and freedom fighters trying to change the world while the MC himself wasn't really happy with the current world.

Quote:
Exactly because he wasn't happy in this new world he should turn it back to its former state. He has the power and it doesn't look like there's anyone who can stop him, so why didn't he. Actually, displaying his power will likely lessen his burdens, beside enemies, it will also brings him many allies, since it's human's very nature to bully the weak but fear and admire the strong. Not everyone will become his enemies. Those who dislike the current world or simply admire his strength will become his comrades and followers.
Old 2015-04-07, 03:03   Link #229
obnuchious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
I agree some governments will corporate with the other world for their own benefit, but I don't think it's the case for everyone. This fascist-style ranking system must have pissed off a lot of people with low stats and I don't understand why they didn't overthrow those governments already. I believe cultural exchange is a good thing, but discrimination is clearly not. We can learn their magic, but there's no reason to adapt their social system as well, since ours is more civilized than that. Our modern world is a free world that value freedom and democracy more than anything, so that caste system is utter strange to us.
Why did the MC fight terrorist organizations again? Did they attacked him personally? Because, honestly, terrorists in this story must look like revolutionists and freedom fighters trying to change the world while the MC himself wasn't really happy with the current world.
I haven't read the raw so I'll hold off my proper reply for this. If anyone, it would be those who can read the raw and the translator who can answer you on this.

Quote:
Exactly because he wasn't happy in this new world he should turn it back to its former state. He has the power and it doesn't look like there's anyone who can stop him, so why didn't he. Actually, displaying his power will likely lessen his burdens, beside enemies, it will also brings him many allies, since it's human's very nature to bully the weak but fear and admire the strong. Not everyone will become his enemies. Those who dislike the current world or simply admire his strength will become his comrades and followers.
So you're on the opinion of making his own happiness the top priority over the happiness of others(this include his family)? is this what you are suggesting? and those that would ally with him, would most likely the very terrorists he has been fighting/destroying which makes him a terrorist . . wouldn't that make him the enemy of everyone, both on his world and Garest? ... and then, should he be able to turn back his world to 'normal' and somehow managed to close off all of the portals between Earth and Garest, that would leave him the only person to have superhuman powers... would he establish a dictatorship on his world? forcing everyone to like him and treat him like a normal person like everyone else? ... and what's stopping those 'strong' people in using him to their own agenda?

Nonetheless, even if he has the powers of a (evil) god, he would not use those powers to satisfy his personal happiness at the cost of other's... if you've read the spoilers that had been dropped here, you should had noticed that he places the happiness of others (especially his family's) above his regardless his D Rank standing . . .

[moreover, let's not argue this point too much since this is how GOD wants]
Old 2015-04-07, 03:20   Link #230
kazzuya

Think of it this way:
1. Being able to see stats. Let them see as to what they are deem as the most appropriate tasked to they be given.
2. They can also see the limits of ones own growth. And they deemed that it is useless to put more investment to an individual who has actually low performance.
3. By weeding out the useless. They can easily invest to the individuals that has more potential and they can used the resources to further their growth and not waste them on those that they deemed as useless.

And even in our current society this is being implemented in the forms of school.
Where they put better environment to those he "can" than those who "can't".
kazzuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-07, 05:22   Link #231
Schion93

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya View Post
Think of it this way:
1. Being able to see stats. Let them see as to what they are deem as the most appropriate tasked to they be given.
2. They can also see the limits of ones own growth. And they deemed that it is useless to put more investment to an individual who has actually low performance.
3. By weeding out the useless. They can easily invest to the individuals that has more potential and they can used the resources to further their growth and not waste them on those that they deemed as useless.

And even in our current society this is being implemented in the forms of school.
Where they put better environment to those he "can" than those who "can't".
true, I think the only difference Garest brought was technology that could more easily identify who has the better "grade/stat"
Schion93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-07, 05:58   Link #232
obnuchious

^ and superhuman powers along with it
Old 2015-04-07, 06:07   Link #233
Schion93

Quote:
I'm kinda skeptical about the whole super human powers part, I mean most people BEFORE garest was revealed are normal right? did the connection somehow give the normal people super powers? or were the people of Earth at C or B ranks but were able to raise those stats after Garest was revealed?
Schion93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-07, 06:27   Link #234
Haigi

Quote:
Technically it isn't superhuman powers but just some 'energy' which their machines uses that produces an effect similar to 'magic'. They do have machine armor that can be equipped though...

Quote:

As always, MCs usually have a constitution that brings trouble to them, no matter how low key they want to be.

The MC probably does not want to draw attention to himself after he finally got back to his own world and want to live in peace. And even if he does display his powers, the whole of both worlds would probably hound him to death. Plus, he has no information as to what kind of technology/powers Garest has.

Quote:
The only thing the government wants is the technology that Garest has while Garest wants the natural resources that Earth has. Both sides stand to gain from this arrangement which is why they probably agreed.

In addition, every country on earth wants new technology to gain advantage over the others which was why they wouldn't refuse. They were afraid that if they refused, other countries would strike up the same deal which everyone wants to avoid.

The reason why stats are important is because in the world of Garest, there are naturally occurring inorganic lifeforms that threaten their livelihood. Which is why they place a very high importance in those who can fight and contribute to society.
Haigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-07, 06:40   Link #235
obnuchious

those inorganic lifeforms, can you supplement more details about them? and how did they manage to cross over to Earth?
Old 2015-04-07, 06:55   Link #236
Haigi

Quote:
those inorganic lifeforms, can you supplement more details about them? and how did they manage to cross over to Earth?
To sum it up in Earth terms, its the paranormal. They naturally occur only that it's really rare unlike Garest where they pop up like daisies. But apparently the ones in Garest seem to be much more violent and dangerous.
Old 2015-04-07, 07:08   Link #237
obnuchious

do these inorganic lifeforms have a name in Garest tongue?

in one of your later spoiler where the MC meets a new char, they were fighting against one of those... was it an Earth or Garest variant?
Old 2015-04-07, 07:19   Link #238
Haigi

Quote:
do these inorganic lifeforms have a name in Garest tongue?

in one of your later spoiler where the MC meets a new char, they were fighting against one of those... was it an Earth or Garest variant?
It's called 輝獣 teru-juu which translates to bright beast.

I would say all the ones that appear are Garest ones. Since they refer to them as teru-juu.
Old 2015-04-07, 07:31   Link #239
obnuchious

sounds weird ... bright beast . . is it because they come and go through light? eg. appear through a pillar of light and disappears through particles of light . . something like that???
Old 2015-04-07, 07:34   Link #240
Haigi

Quote:
sounds weird ... bright beast . . is it because they come and go through light? eg. appear through a pillar of light and disappears through particles of light . . something like that???
If I remember correctly, there are energy particles in the air which naturally forms them. I think they have a core even if all their shapes are different. Maybe they glow...I kinda forgot...since I only skimmed through the text heavy parts.

Tags
dimension traveling, fantasy, kaettekite mo fantasy, op mc, webnovel