Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-04-17, 17:19   Link #221
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I dunno if it is just me, but Haruno's design was so different that I completely failed recognizing her... if it wasn't for Nakahara, I would have thought she was a completely new character.

In any case, the major problem here is plainly Iroha who just dragged the whole issue into a deadlock. To be honest, Yukino's solution is much more debatable to me considering it keep the pretense of saving Iroha's face without considering the "sacrifice" point of view.
Even if the selected person (who is very likely to be Yukino herself) is fine with that, it isn't like they wanted to be the president in the first place, so they would have to be influenced by the club members action for such result.
Exactly. The way I understood it, Yukino's problem with Hachiman's plan is that it, like many of his plans, would make him either look like an idiot, a jerk, or downright evil, placing all the burden and later impacts on him. She argues so much at him, yet she doesn't seem to realize that her plan is basically to put all the burden on herself. Sure, she wouldn't be seen as the "bad guy" or suffer any social damage, but that doesn't change the fact that she'd be taking on a thankless job that she doesn't want and no one respects. Yukino's so caught up in the self-sacrificing nature of Hachiman's idea that she can't see how she'd be doing the exact same thing.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-17, 17:36   Link #222
GDB

Yeah, definitely looks like Yukino is going to end up running, if not winning the election. I'm more curious at this point whether Hachiman will realize the scheme and stop her or if he'll only realize it after she wins (thus setting up future content).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-17, 18:00   Link #223
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Yeah, definitely looks like Yukino is going to end up running, if not winning the election. I'm more curious at this point whether Hachiman will realize the scheme and stop her or if he'll only realize it after she wins (thus setting up future content).
I also thought Yukino would end up running from the episode title pop up in the end. But what is this scheme you're talking about?
Old 2015-04-17, 18:05   Link #224
GDB

Haruno (Haruna? her sister) sounded like she was trying suggest to Hachiman that Yukino should be the president, or at the very least implied that it was fishy that the other person wasn't trying to directly get her to be president. Knowing her personality, she'd obviously decline any direct proposal, but if it's to help someone?
Old 2015-04-17, 18:06   Link #225
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by itisjustme View Post
Haruno is awfully cute in the anime, it almost makes me want to see her hook up with 8man or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampDream View Post
the part in the donut shop was really painfull, I feel Haruno is scheming something.
Yeah, thought this several times(also with Shizuka, since she's always so concerned about him and knows him intrinsically). Side note, Hayama seemed quite depressed when he explained how Haruno works. Going by that, we could definitely say she likes Hachiman, as well as that she won't give the time of day to Hayama(based on his facial expression). Also, based on her wanting to tell Yukino about Hachiman's confession, I get the impression she wants to destroy Yukino =0(. Anyway, I guess Hayama is just too much of a typical shounen manga for her, whereas Hachiman is a mystery novel that you just can't figure out, even with multiple clues. Not much wonder why she's interested in him =03.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
All that said, I have to say a lot of his clients are unpleasant, and this one is really very high up there. Somehow, after watching this episode, I developed a fierce urge to see Iroha broken.
Indeed, this girl is as worse as the cultural festival girl >=0\. It's not like I didn't see her as being "a shallow girl who only cares about reputation" from the get-go, but that 1-1 dialogue with Hachiman at the end just instantly tipped the scales of hate for me. Using that cutesy voice(as if it works on him =02) as she basically dumps all of the responsibility on Hachiman in case Yukino's plan fails, and acts as if she doesn't care about who it'll hurt irritates me to no end >=0[. Even though this is similar to the cultural girl scenario, I don't think it'll be absolved so easily.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-17, 18:17   Link #226
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Iroha IS a bitch in sleep clothing, news at 11. Why do you think Hachiman look so uncomfortable when they first meet? [*snip*]
I don't care about people's complain regarding streamlining character design due to S1's very low budget, I shall praise FEEL for their ability of giving the characters detailed expression without veering into off-model exaggeration.

For example, you can see Hachiman's distress, Yui's despair and hopelessness, and Yukino's rage and confusion on the entire conflict.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2015-04-17 at 18:53. Reason: Please don't give hints.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-17, 19:40   Link #227
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Hard to believe Irohasu is getting as much hate as Sagami did back in S1, even though there hasn't even been 5 full minutes of her on the screen...

Last edited by SuitUp; 2015-04-17 at 20:10.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-17, 19:54   Link #228
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
Hard to believe Iroha is getting as much hate as Sagami did back in S1, even though there hasn't even been 5 full minutes of her on the screen...
Its the way she is talking to Hikigaya that makes her suspicious.
Usually people would avoid talking to him or make comments about his dead fish eyes.
Even Yui who shows romantic feelings towards him is sometimes freaked out.

Her behavior pattern though reminds more of Haruno, from whom we already know from the last season, that she is a darker personality than she is pretending to have.
The last scene pretty much just confirmed that.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-17, 19:57   Link #229
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Haruno (Haruna? her sister) sounded like she was trying suggest to Hachiman that Yukino should be the president, or at the very least implied that it was fishy that the other person wasn't trying to directly get her to be president. Knowing her personality, she'd obviously decline any direct proposal, but if it's to help someone?
You mean to say Haruno made the current president, who then made Isshiki and the whole 30 students that 'backed' her to conspire directly or indirectly to make a very elaborate plan on making Yukino president.

Wow, what is she, Moriarty?
Old 2015-04-17, 20:05   Link #230
IceHism

I just love the suffering in this too much. All of their pained faces and how their conversations always reveal something about them are always a pleasure to watch.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-17, 20:22   Link #231
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
You mean to say Haruno made the current president, who then made Isshiki and the whole 30 students that 'backed' her to conspire directly or indirectly to make a very elaborate plan on making Yukino president.

Wow, what is she, Moriarty?
It's hard to tell what angle she's working. She could be for or against it, depending on whether she's trying to tip off Hachiman or trying to plant an idea in his head.

And we don't really know whether the freshman had a legit 30 nominations or if there's something else going on. Maybe she submitted it herself to go along with green hair girl's plans to get Yukino as the new president. Or maybe she's innocent, but the teacher pushed her nomination forward with green hair girl's help.

Basically... green hair girl is an enemy, and the others are all suspects.
Old 2015-04-17, 21:14   Link #232
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
It's hard to tell what angle she's working. She could be for or against it, depending on whether she's trying to tip off Hachiman or trying to plant an idea in his head.

And we don't really know whether the freshman had a legit 30 nominations or if there's something else going on. Maybe she submitted it herself to go along with green hair girl's plans to get Yukino as the new president. Or maybe she's innocent, but the teacher pushed her nomination forward with green hair girl's help.

Basically... green hair girl is an enemy, and the others are all suspects.
I can't believe Meguri(green-haired girl) would have ulterior motives in this. She doesn't strike me as being that devious or cunning of a character. Why would she create such an elaborate scheme to do this? The very fact that she didn't ask Yukino to be president first should be a good indication Meguri had no intentions of Yukino taking that position in the first place.

Old 2015-04-17, 21:50   Link #233
GDB

Everyone in this series has ulterior motives. I'd have thought that was made clear already.

Plus, she's asked for their help before (sports festival), so she knows what kind of people they are and how they'd react to requests (both personal and "professional").
Old 2015-04-17, 22:07   Link #234
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Everyone in this series has ulterior motives. I'd have thought that was made clear already.

Plus, she's asked for their help before (sports festival), so she knows what kind of people they are and how they'd react to requests (both personal and "professional").
So cynical....you could at least have faith in Yui and Komachi =0(. At least Yui couldn't hide her motives behind a 10-ft block of steel.

That she did, and that very request is a good reference in regards to the kind of personality she has; her request was not selfish like Saki or this new girl. Even when Meguri knew Saki was not fulfilling her obligations as cultural chairman, she[Meguri] still tried to support the rest of the team as best she could. Not one instance did she do anything that would condone her as someone who would be conniving enough to manipulate votes, other students, and the volunteer club just to get someone else to take up her position as sc president just as planned =0\.

Old 2015-04-17, 22:13   Link #235
choopo

Just watched ep 3
new op scane was realy good
Iroha getting much hatred was unexpected, she was Ayaneru afterall
choopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-17, 22:15   Link #236
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
So cynical....you could at least have faith in Yui and Komachi =0(. At least Yui couldn't hide her motives behind a 10-ft block of steel.
Yui wants to get closer to Hachiman.

Komachi wants Hachiman to change his personality and uses her imouto charm to persuade him.

b00m
Old 2015-04-17, 22:33   Link #237
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Yui wants to get closer to Hachiman.

Komachi wants Hachiman to change his personality and uses her imouto charm to persuade him.

b00m
I.... wouldn't say those are so much 'ulterior' as much as it being their 'actual' goal

Old 2015-04-17, 22:38   Link #238
GDB

But in a way... no, touché, you got me there.
Old 2015-04-17, 23:44   Link #239
kobun

Iroha shows up both in the op and ed, so i'm guessing she's not a one off character. i wonder if the rest of the season will focus on her?

i also noticed the school grade girl from season 1 shows up in the op and ed. i wonder if she comes back?
kobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-18, 03:32   Link #240
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
All that said, I have to say a lot of his clients are unpleasant, and this one is really very high up there. Somehow, after watching this episode, I developed a fierce urge to see Iroha broken. Wouldn't be too hard, since frankly she seems to be little more than a shell who cares about nothing but how she looks to other people. The more I heard from her, the more it seemed like her every word, behavior and choice was entirely based on what would make her look cool. I'd call her shallow, but I've met shallow people whose personalities you could scuba in compared to her.
I think you're underestimating her. She feels a lot more dangerous than merely being very shallow would account for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Not really a spoiler, just guess work:
Spoiler:

I didn't read the LN, so I am just guessing here, from the things that was mentioned in this episode.
I guessed the same, but the question is, who's in on it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I can't believe Meguri(green-haired girl) would have ulterior motives in this. She doesn't strike me as being that devious or cunning of a character. Why would she create such an elaborate scheme to do this? The very fact that she didn't ask Yukino to be president first should be a good indication Meguri had no intentions of Yukino taking that position in the first place.
Or that she knew what Yoshino would answer and didn't want to get her guard up.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote