AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-18, 14:31   Link #221
Dakota
disregard that (″°-°)ﺩ-

Send a message via AIM to Dakota Send a message via MSN to Dakota
Talking Amusement.

Spoiler for Image:
Old 2009-06-18, 14:37   Link #222
Jiggy

I'm not sure what to think of the new OP's animation yet... My first thought was "not dynamic enough for Haruhi," with lots of white backgrounds or fairly solid single colors; Bouken Desho Desho was constantly focusing on backgrounds, often even moreso than the characters, and I miss that aspect a little.

I'm trying not to be too comparative, though, so I will say I really love Haruhi's smile for her intro shot. It's perfect and stands out to me instantly just like her smile pose in Hare Hare Yukai--the one with her arms folded, looking down on the camera--and captures her just as well, but the different and nicer side of her. No matter how she acts her intentions out, I think of her heart as definitely that of a bright optimist and I like seeing that conveyed.

Other things I liked: the foot-tapping and the comic-style bursts with their onomatopoeia. Very lively and fitting. My favorite scene is Haruhi running with all kinds of math and science floating past her.

No comment on the music because it took Bouken Desho Desho a while to grow on me, so I'll give the same courtesy to the new theme.
Old 2009-06-18, 17:13   Link #223
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
I'm not to sure about the new OP either, it's pretty good, but I'm not sure how I like it compared to Bouken Desho Desho.

The ending is really good, I like the song especially, but sometimes it hurts my eyes a little with the flashing and I miss the dancing a little, but other then that it's pretty sweet.
Old 2009-06-18, 17:35   Link #224
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

That's the thing with the new OP and the ED, they knew whatever they did they could never make something better then the originals. So they didn't try and went in a different direction with the nakuma approach. I for one love them. Haruhi looks good running in the OP and I like the wind scene from the ED.

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
Old 2009-06-18, 18:18   Link #225
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Yea, strobe light! Just the flashing walls hurt my eyes a little and I like the part in the OP where Haruhi and Kyon make their way to their desks.
Old 2009-06-18, 19:09   Link #226
Jintor

I don't know if I've seen full quality OP just yet, I think either the video file or my computer is messing with me.
Old 2009-06-18, 19:42   Link #227
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
So... I'm confused. I just saw this board get added to the Current Series list again. Is this 2009 thingy the second season, basically? I'm confused.

Sorry if this has been hashed already. Delete if needed.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2009-06-18, 19:48   Link #228
Jintor

In a word?

Yes.
Old 2009-06-18, 19:49   Link #229
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
So... I'm confused. I just saw this board get added to the Current Series list again. Is this 2009 thingy the second season, basically? I'm confused.

Sorry if this has been hashed already. Delete if needed.
Something like that. Actually is the old season with 14 new episodes. All in chronological order. You could say that is a new 28 episode season. Today we got the 2nd new episode, which is, actually, the 12th of the rerun.
Old 2009-06-18, 19:49   Link #230
JagdPanther

Right. Thanks.

Well, looks like I've got a ton of catching up to do. Yippee. I kinda like watch to this stuff as it comes out. >_>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Something like that. Actually is the old season with 14 new episodes. All in chronological order. You could say that is a new 28 episode season. Today we got the 2nd new episode, which is, actually, the 12th of the rerun.
Oh, that's nice.

So are the "old" episodes fairly similar to the old series? (It'd be even better if they were just remastered versions that were nearly exactly the same ) If I can avoid watching a ton of episodes I'd be really happy.

Thanks for the info. I was really confused as to why it said it was started in April but only two "new" episode topics existed on the list.

Old 2009-06-18, 20:02   Link #231
Jintor

Remastered versions that are exactly the same. Well, except for the remastered parts - they're the DVD releases.
Old 2009-06-18, 20:04   Link #232
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Oh, that's nice.

So are the "old" episodes fairly similar to the old series? (It'd be even better if they were just remastered versions that were nearly exactly the same ) If I can avoid watching a ton of episodes I'd be really happy.
The "old" episodes are the DVD versions of those episodes... thus "technically" the whole season is "new" since those episodes haven't been broadcast before.

...what Jintor said.
Old 2009-06-18, 20:16   Link #233
JagdPanther

Okay. I guess I can skip over all the old episodes then and not miss *a lot*?

I'll do that, I suppose. Save me a lot of time.

Old 2009-06-18, 20:19   Link #234
Midonin
Last Engage

Ah, so there was a new OP. I will eat my own words. Though much like "Tomare!" (and the existence of S2 as a whole), there was no evidence pointing to the fact that "Super Driver" was going to exist until tonight/this afternoon/adjust to your time zone as necessary.

But I am pleased. A new OP and ED means more music for my collection, and I would never object to that.
Old 2009-06-18, 20:23   Link #235
Driger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driger View Post

Haruhi---Red
Mikuru---Orange
Yuki------Purple
Itsuki----Green
Kyon-----Blue

It was the same with new ED, haruhi-chan ED and tanabata cards in bambooleaf rhapsody.
Sorry, I missed haruhi-chan OP

Old 2009-06-18, 20:28   Link #236
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Okay. I guess I can skip over all the old episodes then and not miss *a lot*?

I'll do that, I suppose. Save me a lot of time.
You can skip it and you will miss very few things, if you miss anything at all (I don't know what are the changes).

But try to understand between which chapters he new one are, remamber that they are not after after all old ones. This week episode (and the next few) are between the Island episode and the Festival. The BLR, the other new episode, is between the baseball and the internet incident.

Last edited by Heatth; 2009-06-18 at 21:02.
Old 2009-06-18, 21:24   Link #237
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
I've watched the raw. Purty nice, though it would be nice if I could understand it... So, have subs come out?

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
Old 2009-06-18, 21:47   Link #238
LumpOfCole
I work with computers.

Send a message via AIM to LumpOfCole
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon4dudes View Post
I've watched the raw. Purty nice, though it would be nice if I could understand it... So, have subs come out?
http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/1448.html + F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5
Old 2009-06-18, 22:26   Link #239
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
Quote:
Originally Posted by LumpOfCole View Post
http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/1448.html + F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5
yeah... i'll wait until tomorrow...

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
Old 2009-06-19, 08:39   Link #240
vivify93

Send a message via MSN to vivify93
Just watched the new episode, and I couldn't help but notice this.

Did anyone else notice that the animators made Kyon and Itsuki's crotchlines prominent? Also, Haruhi seemed to pop her butt out a lot. Course it has been a while since I last saw the original 14 episodes, so those could've been in the last set, but still.

Tags
kadokawa, science fiction, shounen