AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-02-26, 21:04   Link #24061
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I dunno, some people just don't get it and insert artistic license instead (though it was both common and acceptable), in fact, I'm still trying to find a point of balance in the prequel movie.

Wise beyond their years does not equal to 13 years old talk and act like an adult, at least not always. Negi Springfield is one of the example done right. They may have a broad view of the world, and experiencing things normally a kid should not experience, doesn't diminish them from act like a child should be.

Note that this does not translate to children with abnormal childhood: such as Child soldier and abuse victim.
Old 2012-02-26, 21:07   Link #24062
Eratas123

I meant the whole thing with the fact that his AI seems to be mouth raping him and Ichika seems to know how to french kiss. Way too odd for a 10 year old to know these things.

Side note - Can anybody ride the monorail or does it require some kind of ID?
Old 2012-02-26, 21:13   Link #24063
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Then it goes to my mention of abnormal childhood mentioned above

I dunno, how wast the V5 arc again? I guess as long as they're qualified, then it's okay for them to board it. While normally, only one with specific position and business can get in/out (such as student being free to leave during weekend). In Sacred Twins, there's security/registration post as mentioned in chapter 12 draft. Students and employees use their ID.
Old 2012-02-26, 21:15   Link #24064
Eratas123

It just seems odd that there seems to be no security at all. How many teachers estimate do you think there are?
Old 2012-02-26, 21:24   Link #24065
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, I don't know, the fact that no 'normal' security is no less than odd. It's like they're dependent to I.S.-based defense or something, which is stupid.

I don't know, if we count one year has 5 class, there should be at least 15 teacher present per day.
Old 2012-02-26, 21:27   Link #24066
Eratas123

Actually, not that odd. Based on the whole "War with men etc etc" comment, they might have the mindset of "Who'd be stupid enough to attack us?". Of course, other IS' were probably not expected. Speaking of which, do you reall think the IS side would immediately win a war?
Old 2012-02-26, 22:06   Link #24067
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Bear in mind that they can't use I.S. for ordinary intruder, so it applies both way. This is the reason it's odd they don't have conventional security, AT ALL.

Unless they managed to assemble more than 10 I.S., they won't win against a single country with medium power. As Temper and Demi said, they won't win battle of attrition, they can't cover everything at once. Not to mention I doubt anti-I.S. warfare doctrine never developed despite the boast about "Only I.S. can beat other I.S.". The reason of curbstomp long ago is that not only I.S. are overpowered, but also unfamiliar to the military as a whole.
Old 2012-02-26, 22:22   Link #24068
Eratas123

Why can't they use IS for ordinary intruders? It's mentioned that ISA is immune to external influence, so having them be able to use them wouldn't be odd since it would have no consequence.
Old 2012-02-26, 22:26   Link #24069
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Now that made me worried somehow
Old 2012-02-26, 22:34   Link #24070
Eratas123

Then again, who would be stupid enough to do something like sneaking into ISA? Besides, it's mentioned that men get the blue collar jobs, and there are no men on the island besides Ichika. Which means: Security guard = Blue collar job. Blue collar job = Male. Male = Not allowed in ISA.
Old 2012-02-26, 22:45   Link #24071
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

What a twisted logic, but it actually happen like that in-universe. I might add some security females just to make sure.
Old 2012-02-26, 22:51   Link #24072
DarkJak2050

Can blowing the head off of an unmaned IS drone "kill" it?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 22:52   Link #24073
Eratas123

Besides, what's the point of guards: Human intruders get in and they'll be scared away or threatened by the IS users. An IS barges in, and the security guys may as well be cannon fodder. Besides, do you really think a human squad can take even one IS?

@ Jak - Nope. You need to smash the core or the entire structure or it's going to keep going.
Old 2012-02-26, 22:53   Link #24074
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

So I can't do it huh

By theory yes, the canon example give us chest-shot instead (where the core located, and apparently must be either separated or destroyed completely)
Old 2012-02-26, 22:55   Link #24075
DarkJak2050

But can it disable some of it's functions?
Old 2012-02-26, 22:59   Link #24076
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I take no claim about canon, but even sensor might be still functional, so, nope. Headshot won't do jack except stun it for few second.
Old 2012-02-26, 23:06   Link #24077
DarkJak2050

So not as useful against an unmaned drone. Basically aim for the chest area.

But against a piloted IS... Oh shit...
Old 2012-02-26, 23:08   Link #24078
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Again, it might be useful (note that Drones still has 'eyes'), few second is precious in a fight involving them.
Old 2012-02-26, 23:23   Link #24079
Eratas123

@ Jak - Compare them to necromorphs.

@ Senpai - The problem is trust. Where did the guards come from? If you say Japan, then people will accuse them of breaking the no tampering treaty. Ditto with any other country. Besides, what would they be equipped with? Anti-IS weaponry would raise eyebrows since they're most likely not mass produced.
Old 2012-02-26, 23:26   Link #24080
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I'm not debating anything, just asking whether it's viable and you already give me an answer

That aside, does it's ever said that golem has Absolute Defense? Seems like the first golem isn't having one as in all adaptation, Cecilia shot through it's torso.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest