Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2007-09-29, 09:25   Link #2481
OnePieceFan

Didn't find...

Hi @ all,
it's me again^^

I'm sorry to disturb you, but I didn't find any link or something helpful while searching for the english translation of the released novels which take place after TSR... So please, if someone knows, where to get...(boku-tachi stopped releasing after they get licensed) please post it or send me a PN...

Thanks for your interest...

Bye
OnePieceFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 10:35   Link #2482
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePieceFan View Post
Hi @ all,
it's me again^^

I'm sorry to disturb you, but I didn't find any link or something helpful while searching for the english translation of the released novels which take place after TSR... So please, if someone knows, where to get...(boku-tachi stopped releasing after they get licensed) please post it or send me a PN...

Thanks for your interest...

Bye
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1928

the link was on page 97.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 18:54   Link #2483
Newbie watcher

Can some one please give me a link to the spoilers of the last novel please. I think there was one but it wasn't completed. thank you
Newbie watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 00:19   Link #2484
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie watcher View Post
Can some one please give me a link to the spoilers of the last novel please. I think there was one but it wasn't completed. thank you
yeah it wasnt completed.. i really need those spoilers as well! though if u check out wikipedia there are quite a few things revealed, like abt the ARX-8 , and that kalinin isnt dead and is working in amalgam.. and that amalgam is after leonard fr some reason.. but dont quote me on this stuff
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 04:31   Link #2485
Miles Teg

With those two link you will have absolutely every spoilers that have been written in this thread.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=2163

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=2177

And for all the pictures published in the Dragon Magazine.

http://perso.orange.fr/gernsback/mmd/
Old 2007-09-30, 09:21   Link #2486
oompa loompa

thanks a lot man, big help. u rock
Old 2007-09-30, 15:48   Link #2487
OnePieceFan

Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
Hi,
big thanks to you for the information.

Bye
OnePieceFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 02:48   Link #2488
FrostWolf

Quote:
We know that they are naturally born children with special power, the power manifest itself has a whisper who give an inherent knowledge (but not necessarily understanding) of advanced mathematics and science.

If the whisper become too strong the Whispered could commit suicide.

The resonance phenomenon between two Whispered let them share thought or memory.

The only thing we don"t know is the origin of the power. I think that this is not really that important and it's probably something that could be resolved/explained in less than 5 minutes.

Born a 24 of December, 16 year old.
Class president, vice-president of the student council.

Father Shunya Chidori
Mother Shizu Chidori
Younger Sister Ayane Chidori.

Shizu family was against her wedding with Shunya so all tie have been cut. So Kaname don't know her grand-parents from her mother side.

Her father and younger sister lives in New York, her father is an environmental High Commissioner for the United Nations.

Her mother has died from a cancer 4 years before the start of the novel.

She has live for several years in the USA before the family comes back to Japan before the death of her mother.

The relationship with her father is very tense and thats the reason she has decided to stay in Japan.

Kaname live alone, her father give her an allowance but she still need to work part time.

We already know more or less everything about Kaname. Kaname and Sousuke are probably the two character we know the most about their past.

Some character haven't received the same treatement we don't even know for what reason Mao has received a Dishonorable Discharge from the US Army or we don't know how Kurtz has acquired his skill as a sniper and as an AS pilot.

Amalgam is a terrorist organization without a physical structure (no office, no factory), so Amalgam is virtually impossible to defeat. Even Leonard know very little about Amalgam and he has been a member of the organization for the last 5-6 years.
Dont get ahead of yourself here we still have to find out:

- what the origins of the whispered's is
- how they have their powers
- what happened to the rest of Mithril
- what in the hell Black Technology is and why it's inherent
and lastly
- see Souske and Kaname kiss
just to name a few
FrostWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 08:25   Link #2489
Hussar67
Old school NES

As I reckon it, there are 4 major background mysteries in the FMP universe that are currently outstanding:

1. What is the origin of the Whispered and the Black Technology they are privy to? (the only hint so far is that all Whispereds may have been born on the same day: Dec. 24, 1984)

2. How did Mithril originate? Who founded it? Why?

3. How did Amalgam originate? Who founded it? Why?

4. What happened during Tessa and Leonard's childhood? How were they discovered to be Whispered? Who attacked their home and killed their parents?
Hussar67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 08:32   Link #2490
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

Another question I have is how in the hell did the USSR find enough money to support itself. By 1990 in our reality they were so broke they collapsed. Why didn't they collapse in this...hmm.
Messerschmitt_Bf-109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 09:38   Link #2491
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messerschmitt_Bf-109 View Post
Another question I have is how in the hell did the USSR find enough money to support itself. By 1990 in our reality they were so broke they collapsed. Why didn't they collapse in this...hmm.
not entirely correct. the USSR spent the bulk of its money supporting the smaller state and military. thats not say the didnt have money . not to mention that the whole organization was riddled with corruption. without gorbachev (app hes assasinated in this, it said so on wiki ), there would never be the severe drops in prices etc. however ur right as in it was in a pretty bad state. thats put accross in FMP right? that the USSR is collapsing.. its even mentioned in one of the episodes, though i cant remember. though ur right in that it should be in a much worse state. but then again, its not real
btw someone help me out here, ive read the spoilers of TMMD theres nothing about the anti - leonard faction? whats that about? oh you guys forgot mr. gold still hasnt beeennn revealed..
now im off a contradicting opinion
1.) i want another book, as it will wrap up the series in grand style
2.) i dont want to wait for another one to get released
lol neways its not in my hands
Old 2007-10-01, 10:06   Link #2492
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

I know it is not the sole reason, but a big part. And by 1998 the USSR should have been nothing.
Messerschmitt_Bf-109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 10:47   Link #2493
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostWolf View Post
- what happened to the rest of Mithril
The only thing that rest of Mithril is the TDD-1 (explained in MMD).

Quote:
- what the origins of the whispered's is
- how they have their powers
- what in the hell Black Technology is and why it's inherent
All of those points could be explained at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hussar67 View Post
1. What is the origin of the Whispered and the Black Technology they are privy to? (the only hint so far is that all Whispereds may have been born on the same day: Dec. 24, 1984)
We are only sure that Tessa, Kaname and Leonard have been born the same day. Nothing has been revealed on the background of Bunny, Nami was stated to be 16 years old not 17, and for Milla we now even less.

Quote:
2. How did Mithril originate? Who founded it? Why?
Explained in short stories.

It was founded around 1992-1993, following the detonation of a nuclear warhead in northern Iraq in the then waning Gulf War. The organization's purpose to halt regional conflicts, in addition to securing the Whispered. As such, it is one of the few organizations aware of the Whispered and Black Technology.

Quote:
4. What happened during Tessa and Leonard's childhood? How were they discovered to be Whispered? Who attacked their home and killed their parents?
Everything is explained in MMD and one of the short stories.
They have been discovered to be Whispered quite easily because they were able to have access to their knowledge at a very young age probably because they are "geniuses" to begin with. And just before the kidnapping they were working on the ECS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
btw someone help me out here, ive read the spoilers of TMMD theres nothing about the anti - leonard faction? whats that about? oh you guys forgot mr. gold still hasnt beeennn revealed..
The anti-Leonard faction is simply Mister Gold, he is fed up with Leonard and he don't really care about the well beings of the Whispered. He only wants the Black Technology.

An important plot point that has appeared with MMD is what exactly Bunny was trying to achieve with the ARX System and perhaps that could be linked with the origin of the Whispered.
Old 2007-10-01, 14:49   Link #2494
Hussar67
Old school NES

Quote:
Quote:
Everything is explained in MMD and one of the short stories.
They have been discovered to be Whispered quite easily because they were able to have access to their knowledge at a very young age probably because they are "geniuses" to begin with. And just before the kidnapping they were working on the ECS.
Not everything is explained, from what I've been able to find: there's a big gap in our knowledge of what happened after the kidnapping and before Mardukas joins Mithril and meets Tessa (who's completing the Tuatha de Danaan). From all I've seen, all we have is a quick "resonance" image Leonard flashes into Kaname's mind that his and Tessa's mother was immoral. There's a lot of questions of what happened to Tessa and Leonard in that period, like who took them? Did they take only Leonard? Were Tessa and Leonard in Mithril reunited (implied the anime, at least--in Series 1, Tessa shows no sign of having lost her brother, she seems giddy talking about him, in fact, not sad--in TSR, Admiral Borda comments that he wishes Leonard was [still?] there, perhaps implying he used to work for Mithril) before Leonard joined Amalgam?

Quote:
The only thing that rest of Mithril is the TDD-1 (explained in MMD).
Question: If that's so, then who constructed the ARX-8 for Wraith, Hunter, Al, and Miller? (And since it was built in Alaska, then that means there were Mithril or Mithril-related facilities that escaped the attacks of COMO.) And Sousuke and Lemon got help from Mithril officers in Florida in MMD. There seem to be some remnants of Mithril still functioning in the world besides the TDD-1.

Last edited by Hussar67; 2007-10-02 at 07:27. Reason: Oops, not Fisher; Miller.
Old 2007-10-01, 15:59   Link #2495
Miles Teg

Quote:
Not everything is explained, from what I've been able to find: there's a big gap in our knowledge of what happened after the kidnapping and before Mardukas joins Mithril and meets Tessa (who's completing the Tuatha de Danaan). From all I've seen, all we have is a quick "resonance" image Leonard flashes into Kaname's mind that his and Tessa's mother was immoral. There's a lot of questions of what happened to Tessa and Leonard in that period, like who took them? Did they take only Leonard? Were Tessa and Leonard in Mithril reunited (implied the anime, at least--in Series 1, Tessa shows no sign of having lost her brother, she seems giddy talking about him, in fact, not sad--in TSR, Admiral Borda comments that he wishes Leonard was [still?] there, perhaps implying he used to work for Mithril) before Leonard joined Amalgam?
It's explained in the novel that their mother has said that Tessa wasn't here (Tessa was hiding) and has said to the kidnapper to take Leonard and to leave the house (the father was already dead). The kidnapper have taken Leonard and killed his mother.

The kidnapping has taken place in 1991, the nuclear bomb in 1992/93. because she has recognize the work of her brother in that bomb (ECS) Tessa has joined Mithril and has made everything she could do to become the captain of the TDD-1 (work started in 1993, commissioned the 8/26/1996).

Borda was an old friend of Tessa father, that the reason he is able to say that Tessa is as stubborn as her father for example.

Plus when Tessa was working for Mithril in the research department the only other Whispered was Bunny.

Quote:
Question: If that's so, then who constructed the ARX-8 for Wraith, Hunter, Al, and Fisher? (And since it was built in Alaska, then that means there were Mithril or Mithril-related facilities that escaped the attacks of COMO.) And Sousuke and Lemon got help from Mithril officers in Florida in MMD. There seem to be some remnants of Mithril still functioning in the world besides the TDD-1.
The ARX-8 as been constructed by Gavin Hunter alone with found and connection he has made when he was working for Mithril, it's explained when Wraith give the AI unit to Hunter

Quote:
.Wraith meets up with a mysterious man
"You have the stuff?"
"We are both on our own now."
"So what is this AS' name?"
"There is none since the project was scrapped - but if it had one, it would be known as..."
"ARX-8"
The two founder of Mithril with Sousuke in MMD were using their connection with the US Army to have the M6A3 and the helicopter and it's Lemon, a spy from a French agency, who was hacking a NATO satellite to found the location of the mansion, they have never used anything related to Mithril.

If Tessa, two founder of Mithril plus Hunter say that nothing remain of Mithril we could say that this is the truth no ??

The M9 used by Mithril were constructed by Geotron Electronics in their California factory (where Bunny was working) for the E series and in the Dortmund factory for the D series.

But it would be good to have someone (HunterSeeker for example) who have read the novels to clearly respond to those question, my information are from someone who has read the novel and was kindly answering at my question but he could have make mistake or I could have misinterpreted is explanation.

Last edited by Miles Teg; 2007-10-01 at 16:24.
Old 2007-10-02, 01:51   Link #2496
FrostWolf

Well we know that the girl Souske rescued in Episode 1 was behind the construction of the Lambda Driver for the ARX 8 (I think her name was Miller)
Secondly Lemon works for the DGSE
Thirdly the USSR was broke in our world becuase it had lost the war in Aganhistan but they succesfully reinvaded in the 5th Gulf War in FMP
and Lastly who is Mr. Gold?
FrostWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 07:34   Link #2497
Hussar67
Old school NES

Quote:
But it would be good to have someone (HunterSeeker for example) who have read the novels to clearly respond to those question, my information are from someone who has read the novel and was kindly answering at my question but he could have make mistake or I could have misinterpreted is explanation.
Indeed -- I've been reliant on the short story synopses from the beginning of this thread since the short stories haven't been published in the US yet. I just can't help being suspicious that some of Mithril went underground if Hunter and the Whispered girl Miller and others managed to survive. We'll see in the last novel if Mallory and/or Amitt survived, or more.
Old 2007-10-02, 09:06   Link #2498
masterwok

Quote:
Well we know that the girl Souske rescued in Episode 1 was behind the construction of the Lambda Driver for the ARX 8 (I think her name was Miller)
Secondly Lemon works for the DGSE
Thirdly the USSR was broke in our world becuase it had lost the war in Aganhistan but they succesfully reinvaded in the 5th Gulf War in FMP
and Lastly who is Mr. Gold?
well if you think about it china is not split in 2 in our world, thats another difference from ours to theres.
masterwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 15:27   Link #2499
sosukeXkanameXforeve
Romantic at Heart

Hey guys!!
Um, i was wondering if anyone had a link to where i could read/download "A Dancing Very Merry Christmas" because i tried boku-tachi and it didnt work, because of some license stuff/whatnot. so if anyone could give me a link i would appreciate soooooo much!!!!!!

p.s. i too cannot wait for the last installment in the FMP! novels!!!!! ^_^ xD
sosukeXkanameXforeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 18:13   Link #2500
Kami
FMP fangirl

Send a message via MSN to Kami
Quote:
Indeed -- I've been reliant on the short story synopses from the beginning of this thread since the short stories haven't been published in the US yet. I just can't help being suspicious that some of Mithril went underground if Hunter and the Whispered girl Miller and others managed to survive. We'll see in the last novel if Mallory and/or Amitt survived, or more.
who is Miller?
Kami is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen