AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-22, 16:26   Link #25321
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
If Index III ends on vol 22 it will rushed as hell.
The only way is if it's 2+1 cours.
Old 2013-04-22, 16:29   Link #25322
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The only way is if it's 2+1 cours.
I think, it is better to them to make at least two movies to picturize vol 20, 21, 22.
Old 2013-04-22, 16:31   Link #25323
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu Vie Britania View Post
I think, it is better to them to make at least two movies to picturize vol 20, 21, 22.
....Essentially, you want to wait three to five years for three volumes instead of just one year?
Old 2013-04-22, 16:32   Link #25324
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
If Index III ends on vol 22 it will rushed as hell.
Not really if they take out SS2 out of the formula.

Afterall, Index II did Volume 7~13 + SS1.
Old 2013-04-22, 16:40   Link #25325
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
Not really if they take out SS2 out of the formula.

Afterall, Index II did Volume 7~13 + SS1.
We are already discounting SS2.

You're still looking at 9 books.

Index II had vol 8 which was one of the thinnest books, along with just 2/3 of SS1 which is also a relatively short story, making it about 7 volumes which is manageable.
Old 2013-04-22, 16:47   Link #25326
Javiersansano

No offense, but keep dreaming... No, sorry for.he bad joke, but.seriously, if the studio wants tomake a great adaptation of everything between Vento and Fiamma, they should produce two seasons for that... Or one compressed season,and theatera released, One hour length, high quality OVAs (gundam unicorn quality) for WWIII... That is my opinion
Old 2013-04-22, 16:50   Link #25327
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

...I do NOT, want to wait forever for stupid OVAs and I have no idea why people have such a hard-on for them.

They don't create the same buzz as an Anime, they don't linger for as long in people's minds, and you have to wait freaking months for the next episode.
Old 2013-04-22, 16:52   Link #25328
Shinhwa
Banned

OVA for the WWIII arc is bad idea.
Old 2013-04-22, 16:55   Link #25329
tsunade666

But at least a movie and an ova can make a difference from the series because let's face it. Index anime is pretty mediocre if you ask me. It feels way to average.

now if its ufotable or sunrise that at least do justice on their work. I won't be so depressed on it.
Old 2013-04-22, 16:59   Link #25330
Javiersansano

Then you guys think that one seasons is enough for everthing that happens after ss1? I doubt it... If you tell me 5wo seasons, the the studio should add filler "scenes" (i have gotten bored of.the eternal fillers from Naruto, Bleach and Katekyo hitman reborn)... Or they could make.a.very detailed 12 episodes season only for england civil war and WWWIII, or even only for WWWIII
Old 2013-04-22, 17:01   Link #25331
Shinhwa
Banned

If they are going to do 2 more seasons separate, then they can fit in SS2 and other special novel/stories that have been released.
Old 2013-04-22, 17:01   Link #25332
Rovert10

There is just way too much content within Index to even think about filler scenes unlike Railgun.
Old 2013-04-22, 17:03   Link #25333
Shinhwa
Banned

Well Railgun is understandable as they didn't have enough material to fit in a 24 episode anime at the time, but Index has tons of material to fit in lol
Old 2013-04-22, 17:04   Link #25334
Rovert10

Index: Hopefully they won't cut this out.

Railgun: Hopefully they won't fill in random stuff.
Old 2013-04-22, 17:11   Link #25335
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
Then you guys think that one seasons is enough for everthing that happens after ss1? I doubt it... If you tell me 5wo seasons, the the studio should add filler "scenes" (i have gotten bored of.the eternal fillers from Naruto, Bleach and Katekyo hitman reborn)... Or they could make.a.very detailed 12 episodes season only for england civil war and WWWIII, or even only for WWWIII
On second thought... Could you guys help me do a quick recount of the main events, fights an psycological breakthroughs of civil war, DRAGON and WWIII? could those three fill a 24 ep. Season?
Old 2013-04-22, 17:15   Link #25336
leukrota

3 cours for season 3 would be awesome, but the chances of that happening is less than 1% (and by that I mean about 0%)

A movie for WWIII wouldn't be bad IMO, and it's not rushed if they do a long one (150~180 min). The increased quality would also make the wait worth it... But 2 movies... I just don't see it (and I don't want it)

The other option is to rush it, volumes 14, 16 and 19 can be done in 2 episodes each; 3 for the rest and leave SS2 for something else (a side miniseries of 3~5 minutes per episode could be nice)

The one problem I see, is that so far JC Staff's adaptation of Index is somewhat lacking in terms of composition. They could learn a thing or two from Bones in that aspect... IMO anyway.

EDIT: Well, inb4 the studio =/= directors. I don't feel like researching it. So let's leave it at Index's staff can learn from FMAB's staff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovert10 View Post
Index: Hopefully they won't cut this out.

Railgun: Hopefully they won't fill in random stuff.
LOL, you got that right.
Old 2013-04-22, 17:19   Link #25337
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
But at least a movie and an ova can make a difference from the series because let's face it. Index anime is pretty mediocre if you ask me. It feels way to average.

now if its ufotable or sunrise that at least do justice on their work. I won't be so depressed on it.
im surprised at all that index has a massive FANBASE. don't get me wrong i love this series and the anime but i have to admit after seeing index season 2 it rather look completely mediocre like you said, and the fact that it managed to outsell index season 1 is quite a miracle.but luckily we had the index movie(Which i can't wait to see when subs come out) probably made up for the sorry excuse that happen in index season 2 but my biggest concern like with the rest of you is how they are going to set up index season 3 seeing as how they have to use more material then they did with index season 2 which could lead to a worser season 3.
Old 2013-04-22, 17:28   Link #25338
Javiersansano

Which is why the three arcs I' talking about would be for season 4... But seriously, could WWIII fill 12 episodes flat? Of course uncluding the hint thaat kamijou is alive... Maybe noticing that the grkota strap cot torn off, with him sayin "... Fukou da"... Or.could the studio make a.fifth season covering WWIII and part of NT... This alternative seems ausible considering that series tend to make the same number of episodes fir each season... FMO fumoffi doesn't count for being nothing but short stories of the LN Novel... And soeaking of short stories... Where in the timeline do the Birdway short stories fit? Those could also be used... And of course we can't forget to add at least the Brunhild part of kanzaki's short stories, with the other cases bei.g recalled in flashbacks

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! It's too much to fit in two seasons, even with specials and OVAs
Old 2013-04-22, 17:37   Link #25339
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
No it won't.

I don't know what world you're living in but Movies and OVAs aren't flawless and they don't make everything magically better.

Quote:
You mean the same Ufotable that we haven't seen do anything else?

You know what happens when you wait for only the best? You give Animes once every five to eight years.

The fanbase here couldn't even last two years without complaining for a new Anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
3 cours for season 3 would be awesome, but the chances of that happening is less than 1% (and by that I mean about 0%)
Split cour is all in the rage now, you might want to revise your numbers.

Quote:
A movie for WWIII wouldn't be bad IMO, and it's not rushed if they do a long one (150~180 min). The increased quality would also make the wait worth it... But 2 movies... I just don't see it (and I don't want it)
That doesn't say much.

Anything is better if it's not rushed and has increased quality.

Quote:
The one problem I see, is that so far JC Staff's adaptation of Index is somewhat lacking in terms of composition. They could learn a thing or two from Bones in that aspect... IMO anyway.

EDIT: Well, inb4 the studio =/= directors. I don't feel like researching it. So let's leave it at Index's staff can learn from FMAB's staff...
Sure, just give Dengeki the same fundings then.
Old 2013-04-22, 17:50   Link #25340
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
No it won't.

I don't know what world you're living in but Movies and OVAs aren't flawless and they don't make everything magically better.

The fanbase here couldn't even last two years without complaining for a new Anime.
OVA's and Movie are at least better and has more time when its being created unlike a series where it needs to be planned out for a whole when making it. And if I can suggest for a movie and ova it means that waiting isn't a problem for me because there are lots of animes/games/novels/work out there that I can do while waiting.

Tamni fanbase are just pretty ridiculous if you ask me. Complains a lot (I complain a lot on railgun but I gave up because it won't change )

At least we don't worship a gary sue or perverted character character and that's gives a good reason.

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen