Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-10, 03:22   Link #2521
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Meh, just a clever tactic known as time travel.

Working as intended.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 04:25   Link #2522
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Someone found a way to cancel auctions by setting back computer cloak. Epic fail from blizzard!

Its getting harder and harder to make money now. Even a life on hit weapon ~600 dps aren't selling at 400k. Gotta pray for 900dps 1 hander with stats/1.1k...
Still, maybe they could add the feature that allows cancellations if there are no bids?

And as for prices... I don't know, weapons being cheaper or more expensive doesn't matter because in the end, we all buy and sell. Inflation and Deflation affect everyone equally.
Old 2012-06-10, 06:04   Link #2523
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

And some random monster drops this. I see it's stupidly overpriced on the AH, so why not overprice it a little less than them and take some big bucks home?

Spoiler:

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-06-10, 07:26   Link #2524
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Finally figured out the secret of kiting Mortar monsters. The idea is to stop, wait for the mortars to be fired, then move just as you see them coming. I use to just keep moving, but then mortar rounds would just predict my location and fire. If you dodge at the very last second then they will all miss, and then you have time to stutter step counter attack.

p.s. I love the prison area. So good for seeker magic missiles and hydra

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2012-06-10 at 08:21.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 07:47   Link #2525
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
And some random monster drops this. I see it's stupidly overpriced on the AH, so why not overprice it a little less than them and take some big bucks home?

Spoiler:
yup better sell that thing fast like a boss! i also recommend everyone to sell any legendaries or set items they come across right away before patch 1.03 comes out. i can see a HUGE drop in gold price after 2 to 4 days when patch goes live. why? think about how many players play everyday in inferno and the percent drop rate of getting some fail set items goodies will increase more than often compared to patch 1.02b. this in turn leads to these players continually undercutting each other and so on.

this is the reason why i'm so afraid to spend any gold atm on the AH for legendaries or set items. that and no one knows how they're nerfing IAS exactly.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 08:10   Link #2526
Wigwams

yeah, waiting for the nerf patch. im totally stucked on inferno butcher and he aint dropping any good stuffs at all.

i personally think AH fee should apply to all auctions and not just successful bids. its a good way to stop AH flooding with crazy prices... someone puts up junk for 100m? he loses 15m when it doesnt sell.
Old 2012-06-10, 08:23   Link #2527
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
yeah, waiting for the nerf patch. im totally stucked on inferno butcher and he aint dropping any good stuffs at all.

i personally think AH fee should apply to all auctions and not just successful bids. its a good way to stop AH flooding with crazy prices... someone puts up junk for 100m? he loses 15m when it doesnt sell.
Actually, the flooding of items is not possible as long as we are stuck with 10 auctions max. You can't punish people for putting things on the AMH or people would simply not use it.
Old 2012-06-10, 08:56   Link #2528
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Ugh, is it just me, or is there no noticeable increase in cash drops between Hell and Inferno? I'm not seeing how any of you were able to get more than 200k in gold, nevermind the millions some people appear to have...
With gold find gear on, I get clumps of gold close to 2000 occasionally, with tons of 1300+
Hell Act 3~4 is more like 700-800, there's definite spike in gold amount increase.
Old 2012-06-10, 09:05   Link #2529
nozomi vamp
Big guns, small brains

honestly I prefer diablo 2 to 3. granted i'm still only in the first act, but i just liked how 2 played better than 3 does.
nozomi vamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 09:18   Link #2530
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozomi vamp View Post
honestly I prefer diablo 2 to 3. granted i'm still only in the first act, but i just liked how 2 played better than 3 does.
Give me lag free offline play any day.

Anyway, on Act II Inferno right now. Jailer + Bees = instant death. I think I might try to teleport my way past all the champions and just rush my way to Act III as fast as I can.
Old 2012-06-10, 10:45   Link #2531
Sides

I am now kind of losing interests I am stuck with my barbarian in Hell Act 2, every time I wonder through a dungeon to get a key item for the story, I just get surrounded by champions. Maybe I should use the AH, but I managed to do so far without and personally it spoils the fun for me to use items I ddin't find on my own.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 11:58   Link #2532
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Maybe I should use the AH, but I managed to do so far without and personally it spoils the fun for me to use items I ddin't find on my own.
I don't know about that mentality. I just treat it as though I'm buying off another ingame merchants, only that I can choose the stats I desire. I survived my first playthrough with the Wizard by piling on items I bought from ingame merchants and crafting, and moved to buying from the Auction House once I got to Hell.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 12:30   Link #2533
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
I am now kind of losing interests I am stuck with my barbarian in Hell Act 2, every time I wonder through a dungeon to get a key item for the story, I just get surrounded by champions. Maybe I should use the AH, but I managed to do so far without and personally it spoils the fun for me to use items I ddin't find on my own.
I'm not sure will trading affect your mentality or not, but if you don't mind, I can give you some of my old stuffs from my Barb. I've been constantly trading stuff between me and my friends all the time to get all my gears. I only went to AH once I reached Inferno.
Old 2012-06-10, 14:35   Link #2534
Sides

Thanks for your offer, but I am a bit stubborn ^^
BTW any idea when the expansion is coming? I noticed that in the act 3 a lot of cain's "lost" chronicles talks about the barbarians, which gave me the impression that they are the central figures, besides the NPC, in D3. It would be nice if they would go in more depth with the other characters, with future expansions/updates.

But I think I am going to take a break form D3, since a lot of good games are coming out the next few months, starting with lollipop chainsaw ^^ next week
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 17:16   Link #2535
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Give me lag free offline play any day.

Anyway, on Act II Inferno right now. Jailer + Bees = instant death. I think I might try to teleport my way past all the champions and just rush my way to Act III as fast as I can.
FYI, I managed to beat Act II within three days, while only skipping a few elites who had ridiculous affixes. I can't even begin to comprehend how blizzard thought putting a fast affix on an already fast mob would be fair, but alas, neither is vortex/firechains. Or invul minons with any other combination of things for that matter...Anyways, I'm not even able to light the first fireplace in Act III quest 1. I'm not really sure how people passed this. I'm going to assume they just skip the elites, or dish out serious amounts of gold to pass the gear check that is Inferno.
Old 2012-06-10, 17:18   Link #2536
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

So umm, if the Auction House can be exploited due to amateur programming so dumb that anyone can exploit it, these servers and security are perfectly secure, amirite? Whatever, the spambots are really getting annoying.

I mean really, YOUR system clock, which can be out of sync from everyone else's determines auction time. This is just so fail, it belongs in like Guilty Crown or something.

Someone's out of a job.

MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-06-10 at 17:36.
Old 2012-06-10, 18:54   Link #2537
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
FYI, I managed to beat Act II within three days, while only skipping a few elites who had ridiculous affixes. I can't even begin to comprehend how blizzard thought putting a fast affix on an already fast mob would be fair, but alas, neither is vortex/firechains. Or invul minons with any other combination of things for that matter...Anyways, I'm not even able to light the first fireplace in Act III quest 1. I'm not really sure how people passed this. I'm going to assume they just skip the elites, or dish out serious amounts of gold to pass the gear check that is Inferno.
On my barb in order to do it, I made a demon hunter and spent >25 million in gold to do all of act 3 except for azmodan (because I never bothered).

On my demon hunter I spent less than <1million gold and built a glass cannon. Traps+long and narrow corridor/stairs is a DH's dream.

There is still one more Act 3 farming spot yet to be nerfed... worst case I can always just farm ponyland where all trash are melee.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 21:39   Link #2538
Marina2

Winning a bid is harder than I thought. Somehow, my rivals seem to always win because they waits to outbid me in the last few hours/minutes/seconds. LOL

And I can't stare at the scene forever.......
Old 2012-06-10, 21:51   Link #2539
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Just won a bid on an item a lot of people don't see the value to:

It was a 650dps 2hander with req level -16 and a socket.
Perfect for my barb in Nightmare Act 2, I'm sure Belial will die in less than 30 seconds.

I bid and paid 350k, which is a lot more than what a weapon like that would be worth at max level, but considering the time it would save me on the barb till 60, it's well worth it. Socket was a must, so I can put in high LoH gem, to make sure everything is a breeze.

I can make up that cost in an hour on my Inferno character anyways.
Old 2012-06-10, 21:59   Link #2540
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Well, I think I'm halfway through Act-I Inferno. Leoric was surprisingly easier than expected, though by this point I've run into elite mobs with seriously STUPID enchant combinations. Like a boss with invulnerable minions, vortex, plagued, and frozen... Ugh.

Close to 350 resist now, but yeah, seriously not enough for many of the elites, like at all.

I guess it's more time in Whimsyshire for me, at least when my friends are on... If not, Act-IV Hell.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler