AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2016-03-03, 16:58   Link #2561
DragonOsman
Dragon King

That's fan art, though, right? I don't think it counts.
Old 2016-03-03, 22:56   Link #2562
dragonroots
Carefree Dragon

he specifically asked for fanart
Old 2016-03-09, 11:12   Link #2563
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

After tinkering with JeruTz, we found that the top brass, God-Class [UL] mooks were apparently a reference/based on the Indian/Hindu-Buddhist astrology of Navagraha.

However, the cyborg-like nature of them is, of course, Ishibumi's original, especially considering their inter-dimensional alien nature, but the hierarchy is very much similar.

The implication of this is that, yes, the power levels in EX now makes sense, when you consider that, in Navagraha analogy, the strongest one, Surya (The Sun God), is actually Sakra Indra's brother (and apparently as strong as the King of the Devas, if not stronger).
Old 2016-03-09, 11:17   Link #2564
Chichiryuushintei

Sakra Indra is equal to 4 Maou-Class put together. No, that's not impressive.
Old 2016-03-09, 11:25   Link #2565
DragonOsman
Dragon King

If you aren't being sarcastic, then I have to ask: How is that not impressive? Four Maou-Class guys put together - I mean, seriously?
Old 2016-03-09, 11:40   Link #2566
Chichiryuushintei

I meant compared to the tier Ise, Vali and the others should be in 30 years. Plus, Ajuka and Sirzechs each are more than twice as strong as Indra. Heavenly Dragon-tier beings should be about that level also at least.

Plus, If Ise ever really becomes GR-Tier, all of those guys are less than scrubs.

Hell, current Dulio is able to fight against Crom Cruach, who should be HD-Class, without much trouble.
Old 2016-03-09, 11:45   Link #2567
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
I meant compared to the tier Ise, Vali and the others should be in 30 years. Plus, Ajuka and Sirzechs each are more than twice as strong as Indra. Heavenly Dragon-tier beings should be about that level also at least.

Hell, current Dulio is able to fight against Crom Cruach, who should be HD-Class, without much trouble.
There's no actual confirmation that Sirzechs and Ajuka are two times stronger than Indra. In fact, Ishibumi said before the Hindu Gods being on the upper ranks of the Top 10, so there's a possibility that Indra might be the one stronger than Sirzechs and Ajuka.

And both Dulio and Crom was holding back in that fight, we don't know how things will turn out if they go all out.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-09, 11:59   Link #2568
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
There's no actual confirmation that Sirzechs and Ajuka are two times stronger than Indra. In fact, Ishibumi said before the Hindu Gods being on the upper ranks of the Top 10, so there's a possibility that Indra might be the one stronger than Sirzechs and Ajuka.

And both Dulio and Crom was holding back in that fight, we don't know how things will turn out if they go all out.
It was said that Indra is as strong as 4 Maou-Classes combined. It was said Super Devil Mode-Sirzechs is 10x stronger than the original Lucifer. Ajuka is equal to him. Just do the math.

That list didn't have Ddraig, Albion, and Ajuka and Sirzechs weren't in there either.

He still was able to keep up with him, and his SG is said to be able to do the same thing as Ddraig, destroy the world. They may not be exactly equal, but they are definitely similar in power.
Old 2016-03-09, 12:16   Link #2569
B214

Quote:
It was said that Indra is as strong as 4 Maou-Classes combined. It was said Super Devil Mode-Sirzechs is 10x stronger than the original Lucifer. Ajuka is equal to him. Just do the math.

That list didn't have Ddraig, Albion, and Ajuka and Sirzechs weren't in there either.

He still was able to keep up with him, and his SG is said to be able to do the same thing as Ddraig, destroy the world. They may not be exactly equal, but they are definitely similar in power.
That still doesn't automatically guarantee that Sirzechs and Ajuka are stronger than Sakra. We haven't seen him actually fight after all. Plus Ishibumi already said it, the Hindu Gods have cheat-like abilities. Even if Sirzechs and Ajuka are stronger than him physically, they may still lose to him ability-wise.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-09, 12:34   Link #2570
Chichiryuushintei

Hax in this series is limited by the user's own power. Otherwise Shiva should be able to destroy Trihexa.

10>4. I think it's pretty straightforward.

If Ishi retcons Sakra to being much stronger than that later on, that's one thing, but with what was said up to now, Sirzechs and Ajuka > Indra. As for the physical part, Ajuka isn't a physical fighter, he uses extremelly advanced magic. Hell, with how OP the v12 stunt was, that could be considered hax.
Old 2016-03-10, 08:17   Link #2571
eisai_haramasukoi

*sigh*

Power Rankings? Again?
eisai_haramasukoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-15, 08:29   Link #2572
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

Quote:
Hax in this series is limited by the user's own power. Otherwise Shiva should be able to destroy Trihexa.

10>4. I think it's pretty straightforward.

If Ishi retcons Sakra to being much stronger than that later on, that's one thing, but with what was said up to now, Sirzechs and Ajuka > Indra. As for the physical part, Ajuka isn't a physical fighter, he uses extremelly advanced magic. Hell, with how OP the v12 stunt was, that could be considered hax.
I'd like to point out that the power of four people combined is different than 10x the power of one person, regardless of how strong the individual is. When it comes to these types of series, 4 similarly strengthened people working together does not equal strength of one 4 times. Often you get the x times stronger together than separately with x usually being a digit above 10.

But I digress.

With that out of the way, it'd be best to stop with the power level arguments in this thread before we get another 20 pages of nearly everyone arguing against whatever argument you bring up.

It's tiring to have to sift through all the back and forth bickering of the same things each time and I'm pretty sure there's a power level thread for this very reason.

In fact, here's the link to the very thread. http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=125228

Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle Wiki - If you've read and enjoyed the series, please help out! We now have a social group!!!
Cipher J's Blog|Fan and Original Fiction Database - A blog that I recently made to serve as a backup place for all my fan/original fiction. Feel free to check it out if you like.
DragonKing0117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-22, 11:41   Link #2573
Reaperherpderp

just curious if all the other Ex stories got summaries like the 1st 2 from jopjopjop.
i just came back the the DxD threads after a long time and see jopjopjop hasnt posted in a LONG time.

Nvm i see there are summary's after i used the Search function. Honestly was just curious what happened to jopjopjop, since he hasnt made a post here or on the Wikia in a long time.
Reaperherpderp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-22, 20:55   Link #2574
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

I heard that Jop "retired" from DxD contributions (which was why I took over the EX summary writing from him), and zxzxzx said that he is "tired" so he won't give any contributions on DxD by a longshot.
Old 2016-03-22, 21:05   Link #2575
Biohazardous

Dang that sucks to hear. Might be awhile before we have full translation of volume 21 then.
Old 2016-03-22, 21:42   Link #2576
Variabug
Professional Lurker

Nope, ZX put on his blog that he's starting on Vol 21 today. You might have confused him with Code-Zero the original translator.
Variabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-23, 15:40   Link #2577
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

@Variabug
Quote:
zxzxzx said that he is "tired" so he won't give any contributions on DxD by a longshot.
Who I mean "he" here is Jop. Sorry if that statement make it a bit ambiguous (and confusing).

Anyway, for EX discussion purposes: a lot had been shed light from Vol. 21's spoilers that basically confirms that EX is indeed canon (and a foundation for a new series), and I think the main hook is when Ajuka said in this volume that the ExE world will contact the DxD world in 30 years.
Old 2016-03-23, 23:37   Link #2578
Variabug
Professional Lurker

No prob.

Anyway, yeah it seems that Ischibumi wants to have an EX sequel to the main series, which is good because while there where good things in EX the short series we had didn't have enough time to properly flesh out the story in an ultimately satisfying way. EX was better as "oh, that's pretty cool" with how the characters ended up rather than as the story itself. I believe in the afterword Ischibumi said that ExE wouldn't be covered in DXD, pretty much cementing that there will be a sequel series. The only reason why DXD wouldn't continue at this point is if sales within the next 2 years start to slip. However, with DXD 21 at nearly 15,000 sales within the first week and other volumes reaching around 60,000 overall sales, I don't see that happening unless the ball gets majorly dropped. Especially if Ischibumi continues to have great volumes like 20 and 21. However, it should be noted I am not familiar with LN sales figures and what is considered "good" by their standards, so I could be wrong.

One of the things that makes EX good in concept is that it can both continue development of the DXD cast, but at the same time being far enough away to where they don't have to participate in the story too much. A nice goldilocks zone where they are present, but not dominating allowing for a new cast to shine. That is also why I would be open to a Millicas based series. Also, who doesn't want to see Airi? An Airi lookalike going around acting like Issei while kicking ass and taking names? Sign me up! There's also characters we didn't really get to see a lot of. Shirayuki and Kurobara did not get the love they deserved. Kurenai, Zen, and Shin fell of the face of the planet after part 2.

Also, I would like a full volume telling EX from the POV of the kids. For one, it would be nice to see the Highschool versions of the DXD cast as well as Azazel at that point. At the same time showing what they where doing when Azazel wasn't around. Oh, and having a scene of the kids abusing Loki would personally make my day.
Old 2016-03-23, 23:39   Link #2579
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variabug View Post
Anyway, yeah it seems that Ischibumi wants to have an EX sequel to the main series, which is good because while there where good things in EX the short series we had didn't have enough time to properly flesh out the story in an ultimately satisfying way. EX was better as "oh, that's pretty cool" with how the characters ended up rather than as the story itself. I believe in the afterword Ischibumi said that ExE wouldn't be covered in DXD, pretty much cementing that there will be a sequel series. The only reason why DXD wouldn't continue at this point is if sales within the next 2 years start to slip. However, with DXD 21 at nearly 15,000 sales within the first week and number 3 overall, I don't see that happening unless the ball gets majorly dropped. Especially if Ischibumi continues to have great volumes like 20 and 21 are.

One of the things that makes EX good in concept is that it can both continue development of the DXD cast, but at the same time being far enough away to where they don't have to participate in the story too much. A nice goldilocks zone where they are present, but not dominating allowing for a new cast to shine. That is also why I would be open to a Millicas based series. Also, who doesn't want to see Airi? An Airi lookalike going around acting like Issei while kicking ass and taking names? Sign me up! There's also characters we didn't really get to see a lot of. Shirayuki and Kurobara did not get the love they deserved. Kurenai, Zen, and Shin fell of the face of the planet after part 2.
That's not even first week sales. Those sales were from the first 3 days. Also, I can't see EX being the first sequel to HS DxD. The main cast are very popular still and it's a big risk to overhaul the cast now, and risk a backlash from fans. A series based on Issei's kids is likely years upon years away.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-23, 23:44   Link #2580
Variabug
Professional Lurker

Seafoam, we have around 3 years left of the main cast left. And I doubt that the whole main cast will be gone for EX, Asia and Kiba will probably be pretty big due to how close they are to the children. Issei and the other local wives will probably be the ones who appear the least due to the known EX timeline. This is also me assuming that the series will focus on the children. We don't know how EX will go because we aren't even close to the end of DXD as this last arc will probably go around 8-12 volumes. There is time and a lot of things can happen 3 years.

Also, first 3 days. Damn, but I am not familiar with LN sales figures nor how MAL puts down it's info so I can and probably will be wrong in my interpretations until I learn more.