Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2009-12-18, 02:20   Link #2561
mg1942

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Ra View Post

Courtesy : Sankaku.C / Ameba

I watched the youtube version of that...

... there's a scene where Moore snubbed the figurine/hobby store and then went to another store that sells cables
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 15:08   Link #2562
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

The video of Moore in Akiba

Part 1 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqA3iFOQwuA

Part 2 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4lchYu-isE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg1942 View Post
I watched the youtube version of that...

... there's a scene where Moore snubbed the figurine/hobby store and then went to another store that sells cables
I dont think Moore has any prior exposure to anime . So this whole experience sure must have been overwhelming for him . Plus the culture shock .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimatheKat View Post
Oh well. Typical Moorish, American response, no?
Before jumping the gun , you should watch some of Moore Documentaries . He is far from your typical Joe take my word for it .

Though very satirical and over-dramatic in his deposition . The problem with Moore lies in bending the truth to suite his cause.

And all the causes he has championed, for are just anti-gun/invasion/Bush/corporates/insurance

Quote:
It's now Hatoyama of the DPJ.
I don't follow politics not that old ... But thanks for the correction muddled up the names .... its Hatoyama I was talking about I Believe in UFOs Hatoyama .

That looks very silly coming from a head of state . With that Hatoyama elected himself to the Esteemed league of Bush Sarkozy and Berlusconi

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2009-12-18 at 15:24. Reason: Links Added
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 17:16   Link #2563
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Am I the only one amused by the hypocrisy of someone as obese as Moore decrying people fooling themselves by consuming to much?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 21:18   Link #2564
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

That was not one of Moore's stellar moments in film making... he basically came off as "Yet Another Gaijin Gawking at Those Wacky Japanese" ..... :P

Moore *can* communicate well and in a funny/morbid way... this ain't that.
Old 2009-12-18, 22:39   Link #2565
npcomplete

Quote:
“A lot of unnecessary things are being sold here.”
ohhh kaaayy.. umm.. well duh?
npcomplete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 01:17   Link #2566
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
That was not one of Moore's stellar moments in film making... he basically came off as "Yet Another Gaijin Gawking at Those Wacky Japanese" ..... :P

This is probably one of those times he had little ideas.......he could have done a docu-commentary on the Copenhagen instead.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 02:02   Link #2567
mg1942

some popular cable news host makes a weird comparison...

Spoiler for ...:

Last edited by mg1942; 2009-12-20 at 16:28.
Old 2009-12-19, 03:10   Link #2568
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Lol, the Youtube links for the Michael Moore videos had commenting disabled.
Well, it's a good choice, seeing as to how much of bad tourist he was back there.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 16:00   Link #2569
mg1942

slightly old news... but this one is for the mainstream audience and for the world to see and judge...

Old 2009-12-20, 16:23   Link #2570
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg1942 View Post
some popular cable news host makes a weird comparison...

Spoiler for ...:
Glen Beck fails at trying to be funny & sarcasm. God i hate that guy.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 16:52   Link #2571
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
Glen Beck fails at trying to be funny & sarcasm. God i hate that guy.
http://www.newser.com/story/73500/jo...lenn-beck.html

I love the reference to Dr. Strangelove.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2009-12-20 at 17:07.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 17:13   Link #2572
Woopzilla
Desensitized

China shopping centre builds 'car park for women'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC.co.uk
A shopping centre in China's Hebei province has built a car park with wider spaces that it says is designed especially to suit women drivers.

The women-only car park in Shijiazhuang city is also painted in pink and light purple to appeal to female tastes. Official Wang Zheng told AFP news agency the car park was meant to cater to women's "strong sense of colour and different sense of distance". The parking bays are one metre (3ft) wider than normal spaces, he said.

The Wanxiang-Tiancheng shopping centre had also "installed signs and security monitoring equipment that corresponded more to women's needs", he said. The Global Times website says female parking attendants have been trained to help guide women drivers into their parking spaces. The bays also have extra lighting.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/8432887.stm

One metre wider due to their "different" sense of distance, eh? Not that I'm bashing women's driving though... just like their use of words for what they're probably really implying.
Old 2009-12-28, 18:06   Link #2573
Theowne
耳をすませば

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post

Was this even made by Michael Moore? Looks more like it was some Japanese variety show which produced this.

Also, I don't see what the big deal is. Am I upset that Moore is making fun of maid cafes where 17 year olds greet guests as "master"? No, not really.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 22:15   Link #2574
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woopzilla View Post

One metre wider due to their "different" sense of distance, eh? Not that I'm bashing women's driving though... just like their use of words for what they're probably really implying.
Chinese women would truly have to suck at bay parking for them to go to this extremes.
It doesn't help them try to improve their skills, but rather cater to their inadequancies too, which I can't help but find insulting.
(Unless the cost of this carpark helps to reduce costs of damage from past events)

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 23:31   Link #2575
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:

Heh??
Different sense of direction? So if we say go right, women there will go left??
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 23:35   Link #2576
FateAnomaly

Distance not direction.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 23:44   Link #2577
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Heh??
Different sense of direction? So if we say go right, women there will go left??
As in to park in the normal width given for bay parking is too narrow, they'd hit or scratch the cars at either end when reversing -.-

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-29, 04:28   Link #2578
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Quote:

Chinese women would truly have to suck at bay parking for them to go to this extremes.
It doesn't help them try to improve their skills, but rather cater to their inadequancies too, which I can't help but find insulting.
(Unless the cost of this carpark helps to reduce costs of damage from past events)
*cough* we have proof! *cough*

Women worse at parking than men, study shows
Quote:
Bochum, Germany (Dec 20): Female drivers take an average of 20 seconds longer to park their cars but are still less likely to end up in the middle of the bay, the research suggests.

As part of the test 65 people were asked to park an Audi A6 family saloon in a standard-sized parking space. Their manoeuvres — including head-on, reverse and parallel parking — were timed and rated for accuracy, which was judged by how far they kept the vehicle from the edges of the bay.

While the researchers expected the women volunteers to be slower, they were surprised to find that the cautious approach did not lead to a tidier final result.

Dr Claudia Wolf from Ruhr University in Bochum, Germany, who led the study, said that the research confirmed previous findings that men have better coordination and spatial awareness than women, and take more risks behind the wheel.

But she qualified: "I don't think that feminism or women's causes are in any way set back by these findings. They only prove what previous studies about the spatial differences between men and women have shown."

- TELEGRAPH.CO.UK
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 08:14   Link #2579
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

That's OLD NEWS...

http://www.asiaone.com/Motoring/Driv...09-134345.html

In Singapore, they had it earlier... and the Swedes seem to have invented the idea with "family parking lots" which are like huge.
Old 2009-12-31, 18:12   Link #2580
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Blizzard Helps Cops Track Down WoW Fan, Suspected Drug Dealer
Quote:
Wanted on drug dealing charges, Alfred Hightower skipped the country after a warrant was issued for his arrest. But he didn't stop playing World of Warcraft and that's how police caught him.

The Howard County Sheriff's Department in Indiana discovered that Hightower, was a big fan of some "warlock and witches game", eventually piecing together that it was World of Warcraft.

The investigating deputy contacted Blizzard to see if they would help track him down, the Kokomo Perspective reports.

"They don't have to respond to us, and I was under the assumption that they wouldn't," Roberson told the Perspective. "It had been three or four months since I had sent the subpoena. I just put it in the back of my mind and went on to do other things. Then I finally got a response from them. They sent me a package of information. They were very cooperative. It was nice that they were that willing to provide information."

Blizzard provided the sheriff the suspect's IP address, account information and history, his billing address, and his online screen name and preferred server. Deputies then used the information to pinpoint Hightower's location in Canada.

Hightower, who was wanted on charges of dealing in a schedule III controlled substance and dealing in a schedule IV controlled substance, and two charges of dealing in marijuana, was picked up by Canadian authorities and will be returned to Howard County on Jan. 5.

While it's good to see Blizzard helping out law enforcement, it is a touch Big Brothery to hear just how much information they track and keep and are so willing to give away... even when not legally required to do so.

Long arm of law reaches into World of Warcraft [Kokomo Perspective, thanks Tim]
Armory link.
Tough luck fella. Bwahaha~

Tags
humor