2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.64%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2016-01-08, 20:23   Link #241
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
It's only a matter of hours if the distance is like several hundred light years away. This doesn't count fold lags unless they use fold crystals which are quite a precious resource. Also the colonies in Delta are set at the galaxy's rim which is roughly 50k light years away from the center where Frontier is near. Its simply just too far for any of the characters in Frontier to travel and it makes little point for them to go there.
That's just your opinion, man. If Sheryl is on another galactic tour she'd have the means and the motive.
Old 2016-01-08, 20:52   Link #242
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
That's just your opinion, man. If Sheryl is on another galactic tour she'd have the means and the motive.
I was not speaking out of opinion. What reasons that any of the Frontier characters want to go all the way to the galactic outbacks especially when Walkure and the Delta squadron already have it covered there. Since the Var syndrome is affecting the entire galaxy it would be common sense for Sheryl and Ranka to hold their front to counter it from their side of the galaxy. Besides Sheryl and Ranka's story is over and there no point of having them cameo in Delta. The best they'll do is give reference to them like playing their songs and/or mentioning them like what Frontier did. Only Macross 7 had returning characters since they wanted rake in the popularity of Max and Milia and it was the second Macross TV series.
Old 2016-01-08, 21:53   Link #243
Gravitas Free Zone

I actually don't mind that for the most part the series only mentions characters from previous series in passing. I think the story stays fresher that way. And as bumbayker notes, the fleets are REALLY DAMN FAR APART. "Space is big" and all that.

Max and Milia made sense considering it was a direct sequel.

I thought that
Spoiler for character:
cameoing in Sayonara no Tsubasa was entirely gratuitous (despite some justification in the supporting materials). Though that fit in with the entirely more gratuitous "now the cavalry shows up" ending.
Old 2016-01-08, 22:06   Link #244
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
It's only a matter of hours if the distance is like several hundred light years away. This doesn't count fold lags unless they use fold crystals which are quite a precious resource. Also the colonies in Delta are set at the galaxy's rim which is roughly 50k light years away from the center where Frontier is near. Its simply just too far for any of the characters in Frontier to travel and it makes little point for them to go there.
This is assuming there are mapped routes around Fold Faults and putting much of the energy on the fold booster.

Gamlin went from the core region to the rim in short order, Mylene closely following him later. All to bring home Basara who was at planet Zola singing to Galactic Whales, a species besides the Vajra who can naturally Fold.
Old 2016-01-08, 23:53   Link #245
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
This is assuming there are mapped routes around Fold Faults and putting much of the energy on the fold booster.

Gamlin went from the core region to the rim in short order, Mylene closely following him later. All to bring home Basara who was at planet Zola singing to Galactic Whales, a species besides the Vajra who can naturally Fold.
Yeah, Folding in Macross is not as slow as one might be led to believe.

If I recall Fold Quartz was introduced as early as VFX-2. Not to mention, by the end of Frontier, every single round of ammunition and every unit of missiles were equipped with Fold Quartz. Given Macross' capacity to mass produce, well...

Moreover, the Zentradi aren't fighting in just the Milky Way, they've long expanded their war outside of the galaxy. If one remembers from the original SDF Macross, their Fold technology is rather robust based on their ability to track the SDF by tracing Fold residue, a ship that had been lost for ages.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2016-01-09 at 00:18.
Old 2016-01-09, 03:40   Link #246
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Yeah, Folding in Macross is not as slow as one might be led to believe.

If I recall Fold Quartz was introduced as early as VFX-2. Not to mention, by the end of Frontier, every single round of ammunition and every unit of missiles were equipped with Fold Quartz. Given Macross' capacity to mass produce, well...
Thing is Mr. Black Market I'm selling to terrorists and getting chummy with Earth supremacists, Manfred Brando, was the 117th Research Fleet sponsor much like Richard Bilrer was with Frontier. He was president of Critical Path Corporation a PMC. Ozma punched him for mistreating Ranka. Ozma's sempai Aegis Focker killed him years later.

The Hyperspace Crystalline Lens mentioned in the Sound Jamming System could be Fold Quartz.

Quote:
Moreover, the Zentradi aren't fighting in just the Milky Way, they've long expanded their war outside of the galaxy. If one remembers from the original SDF Macross, their Fold technology is rather robust based on their ability to track the SDF by tracing Fold residue, a ship that had been lost for ages.

- Tak
It took Vrlitwhai 10 years to track ASS-1, talk about persistence.
Old 2016-01-09, 04:09   Link #247
magnuskn

Quote:
I was not speaking out of opinion.
Actually, you were and you still are. As Tak and Reddy pointed out above, fold quartz ain't that rare as you think.

Quote:
What reasons that any of the Frontier characters want to go all the way to the galactic outbacks especially when Walkure and the Delta squadron already have it covered there. Since the Var syndrome is affecting the entire galaxy it would be common sense for Sheryl and Ranka to hold their front to counter it from their side of the galaxy. Besides Sheryl and Ranka's story is over and there no point of having them cameo in Delta. The best they'll do is give reference to them like playing their songs and/or mentioning them like what Frontier did. Only Macross 7 had returning characters since they wanted rake in the popularity of Max and Milia and it was the second Macross TV series.
The point for a cameo would be to give fans of the characters a shout-out and an additional reason to tune into the show.

I'll give you that, if the Var syndrome is as prevalent as you say, it would make more reason for Sheryl and Ranka to stay in their corner of the galaxy.

And, as I've said, Kawamori doesn't do cameos very often. I'm just trying to find a reasonable way why Sheryl and Alto would come visit. Maybe Hayate really is Altos cousin.
Old 2016-01-09, 05:16   Link #248
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

All this back and forth just because some people want a cameo of Sheryl . If people wish for a cameo, then just let them wish for it. You don't even need to make an argument about it coz, frankly, if the writer wants it, anything can happen. For example, if the writer wants Hayate to somehow meet, say, Hikaru Ichijo, he'll write a plot that will facilitate the reunion no matter how impossible it seems. Jeez people, just chill. I hope this doesn't represent the general direction of this thread (bickering over small things) until the actual series started .
Old 2016-01-09, 05:48   Link #249
ReddyRedWolf

NUN can't manufacture Fold Quartz. The only ones who can create that are Vajra.

Obtaining Fold Quartz boils down to grave robbing. Getting them from dead Vajra or scavenging through Protoculture ruins. Aisha Blanchet in Macross 30 got the necessary components for YF-30 to break through Fold Faults by means of ruins sidequests.
Old 2016-01-09, 06:02   Link #250
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I hope this doesn't represent the general direction of this thread (bickering over small things) until the actual series started .
You're new here?

Old 2016-01-09, 06:13   Link #251
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
You're new here?
Quite apparently. Well, let's hope Delta won't prove as contentious as Frontier did.
Old 2016-01-09, 06:48   Link #252
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Quite apparently. Well, let's hope Delta won't prove as contentious as Frontier did.
You're more of an optimist than me...

Old 2016-01-09, 07:27   Link #253
magnuskn

Quote:
You're more of an optimist than me...
Well, so far I don't see the factors Frontier had. ^^

Besides, Kawamori doesn't do repeats. I doubt we'll have the kind of ship-to-ship combat we had on Frontier. ^^

Last edited by magnuskn; 2016-01-09 at 07:44.
Old 2016-01-09, 09:31   Link #254
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
You're new here?
Compared to you all, I might be new. But I've seen and read past Macross threads and know how ugly it can be (after all, I got multiple bad reps from Frontier thread just because I said I like Macross 7 alone. That's something I rarely experienced in, say, Gundam thread). Things like that is one reason why I don't really frequent Macross threads. So yeah, I was just hoping, after all this time (since Frontier, to be exact), the commenters can be a bit more mature and being above pointless bickering over small things like arguing "whether a cameo will happen or not" when the answer is already clear: if the series-creators & writers wish it, a cameo will happen no matter what. On the contrary, if they don't, then it won't happen no matter what. It's that simple. No need arguing. People can wish whatever they wish.
Old 2016-01-09, 09:37   Link #255
magnuskn

Yeah, but they can also argue about a little point if they like. It's not as if it was mean-spirited or anything. This is a messageboard after all, argueing is all we do all day here.
Old 2016-01-09, 11:07   Link #256
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I just hope we can stay civil, this time. Here's hoping.

Old 2016-01-09, 11:56   Link #257
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
NUN can't manufacture Fold Quartz. The only ones who can create that are Vajra.

Obtaining Fold Quartz boils down to grave robbing. Getting them from dead Vajra or scavenging through Protoculture ruins. Aisha Blanchet in Macross 30 got the necessary components for YF-30 to break through Fold Faults by means of ruins sidequests.
Pure Fold Quartz cannot be acquired by normal means, but artificial FQ already exist. Fold coal is available, but until humanity can refine mined Fold Coal to the level of Vajra, we don't know how effective those are. But considering DMEs were made with them, I'd say humanity isn't that far behind. But we will see how far huamnity advances this time around. After all, apparently mind manipulation can be achieved through fold now, although its not the first time this happened.

Quote:
I just hope we can stay civil, this time. Here's hoping.
You need to have a character as awesome as Sheryl first before we are whipped to a frenzy. Not yet, unfortunately.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2016-01-09 at 12:44.
Old 2016-01-09, 14:37   Link #258
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Pure Fold Quartz cannot be acquired by normal means, but artificial FQ already exist. Fold coal is available, but until humanity can refine mined Fold Coal to the level of Vajra, we don't know how effective those are. But considering DMEs were made with them, I'd say humanity isn't that far behind. But we will see how far huamnity advances this time around. After all, apparently mind manipulation can be achieved through fold now, although its not the first time this happened.
We don't know exactly how the NUN manufactures Carbon like black crystals with Heavy Quantum aka Fold Carbon or Fold Coal. Fold Carbon don't emit Fold Waves like Fold Quartz.

Thermonuclear Reaction Engines may provide a clue as they produce Heavy Quantum.

As per Macross Chronicle there is no such thing as artificial Fold Quartz as the only one which can refine them is the Vajra Queen.
http://monkeybacon.mywebcommunity.or...e/24bVajra.php
Quote:
Fold Quartz all but doesn't exist in the natural world, and only the core Vajra individual, which is called the Vajra Queen, can create it. Even though the mechanism that gives the Fold Quartz to the general Vajra is unknown, considering from such facts as the Knight Class Carrier Vajra having a huge Fold Reactor and refined Fold Quartz crystals being collected from the remains of the lowest level of Vajra, Fold Quartz is certainly given to all Vajra. As a result of the Vajra having the rare Fold Quartz material in this way, it's possible to say that the Vajra have an exceedingly important existence for the human race.
http://monkeybacon.mywebcommunity.or...-SpaceFold.php
Quote:
Putting Fold Quartz To Other Uses
Fold Quartz is the material that's thought to be the catalyst for Space Folds, and it differs from Fold Carbon. Besides sending out Fold Waves, which aren't affected by the Fold Faults, the Fold Quartz that's generated within the bodies of the alien life form Vajra also has the ability to penetrate Fold Faults. The General Galaxy Company, which obtained the Fold Quartz from Vajra remains, developed new devices that surpassed existing Space Fold related devices.
Plus there is a good reason why Richard Bilrer has a SMS branch on Ouroboros. The Protoculture ruins particularly the Dyaus guardians have Fold Quartz.
http://monkeybacon.mywebcommunity.or...-30chronos.php
Quote:
Caption: At the time of this aircraft's development, in addition to existing technology, it's said that parts collected from the Protoculture Ruins on the planet, and the protective weapons that guard the ruins, were also inserted into the YF-30.
The only other natural creatures that can Fold are Galactic Whales. Though there is ban on hunting them they are sought after as their parts are used in Fold Engines. I can only surmise Whales have better quality Fold Carbon in their bodies. Unless of course they have Vajra as part of their menu.

http://monkeybacon.mywebcommunity.or...e/24aVajra.php
Quote:
The Vajra who possess such abilities are alien creatures that have existed from before the Protocultures' Interstellar Republic, similar to the Galactic Whales, and the Protocultures deified their existence.
http://monkeybacon.mywebcommunity.or...imeline46A.php
Quote:
Related Matter: The Galactic Whales That Are Being Poached
There is a reason why the Poaching Group aims at the Galactic Whales. It has been made public that the propulsive organs of the Galactic Whales, who make a seasonal space migration that takes about 1 year, can be diverted into a source of power for space ships (like the Vajra, who can penetrate Fold Faults, it seems that the Galactic Whales also have advanced propulsion organs insider their bodies). For that reason, although the whales are under the protection of the Galactic Scientific Society, the poaching of the Galactic Whales, whose parts have high-priced transactions on the black market, is never ending, and the local Patrol Corps also rack their brains over protecting the whales.
Old 2016-01-09, 16:09   Link #259
justavisitor

OKay, late for the party, just watched episode 1...well i haven't read a single material before the show aired so it's purely the impression from the show itself...

I totally didn't acknowledge Mirage was the main character (I only know that when I visit this thread afterward)...for some reason I thought she was like an assistant like Grace in frontier ....I thought one of the main characters (that is, the character that will involve in the triangle) was Mikumo, because she somewhat looked like Sheryl in frontier

Freyja is a lot more clumsy than Ranka...she is running towards the enemy fire at the end of the episode!?

And Hayate, not much can be said about him...we don't know much of his background yet, but I do like him for rescuing Freyja

I would imagine the "bad guys" (Aerial Knights) become spies in the future, get in touch with members of Walkure, develop some romantic relationship, etc...I am hoping the staff will think of something new XD

Given that we have so many characters in delta compared to frontier, I won't be surprised if someone from Walkure can't make it to the end...

And regarding shipping...no one in particular at this moment...but my first impression of Freyja is...so so
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2016-01-09, 16:49   Link #260
Alchemist007
*Author

It feels more like AKB0048 than Macross, but I guess time will tell.