Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-09-13, 18:48   Link #2661
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneplusme View Post
Vyuraf's way hotter, so clearly the latter. Although heck, Vyuraf/Floef would be fine by me as well.
Still trumped by Anubituf/Guragief, though.
Old 2007-09-13, 21:29   Link #2662
Iskandar Taib

Darthfury wrote:
>Each fan based comic will include at least 5-Chapters, which will start with an
>alternate ending to Episode 2.

*GROAN*
Iskandar Taib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-13, 22:36   Link #2663
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
One thing I should add is that I'm not saying Simoun is "better" than some other show, just that I like it more, and that it is better to me. I am constantly forced to recognize that we all like different things, and that we have a tendency to confuse liking something with that something's being of high quality. Not that quality is such an easy thing to judge. Objective standards for anime are hard to find, and tend to be spurious when people do come up with them, in my opinion.
I'd go farther and risk stating that there is no objective element to be judged in anime: it's art. You may say, "but what about animation quality?", but someone else may say "I like my animation choppy!" and the show with the choppiest animation may be the best show for him or her, and that's perfectly fine. The same goes for every element in a series: How do you judge a plot other than by personal taste? How do you judge a seiyuu other than by personal taste? How do you judge character designs other than by personal taste? How do you judge genres other than by personal taste?

No show is better than other--there's shows I like and there's shows I dislike, and the same goes for any other person regarding any other type of art. There are many things more important in life that require us to find objective answers for, and I feel art should be a laying-back ground for the subjectivity of people to relax and spread wings.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-21, 07:13   Link #2664
Simon
気持ち悪い

A little oddity for collectors: the first (AFAIK) Simoun T-shirt. It was sold at a promo event for the third net radio CD, which was itself tied in with a promotional broadcast for the game release back in June. Obscure enough for you?

The text on the front reads "Takahashi + Takahashi = Takahashimoun" (since the radio show was presented by Takahashi Rieko and Takahashi Mikako), while the back seems to have the lyrics for a song from the show.

Also, for anyone not reading the Simoun-Fans mailing list, MB have put the R1 trailer up on YouTube - tell all your friends! It's got me wondering what extras they're going to include with the DVDs: I'd love to see the R2 extras subbed (especially the mock game-show on V1), but this might be asking a bit much. I think what's most important is that they include good explanatory liner notes, assuming some people buy the DVD who haven't already seen the subs
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-22, 17:02   Link #2665
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Maybe I've mentioned this, but Morinaga Rika (Mamiina) has a very active blog with frequent pics. Here's her most recent pic:

She is showing off her new hair color -- and her cat. Her hair has been orange, red, silver, etc., over the past year. The blog will be pretty active in the coming weeks, since her rock group "function code()" is bringing out a single.

A couple of pics down the page is one of her with Fujimura Ayumi, who was Ayano in Kaze no Stigma, "nee-san" to Rika's Ren. Rika says they went together to the final concert of Horie Yui's group Aice5 (with Asano Masumi, et al.), then went to Chinatown for a meal and to buy some tea. As I've mentioned before, Rika is under 4'11" (149cm) and weighs around 82lbs (37kg).

This fall, she will be in Minami-ke. She has roles in the current shows Moetan, Princess Resurrection, Kaze no Stigma, Seto no Hanayome, and Touka Gettan. She also stars on Moetan radio. Her home page has just been revamped with a lot of Flash.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 22:16   Link #2666
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Send a message via AIM to Futaba-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Futaba-chan
Yurisai?

I know that YT went to Yurisai; did anyone else? How was the Media Blasters premiere? I've heard mostly positive things about their sub, but how was it really?
Futaba-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 23:52   Link #2667
darthfury78

Aaeru=Amuria?

Does anyone believes that Aaeru is Amuria's reincarnation? They are both tough minded. And in battle, they want to be victorious. I have a feeling that Amuria never really left Neviril side, as they are destine to be soulmates whatever the circumstances. One example is that Amuria wanted to escape the pressure of going to the Springs to choose a gender because to make a choice would mean to lose the ability to pilot the Simoun and knowledge that it holds.

This explains why she wanted to perform the Emerald Ri Mājon so she and Neviril could be together. But you already know the rest of that story.

Also, the first chapter that I am working on is almost finished. I have a new character description on Eri. Here are the comparisions: Old vs New:

Eri: Old Version

Erī turns 17 shortly after the start of the series, and goes to the Spring under the temple of Tempus Spatium. Because she hasn't made up her mind as to which sex she prefers to be, she is assigned to be male. He then changes his name to "Erif", as the terminal -f signifies masculinity in the Simulacran culture.

Eri: New Version

Eri is one of the most talented Sibylla fighter pilots of Chor Tempest. She has a passionate but commanding personality. However, she becomes very insecure of her choices whenever she's under a lot of personal pressure. Thus she can be very indecisive at times. She has a close relationship with Rōdoreamon and Guragief, who is her mentor. As the story unfolds, Eri becomes involved with Dominūra plot to uncover the secrets of the Simoun.

I viewed the first two episodes and was able to gather enough hints to create this new description of Eri's character background. All comments are welcome: good or not.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 00:14   Link #2668
Iskandar Taib

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
Does anyone believes that Aaeru is Amuria's reincarnation?
Most definitely not. You can't be a reincarnation if you're alive at the same time as the other person. Not only that, but do you really think Amuria is dead?
Old 2007-10-18, 11:22   Link #2669
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
One example is that Amuria wanted to escape the pressure of going to the Springs to choose a gender because to make a choice would mean to lose the ability to pilot the Simoun and knowledge that it holds.
You sure about that? This was mentioned plenty of times about Aaeru but I for one don't recall it being mentioned about Amuria, too.

Quote:
This explains why she wanted to perform the Emerald Ri Mājon so she and Neviril could be together.
Huh? How the hell was Amuria to know that the Emerald Ri Maajon could send people back or forward in time? She wanted to become stronger, so it was quite understandable she wanted to try the ultimate Ri Maajon. Plus, if she didn't they would have most likely lost the battle in episode one.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 15:05   Link #2670
rishidan
Lackey Extraordinair

I've gotta side with Iskandar on this one.. I think it's safe to say that Amuria and Aaeru are kindred spirits or, to use one of my grandmother's phrases, 'cut from the same bolt of cloth'.

Spoiler for Spoilery Goodness:

In episode 1, Amuria's cockpit was empty which means that the best case scenario would be her making it through alive but, even in a world of hope and puppies, gravity would have eventually kicked in and she would have achieved her terminal velocity within 5 seconds. ...if the atmosphere is comparable to earth's.

There are really only scenario I could come up with for Amuria surviving a fall from such a great height:

Since this IS anime it's completely feasible that she popped into existence somewhere (in future or otherwise) where a hero(ine) was flying about angsting over his/her lot in life, saw her appear, performed some sort of physics defying maneuver thereby managing to save her which lead to the two of them teaming up, saving the world / universe / space-time continuum or ending a war all while falling in and out of love. In all likelihood she probably hit the ground so hard that she dug her own grave.
rishidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 23:46   Link #2671
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

It's also possible that she came out on the other side much closer to the ground than when she entered, resulting in a non-fatal fall. No proof of that, but we really don't have proof of anything on this subject.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 11:49   Link #2672
Iskandar Taib

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
It's also possible that she came out on the other side much closer to the ground than when she entered, resulting in a non-fatal fall. No proof of that, but we really don't have proof of anything on this subject.
Or might simply have ended up lying safely on the grass... Strange things happen in this world, after all - there was what-her-name's dead body in the Simoun, for instance.

As for Aeru and Amuria being alike, or kindred spirits, or whatever, who can tell? We don't find out very much about Amuria, other than that she wanted to "become stronger", and she, um, had a thing for Neville. Was she anywhere near as boke as Aeru? Who knows? I doubt it, though... No one else could be THAT boke, not even Kasuga Ayumu...

Last edited by Iskandar Taib; 2007-10-19 at 12:01.
Old 2007-10-20, 14:37   Link #2673
dauthik
Guitar Hero

Send a message via AIM to dauthik
Wow I just finished watching the series. It was extremely powerful, and also intensely confusing and mind-bending, especially since I was reading Kierkegaard in class at the time, who's all about the freedom of choice and God. Gahhh.

But anyway, I just have a few thoughts to offer on whether Amuria survived or not. So best case scenario being that she did survive after the Emerald Ri-Maajon...

Spoiler for just general spoilers:
dauthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 13:03   Link #2674
oneplusme
Simoun-Fans Editor

The review of the first US disc is up at AnimeOnDVD. They seem to like it.
oneplusme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 20:03   Link #2675
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Ooo thanks for the link, I hadn't noticed it. Mark's review certainly does read very positive. Given I know the story already, my only concern about the English language release was the quality of the DVDs. Not the extras as they never really do it for me... but the actual transfer, audio especially (I rather liked it). Yeah, I enjoyed the series so much that I was going to buy it regardless of what they did to it, but I'm quietly happy to read the two A ratings and that his only real concern about the look of the transfer to DVD was Neviril’s character design which I thought was okay anyway...
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-03, 16:32   Link #2676
LionsMane
Courageous Guardian

Send a message via AIM to LionsMane
It's great to see a good review.
And going back to Neviril's character design...I always found that to be intentional and to me it was a nice touch.
I'm happy about the extras too and I hope they continue to provide them throughout all the DVD releases.
I'll be happy when I have the chance to buy the first volume and see for myself though.
Old 2007-11-04, 06:56   Link #2677
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneplusme View Post
The review of the first US disc is up at AnimeOnDVD. They seem to like it.
Yay! But have MB really chosen to go with "Aer"?
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 15:19   Link #2678
oneplusme
Simoun-Fans Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Yay! But have MB really chosen to go with "Aer"?
As I understand it they didn't have much choice - the licensor dictated the English spellings. (Which, yes, is utterly stupid - and thus exactly the kind of thing the Japanese media corporations seem to like doing just to show who's in charge...)
oneplusme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 16:51   Link #2679
LionsMane
Courageous Guardian

Send a message via AIM to LionsMane
Do we know of any other name changes that will take place? For some reason I feel like Rodoreamon's name might be altered.
Old 2007-11-05, 19:13   Link #2680
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

I remember seeing that as 'Lodoreamon' in several places. Perhaps that's what it'll end up being.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, science fiction, yuri