AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-14, 17:26   Link #2761
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I don't know, it didn't damage him in the slightest. I think they still feel pain but don't take any actual damage from minor things like that. Plus he wasn't paying attention. If DBZ ki is based on the real life variety, you have to be concentrating to actually use it for protection. (Ever see that Superhero show on the History channel )
Ever since Goku was a kid, we've seen him and other characters withstand bullets without feeling a sting. That being said, how is it that a Super Saiyan who is exponentially more powerful than the characters in that era would feel pain from a measly little rock? Paying attention or not, it's not plausible in the least bit.

This is just one of those cases of terrible filler by Toei Animation, and they really should have left it out.
Old 2010-12-14, 17:32   Link #2762
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Why should that matter when a individual who is able to destroy a planet is hit with a little rock? It's just stupid filler, end of story.
I don't think it makes sense, but I guess I can still find stuff like that funny? That's kinda the point, it shouldn'tve hurt but did. Blackbeard above me is gettin really worked up over it^
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 18:03   Link #2763
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
I don't think it makes sense, but I guess I can still find stuff like that funny? That's kinda the point, it shouldn'tve hurt but did. Blackbeard above me is gettin really worked up over it^
Believe me, I'm not getting worked up over it . I just found that scene to be lame, that's all.
Old 2010-12-14, 18:37   Link #2764
ChainLegacy
廉頗

^Guess Apocalypse as your avatar made you seem angrier than you actually are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Vegeta trolling Piccolo and Piccolo not caring was priceless as usual.
Vegeta is just hilarious, such a dick Trunks is in awe of the powerup and Vegeta claims there's none at all. I wonder how much he actually did improve, since there's no fights for the rest of the series to measure Piccolo's strength
Old 2010-12-14, 19:15   Link #2765
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
^Guess Apocalypse as your avatar made you seem angrier than you actually are
LOL. I'm partial towards villains. Without them, things would be boring .

I do remember your Ganondorf avatar from Ocarina of Time (which was an amazing game, btw ).
Old 2010-12-14, 22:59   Link #2766
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Little did we all know that Krillin is indeed the strongest being in the universe. A simple toss of the rock delivers the force of a thousand Cell punches!

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 16:32   Link #2767
Vegard Aune

So guys, hate to be the bearer of potentially bad news, but... Dragon Ball Kai is losing its timeslot on Fuji TV to Toriko in April. What will happen to it afterwards remains to be seen; either it'll just continue on a different channel (or a different timeslot on the same one) or it'll get cancelled alltogether, which would be very odd considering the ratings it gets. (Though I did hear something about it apparently not selling very well, so that might have something to do with it...)
Old 2010-12-15, 17:01   Link #2768
GDB

Quote:
I wonder how much he actually did improve, since there's no fights for the rest of the series to measure Piccolo's strength
Well, he does fight against Cell Jr, and puts up a lot better of a fight than a worn out Goku, but not quite as good as Vegeta and Trunks.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 17:18   Link #2769
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
So guys, hate to be the bearer of potentially bad news, but... Dragon Ball Kai is losing its timeslot on Fuji TV to Toriko in April. What will happen to it afterwards remains to be seen; either it'll just continue on a different channel (or a different timeslot on the same one) or it'll get cancelled alltogether, which would be very odd considering the ratings it gets. (Though I did hear something about it apparently not selling very well, so that might have something to do with it...)
Personally can't see them cover all the of Buu saga before April. Hmmm, chances are it'll either A) stop after Cell, or B) change channel/time slot.
Old 2010-12-15, 17:29   Link #2770
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Hmmm, chances are it'll either A) stop after Cell, or B) change channel/time slot.
This. I can see the entire Cell games including ending lasting 12 episodes
Old 2010-12-15, 17:50   Link #2771
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
This. I can see the entire Cell games including ending lasting 12 episodes
I'd say 10 episodes pushing it.
Old 2010-12-15, 18:02   Link #2772
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
They've gone this far with the project, so as a courtesy to the fans they should go through the Buu saga as well. It'd be pretty stupid to just cancel the series all because of a TV time slot conflict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Well, he does fight against Cell Jr, and puts up a lot better of a fight than a worn out Goku, but not quite as good as Vegeta and Trunks.
According to the manga, only Vegeta and Trunks were able to defend themselves (as stated by Cell). We don't even see Piccolo fighting the Cell Jrs.
Old 2010-12-15, 18:16   Link #2773
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

i sat that they would finish it, but i don't see how they could fit the Buu saga in, i think they'll just end after Cell, i was hoping they would do the Buu saga though
Old 2010-12-15, 18:52   Link #2774
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
i sat that they would finish it, but i don't see how they could fit the Buu saga in, i think they'll just end after Cell, i was hoping they would do the Buu saga though
Cancellation is gratuitous, quite frankly. They can easily circumvent this problem by changing the time slot or putting it on a different channel, like Vegard Aune said.

I'd imagine there would be quite the fan outrage if Toei doesn't do the Buu saga, especially over something that could easily be solved.
Old 2010-12-15, 19:09   Link #2775
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
They've gone this far with the project, so as a courtesy to the fans they should go through the Buu saga as well. It'd be pretty stupid to just cancel the series all because of a TV time slot conflict.
Well, they could end it after Cell with it being a "Director's Cut", and the "Director" not liking the Buu saga.

Quote:
According to the manga, only Vegeta and Trunks were able to defend themselves (as stated by Cell). We don't even see Piccolo fighting the Cell Jrs.
It's not much, but chapter 408, page 5 (at least according to these scans) you can see everyone fighting off in the distance. Vegeta and Trunks obviously have an advantage, and Piccolo is able to defend himself. Everyone else is getting pummeled into the ground. Then in chapter 409 (pages 1 and 13), you can see Piccolo's at least still standing against the Cell Jr, even if he's bleeding a bit (then again, so are Trunks and Vegeta).

Though it is kind of odd that they don't show any shots of him fighting at all. I guess that just means that he's in a deadlock defensive battle, unlike Vegeta/Trunks who are going back and forth on offense and defense, and the others just getting whomper-stomped.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 23:11   Link #2776
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Well, they could end it after Cell with it being a "Director's Cut", and the "Director" not liking the Buu saga.
And we all know that would be a load of crap. Such a lame, yet convenient excuse to cover up the time slot conflict. But iirc, Kai has been advertised as a "Toriyama's Cut" edition, has it not? All that means is that Toei would adhere more closely to the manga (which it has); nothing to do with omitting canon material. But we'll see; I'm sure (or at least I hope) Toei won't resort to doing something so ridiculous.

Edit: Here's a picture featuring Kid Buu on a Kai promotional 2011 calendar. I think it's safe to say they're going to do the Buu Saga.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Snzu1Y8vkF...0013413268.jpg

Quote:
Though it is kind of odd that they don't show any shots of him fighting at all.
Indeed it is. It was an opportune moment to see Piccolo's strength progression after finishing his training in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber.
Old 2010-12-16, 03:28   Link #2777
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Here's a picture featuring Kid Buu on a Kai promotional 2011 calendar. I think it's safe to say they're going to do the Buu Saga.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Snzu1Y8vkF...0013413268.jpg
Yeah i was thinking of that, though speaking of past experiences, it's not unknown for a company to not animate certain parts of the source material that appeared on promotional art. It has happened in the past.

I still have faith that we'll see the Buu saga though. Guess we'll know after the Cell Games.
Old 2010-12-16, 09:44   Link #2778
ChainLegacy
廉頗

As much as I'd like to see the whole series, the Buu saga is the poorest part of DBZ in my opinion. But like others are saying, I can't see them just stopping like that... Too bizarre of a thing to do.
Old 2010-12-16, 21:02   Link #2779
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
As much as I'd like to see the whole series, the Buu saga is the poorest part of DBZ in my opinion. But like others are saying, I can't see them just stopping like that... Too bizarre of a thing to do.
If anything, I just wanna see Videl with her pigtails You can call me shallow but it brings back memories

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 04:32   Link #2780
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
If anything, I just wanna see Videl with her pigtails You can call me shallow but it brings back memories
I'm a guy who likes his girls with short hair, though i can easily say Videl looks adorable with pigtails.