Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-30, 09:03   Link #261
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
The question is really why does Oda want us to know that there is a half year gap after the whole training is complete / before the meeting up when the gap has already happened?
That should be fairly obvious: now Rayleigh can comment on how much Luffy has grown in their time apart. Specifically, if Luffy was always with Rayleigh, then nothing Luffy did would surprise Rayleigh. But now that we know that there is a 6 month separation, Luffy can show some insane move/technique that no-one knows about, and Rayleigh, as a potential spectator, can comment on this new technique that he had no idea about, etc. The 6 months is there for Oda to pull out anything he wants.

---

That being said, I loved Fake-Franky’s and Fake-Robin’s designs. In fact, all the Fake-Strawhats were great (they stole the show, though the first few moments with Luffy and Hancock were hilarious).

Speculation for next chapter: Luffy will escape from Fake-Luffy while not revealing himself; Zoro will be shown (meeting up with Sanji presumably); a better idea as to who is after Robin will be shown; and Franky will attend Brook's concert (hell, I want to attend Brook's concert). No reveal yet, but the characters will start to converge on Thousand Sunny again. 600 will be when they are revealed and the Fake-Strawhats begin to cower .
Old 2010-09-30, 09:04   Link #262
Kallen4life

the servers aren't doing too well I see

sloooooooooooow

but , YES FINALLY
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2010-09-30, 09:12   Link #263
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Love the new Robin and Nami.

Usopp and Chopper might no longer be part of the weak trio but they're definitely still part of the gullible trio.
Old 2010-09-30, 09:19   Link #264
Kallen4life

robin = HOTNESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

fake!Robin & the fox cracked me up
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2010-09-30, 09:27   Link #265
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

I don't like Nami new looks
Old 2010-09-30, 09:34   Link #266
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

So Boa has been officially rejected as a new crew member.

I am sad.
Old 2010-09-30, 09:53   Link #267
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

What a great chapter! The fake Robin is just freaking weird, while fake Zoro and Sanji reminded me of Beavis and Butt-Head.

So the real Zoro and Franky went straight to the ship a few days before the others got there. I am now 99% sure that Franky's gonna make Zoro a cyborg arm. He also looks beefed up on that picture (didn't notice the big metallic-looking hands and scars on his chest in the low-res posted here before)!

Everyone else looks great, too, and poor Sanji finally escaped from his personal Hell.
Old 2010-09-30, 09:58   Link #268
Prestige

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS!!!

SOOOO GOOOD!:

I loved it, I loved every singe panel and every single detail...damn, it was SO long wait but it was worth it!

Chapter was AMAZING! BRILLIANT! I cant pick what I loved most but everything was amazing, I love new looks of Strawhats!

GREAT CHAPTER!, oh jeez I am shakin...
Old 2010-09-30, 10:02   Link #269
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Fake Straw Hats will soon get their asses kicked, then the Marines will likely show up and arrest them for good measure.

Nami was awesome, lighting up that entire building. Ussop, too. Guy is shooting man-eating plants at people now.
Old 2010-09-30, 10:05   Link #270
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

Such a great chapter I am tingling with anticipation of what Luffy will do. My bet is that he's not going to do a thing physically. Instead something along the lines of a wanted poster flying by or people just realize that he is the real Straw Hat Luffy. When this happens he's going to haki blast the impostor crew without "raising a finger" hehe. Should be epic.
Old 2010-09-30, 10:07   Link #271
tsunade666

Man! waiting for 4 weeks was an utterly pain but waiting for another week for the next chapter is just torture.
Old 2010-09-30, 10:11   Link #272
t3ck
Anime Freak

awesome chapter! epic! love Nami's new look. don't think Zoro lose one arm though. the full scan clearly shows he still have 3 swords. and robbing Zoro off santouryu is like making Luffy rubber man no more.
Old 2010-09-30, 10:15   Link #273
Prestige

I wonder if Zoro lost his right eye? There is scar going through his right eye in color spread page of Strawhats.

But I think it would be ripping too much of Guts (Berserk) but its still possible.

Oh dear, chapter sites are under massive strain...

*FOUR EMPERORS* ? Instead of Three emperors its clear that someone has risen to take place of Whitebeard, is it Blackbeard, Marco or someone else?
Old 2010-09-30, 10:21   Link #274
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Oh man took me forever to read the chapter, the connection was pretty slow>_<

Well it certain was a awesome way to jump back into the story, I was all giddy with excitment when reading this.

I love how Hancock thinks of herself, it truly amuses me to no end

Well you won't get any complaints from me on the changes to the SH.
Luffy may have gotten a little plump and Franky may have lost some weight and Robin has somehow shrunk in size but well they are still the SH we all know and love

Oh whats that? They aren't the real SH, well you had me fooled!

But yea no complaints from me, Nami-swan and Robin-chwan are just

Sanji is still the same, his attitude is great as always "I NEED A LADYYYYY<3"

Usopp is well hard to say really, if he will still keep with his Sogeking persona then it's all good here.

Chopper's still quite clueless/naive about some things which is always charming

I wonder if we'll see a little something from Luffy next chapter in dealing with himself or would that be fat Luffy?

Oh the confusion, it's worse than time paradoxes

Also can't wait to see the deal with Zoro and Franky!
Old 2010-09-30, 10:23   Link #275
Kuroyuki
Obscure Unknown

I just read it, and...

Spoiler for zoro's arm:

Asides from that, I loved the chapter, especially the ending.

Luffy - I agree with Oda's choice to leave Luffy largely unchanged. It suits the fact that he is go-lucky, and whimpsical, which is reinforced by his relatively un-pirate-like appearance.
Zoro - waiting for his appearance, likely next chapter, to confirm my thoughts
Nami - Great, I especially like that she grew her hair, it makes her look even more feminine/mature.
Usopp - So-so, but I've never like his design from the beginning. He has become stronger, but I hope that isn't just his usual self-boasting.
Sanji - Thank god he didn't become part/all okama (sp?), I don't know what I'd do if he did. This brings about the question, were they all sent to islands in Paradise.
Chopper - No change, except slightly larger antlers. I don't mind, he, like Luffy, really isn't the type that has a need to look 'tough', since that slightly clashes with their design.
Robin - Very very good, I really like the look A LOT. Her new design brings out her natural beauty, much like Hancock, which, if you notice, they wear similar attire. IMO, this may be a slight concession to those who hoped that Hancock would be the next crewmate.
Franky - like Zoro, waiting for next chapter to carry full opinion.
Brooke - Good, very good, the switch from the musical style of an older age, to something more appreciable to the modern age is the perfect change for Brooke.

All in all, I have little to complain about, that for Zoro, Franky, and Luffy, I want to wait til next chapter to express how great/good/bad/terrible I think they've become.

-K
Old 2010-09-30, 10:24   Link #276
noktown

Btw look on the proper scan,Zoro's arm looks not as misssing as it does on a sucky scan,it could also look like missing,because we are looking into it too much.
Old 2010-09-30, 10:25   Link #277
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

Seeing the larger scan on the actual chapter, it doesn't look like he lost his arm. And I doubt he lost his eye.
Old 2010-09-30, 10:27   Link #278
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Yea I don't think Zoro lost an arm either, happy to see Sanji is still the same .
Old 2010-09-30, 10:37   Link #279
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Lmao, Luffy's reputation is being ruined D:

Quote:
*FOUR EMPERORS* ? Instead of Three emperors its clear that someone has risen to take place of Whitebeard, is it Blackbeard, Marco or someone else?
Where does it mention the Yonkou?
Old 2010-09-30, 10:39   Link #280
noktown

Yeah everyone thinks now that Luffy's a cruel bastard,let the real Luffy take care of his fake crew ;o

They don't look like they can do anything(the imposters),i mean the fake straw-hat is carrying a gun lulz.
Closed Thread