Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-02-16, 15:12   Link #261
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
LoL Daisuke is a coackroach small type guy. And he only admitted his crime due to special circumstances (amatsunagi's upcoming summary is going to touch this).

He isn't smart enough to plan anything and is just lowly and cowardly acts on chances that show themselves. He has started on lusting for Kaori for real (as in, he desires to take down the "things" that are in the way and steal her for himself).

As for the people that think that Hajime is looked down by everyone, they are wrong.

- There is Kouki and the other guy (Ryuutarou?). They don't hate him, but they don't understand him; and for that reason they sometimes say / do things that aren't with bad intentions, but make Hajime feel out of place.

- Kaori, who obviously deeply respects him; but Hajime doesn't "understand" this.

- Shizuku, who is very polite and sharp; she clearly sees what concept of Kaori has of Hajime (since she understands Kaori the best) and for that reason she threats him fairly and sensibly (she has never done something to make him feel awkward, and she has even done some Hajime x Kaorin shipping I like her). Since she is too polite, she doesn't act "budding" with Hajime though (it's a perfect example of "boyfriend of my friend" relationship )

.... Oh, and if I understand this right, for a small minority of the class (I think some girls), Hajime (at least temporarily) became a sort of "yasashii eiyuu" who kindly sacrified himself for everyone.
Very 8man, which makes Kouki a Hayato.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 16:15   Link #262
Avaricia
My Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
Very 8man, which makes Kouki a Hayato.
Hachiman and Hayato are not friends. The heck are you talking about?
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 16:18   Link #263
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaricia View Post
Hachiman and Hayato are not friends. The heck are you talking about?
I wouldn't call Kouki and Hajime friends either.
Old 2014-02-16, 16:19   Link #264
Avaricia
My Lord

Quote:
I wouldn't call Kouki and Hajime friends either.
wut? Amatsunagi stated that they are BEST FRIENDS. Come on man!
Old 2014-02-16, 16:24   Link #265
BW95
Banned

Quote:
You're gonna have to quote that. Anyway, from what I've read so far of Amatsunagi's summaries, while Kouki is a nice guy he only associates with Hajime because of Kaori. Kouki doesn't understand Hajime so I think calling them friends is a bit much, much less best friends.
Old 2014-02-16, 16:28   Link #266
Avaricia
My Lord

Quote:
You're gonna have to quote that. Anyway, from what I've read so far of Amatsunagi's summaries, while Kouki is a nice guy he only associates with Hajime because of Kaori. Kouki doesn't understand Hajime.

Quote:
The last guy with casual remarks, is Sakagami Ryuutarou. He is Kouki best friend, Sharp eyes mixed with merry feeling, very short hair and large build of body at 190 cm. At first glance it obvious this guy is the hot-blooded type. The things he likes are, effort or fervor or guts. He looks like the person who hate guys like Hajime who has no motivation.
Ok... that was embarrassing
I apologise...

*facepalm*
Old 2014-02-16, 16:30   Link #267
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Kouki's definitely a Hayato and Hajime's in a situation that's worst than Hachiman.At least Hachiman doesn't get beaten up by bullies.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 16:35   Link #268
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Ok... that was embarrassing
I apologise...

*facepalm*
Oh. So you were actually mistaking Sakagami for Hajime?
Old 2014-02-16, 16:38   Link #269
bludvein

Quote:
From what I've read, they were never that good of friends. More like acquaintances or a friend-of-a-friend. They most certainly aren't best friends by any definition I ever heard.

Hajime was a bit of a loner, with Kaori being the only one truly friendly. The others stuck around mostly for her.

EDIT: Nm, thats what I get for going to get a drink before finishing my post.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 16:52   Link #270
Avaricia
My Lord

Quote:
Oh. So you were actually mistaking Sakagami for Hajime?
Only the best friend part
Old 2014-02-16, 17:03   Link #271
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Whoa, I have been totally digging amatsunagi's novel recommendations these past weeks, really good stuff all over the place.

Hmmm.... I have to say that what dragged me in at first for this one, was a weak MC, trying to find that place where he belong and that way of living happily while still being helpful to the people he cares about.

Since he became H4x bork3n from the get go, I'l have to tweak my expectations. Clingy jealous heroines always strinke a cord with me, let's hope I'm not wrong at that one.

Opinion : slight bet on the night stalker being the bratty prince.
Wow. I just noticed that this isn't the new trend of OP protagonists, but it's not one of those hot-blooded shounen protagonists either. Hajime's transformation is ultimately born from noticeably darker, primal emotions.

I thought it might have been the prince, too, but eventually my hate of the bully won me over.
Old 2014-02-16, 17:13   Link #272
bludvein

Quote:
Wow. I just noticed that this isn't the new trend of OP protagonists, but it's not one of those hot-blooded shounen protagonists either. Hajime's transformation is ultimately born from noticeably darker, primal emotions.

I thought it might have been the prince, too, but eventually my hate of the bully won me over.
That's what drew me to this as well. One sec its all fantasy harem, and then the next Hajime gets his arm sliced off and eaten. It brings a realism that isn't present in other stories of this type. He just wants to live and go home, and while he isn't intentionally cruel, he is extremely indifferent to people who haven't been stuck in a similar situation.
Old 2014-02-16, 17:18   Link #273
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
That's what drew me to this as well. One sec its all fantasy harem, and then the next Hajime gets his arm sliced off and eaten. It brings a realism that isn't present in other stories of this type. He just wants to live and go home, and while he isn't intentionally cruel, he is extremely indifferent to people who haven't been stuck in a similar situation.
Nice. Very nice. It's a fresh twist to the typical shounen power-ups.
Old 2014-02-16, 17:29   Link #274
Avaricia
My Lord

Quote:
Nice. Very nice. It's a fresh twist to the typical shounen power-ups.
Spoiler for ... you called?:
Old 2014-02-16, 17:35   Link #275
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Spoiler for ... you called?:
Exactly. There's actually a good reason for his power-ups and considering that he went through what was probably excruciating pain from his new diet, his power was definitely earned.

Oh, yeah. Can anyone tell me which arm he lost? Left or right?
Old 2014-02-16, 17:46   Link #276
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

I hink it's hist left, cuz his right han monopoloze by Yue....
Old 2014-02-16, 17:49   Link #277
bakapervert
A pervert

At this moment, what does Hajime think of Yue? Only as friend, or he has romantic feeling for her?
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 17:51   Link #278
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
At this moment, what does Hajime think of Yue? Only as friend, or he has romantic feeling for her?
Well, I'm pretty sure his time in hell killed any sex drive he had. At most, he probably feels a sense of kinship with her what with their similar circumstances and all. They have a deep relationship and she's no doubt very important to him, but I doubt it borders the territory of romance.

I really hope this gets published. I really need illustrations.
Old 2014-02-16, 18:00   Link #279
bludvein

I'd say it definitely borders romance, considering how often they "make a world for the two of them" and ignore everybody else. For the moment, she is the closest relationship he has. They aren't lovers, but they might as well be considering how they act.
Old 2014-02-16, 18:02   Link #280
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
I'd say it definitely borders romance, considering how often they "make a world for the two of them" and ignore everybody else. For the moment, she is the closest relationship he has. They aren't lovers, but they might as well be.
Really? So she's the main heroine? Figures. It's never the childhood friend, which Kaori is most similar to. Can you give a brief description of Yue? I like to imagine Mondaiji's Leticia.

Tags
baka yuusha, chuunibyou, complete, demons, dimension traveling, fantasy, firearms, harem, isekai, magitech, rabbitgirl, summoned, true harem, tsundere male mc, webnovel